Tropical Storm Shield Inc

Founded 1997 • With Angi since August 2009

2203 Industrial Blvd

Sarasota, FL 34234

Additional contact names - Steven Johnson, Kathy Johnson, Sarah R. Hunter, Chalise Johnson, Robert Erlon Crowther. Additional phones - (855) 759-6261. Additional DBAs - HurricaneMan, Inc., Tropical Storm Shield, Inc. Additional email - sales@tropicalstormshield.com, Additional website - www.hurricaneman.com. Cost is determined by job....

10/03/2014

Diana C.

Description of Work
Install Hurricane Screen on Lanai and clear hurricane shutters on 2 windows using existing mounts

07/02/2014

Richard S.

Old motor was long obsolete so it was necessary to fabricate and revise fittings to accommodate the new motor. .Mark and helper were able to overcome the problems in surprisingly short time. Job was done professionally and for the price quoted (less the 5% Angie's List discount. I would not be confident in recommending Tropical Storm Shield to anyone that asked. Later found the price quoted was high.. Metal particles left on pool deck rusted into painted deck. Used another provider to repair set of 4 shutters.

Description of Work
Replaced motor on double width roll down shutter.

05/14/2014

Gary H.

It went fine, for what they did, it went very well.

Description of Work
We used Tropical Storm Shield.

06/04/2013

Richard D.

I expressed a desire to have a quote at the time of my appointment, but was told they would have to write it up at the office. I provided them with my email address and requested a copy of the quote be sent to me. I have not heard from them since. I have decided to go with Sarasota Hurricane Shutters as a result.

Description of Work
Showed up on time, took measurements, and left promising a quote.

04/20/2013

Henry M.

Prior to the installation, I was provided with a detailed estimate, and the estimator answered all my questions. He also made helpful suggestions which improved my original scope of work. A choice of colors was provided for the accordion-style shutters. One other estimate was provided, which was higher, even though that contractor's shop was located much closer to my home. The building permit was obtained by the contractor. The installation was performed by a young man who worked quickly and quietly, while performing quality results.

Description of Work
A combination of accordion-style hurricane shutters and clear lexan hurricane panels was installed on my home.

09/18/2012

Stuart D.

I dealt directly with the owner and was very happy with the entire process. He came to my home, discussed the various options (even talking me out of a higher priced system) and was very professional. I recommend Tropical Storm Shield without reservation.

Description of Work
Tropical Storm Shield installed hurricane screens to all my windows.

08/27/2011

Lou M.

Very pleased with the project. All aspects of the project, from initial contact to completion of the installation and final inspection, went very smoothly. Vern Borntreger, the Installation Manager, was very professional, knowledgeable and courteous and focused on ensuring that the project was completed without any problems. I would highly recommend Tropical Storm Shield, Inc. to anyone thinking about having storm shutters, storm panels, or storm screens installed.

Description of Work
Installed a remote controlled electric fabric roll down shutter on lanai to protect lanai and glass sliding doors. Roll down shutter completely encloses lanai area.

08/05/2009

Jean G.

The description above tells the story. This fabric is rated to Miami/Dade specifications. The understanding is that yes a window could break behind this fabric but the wind is reduced to little and water/rain intrution a trickle. There is a discount with your homeowners insurance provided you have already covered all your other bases - such as garage doors hardened, braced the gable ends, overheads hardened etc... It's all about keeping the roof on!

Description of Work
We stumbled upon Tropical Storm Shield while in an industrial park in Sarasota. We'd had a quote of over $70,000 to have some additonal hurricane windows installed but, after learning of this product and value, decided to go with Tropical Storm Shield. I view this product as insurance. You never need it until you need it. We met with Brent Paul the very first time and set up an appointment for him to give us a quote for his service. We had over five quotes by other hurricane window cover system companies and by far Tropical Storm Shield was the winner. Perhaps the value was there because they are a manufacturer. We liked their woven fabric and choices of colors as opposed to the solid white fabric cover we saw at other places. Tropical Storm shield company came out to measure and quote the job and ultimately the installation took place in July 2009. Every window opening is covered with this woven storm fabric and is secured to the sides of each opening with grommets in the fabric and a track system to the sides. We ended up with a combination of Lexan and the woven fabric. The entire house ought to take about an hour or so to install when need be. The opening fabric coverings are charted and tagged for ease of recognition. Duffle type bags are used to store the fabric when not needed. We paid in three installments and are very pleased with the end result.

Window Genie of Sarasota

We offer a streak free guarantee on window cleaning and discount programs to keep your windows and home exterior clean, protected and looking it's best all year long. Our technicians wear uniforms and name tags and will arrive in easily identifiable vehicles. Also we are licensed and insured.

All Services Cleaning

Residential and commercial cleaning and pressure washing we also provide detailing of autos and handwashing of your auto Side walks and drive ways and exterior pressure washing also available. Exterior window cleaning available as well as other services. We also offer post remodel cleaning for your home when the remodeler is finished with the job

Sabrina's Gulf Coast Window Cleaning

Sabrina's Gulf Coast Window Cleaning is a full service window cleaning & pressure washing company. Our team of experienced professionals has been offering our expert services since 1990, and have thousands of satisfied repeat customers. We are proud members of the Lady Lake Chamber of Commerce & the Manatee Chamber of Commerce. Additional DBAs - Sabrina's Window Cleaning and Pressure Washing, Sabrina's Gulf Coast Window & Pressure Cleaning. Additional contact names - Jessica Tomcheck. Additional phone numbers - (941) 922-5384, (239) 466-9255, (888) 745-4292, (813) 281-2427, (727) 502-9413.

Discover, MasterCard, Visa, Check, American Express, PayPal, Financing Available

Residential & commercial, awnings, flat, aluminum panels, screen fabric, astro guard, storm catcher, roll, accordian, bahama, colonial shutters, windows, hurricane, security film & garage doors.