D & W Heating & Air Conditioning

Founded 2000 • With Angi since July 2010

New clients receive a FREE service call with paid repairs! D&W Air Conditioning is a family owned and operated business with a main office located in Sarasota, Florida and a sub-office located in Palm Harbor, Florida. We have been in business since 2000 and currently operate with 13 employees. All

HVAC Companies (261)air duct cleaning (31)

11/05/2020

Randy P.

Options explored in detail & selection of unit was made by me. The proposal was sent out after an onsite inspection. Vendor identified that additional ductwork was not needed which another bidder was anxious to replace at a much higher cost. Terms and conditions were agreed upon in writing. Installation was performed the following week and an onsite inspection was made by a reliable source, since I could not do so myself from my home in Illinois. The service met and exceeded my expectations.

Description of Work
replace existing a/c unit

Work Completed On 10/07/2020

That you very much for your kind review!

06/27/2020

Jeff K.

Professional, Courteous, Friendly, Knowledgeable, and Honest! First time customer and we highly recommend D&W for all of your AC/Heating needs!

Description of Work
Annual maintenance.

Category

Cost $59.99

Work Completed On 06/27/2020

06/03/2020

Pura J.

Brad was excellent at every level, very professional and informative. During the visit my wife had an emergency, Brad went above and beyond to help my wife until medical assistance was provided. God bless you Brad, you are a truly wonderful person. D & W is lucky to have you.

Description of Work
AC Yesrly Maintenance

Work Completed On 06/02/2020

05/15/2020

allen K.

The technician through D&W was Randy, extremely knowledgeable, professional ...top-notch! I will be calling them again when a AC/heating project comes up. Randy thank you for your time!

Description of Work
Air Conditioning Work`

Category

Work Completed On 05/15/2020

04/13/2020

John B.

Randy and his team were open, honest, and forthcoming. It's a family business and they treated my wife and I like family. He explained everything in detail and wasn't all about the sale - no high pressure typical sales games. He asked several questions and made sure we were completely comfortable with our options. The day of installation, his employees showed up on time and finished on time - all the while, answering my questions. I DEFINITELY RECOMMEND D&W!!

Description of Work
Had A/C unit completely replaced

Work Completed On 03/20/2020

04/01/2020

Don S.

Randy from D&W came out promptly, correctly diagnosed the problem and explained my options. It turned out the D&W estimate was higher than another so I didn't use D&W for the repair but I feel the trip charge was money well-spent. Randy is very congenial.

Description of Work
Air-handler fan quit working

Work Completed On 04/01/2020

07/14/2019

Margaret A.

They responded within a reasonable time made a temporary repair and, after determining the warranty status of our unit, ordered a replacement part. A day or two later the owner followed up with the replacement part and we were back in business. We were very pleased with their service and the straightforward way they conduct their business. They will now be our A/C company.

Description of Work
We recently encountered an A/C problem on one of our two air conditioners and, having decided to discontinue our relationship with a former A/C company, called D & W Heating and Air Conditioning.

Work Completed On 07/14/2019

06/04/2019

John P.

I checked a few vendors and received much higher quotes. When Randy came out it was clear he knew what he was doing. He was a pleasure to work with and he set the job for just a few days later (our old system was still working so no emergency). The guys were right on time and did the install and removal in under 7 hours. They were courteous and efficient. Great Job. I would use them again, as a matter of fact I'm asking them to give me a quote on a backup generator. John

Description of Work
New AC installation.

Work Completed On 06/04/2019

03/29/2019

Richard M.

Randy provided a comprehensive proposal and pointed out important features of the installation, including the widening of the ducts for sufficient airflow. When the furnace had no filter due to space considerations, Randy provided and installed filters on my air returns.

Description of Work
A/C, Furnace Replacement

Work Completed On 03/14/2019

Thank you for leaving a review about your experience.

02/10/2019

Karen M.

We called D & W to quote us on a new a/c system and duct work. The “technician” came out on a Saturday, admitted he was just a mechanic, verbally told us $7500 for duct work and would only show us systems that were too big for our space, about a $7000 system on top of duct work. The mechanic said he would email us quotes and we never received anything. Bad business.

Description of Work
We called D & W to quote us on a new a/c system and duct work.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Our office tried contacting you about your issues with us. We looked into this and found that we sent the quote to you. We did try and follow up with you but never got an answer. The two system options you were quoted were $5057.00 and $5618.00. The duct quote is just a guess verbally because this has to be inspected by a duct mechanic for accurate pricing. I am sorry you found our business unsatisfactory but we have tried following up with you and if we can't make contact, we have no idea your feelings. We always recommend speaking directly with a supervisor if you have issues with a company.

01/25/2019

Lynn R.

With a busy work like, very impressed that D&W want to make sure you get your maintenance appointments and continue to reach out until you are able to coordinate. Brad, the technician is extremely knowledgeable and has customers best interest at heart. Would highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Annual maintenance

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 01/24/2019

Glad to see you had a great experience with us. If you ever need anything in the future please feel free to reach out. Thanks again

01/03/2019

Anatoly O.

After agreeing on the quote and time for installation everything went without a hitch - they appeared on time, did very good installation, removed old equipment, cleaned after themselves and took considerable time to make sure there were no leaks and that new A/C worked properly in cooling and heating modes. Very through work with attention to details. In addition they ordered county inspection and registered new A/C with Trane, so I don't have to worry about these duties. They really walk the talk and I'd recommend them to everybody.

Description of Work
Replacement of old A/C system with new 3.5 ton Trane A/C

Work Completed On 12/27/2018

10/12/2018

craig S.

great job, fair priced, competent & experienced .

Description of Work
a/c ducts replaced

Work Completed On 11/15/2017

08/15/2018

MR CARL J S.

I HAVE BEEN INVOLVED WITH THE RENTAL AND CONSTRUCTION TRADE FOR OVER 40 YEARS. DURING THIS TIME I'VE WORKED WITH A LOT TRADES AND WORK CREWS. I HAVE TO SAY THIS CREW FROM D&W AIR ARE ONE OF THE BEST CREW I HAVE EVER USED. THEY WHERE ON TIME, POLITE, CLEAN, AND HARD WORKING. ANSWERED ANY QUESTIONS AND DID ANYTHING WE ASKED. THEY REMOVED THE OLD AND INSTALLED THE NEW UNITS OVER A TWO DAY PERIOD. LEFT THE JOB SITE CLEAN EACH NIGHT AND DID EXCELLENT WORK. NO YELLING OR LOUD MUSIC, ALWAYS VERY POLITE. IF YOU WANT A GOOD PRODUCT AT A GOOD PRICE INSTALLED BY THE BEST CREW I WOULD USE D&W HEATING AND AIR ! CARL SCHREINER

Description of Work
I HAD TWO REPLACED AC SYSTEM. INSTALLED A 2 TON AND A 3TON UNITS.

Work Completed On 08/15/2018

08/08/2018

Alan S.

The job went extremely well. The staff is highly knowledgeable and professional. Everyone is very courteous. I have confidence in this company that any job that they do for me will be of the highest quality.

Description of Work
Air duct cleaning

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

Work Completed On 08/01/2018

07/21/2018

Thomas M.

Tech was punctual, polite, and professional. He took the time to explain everything that he would be doing and then went to work. We were very satisfied with his work and signed up for their annual maintenance plan. We also took advantage of the coupon on Angie's List for the initial system check.

Description of Work
AC system maintenance check

Work Completed On 07/18/2018

07/19/2018

Jamie R.

I had called in 2017 for maintenance and to check the air flow. Brad did a cleaning and gave us detailed information on what was going on and his honest opinion on how long our a/c would last. He replaced a part on the compressor and told us to give them a call anytime if we had any problems. I decided to call them back this year again for a yearly check-up. Brad came again, friendly as can be, and looked at the air handler and recommended a replacement part but when he went outside he noticed the compressor was running extremely hot. After checking it out for awhile, he determined it would be best to replace the whole a/c. We approved to have it replaced two days later. The two techs who came out were very kind and cleaned up every bit of mess they made. They arrived promptly at 9 and were done by 1:30. This company is hands down the best to do business with. They don't give you the runaround and are all very honest and will not steal your money. If you need anything a/c related, call them. They get the job done and have great prices and warranties! They will always have my business!

Description of Work
Maintenance, Replacement

Work Completed On 07/19/2018

Review for D & W Heating & Air Conditioning - 2251 Sarasota Center Blvd, Sarasota, FL - 37252734

06/13/2018

HAROLD V.

The technician arrived on time and was very pleasant. He found the unit needed Freon and the problem was solved. He asked if I wanted dye added to find the leak. After a discussion he decided that I should not spend the $150 for the dye as the unit is out of warranty and if there is a leak it is probably time to replace the unit. The company I had the previous day said the coils were clogged with mold, thus blocking the airflow and I should replace the unit. D & W is very honest.

Description of Work
HVAC unit could not keep house cool during the day

Work Completed On 06/13/2018

06/06/2018

Lori C.

The tech came out and looked thru the system. He then told me that the coil was "mucked up"and that the only solution was a new coil 3K or a new A/C 7.5K. When could they start the work? I called around and had someone come put and clean the coil for $350 and now the a/c is working perfectly.

Description of Work
Service call for an air conditioner that kept freezing up/

Work Completed On 04/01/2018

Sorry for your bad experience with our company. The work order for this service call/diagnostic stated that Filter was clean, duct work was sized properly, and customer advised tech that coil had been cleaned already. We came to conclusion that a restriction existed in the refrigerant circuit as paperwork stated and gave customer approximate costs related to changing a coil or replacing system if that was needed. As far as when can we start the work we currently have a 2.5 week lead time on changing equipment and I do not believe in my opinion that was said as it would be impossible to be that quick. I am glad you you were able to get your unit fixed.

06/01/2018

Stacie S.

I was thoroughly impressed with D&W. First, the service tech Andre came to clean our 16-year-old AC. He was punctual and professional. He also talked to us about purchasing a new AC unit. We decided to take him up on the offer. D&W was a few hundred dollars more expensive than the other estimates we got, but my instinct told me to go with D&W. And I was completely right! We bought a new Trane unit from D&W. The installation techs arrived at 8:30AM and were done by 1:30PM and did an excellent job with the installation. They also took the time to make sure I knew how to work the new thermostat and answered all my questions. Even the county inspector complimented their work. I'm very glad I went with D&W and I highly recommend them for being friendly, professional, thorough, punctual and an overall good company.

Description of Work
New AC installed

Work Completed On 05/29/2018

03/04/2018

charles M.

One of the best in the business . In a profession where honesty , reliability and quality is sometimes lacking , they stand head and shoulders above the rest .

Description of Work
spring tune up

Work Completed On 03/04/2018

01/25/2018

April G.

He was a really good guy and he was honest. He did a great job and we would definitely use him again.

Description of Work
He checked our AC and cleaned the coils.

Work Completed On 07/15/2017

11/01/2017

Cheryl M.

The owner reviewed the job with us and followed up our meeting with a call to see if we had any more questions. We had 4 estimates done and We found D & W the best deal for the unit we were interested in. The team that installed the unit were Friendly , prompt and efficient. They answered all our questions , and reviewed the systems function and warrantees.

Description of Work
Replaced our Air Conditioning unit.