Chimney Cricket & Masonry

Founded 1990 • With Angi since October 2009

4.4

1882 Porter Lake Dr Ste 105

Sarasota, FL 34240

Chimney Cricket, Inc was founded in 1990 and has been growing strong ever since. We have expanded not only our geographical reach, but also our range of products and services. What began as just a few chimney sweeps working out of one location has now become a multi-state operation with a wide

02/11/2021

Andrew G.

Awful, I gave them plenty of chances to do the repair, every time I get a new quote to pay new bill to fix an old repair, communication is horrible, I have been waiting to hear back on a repair from last year that was paid for and i received a new quote to re do. Will take them to small claim court. Indeed

Description of Work
Cheminy repair

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair

01/14/2019

Randall A.

Prompt; excellent communications; estimate = final price, no upcharges or bait/switch.

Description of Work
Chimney inspection and cleaning

Category chimney sweep

12/28/2018

Robert L.

This company was great! Owner Jon and his helper were thorough and conscientious as they removed and cleaned all the glass walls, removed debris from the fire bed, checked the pilot and starter and replaced the embers. They also did a quick check on our converted wood burning fireplace at no extra charge. It was a pleasant experience all around. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Clean & check Heat n Glow (pre-fab) fireplace

Category fireplaces

12/25/2018

Cheryl F.

They were awful. I thought that the owner was coming but it was 2 men, one young and one who seemed very out of it. The young one didn’t know much and kept deferring to the other one who didn’t even speak. Even though I explained everything to the receptionist the guys said that they couldn’t do what was needed. They were very unprofessional and I will never use them again or recommend them. I don’t know why my review wasn’t published in January when I originally wrote it.

Description of Work
Chimney clean

12/21/2018

David H.

prompt response. company representative seemed to be knowledgable. my complaint is that the cost for maybe 10 minutes of inspection work was WAY out of line.

Description of Work
simple fireplace inspection for safety

Category home inspection, fireplaces

12/08/2018

Kay B.

They were very responsive to the request for service. They were on time, professional, and didn’t a great job at a reasonable price. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Dryer vent cleaned out

Category chimney repair, dryer vent cleaning

11/26/2018

Linda W.

They were very prompt and called ahead to let me know they were on their way. Work was done and they were gone. I would definitely hire again and have already referred them to neighbors.

Description of Work
Chimney and dryer vents cleaned

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair, dryer vent cleaning

11/05/2018

Robert S.

After the initial assessment and 50% down payment, I was unable to get a technician to come to my house to start the job. After several rescheduled attempts over the course of more than a month, I finally requested a refund. They did refund my money promptly. The staff was courteous and professional. I think it was simply either poor dispatching or they were overwhelmed with other work.

Description of Work
Attempted chimney capping

Category chimney caps

09/25/2018

Lawrence K.

Excellent work, prompt on providing services and talented staff members.

Description of Work
Outside Stucco repair

Category stucco

03/28/2018

Robert K.

Excellent work, very professional. Took pictures to explain the work needed to be done, as well as the completed project. First day did inspection and estimate for repair work as well as cleaning the chimney and dryer vent. Took 3 additional days to complete the repair work. Everything spelled out beforehand. Would absolutely hire again.

Description of Work
Chimney cleaning and repair and dryer vent cleaning.

Category chimney sweep, chimney caps, chimney repair, stucco, dryer vent cleaning

02/01/2018

Douglas W.

They not only cleaned out the vent but investigated the cause and found that the vent on the roof had a screen that was causing poor air flow. They fixed over a year ago and I haven't had the problem since. They even called me back today, one year later to make sure everything was still good. Highly recommend them for this job!

Description of Work
I had them come out a clean out my dryer vent that was vented through the roof.

Category dryer vent cleaning

12/08/2017

John A.

I was extremely pleased with the quality of my experience. The professionalism began with a phone call, and follow up calls to inform me of when they could schedule my job. The workmen were efficient and clean and a joy to work with. I would recommend this company for this type of repair enthusiastically.

Description of Work
Repair of damaged exterior block wall

Category chimney repair, stucco

Thank you so much for your GREAT review! Hopefully we will be able too assist you in your yearly dryer vent clean! :)

11/28/2017

Monika F.

I was very impressed with the whole process

Description of Work
We needed to have our chimney inspected and cleaned.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair, fireplaces

We are so thankful for your A experience and Review. Hope too hear from you for your yearly Dryer Vent Cleaning.

11/22/2017

molly L.

After a little encouragement to get the job done after the initial assessment, the company performed admirably. Trustworthy, pleasant, and talented people performed the task.

Description of Work
Repair chimney due to hurricane damage.

Category chimney repair

Thank You so much for your great review we really appreciate. Hope too hear from you for your Yearly Dryer Vent Clean.

11/07/2017

Gary N.

Tried several times to get estimate--3 reschedules. Also 1 reschedule on performing the job. Three guys put sealer on the cracks on my chimney (30 min job) and so far it has fixed the problem. Overall happy with outcome.

Description of Work
Chimney cracks sealed due to leak into house

Category chimney repair

Thank you so much for the review! Glad we could assist you. Will work on the rescheduling issue.

10/10/2017

George A.

Sorry we don't come that far Inbox x Sharon Cerrito 12:04 PM (9 minutes ago) to me Thank you, Sharon Cerrito Chimney Cricket Inc. 4463 Ashton Road, Unit B Sarasota, FL 34233 941-926-2229 Direct 941-926-3662 Office 941-926-3671 Fax

Description of Work
Request to replace chimney cap and estimate cost of repairing or replacing existing fireplace in Cape Coral.

Category chimney repair

This person is mad at us because we don't travel that far away? We travel almost two hours in each direction of our headquarters. How can someone give us an "F" for not going farther than that? That does no seem fair.

09/12/2017

Stephen H.

Dennis and his crew did an excellent job, but I feel he overcharged me a bit for the chimney cap installation. The cost of installing a chimney cap in the Tampa Bay area runs from $175.00 to $250.00. Dennis charged me $250.00 to install a $40.00 chimney cap. When I asked Dennis why the installation cost was at the top of the price range, he said: There are fees associated with running the operation: shipping, consumables, labor, transportation, fuel, payroll, and the list goes on. My price is right in line with the chimney sweeps in the area. His crew certainly knew what they were doing, and I would probably use his services again. My only objection is that the cost of installing the chimney cap was at the top of the high range for that job. Dennis could have chosen to install a more expensive chimney cap for what he charged me.

Description of Work
Fireplace cleaning and repair. Chimney cleaning and repair. Installation of chimney cap.

Category chimney sweep, masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

07/30/2017

Jane S.

Fine, he was very nice and on time.

Description of Work
Cap for the chimney.

Category chimney caps

Thank you so much for the review! Hope too help you with your dryer vent cleaning every year :)

07/10/2017

Michael F.

Did great job. Took about an hour. Tech went over everything afterward.

Description of Work
Cleaned dryer vent.

Category dryer vent cleaning

Thank you so much for the review! Hope too assist you with your dryer vent cleaning which should happen once a year :)

04/25/2017

Fatima B.

The inspector came, and charged one hundred and forty dollars for the inspection. He said everything was ok, I could use it. In November we were moving and tried to use the chimney. The chimney wasn't safe to use. We called back. The guy who came didn't work there anymore. They charged me one thousand to fix it. I asked why did the inspector, the guy said it was ready to use, and now you charge me a thousand dollars. That lost points with them. I will never call them again. Fortunately, they were on time.

Description of Work
To examine my chimney.

Category home inspection

We apologize sincerely for your disappointment with our company. We do appreciate your feed back and will do our best too fix the issue.

04/10/2017

John R.

Job was done on time. No mess in the family room. Removed old firebox, interior of chimney, and a portion of the front brickwork on the fireplace. Put in new firebox and chimney.

Description of Work
Replace firebox in fireplace. Previous firebox has rusted through.

Category masonry, chimney caps, chimney repair, fireplaces

04/10/2017

John R.

ON TIME, CLEAN, NO MESS. TOOK TWO DAYS

Description of Work
REPLACE FIREBOX AND CHIMNEY. HAD RUSTED THROUGH.

01/09/2017

John W.

Based on Chimney Cricket's recommendation I had it repaired instead of replaced. Bad decision on my part. The repair itself appears to be functionally ok, but it is obviously repaired. The work does not blend in to existing stucco even after painting.

Description of Work
I had some sagging stucco on two sides of my house.

Category stucco

01/09/2017

Kenneth M.

The service person did not have a camera and didn't examine the inside of the chimney with one after cleaning. A written report was never made. Also, the company never responds to phone calls in a prompt manner, but have to be called several times. I have never had a call back from these people. They charge for services never rendered, and left my chimney in an unusable condition.

Description of Work
Contracted for the highest level of chimney inspection, which included a camera inspection of the chimney interior and detailed written report of its condition.

Category chimney sweep, chimney repair

I'm sorry too hear this . I did leave a message with you today too get this problem solved. Thank you for your review.

12/23/2016

Steven N.

A braggadocio's young woman showed up and announced that she was going to inspect and clean the chimney. I asked her how she was going to do it and she Said that she intended to clean it from the top down. I thought that was a little odd because the chimney cap is about 3 x 4' in dimension is made out of galvanized metal and is extremely heavy. Also, the spark arrester is riveted to the top of the galvanized flue. Anyway, she completed the job said everything was perfect and I gave her the check. She said that we should have no further problems with setting. Well we did have continued problems with setting and I brought the gas company over that installed the new burner and gas log set. He diagnosed that there was no updraft it all through the chimney. One thing led to another and going up in the attic it was discovered that the flu was in two separate pieces in other words not connected. So all this time we had been pumping smoking so it into our attic through this disconnected flu pipe and she somehow did not discover it when she did the cleaning. It would be physically impossible for her to clean the chimney from the top. The spark arrestor is riveted in place. This company subjected to my family to fire danger and health hazards and I am extremely angry. My advice would be don't touch these people with a 10 foot pole. They absolutely have no clue what they are doing. Oh, and by the way when I tried them tried to get them back to have a look at the problem again they gave me some date in the distant future and said that they were too busy over Christmas to take care of it right away. Duh, that's when we want to use the fireplace.. Now it's all fixed up now safe and sound no more soot and we're back to normal just don't touch these people with a 10 foot pole.

Description of Work
We purchased this luxurious two-story 15-year-old home with LPG pre-fabricated gas log fireplace in May 2015. The prior owner meticulously maintained the property and said she had no problem with the fireplace. Also, the home inspector hired by our mortgage company found no issues with the fireplace. Because of significant setting of the front of the fireplace, we hired Chimney Cricket to inspect and clean the chimney.

Clearwater power washing

CLEARWATER POWERWASHING Looking to give your house, fences, garages, etc a fresh look? Exterior powerwashing now located in Sarasota, Florida. Call or Text us today 717-314-2655

Award 2022
    All Services Cleaning

Residential and commercial cleaning and pressure washing we also provide detailing of autos and handwashing of your auto Side walks and drive ways and exterior pressure washing also available. Exterior window cleaning available as well as other services. We also offer post remodel cleaning for your home when the remodeler is finished with the job

Clean Roof: Cleaning and Sealing Services

Clean Roof SoftWash, coating and sealing is your solution for a broad range of outdoor cleaning services for your home. Our trained, fully insured, professional service technicians ensure to get there on time to restore your house back to its original beauty .Do not waste time on a service that’s undependable and not reputable, and don’t let just anybody on your property. When you require professional outdoor cleaning services you can trust and depend on us to do the job right. Don’t void your roofs warranty by having the pressure cleaners on your roof! You can rely on Clean Roof SoftWash. Restore your roofs original appeal by letting us seal and waterproof your roof, driveway or pavers. Call now for a free estimate. All of our customers are provided with before and after pictures of process.

Award 2022
    Offers by Clean Roof: Cleaning and Sealing Services on Angi
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing

Free estimates - Licensed & insured - Masonry, dryer vent cleaning, chimneys, & fireplaces! Brick & stone repairs, dryer vent cleaning, porches, paver sealing, tuckpointing, gas & true masonry fireplaces, pavers, chimney sweeps, chimney repair, new fireplaces, and much more!

Just ask