Chappie's Carpet & Floors Inc

Founded 1957 • With Angi since May 2010

Flooring sales and installations...

flooring (32)carpet installation (29)hardwood floors (2)tile installation (2)

08/26/2021

Ted R.

Excellently, sales personelle were knowledgeable and easy to work with. Wendy spent several hours working with us as we decided what carpet we wanted. She arranged for color samples to be sent to our house so that we could actually lay pieces of carpet o the floor. The technitians whe actually laid the carpet did a professional job. In the future, and we do have other rooms, Chappies will get our business.

Description of Work
Purchase and install carpet in master bedroom

Work Completed On 08/23/2021

01/20/2021

Suzanne G.

I am truly pleased with the results of the work performed by Mark of Chappies. It looks so good that I will be able to hold off buying new carpet for another 6 to 9 months. But, when I am in the market, my first visit will be to Chappies

Description of Work
Because my wall to wall carpeting was beginning to have several humps in it, and I was not in a position to replace it at the time, I made arrangements with Chappies Carpet to have it stretched.

Work Completed On 01/15/2021

07/27/2019

Mary Ann G.

Excellent, good price, completed quickly

Description of Work
Rug stretched

Work Completed On 07/10/2019

06/14/2019

DAVE W.

They did a good job on both projects.

Description of Work
They did a carpeting and tile floor installation.

Work Completed On 01/14/2019

10/17/2018

Selena F.

Very pleased with work. I actually only expected to get a quote on the day, but he did the job immediately, and recommended a few people for good quality cleaning We were impressed with the service.

Description of Work
We had the carpet stretched in our master bedroom and closets

Work Completed On 09/20/2018

02/08/2018

Brian M.

Excellent experience. Prompt, professional, easy to work with. Good installation crew. One minor issue quickly addressed with no problem or additional charge. Not the cheapest nor the most expensive but overall fair pricing.

Description of Work
Hardwood flooring installed in master bedroom and master bedroom walk-in closet.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Work Completed On 01/26/2018

04/12/2017

Darlene C.

Excellent job...very professional !

Description of Work
Carpet streching

Work Completed On 04/12/2017

04/02/2017

James L.

Checked the big box stores and while looking on Angies list found Chappie's carpeting.They beat the big guys hands down. We were treated great at the store,the measuring went fine and the install job was beyond what we expected.I usually do not write reviews but this company really does go the extra mile to help it's customers.The best thing of all that it is a small business that has been around for a long time and they know the meaning of the word service.

Description of Work
Carpet install compete downstairs and stairs

Work Completed On 03/27/2017

09/04/2016

Kevin K.

Excellent! This is a family owned business with excellent prices, great deals, and outstanding customer service. They were very helpful in showing me the available remnants and helping me find the best value and comfort to suit our needs. We found a beautiful off-white high end carpet remnant and had it cut and bound perfectly to fit the size of the kids playroom for a very affordable price. The carpet was delivered in 1 week and the installation was outstanding! All the staff members were very kind and attentive to our needs. We will definitely be coming back!

Description of Work
We purchased a remnant that they bound, delivered, and installed for us in our children's play room.

Work Completed On 07/26/2016

08/15/2016

Brad N.

Excellent. Very happy with in-store consulting, on-site measurements and very timely and professional installation

Description of Work
Installed new carpeting on stairs, hallway and master bedroom

Work Completed On 08/02/2016

08/08/2016

David W.

From the first day to the last, it went extremely well. Chappie's provides excellent service. Wendy in Chappie's retail store showed me all available choices for flooring, additional tiling and baseboards. I found excellent product in my price range with her help. She also provided excellent guidance and advice on the selection of materials to go harmoniously together with my pre-selected wall paint as well as with each other. The overall appearance of the refurbished spaces looks very beautiful and exceeded my expectations about what could be achieved. Mark from Chappie's handled my entire project. He was always available to answer any questions on very short notice. His advice with always well informed, relevant and usually followed. He managed each step of the work seeing that it was done to expertly and to beautiful effect. Chappie's has high standards. I was not in Sarasota during the installation work, but my trust in Mark was fully vindicated when I saw the final result. When necessary, he took care of aspects of the work not covered by the contract (some plumbing issues for example) to insure that the final product was the best possible. All work was done in a timely manner. Most of Chappie's reviews on here are for carpet installation. I went a different route with Chappie's and so particularly wanted to add a review for laminate flooring and tile work by Chappies. They do wonderful work, are a real pleasure to deal with and were responsible and reliable in every step of this substantial work order. I would go back to Chappies in a heart beat for any kind of flooring/tiling work and highly recommend them for anyone considering the type of work I have described here.

Description of Work
I had all the flooring (wall-to-wall carpet plus ceramic tile) removed from a 2,000 square foot condo and replaced with wood laminate flooring, and porcelain tile. Tiling included the full interior of a walk-in shower and vertical surfaces and and short staircase in a large bathroom as well as tiling for floors. All baseboards were replaced as well.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

Work Completed On 08/02/2016

05/19/2016

Jane B.

A crew of three men assessed that dad is in his 90's and 87 year old mom is handicapped and made sure to get the hall done ASAP for her to access the bathroom faster. Furniture was carefully moved, the old carpet & pad was removed from the starting rooms. They assessed the condition of the floor boards as they progressed and pointed out problems as they found them (floor boards by the front door of the 1930 year old house were aged and worn, etc.) and installed double strips where needed. The main (head?) installer (sorry I forgot his name because he was GREAT.) spent much time making sure that the carpet was secured to the edges of the floor and that the seams were secured. It looked great when completed and they returned all the furniture to the proper place. I also applaud that the team arrived in a torrential downpour that was prefaced by power outages. They admitted that they considered rescheduling but wanted to assist my elderly parents in getting this done as fast as possible since I was leaving to go back home out of state. The old carpet was bagged and buckled and mom was having trouble getting around in her motor cart. We are amazed Chappie's was able to get the whole project completed just days after we went to the store to see some carpet - WOW! I am impressed with the office staff that hustled to get this all in place for my parents (did I mention that the carpet was selected on a Thursday and installed the next Monday) and the men who completed a thorough job installing in spite of a heavy and constant rainstorm. Thank's Chappie's, to each and everyone of you that pulled out the stops to do a great job. The carpet looks great.

Description of Work
Moved furniture, removed old carpet & pad, installed new pad and carpet and replaced furniture.

Work Completed On 05/02/2016

05/05/2015

Diane G.

It went excellent. They did a great job, they were always right on time, very cooperative. I would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
They put in carpeting in three rooms - master bedroom, den, and guest bedroom.

Work Completed On 02/05/2015

11/18/2014

Cristina D.

We were very happy with them. We'd originally looked at other places, and they offered the best value and were close to us. We haven't had the installation yet, so we'll update this if there's anything to add, but so far so good.

Description of Work
We ordered carpet from them.

Work Completed On 11/18/2014

11/03/2014

LYNNE N.

Chappie's does not do what I need to have done. See above for details. She was very helpful to give me advice and put me in touch with people who could help me.

Description of Work
I needed a carpet stretched and cleaned. The lady I spoke with at Chappie's was extremely nice and knowledgeable and gave me a referral to someone who they recommended for cleaning, and he referred me to someone else who does the stretching. She was so helpful that I am sure I will use Chappie's when I am ready to replace my carpet. Chappie's does not do cleaning or stretching, but does stand behind the carpet they sell.

Work Completed On 11/02/2014

09/16/2014

ROBIN H.

We will be using them to provide and install carpet. VERY nice and knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Took a lot of time to discuss our needs. Arranged for the proper samples to be sent.

Work Completed On 08/14/2014

08/15/2014

Wayne E.

Great job! On schedule for both estimate and installation. Professional, easy to work with. Excellent price and quality carpeting. Thank you!

Description of Work
Install new living room and dining room carpet. Remove old carpeting.

Work Completed On 08/12/2014

07/14/2014

Gary W.

The team of Mike and Joe arrived on schedule and promptly got to work. They checked all of the existing tack strips and replaced those that needed replacing. They also installed additional nails into the existing tack strips to ensure they were secure. Some of the house had previously been carpeted, but not all areas. They then installed carpet edging inside of the closets where the carpet was to be terminated and new strips in those areas that didn't have any. They then swept the floor to ensure nothing would be under the padding and then commenced to install the padding. Once the padding was installed, they installed the carpet. The installation went very smooth and looks wonderful. I was really impressed by Mike and Joe. While doing the installation, they rarely spoke to each other, it was as if they both knew what the other was thinking and when one needed something (tool, etc.) or something trimmed, the other had it ready to go. They were very meticulous and I would recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Installed padding and carpeting through the entire house.

Work Completed On 07/11/2014

07/02/2014

Jamie S.

I felt they were great. They had good prices and we liked the carpet and they did a great job of laying it. They're very good at working with people. I talked to several people in there and they were all very good. I told the lady what I wanted and she recommended one that they had one sale and it actually was a better price than some I've been thought another company. They corrected the problems in the closet floors and I just thought overall, they were the best priced for what I was looking for.

Description of Work
I've used Chappie's Carpet & Floors Inc.

Work Completed On 11/15/2013

06/23/2014

Barry B.

Great. Very professional estimator/installer. Done well and on time.

Description of Work
Remove old wall-to-wall carpet and install new.

Work Completed On 12/10/2013

11/06/2013

Fred K.

There was only flaw when they installed it I called them to fix it and they came out right away and took care of it. The tenant is very happy with it.

Description of Work
There was carpet in front of one of my units that was an outdoor carpet and the metal strip that holds it down was coming loose. I went into their shop and they showed me some remnants that was large enough to do this space. I asked for a bid and it was only $250, I expected to pay more. I had them do the work.

Work Completed On 10/28/2013

10/02/2013

John T.

The workman arrived when he said he would and did a near invisible mend to the carpet at a very reasonable price.

Description of Work
Repaired cuts in carpeting.

Work Completed On 08/01/2012

10/02/2013

Laquetta M.

Awesome help from the owner in carpet selection and showed us a higher grade carpet than we would have found on our own. At first glance at price, we thought it was more expensive but then realized it was actually less expensive than another competitors price for a lesser quality carpet (The price at Chappies was in square yard vs square foot). Would definitely recommend and use their services again.

Description of Work
Installed carpet.