JERRY SMITH FLOORING & DESIGN CENTER

Founded 1986 • With Angi since November 2010

915 US HIGHWAY 1

Sebastian, FL 32958

We are Jerry Smith Flooring & Design Center, Indian River County's largest and most complete floor covering store. We serve our customers with a complete line of flooring including tile, marble, stone, hardwood floors, carpet, vinyl, laminate and other related products. Our installations are fully

08/13/2021

David W.

What a great pleasure it was doing our brand new build with Jerry Smith. From start to finish working with Mickie was professional and very easy. He guided us when we got stuck, a few times, to some of the best bathroom, flooring and backsplash choices that we have every made for our new home. His installation team was flawless very happy with the finished product. If you want someone that has the chops and honesty go to Jerry Smith. Thank you Mickie!

Description of Work
New home build complete tile for all three bathrooms kitchen and flooring.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, home remodeling

01/06/2021

Gary O.

As new residents to the Sebastian area from Oklahoma City, we obviously had little knowledge of local, trustworthy builders and vendors for building a new home. So naturally we had to rely on our local realtor, and our own “consumer reviews” research to assist in making the right choices for the project. Thanks to the great customer service and nice selection of high quality products from Jerry’s Flooring, we couldn’t be more pleased with the outcome. Our no-pressure sales representative, Mickey Willaman, was an outstanding advisor in helping us make wise decisions on flooring and tile products. Their installers were five star! After the home was completed in the fall of 2020, Mickey came to the home for follow up on a few last minute details and made sure everything was completed to our satisfaction. Doing business with a locally owned and respected company like Jerry’s Flooring, made the difference in minimizing our fears and concerns. You will feel confident and satisfied doing business with this company… They do it right!

Description of Work
Flooring and tiles for new build home

Category carpet cleaners, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

10/19/2020

Chris D.

Couldn't have been better! Mickie was great to work with.

Description of Work
complete flooring through our home.

02/20/2020

Fabienne M.

It was extremely well done. The installer was very meticulous, personable and a pleasure to have around.

Description of Work
Old tiles were torn out and new ones installed in master bath and master bedroom.

05/21/2018

Sherry H.

Julie was great...she came to the house, measured the rooms and gave us recommendations on flooring. Excellent Job!! The installers moved all furniture out of two bedrooms, installed flooring in both rooms and moved the furniture back...in one day!!. They were very efficient, friendly and did an excellent job. I would definitely recommend Jerry's Flooring!! Thank you for a job well done!

Description of Work
Laminate Flooring

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

10/27/2017

margaret B.

I like the flooring and the color kind of disappointed in the washed out Painted quarter round. The carpeting in the bedroom was very low-quality Also put the white quarter round against The brown Cabinets we were told to buy new molding and stain it ourselves and then they came back out and replaced it

Description of Work
Core tech plus vinyl flooring and one bedroom carpeted

10/25/2017

Roger S.

The final outcome is beautiful! this group does an excellent job! For outdoor work the weather must cooperate so give the time needed to them to get to you at the right time. Then all will be perfect. We are so happy with selection and final outcome!

Description of Work
Install patio tile front and back porch

05/30/2017

Maureen D.

Better than good. Considerate, professional, reasonable price for the amount of work done. Quality of rugs & vinyl planking superior. Would recommend this company without any reservations.

Description of Work
vinyl plank flooring. Rugs in 2 bedrooms. Removal of tile in dining room

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, flooring contractor

Thank you for the review!!! It was great working with you as well! :)

12/13/2016

Todd G.

It went as good as it could go. He called and told me when he'd be there and came and knocked it out. Cleaned up and left.

Description of Work
Carpeting.

Category carpet installation

Thank you for giving us this review! We appreciate it!!

12/13/2016

Todd G.

He stood me up 3 times. He did show up to give me an estimate but not for the work.

Description of Work
Tile repair.

Category ceramic tile

We have no record of you as a customer of ours in any of the prior years. We do see that you have posted more than one review on Angie's List page. Perhaps you have us confused with a different flooring company?!

08/31/2015

Anthony K.

Building our new home, we didn't like the developer's options for wood floors. So we spoke to four contractors, including Jerry Smith Inc as recommended here. They were very patient and we trusted them, but we didn't love any of their flooring samples. We actually found what we wanted (a particular type and quality of Acacia engineered hardwood) at another place -- and when we showed their sample to Tom Wake at Jerry Smith Inc., he tracked down the manufacturer ... and beat the competition's price by more than $1,000. The installation was fast and flawless, despite being somewhat difficult (we wanted the planks in one room installed on the diagonal). We are thrilled with the result!

Description of Work
Prepped slab in two rooms for hardwood, then supplied and installed it.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

02/10/2015

Jacqueline T.

Went very well. Had the product we wanted at a reasonable price. Showed up as scheduled and did a super job. We had the same thing done at our summer home in TN. These guys did a better installation job with a whole lot less fuss. Very happy with the project all around. It went much better than expected.

Description of Work
Put in a LVT floor in a bedroom.

03/25/2014

Bernard R.

They had to tear it down first and found out that I had an infestation of ants. We weren't expecting that. They did a great job getting rid of them. They had replace the board behind the tile because it was getting moisture form outside. They did a great job with that as well. I was very happy with all of their work. I've been using them for about 20 years now and we are still very happy with the work that they have done. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They re-tiled my bathroom.

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

03/25/2014

Cheryl O.

Great-good quality workmanship

Description of Work
re tiled a partial bathroom

07/17/2013

Ellen I.

They were fine. They did a god job. We were had to have half the job done. We had one bathroom done that we needed to use the bathroom and half he house. So they did half of the job at a time and then we had to have some work. We had to demolish the house and rebuilt, so they came back and did it in two stages which was perfect. We are waiting for some extra tiles. The crew was nice and good. Julie was our sales person, who did our design and everything. It was a pleasure working with her too. They were clean, did everything that we asked them to do and worked with us on the grout and made sure everything was right color.

Description of Work
Jerry Smith Flooring & Design Center remodeled our kitchen and bathroom.

Category home remodeling

06/13/2013

Nancy R.

They did an excellent job on the floors. They told me how to take care of them and what to do/not to do. They were able to remove the furniture out of the rooms and put it back the way it was. They didn't even need my help. I commend them for traveling so far to do the project at my house. It was a little out of their way. Remember to take your old carpet and get squares to put under the furniture to prevent scrapes on the new laminate.

Description of Work
They pulled up the carpet and put down all new laminate floors.

Category hardwood floor

05/30/2013

Colleen V.

We have hired them twice in the last five years. The work was turned fine and we are happy with it.

Description of Work
They installed wood flooring and carpeting.

Category carpet installation, hardwood floor

cheryl H.

The work and tile itself was excellent. I only had one complaint that I had with them. I ordered some tile for the outside foyer and they did not tell us until it came in that we had to pay the shipping costs because they did not have it in stock. There are hidden fees that they don’t tell you about. They also over-estimated what we needed and the tile was not cheap. We had one full and one half box leftover of tile. We tried to take the full box of tile back for a refund and they refused to provide a refund. However, the guy who laid the tile was phenomenal and superior.

Description of Work
They laid tile work for our outdoor flooring.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

On a given rule of installation, we need to order a certain percentage of tile overage in order to allow for waste due to the layout. It is impossible to know exactly how much extra tile is going to be needed for that. It is also a good idea to have a few extra tiles around for the future just in case... The tile you chose does look great on your porch! We are glad you are happy with it!

Melinda B.

The work turned out fine. I enjoyed working with them. They got and put in what I wanted. The young lady I worked with was very professional and came by to make sure they were doing what they were supposed to be doing. The work turned out good.

Description of Work
They put in flooring and tile work in my house.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, home remodeling

Richard F.

The work went beautifully. They were timely. There were no hidden charges with the work. They came in and moved all the furniture for us. They also worked beautifully with my dogs and were pet friendly. I was very comfortable having them in my house. I would use them again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
They installed some tile in bathroom and carpeting in two rooms.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile

05/14/2013

Mark D.

Jerry Smith Flooring & Design Center gave me an estimate, but they never even looked at it. They made me feel like I was imposing on them, like they didn't have time for me. They were short. I told them the problem and wanted an estimate. He just wrote it down on a piece of paper and handed it to me, without even looking at it or anything.

Description of Work
I got an estimate for carpet.

Category carpet installation

04/30/2013

Ellen I.

Great working with Julie and Tito's team, they were very professional in all phases of the job. From providing several estimates, making suggestions, providing samples, to installaions. Worked up creative desing for entrance - with further detail added at time of installation. Job was done in 2 phases to work around our needs. Installation(s) were quick, yet giving time to important details. Clean and neat.

Description of Work
Removed old carpet + tile. Replaced with new tile throughout.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, flooring contractor

04/15/2013

Robert S.

The workers from Jerry Smith Flooring & Design Center did good work quickly and was pleasant to work with.

Description of Work
Jerry Smith Flooring & Design Center did some ceiling and seam work on my house.

Category flooring contractor

01/07/2013

Heather H.

The only hiccup was that the carpet manufacturer, Mohawk, didn't have the carpet color and thickness we wanted in stock, so we had to wait about 2 weeks for it to come out of production.

Description of Work
Carpet and pad installed in 3 bedrooms.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Customer, Thank you for the review! Your carpet is beautiful... I'm sure you are glad you waited :) Enjoy your new home! Julie

12/18/2012

Gary B.

Fast and professional service. Plan to replace rest of carpet in spring and will definitely have them do it. They were very careful with baseboard and walls. Carpet was installed in about 4 hours. Excellent workmanship, and skilled installation. They cleaned up well after they had installed carpet.

Description of Work
Replaced carpet in half of house. Had repairs done to carpet in portion of house where carpet was not replaced. Fast and professional service. Plan to replace rest of carpet in spring and will definitely have them do it.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Thanks so much, Customer! Look forward to seeing you again in the spring...