Badger Bob's

Founded 1985 • With Angi since May 2010

215 Interstate Blvd

Sarasota, FL 34240

Badger Bob's Services is a family owned and operated business that has been serving the Sarasota, Manatee and North Charlotte county areas with quality and pride for over 30 years. Our team doesn't just say we are committed to providing fast, reliable service...we live that promise every day. We've earned the trust of our loyal customers and we hope you will give us the change to earn yours too. It's Badger Bob's Services for all you Air Conditioning, Appliances and Plumbing needs! Call (941) 225-2264 Today! Service...it's Who We Are...

11/24/2021

John H.

It went fantastic. They were punctual reliable and professional. We have been in Florida for years and Always used them. Never a service complaint. Armando and his team are phenomenal

Description of Work
Equipment breakdown with air conditioner

07/22/2021

Roman K.

1. They have connected "Drain Line" from control unit into a "Brine tank" overflow valve. Imagine that, they did it. This would immediately break your system if I would turn it on. 2. They have hard-mounted serviceable filtration system. It should be easily ejectable. If you do not have part to do a job, they do not take on the job. If you are missing part, ask a homeowner before doing a job. What can be easier? 3. They have left system leaking water. 4. They won't perform softener system startup. No clue why. At least they should measure hardness level of the water and recommend homeowner desired settings.

Description of Work
Water Softener and Whole House Filtration System

Category plumbing

08/07/2020

James C.

Excellent. It was late at night, around 11:00 pm, but the repair person came within 30 minutes! He was friendly and knowledgeable. In fact, he showed me how I could take care of the problem myself if it came up again!

Description of Work
Repair Air Conditioner

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

04/08/2019

Nik P.

The service was very good, excellent. The technician was very well trained, worked very efficiently. They were very quick, they take their service request very promptly. Pricing was very good.

Description of Work
Repaired a problem with my freezer, dishwasher, and cleaned up my dryer vent

01/03/2019

Richard S.

used them before for simple repair and were excellent. Not this time. first called about 45 days ago for problem, well described, which typically is one of 3 parts failing, since only thing microwave couldn't do was heat - thus magnetron, diode, etc. First repairman arrived quickly - one or 2 days. Said I needed a part -obviously. Ordered. Another repairman came a couple of days later. Ah, first guy guessed wrong - "normally I change all 3 parts as these tend to fail". Had the parts with him but needed for next stop. Ordered parts. After 3 WEEKS I had not gotten a call or mail, etc, about delay, Called. Spoke with someone courteous, efficient and fast around Dec. 10 - parts on "back order" and "expected Dec. 15". No word from Badger Bob so I called again. Now back order quoted Dec. 21 delivery. These parts BTW are not exclusive to Bosch, only the Bosch P/N's. Explained this -no luck. Christmas and New Years' dinners now passed without the microwave. Called again yesterday, Jan. 2. Viola, you guessed, back order date now Jan.11. I said if parts not in and installed within next week to consider order and work cancelled. Since I was never contacted or updated for followup was really annoyed. Customer service said they would have someone call back. This is end of 2nd day - won't happen. This is 100% on management for poor customer service/ job follow-up. Maybe this message will get to the right place. The employees I have contacted, again, have all been very courteous and seemingly capable. I am not a "do-it-my-way" crank, Been with Angis's List for over 10 years and never sent a negative report, Owned/ran several multi-million $ businesses, plus earned an Ivy League Master's degree in Business Policy. Advice: If they can't get the repair right first time, cancel.

Description of Work
built-in microwave repair

Category appliance repair, small appliance repair

10/05/2018

Marcia & David G.

We needed to replace our AC System and Ductwork in our 40-year-old home. Our particular AC needs are very complicated… my wife provides care for her elderly mother in our home, and her mother’s temperature needs are very different from ours. Therefore, we needed an affordable way to zone our house into three different temperature sections (our master suite, the living area, and the mother-in-law suite). We were also very curious about the new variable speed technologies that provide both energy savings and a consistent temperature and humidity control. We interviewed over 10 HVAC companies in the Sarasota/Bradenton area. We also compiled a spreadsheet analysis to compare all the pros and cons of the different AC systems, as well as the service companies and guarantees. Zoned systems must be designed and installed properly in order to achieve the desired comfort levels and savings. Our own research emphasized that the installation company we used was more important than the equipment itself. Therefore, we asked very specific questions of all the candidates. Bruce Lyons of Badger Bob’s Air Conditioning provided the most thorough explanations, and he recommended a quality system within our budget. In fact, he was one of only two representatives that provided a complete answer to our most important zoning question. Bruce was always available to address our followup requests and concerns during this process. Once we made our final decision, the entire installation process went smoothly. Badger Bob’s install crew (T. J., Abe, Johnny, and Yuri) were some of the most knowledgeable, courteous and friendly techs that we have ever met. Their attention to detail and professional installation of our new equipment was impressive. After the installation, Armando Diaz, their Service Manager, came by to inspect, configure, and train us on the new wifi thermostat. In addition, Bruce contacted us a week later to make sure everything was working properly and that we were happy with the system. We love our new AC system! It is extremely quiet, both inside and out. Each zone maintains its own consistent temperature, and we are already noticing energy savings on the FPL Dashboard after only 2.5 weeks. The mobile app is great for monitoring and easily making adjustments for each zone while away from home. Thank you, Badger Bob's, for a wonderful AC system!

Description of Work
1) New AC System with Zoning Equipment; 2) All New Ductwork

09/03/2018

Julie B.

It went well but when they installed it a bracket broke, which we observed the next day when it looked like it was about to fall off the ceiling in the garage. They came back right away and fixed it. The other thing is that we hoped with a slightly larger and brand new unit our summer electric bill would be lower but we haven't seen much change. We also noted when our thermostat was set as we normally do the house was warmer than expected and they came out again after a few days and adjusted it. In the end we are happy.

Description of Work
We had a new whole house Central AC unit installed.

07/11/2018

Dan D.

Compressor shot on 10+ year old. No BS to get big repair bill. Time for the dump.

Description of Work
Refrig did not cool.

06/11/2018

Lucia R.

NIGHTMARE! The humidity level where I live MUST be no higher than 60%. so I use a freestanding temp/humidity monitor and check it several times a day. On May 16th, Badger Bob did an annual AC checkup in the condo I rent. Since the AC unit ran too frequently I asked their person to see if he could find a problem. He didn't find any issue but shortly after he left the humidity started to increase. I turned the air temp down to reduce the humdiity but it kept rising. It quickly reached 94% so I bought a dehumidifier and called the condo's owner. She contacted Badger Bob again since the unit is under contract. By the time the technician arrived, the dehumidifier had been running for several days and the humidity level was 55-60%. I asked the tech to find out why the AC unit ran constantly but didn't reduce the humidity. He seemed quite elated when he found two wires were touching and said that caused the heat to turn on as soon as the air turned off. He said it was why the AC ran so much and also was causing the high humidity. He fixed it and left. However, the owner received a BILL claiming the tech had not found any issue and said I was reading the humidity level upside down. That’s totally impossible - see attached. It cannopt be read "upside down." After my landlady contacted me, I contacted Badger Bob by phone and responded to my landlady by email and copied Badger Bob. My landlady understood what happened after receiving the email. Badger Bob did NOT respond to the email. A manager returned my phone last week but no one apologized or contacted me about a solution. Worst, rudest service I have ever experienced. I would NOT recommend this company.

Description of Work
Find reason whyAC unit ran continuously but didn't reduce humidity

03/28/2018

James C.

Excellent! The options for the new system were explained without any pressure. I called with questions several times, and someone was always available. With follow-up service, people came on time and were polite and affable. Well-informed and answered any questions.

Description of Work
I had a new AC unit put it and follow-up maintenance.

03/26/2018

Michele S.

This is a great service company! From start to finish, I had an excellent experience with everyone at Badger Bob's when my GE microwave/convection oven needed repair. Truly professional, quality folks! I highly recommend this team.

Description of Work
Repair appliance (GE Microwave/Convection Oven)

02/10/2018

Yuka I.

The service person, Chrishad was very courteous and professional. He replaced and repaired our dishwasher which stopped working because of a broken motor. He called me in advance to let me know ETA and worked efficiently until he completed the task. Gave me a good instruction about operating again. I also appreciated him sharing his honest and personal thoughts about appliances in general. We would hire them again in the future,

Description of Work
We needed our dishwasher repaired.

Category small appliance repair

01/25/2018

Alfred C.

They sent out an representative who determined that all my ducts were in need of replacing as the house is over thirty years old. Armando quoted me a fair price and the work began the next day. The work was performed in two days and I am very satisfied with the work. The installer Brandon was exceptional, he was courteous, professional and very helpful. All of their service technicians have been very professional...Fair pricing and quality service is their key to success and why I will call them again.

Description of Work
I have used Badger Bobs before in the past for some plumbing and appliance repair work and was always satisfied both with the attentive service and fair pricing, I recently contacted them for some HVAC duct work.

08/17/2017

Amy G.

I'd give them an "A" for overall service. Their price was inline with other quotes I got. I would continue to use them. They are close to my office and they are involved in the community. Every time I've used them I've been happy.

Description of Work
Installed a new water heater.

Category water heater repair

08/08/2017

Diane H.

Great, on time, and found a problem, took care of it right away.

Description of Work
have used Badger Bob for appliances as well as A/C. Always on time and explain everything before hand so you can make a good decision. Today it was A/C tuneup and he found the capacitor went bad. This was in our rental.

07/13/2017

Jean K.

Bob and Lou arrived on time, called ahead, and confirmed as I was just arriving from out of state. What appeared to be a simple install of a new double oven- was complicated by the units slightly smaller size. Moreover the base cabinet could not maintain the the weight of the new appliance. They rebuilt the bottom of the cabinet so all is secure and the unit fits the opening as if it were made for it. And they even cleaned up the wood debris with the vacuum. Highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Removal and Install of new double oven

07/05/2017

AILEEN S.

Repair person found the problem and solved it.

Description of Work
Washer made an odd noise.

Category appliance repair

Thank you for your business and feedback. We truly appreciate it.

06/13/2017

Kimberly D.

The dryer vent cleaning service was done in one day with 23 units, the ac maintenance continiues today with 23 units.

Description of Work
I have an apartment complex and they do my maintenance on AC, if there is a problem they are always readily available.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

05/17/2017

Judy & Peter C.

Everything went well. Our condo association gave us this company's name because it was dependable

Description of Work
Fridge repair

05/15/2017

Darlene A.

Very friendly technician; knowledgeable about the unit and what was required to fix it.

Description of Work
Freezer no longer staying cold. Technician defrosted the unit and replaced the thermostat. All seems to be working.

05/05/2017

Debi G.

The communication was great, amount of time I waited for an appointment was very good, and the technician-Lou was very informative, polite, and clean. They sent me a picture of the technician and his background check so I knew who was coming to my door. They also sent a follow up asking how he did.

Description of Work
They installed all of my appliances.

03/06/2017

CJ W.

They’re expensive. They do a good job pretty much. This is a complicated house, so therefore I pay a little bit extra for them, because they do know the house. We’ve got 9 air conditioners and it is a larger job to take on.

Description of Work
I used Badger Bob’s. On the house here, they just did their annual maintenance. I have 9 air conditioners and heaters. They did the whole house for me and the all the zones. Then they put sensors in, which is for a smart home. They are electronic sensors. They also do appliances. Not at the same time, but I’ve had them do everything. I’ve had them do my pool, my dishwashers and all the appliances.

02/21/2017

Frank C.

Well. They quickly diagnosed corroded wire on roof and replaced it and we were back up and running in about 1 hour.

Description of Work
AC stopped working

12/08/2016

Anne C.

Ryan did an excellent job. He was professional and courteous.

Description of Work
I needed a filter receiver replaced on my Maytag refrig. I had purchased the part in advance.

11/11/2016

Laura V.

Great! When the part arrived, Ryan called to schedule another visit, and he offered to come after he finished his next call. Ice maker was operating as normal within an hour.

Description of Work
My ice maker was broken, and the technician, Ryan, came on a Monday to fix it. It needed a replacement part that had to be ordered from the manufacturer, so he said he'd contact me to schedule a visit when the part arrived.

Minuteman Plumbing, LLC

Sarasota County area water heating expert! 25+ years experience! We supply contractor grade to the consumer at a great price! Most knowledgeable person in electric, gas, natural gas and tankless and solar too! Did I mention we are ALL knowledgeable on all things sewer and drain cleaning! Our motto “No drain left unclogged “ will prove helpful in your time of need! We come out 24/7 to solve your problem!

Offers by Minuteman Plumbing, LLC on Angi
    Duct Depot

Duct Depot LLC has more than 14 years experience of providing Florida with professional air duct, H-VAC, and dryer duct cleaning, along with many other services to help keep your air quality clean as can be to help the health of you, your family, and anyone who visits your property. We provide cleaning services to residential and commercial customers alike, so contact us today to service your home or business office.

Offers by Duct Depot on Angi
    Integrity Heat & Air

We provide old-fashioned, person to person service, maintenance and installation of central air conditioning. You will never get a phone 'tree' or be placed on hold with cheesy back-ground music. Nor will you be subjected to 'press 1 for English, press 2, press 3.....etc., etc.!! You will either get a real person or the owner's voicemail.....with a promise of a return call within 10 minutes. Most of our business is from 'word-of-mouth' and repeat business, which tells you that YOU are our priority. we have to do a great job.....our reputation and character relies on it. We named our company INTEGRITY Air for a reason. Feel free to call, text or email us today for any ac needs you may have......you can even use us as a second opinion for your peace of mind. Fast service, happy customers and always free estimates. Try us today. stillinboxac@gmail.com 941-932-3046 Best regards, John Thurbon (Owner)

CAC1815977 and CFC1426265
    State of Fl
    State of Florida
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Financing Available

Air conditioning, Appliance and Plumbing Services. In need of something new, we install Whirlpool appliances, Carrier Air Conditioning Systems and Rheem Hot Water Tanks.

At this time we do not offer electrical.