PROFESSIONAL PLUMBING AND DESIGN INC

Founded 1985 • With Angi since June 2008

4450 Middle Ave.

Sarasota, FL 34234

Professional Plumbing & Design has been offering Residential and Commercial Plumbing services to Sarasota and the surrounding areas including Bradenton, Palmetto, and Venice for over 25 years. From a simple faucet repair to more complex sewer and drainage issues, Professional Plumbing & Design can

09/07/2021

Valerie K.

steve and wayne are just excellent and have a great deal of knowledge skill and experience

Description of Work
plumbing for kitchen and bathroom

12/21/2019

Bonnie G.

Excellent! A very competent and nice young man, Ben came out and checked everything with all the toilets and mixed our problem.. I would definitely use again and refer this company!

Description of Work
Had a few issues with a toilet that the water kept running

07/19/2019

Patricia J.

We've had Professional Plumbing and Design to our home for three different projects and we've received first class service every time. Yesterday JJ and Sam replaced our three toilets. They did a beautiful job, especially with the caulk, and left the bathrooms looking clean and new. A few months ago JJ was here to clear our blocked kitchen drain. He had our drain flowing in no time. He also found leaks coming from our sink disposal unit and we asked him to remove it, which he did, and he did a very nice job re-working the dual sink drain lines and dishwasher connection. Our first project was to have our hot water heater replaced along with the water main shut-off valve and two exterior hose bibs. JJ and Steven did an excellent job plumbing in the new water heater and replacing the old, leaking valves. We highly recommend Professional Plumbing and Design. Their experience and craftmanship is on display in the first class work they do. We are very confident when calling them to handle our plumbing projects.

Description of Work
Replace Hot Water Heater, replace water main shut-off, replace hose bibs, snake kitchen drain line, remove disposal, replace toilets.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, drain cleaning

12/06/2018

Marla M.

HIGH QUALITY WORK...EXCEPTIONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE....REASONABLE PRICING. We've now had two experiences with Pro Plumbing Design. The first was an emergency repair of a main water valve (argh!) and the second was maintenance required by our condo association after an annual plumbing inspection. Ben did the work both times. He was great - very knowledgable, professional and honest. We will definitely use Pro Plumbing Designs in the future, especially now that we're Pro Plan members - what a great deal!

Description of Work
emergency repair and general maintenance

03/06/2018

karin L.

JJ, the plumber was prompt,courteous, and very professional. His charges were reasonable, and stayed until his work was done, even though he did not finish until after 6:00. He was excellent, I would recommend him without hesitation.

Description of Work
We recently purchased a condo that needed plumbing work. We had to replace the faucets in both bathrooms, the shower diverter in both, and installing a new water heater. We had to reroute the waterline for the refrigerator, and redo all the water feeds under the kitchen sink.

03/02/2018

Scott M.

These guys are pros. After several years of dealing with roots plugging up the pipes under the floors, called these guys. I wish I would have used them when problems first arose. Live and learn. They jetted, and suggested relining the pipes without tearing up the floors (which other plumbers had recommended). Went with the relining option, and while not cheap, was way cheaper than tearing up the floors. After researching pipe relining, and finding good and bad experiences, came to the conclusion it is a great option - but only if the plumbers are experienced at this, and know what they are doing. These guys are. Looking forward to years of no sewer drain issues! Props to Raul, Jeff, Tony, Nick.

Description of Work
Sewer pipes under house jetted and relined

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

02/15/2018

Dennis L.

According to plan; required a full day and two separate points of access to mill both sides of house drain pipes due to underground layout. Jose was thorough and gave me updates throughout the process and explained everything that he was going to do and why. The photos show the “before” and the progress made. Unfortunately I did not take an “after” shot, but it was a huge improvement and we were happy we had the work done.

Description of Work
Hydro flushing and line milling of cast iron drain piping throughout underground area of home to remove the built up corrosion and restore free-flow of water.

07/21/2017

Keith A.

Great, ran line around planting area and under concrete sidewalk.

Description of Work
Cast iron exterior sewer line was replaced.

05/26/2017

Valerie K.

I am very satisfied. I couldn't be more satisfied. They take a camera down. They re-fixed the clean out. They searched all the pipes to see how badly they were eroded. They use the latest equipment. They have a BBB rating of A+. The most important thing is they re-lined the pipes with PVC piping. They did not have to tear up any floors. This is the newest method and it saves a lot of money. Besides doing the outside relining, they also reroute the water lines so they go above in the attic area.. They have excellent technicians with years of experience.

Description of Work
They relined my sewer pipes.

12/12/2016

Kevin M.

Mike did a great job, and I will hire this company again.

Description of Work
Mike was on time, professional, and knowledgeable.

07/13/2016

David W.

Tony was a professional, respectful, skilled and friendly plumber. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Fixed broken flange beneath toilet and reset toilet. Replaced cartridge in shower faucet.

Category plumbing

Thank you for taking the time to review Professional Plumbing and for singling out Tony's exceptional performance. We're happy to hear that you were satisfied with our performance and we look forward to seeing you the next time the need arises! Sincerely, The Team at Professional Plumbing & Design

04/01/2016

KENNETH S.

I previously had used this plumber for the same problem with excellent results. When I called I said so. This time the person sent seemed to have little knowledge of tankless water heaters. I showed him the heating element that had previously burnt out. He did not recognize where this went but rather eyeballed an electric light controller and said that the job would be (very expensive). The heater was behind a baffle so he never even saw what he came to diagnose. Despite doing nothing except misdiagnosing I was charged a service fee and told that I should ask for the same people who had done the work previously. I used another company that recognized where the heater was located, saw that the part I held was a heating element, diagnosed which element needed replacing and quickly fixed the problem.

Description of Work
Problem was with tankless hot water heater.

10/30/2015

KENNETH S.

They charged a standard rate for a house call and then an additional rate for time spent. They came promptly both times since after diagnosing the problem they had to order parts and then put them in. No charge for the second house call only for time spent and parts. Their fees were in-line with others I contacted but their ability to come fairly quickly was exceptional. The tankless heater has worked well since the repair.

Description of Work
Diagnosed heating problem with tankless water heater and fixed.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

09/27/2015

Dianne R.

I am updating a small kitchen that includes cabinet refacing, new flooring, countertops, backsplash and sink/faucet. In process of laying new flooring, water damage was found on the floor and lower wall behind oven wall that backs my washing machine in the laundry room. I called Professional Plumbing on a Monday and they had a technician at the house by Noon on Tuesday. He spent nearly 3 hrs. trying to locate the source of the leak and ultimately found that there was a clog in the drain line that was causing the drain pipe from the washing machine to back up and overflow. He snaked the line and ran 3 tubs of water through the washer to make sure that it did not overflow again. The second call out was to install a new faucet and re-connect my garbage disposal and dishwasher after new countertops were installed. I called the answering service on Saturday morning, told them it wasn't an emergency but that I wanted to talk with someone on Monday. I got a call by 8:30am on Monday and the technician was here early in the afternoon that same day. When he completed the job, he noticed that there was a leak in the main water line from the kitchen, removed a very old and damaged pipe and installed a new one. In both instances, the Professional Plumbing techs were on time, worked hard to resolve my issues and thoroughly cleaned up before they left. I had used them a couple of years ago and, when I saw them on Angie's List and read some of the reviews, it just reinforced my confidence in them and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them for any kind of plumbing issue.

Description of Work
Two separate calls: 1) Resolve leak between laundry room and kitchen; and 2) install new faucet, re-connect garbage disposal and re-connect dishwasher.

09/11/2015

Alan G.

Went great, I was treated with respect the price was reasonable and service was quick. Good company honest guys.

Description of Work
Sniffed out a leak in our home. Great work.

07/13/2015

Bettina B.

They did a very professional job, making sure that there was sufficient drop for a decent flow, avoiding damaging my plantings and trees, and even found the county's sewer line when the county had no idea where my connection was located.

Description of Work
They connected my kitchen sink to the county sewer system by digging a 50 or so foot trench and laying the pipe. The sink had been on a septic tank.

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning

04/30/2015

Jacalyn A.

They raised their price from $250 to $459, and repiped our house incorrectly. I was not happy

Description of Work
They put a sink in and repiped our house.

12/31/2014

Paul F.

They come out every time I call them. I am satisfied with their service.

Description of Work
I used the services of Professional Plumbing & Design. We have a standard maintenance agreement with them. The service includes a complete inspection every plumbing item inside and outside the house, they do a complete check of everything. They also do water heaters, toilets, piping and the whole works.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, water softeners, water delivery, wells, drain cleaning

12/11/2014

John T.

Excellent from phone contact to completion. Wayne has 31 yrs with the company. He was knowledgable, informative and personable. Arrived as advised, completed work in a timely manner, left the site as clean as when he arrived. Price was a little higher than I had expected for labor only (I supplied the parts), but after work was completed, it was fair, and the garbage disposal was unplanned. Company seems well managed, with a website, loyalty program with discounts and perks, annual inspection offering, etc. We will definitely use them again when needed, and would highly recommend them. This is a new winter home, and we are not familiar with the area, so we really appreciate our AL membership, and have used it often with good results.

Description of Work
Replaced kitchen and lavatory faucets and installed garbage disposal.

Category plumbing, home remodeling

10/20/2014

Blake D.

Very prompt and professional. They have the necessary technology to get tough jobs fixed. Their plumber, Mike, even stayed until 7.30pm on a Friday night to get my kitchen sink in operational order so that my tenants could use it over the weekend.

Description of Work
After my first plumber didn't have the (expensive) technology to properly clean out and diagnose my clogged drain lines, I called Professional Plumbing for help. They came the very next day to get my kitchen sink and bathtub lines cleared; they then came back the next week to clean my bathroom sink drain and replace the old cast iron T with PVC.

09/05/2014

carolyn F.

Jim arrived on time. He was polite,professional, and a very hard worker. He explained everything to us and showed us where the problem was, then give us the options we had to resolve the problem. Great guy, great company, I will used them again.

Description of Work
Snaked out line to kitchen sink, found cast iron pipe had closed up. Replace pipe and installed 2 clean outs.

06/11/2014

Alba M.

Mike was very professional and personable. He came when he said he would and did a thorough job. In the past we had used Aqua and were very disappointed by the price and the lack of resolution of the problem.

Description of Work
The plumber, Mike, came on a Sunday as this was an emergency. There had been gurgling noises in the guest toilet while the guest shower was being used. Additionally, the bath tub backed up. When Mike came, he checked and cabled the mainline through the roof vent and used a camera video to ascertain the problem. He ran the washing machine on Super twice to make sure the problem was corrected and he adjusted the flapper in the tank. Mike cleaned up afterwards. And used booties when he entered the house!

Category plumbing, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

06/09/2014

James M.

They were excellent. They came out on-time and it turned out that we didn't need a replacement of the disposal. It was just clogged, so they unclogged it and didn't charge us for replacement. They could have charged us to replace the disposal and we would not have known any difference, but he was able to repair it and save us the money.

Description of Work
Used them for a garbage disposal problem.

Category drain cleaning

06/04/2014

Donald T.

Overall, I was very pleased.

Description of Work
Replaced outside faucets.

05/17/2014

Eileen R.

Service was great!! Arrived on time on a weekend call to repair a tankless hot water heater. We had just moved into the house and had no hot water. Jim the service person troubleshot the problem and fixed the problem promptly.

Description of Work
Repair a tankless hot water heater.

Category water heater repair

A#1 Seamless Gutter Solutions

Veteran Owned & Operated. Serving the State of Florida. No Sub-Contractors Used. We care enough to answer our phones! Give us a CALL, We offer... 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED! We stand behind our company and the products we use. If you're not completely satisfied; we will come back as many times as necessary until you're happy and you remain happy at no extra charge to you.

2022 Super Service Award

Offers by A#1 Seamless Gutter Solutions on Angi
    Water Treatment and Filtration LLC

Water Treatment & Filtration LLC is your personal water quality expert committed to improving the water quality for you and your family! Customized water treatment & filtration systems for you and your family. Trust that no matter your needs or filtration goals, Water Treatment and Filtration will discover a solution for you. We ensure the highest integrity and credibility of products and services.

GLASS WATER SYSTEMS

We are a full service water treatment company that handles any water problems. We are a commercial, industrial, and residential service company. We have over 45 years of combined experience and the owner has been working in this business since 1995. Our company was founded in 2004. We currently have several thousand customers in almost every state and some foreign countries. We believe in good service and affordable water treatment. We accept appointments for Saturdays and do not work on Sundays

CFC057045
    Florida

In addition to all the installation and repair services you would expect from most plumbing companies, Professional Plumbing & Design offers Drain Cleaning & High Pressure Jetting, Sewer Location & Color Video Inspections, Drain Pipe Lining, Repiping of Water & Drain Lines, Propane & Natural Gas work, Water Filters, Water Heaters, Garbage Disposals, and 24 Hour Emergency Service.