El Cheapo Tree Service

With Angi since September 2009

Saint Petersburg, FL 33708

El Cheapo Tree Service does quality work at a cheaper price....

08/17/2022

Catherine M.

Ed and his crew were quick to respond in spite of his heavy work schedule and due to the emergency nature of the lightening hit, he responded quickly to address the dangerous palm. The tree was in the back yard near power lines, a fall would have created severe damage no matter which way it fell due to the size of the tree. Ed quickly recognized the damage and brought in his crane crew while the rest of the crew readied for the task of removal. The crane stabilized itself in the front yard and the crew meticulously placed the line and ready the are for the cut. Safety protocol was amazing. They were so efficient. It was quite a sight to watch. I would hire them again and highly recommend using El Cheapo Tree Service - they are definitely worth any wait to get such expertise. Ed is a wonderful knowledgeable arborist !

Description of Work
My 3-story tall Washintonian Palm tree was struck by lightening

02/03/2022

Nancy M.

I would use them again. It was a pretty good service. I liked them. He didn't charge me for the work on my property. He was reputable. He was really sorry for damaging the fence.

Description of Work
They removed our neighbor's trees and they fixed our fence immediately. He killed the roots on my property.

Category fencing, tree service

10/20/2021

Matthew K.

Excellent service and professionalism! Was very impressed with the work and how well choreographed the whole team worked to remove some very large trees. You could tell they've been cutting trees together for quite some time. No one came close to their price! I will definitely use El Cheapo again!

Description of Work
Removed five, large trees

02/23/2021

Don G.

Superb, professional work by respectful and well trained crew. Ed and Victor were delightful to work with and to discuss ongoing progress. Especially impressive was the skill of the young man who used the Bobcat scoop and other motorized equipment. The crew’s teamwork and efficiency were outstanding.

Description of Work
Remove dead tree and prune live oak branches overhanging houses.

10/12/2020

Thurston H.

Perfect. The crew came on time with needed equipment. They were careful, thoughtful of the neighbors, and completely cleaned up. Ed came earlier than his crew and stayed on to work and to supervise. We would absolutely recommend El Cheapo.

Description of Work
Tree removal

07/06/2020

Charles G.

Ed knows his trees and loves them. The crew showed up on time, polite, clean up when done and didn't leave a hill after removing the stumps. Ed over saw the whole projected and followed up till completion. El Cheapo are real professionals. I would recommend and use them again!!!!

Description of Work
two diseased oaks removed and stumps grinded

10/22/2018

Paulette N.

I've used El Cheapo in the past and they were excellent! They couldn't do this particular job due to their volume, however Ed referred me to an EXCELLENT alternate contractor. Will always keep Ed on my list of favorites!

Description of Work
Shrub Removal

10/14/2018

ANNETTE H.

I used El Cheapo based on Angie's List reviews plus neighborhood recommendation and we were very happy with the service. We had some major tree limbs that needed to be trimmed to better expose our roof for solar panels. From Ed, who came to do the estimate, to the crew who came to do the work, they were all very professional, friendly and helpful, giving suggestions on other areas we should consider trimming in the future. The crew came exactly on time and were very efficient and careful as they dropped the very large pieces down, then cleaned up thoroughly before they left. We will definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Prune trees in preparation for solar installation

01/23/2018

Donald B.

I can say without a doubt, El Cheapo is the best tree service company we have ever had. They did more than what was contracted and clean and rake every area of work. What was especially important was we recently had a new lawn installed so I was very concerned about our grass being damaged from the heavy equipment. They made sure this wouldn't be a problem by laying heavy cardboard down to protect our grass from damage of the tires of the equipment. Very impressive to say the least, El Cheapo has ALL the necessary equipment that is demanded of this type of job. Also after using several companies for tree trimming, El Cheapo provides an excellent value. I would have easily paid $1000 to $2000 or more for the same work.

Description of Work
Semi-annually we have our trees trimmed and it is quite a job because we live on a 1/2 acre property with many trees which include 19 very large Live and Laurel Oaks. Definitely not a job for an amateur, so finding someone to trim our trees is a major challenge. We have used several tree companies, some of which are on Angie's List, and to get quality work at a reasonable price is a major challenge. We hired El Cheapo on a recommendation from our landscapers. There was a lot of work as usual to do, oak trees trimmed, the removal of an Orchid and Camphor trees including stump grinding, and removal of deadwood from various other trees.

09/19/2017

Sandra B.

September 8th, 2017, Ed DePaul's El-Cheapo Tree Service, Inc. saved my home from Hurricane Irma. I had a huge silver oak, that required a crane for removal and in the nick of time, El Cheapo made it happen. The tree was rotten and full of bees. There is no doubt that the 70+ foot tree would have fallen and destroyed my home. Early Friday, the crew of 8 men appeared on time, fully equipped with a 110' crane, bucket truck, two huge dump trucks and 4 or 5 other large pieces of machinery. After removal of the bee infected tree, the men removed the stump, and cleaned thoroughly. It was a reasonably priced, well done job accomplished with safe practices and jovial camaraderie. Thank you to Ed Depaul and the men of El Cheapo.

Description of Work
70 foot silver oak removed

08/17/2017

Jeff R.

I can't say enough good things about this company. Ed came out and gave a quote that was very reasonable. He then returned a few days later with a large crew and finished the job in about 2 hours and cleaned up and removed all debris. The workers were very polite, professional, and did great work. They actually did some pruning on another tree that was not in the initial quote and there was no extra charge. Great job! I will definitely use them again. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Needed some Oak trees pruned.

Category tree service

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for reviewing us. Don't hesitate to call if you need anything.

07/13/2017

Paulette N.

I can't say enough about Ed De Paul and his team. Ed came to see me ASAP when I first contacted him. He did a complete and thorough inspection of my property. He made me feel like I was his priority, and he proved that. His team all showed up on time and did a great job removing 1 tree and trimming back other large oaks. I've never seen a whole team that seem to really enjoy what they do. A job very well done!!!

Description of Work
Tree and limb removal

Category tree service

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We really appreciate your business.

06/06/2017

Shirley R.

Great!! Very professional, personable. They did a fantastic job!

Description of Work
Tree removal

Category tree service

Thank you for taking your time to review us [Member Name Removed]. We truly appreciate it. Team El Cheapo

05/08/2017

Claudia L.

Everything went great! They were prompt, professional and took care of everything. We had several estimates done and the price for this company was very fair and they handled everything. Would definitely hire again.

Description of Work
Large Oak removal

05/08/2017

Claudia L.

Fantastic! Ed and the El Cheapo crew were amazing! They were kind, courteous and professional! The price was fair and they went above and beyond to take care of our needs and to make us happy! The crew showed up as planned with very impressive equipment and got to work. These guys are efficient and true professionals! I was amazed and so were my neighbors! I would definitely recommend El Cheapo for all your tree service needs and we will most definitely use them for ours again in the future! Great job! Thank you Ed and El Cheapo! It was a real pleasure doing business with you!

Description of Work
Removal of large tree in back yard

Category tree service

Thank you very much for the kind words. We aim to please and love to hear feedback from our clients! Don't hesitate to call if you have any questions. Team El Cheapo

04/19/2017

John G R.

Ed's crew was prompt and professional, checking with neighbors and moving trucks when needed (we're on a cul-de-sac). They finished the work in about half a day or so, and did a great job. Ed kept in contact to keep me aware of when the job would be finished, since it wasn't required that I be there while they were working. (Though I did watch some of the early work.)

Description of Work
We had a large oak tree out front that several arborists said was dead or dying. (It was over 30 years old.) I hired Ed's company to take the tree out and grind the stump, and the price he quoted was fair and in the ballpark of other estimates I'd received.

04/11/2017

Britt B.

2nd time I've hired El Cheapo. Service was great from start to finish. Ed is very responsive with phone calls and texting. His crew is very professional, fast and they work well as a team. His equipment is pretty impressive. The price is beyond reasonable for the work they do. PLUS they forgot to grind two small stumps when they were here - I didn't realize it until hours after they left. I texted Ed the next day about the remaining stumps to see if he could finish them off when he was nearby. He had three guys and a grinder here within an hour to take care of the remaining stumps. All smiles and no complaints. A+ service. Thank you Ed and El Cheapo team. - A happy return customer.

Description of Work
Trim ficus and fig trees on side of house - remove large limb of norfolk pine - remove dead tree in backyard - grind 5 stumps - clean up all.

Category tree service

It was nice to see you again Mrs [Member Name Removed]. We appreciate your review and look forward to working for you again. Give us a call anytime if you need anything or have any questions! Team El Cheapo

03/27/2017

Patty M.

Best tree service ever and we have used many. Owner was on site. Workers very professional. No need to call around, this company is the best! The employees work very hard and are so polite, just a great crew! After trimming the trees and job was done it looked incredible!

Description of Work
Trim oaks and palms and clear brush and over growth and grind a stump!

Category tree service

Thank you Mr and Mrs [Member Name Removed] for the nice review . We are going to be working for your neighbor soon Best Regards Team ElCheapo

12/23/2016

bill O.

Ed DePaul was easy to contact, came out promptly, estimated the job quickly and fairly. His men and equipment were on time, worked quickly and confidently. They had all the best equipment and knew how to use it. I particularly liked their sense of humor and teamwork. I got other companies to bid the job, but I'm glad I used El Cheapo.

Description of Work
We had a truck load of fishtail palms removed. There were several clumps, some 30+ feet tall, all with those stinging berries, next to a fence and two houses.

Category tree service

We just love good reviews like this. The comedy show was no charge! Glad you got some laughs. Let us know if you need anything at all. Team El Cheapo

06/16/2016

LINDA H.

This is the third time we've used El Cheapo and we've had the same excellent service every time. Ed, the owner, is a licensed arborist who takes the time to tell you what needs to be done and why. We've found him to be very professional and very fair when giving an estimate. There was a six man crew on our job. They did the four oak trees, the two palm trees and cleaned up everything in less than 90 minutes. Our yard was actually cleaner after the tree guys were done than it was before they started. Each member of the crew was very professional and knew exactly what their part of the job entailed. They were using state of the art equipment and were very careful when doing their sawing and trimming. They made sure that everything fell exactly where they wanted it to fall. I would highly recommend El Cheapo for any tree services you might need. They always do quality work at a fair price

Description of Work
*trimmed and cut limbs on four oak trees *trimmed two large palm trees *cleaned up everything when they were finished

Category tree service

Repeat clients are simply the best. We pride ourselves on exceeding expectations and being rehired proves that we were successful. Thank you so very much Mrs [Member Name Removed]

04/29/2016

Mary C.

Magnificent service from start to finish. Ed DePaul is super nice and knowledgeable. Estimate done in record time, work done same day. All debris from bushes/tree removal was taken away and workers did a fantastic job with jobsite cleanup afterwards. Crew got to work immediately and everyone worked as a team for the best outcome. I wouldn't hesitate to call them again or recommend to neighbors and friends. (-Marianne Richards)

Description of Work
Remove bushes, small nuisance trees. Grind stumps. Remove all debris.

Category tree service

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Please don't hesitate to call us if you have any concerns in the future. Team El Cheapo

04/22/2016

John D.

Ed DePaul and his crew were OUTSTANDING. They were professional and courteous --- and except for the missing tree, you wouldn't know they had been there. Everything was cleaned up and hauled away. Ed was extremely flexible with scheduling, even after a mix-up getting them through the security front gate. This was the 2nd time I have used El Cheapo and I will continue to use them in the future. GREAT SERVICE FOR A GREAT PRICE.

Description of Work
They removed a Bottle Brush tree that had roots raising my driveway. There were gas and electric lines directly under the tree, so they cut it down to the stump and added chemicals to kill the stump/roots.

Category tree service

"Ed DePaul and his crew were OUTSTANDING" We're so glad you were happy with us. This review is OUTSTANDING! Team El Cheapo

04/08/2016

Keith R.

I could not be happier with the service I received from El Cheapo Tree Service. They were asked to trim 4 palm trees and 3 crepe myrtles. From the 1st phone call to the follow up the day after the work was done I could not be happier. Ed came out to look at the job and gave me a price. He explained about getting a permit and gave me all the information I needed to take care of it. Once we had the permit he assured me he would be out in two days and he was. The crew swarmed out property and everything was done in about 1 1/2 hours. I was amazed at how respectful his crew was. They were careful with the other landscaping and made sure that everything was cleaned up when they were done. They made me feel very much at ease as soon as they arrived. The day after, Ed stopped by to make sure we were satisfied with the work and to be sure everything was to our satisfaction. He pointed out some issues with another tree on our property and assured us that if we ever have questions he would be available. We have definitely found a new tree service. I will never call anyone other than El Cheapo. Thank you to everyone at El Cheapo!

Description of Work
Trimmed Trees and Removed dying tree

Category tree service

" I could not be happier." Thank you for such a nice review. Looking forward to working for you again! Team El Cheapo

01/27/2016

michelle O.

Very professional fast and clean. They were done in 2 hours and you would never know they came except all was gone. Very thorough curteous and prifessional. Best work and servicr for a great price. Second time theyve wirked for me and id recommend them to everyone

Description of Work
Removed 2 trees and vine from wire fence

Category tree service

Thank you for keeping os as your tree care specialists. Don't hesitate to call if you have any needs. Team El Cheapo

01/14/2016

Mike O.

Ed is a class act. He came and went through what we wanted. It was not a simple trim. We wanted a "stair step" look to the hedge, starting low then a step up then another step up further down the hedge. On the day of the trimming, Ed showed up first and with a paint spray outlined exactly what was to be done. Then he waited for his crew and worked to get them started, so no miscommunication which unfortunately often happens between the one taking the order and the ones doing the work. (I mean how many times have you heard "Jeez, Jake never told us that". After trimming, all was cleaned up and left in original condition. This company is aces and Ed is extremely knowledgeable. He gave some very good advise on a few tree /plant issues in the back of the house.

Description of Work
Trimmed a 15' x 30' hedge, cleaned up 2 palm trees, consulted on other plant/tree issues around the house

Category tree service

Thank you for choosing us. Please don't hesitate to call if you have any questions. Team El Cheapo

Arbor Wise Professional Tree Care

We are an affordable, family owned and operated tree service. We are BBB Accredited, fully licensed and insured with GL and Workers Comp coverage. We are committed to personalized client service and accomplishing your property goals. Over the years we have never lost our commitment to our clients and that is what has allowed us to succeed in a very competitive industry. We stand committed to our purpose as we stand committed to the people of Tampa and surrounding areas. We have the equipment needed for all jobs, large or small. We accept all major credit cards, cash or check payments. Senior and Military Discounts of 5% each are available.

Offers by Arbor Wise Professional Tree Care on Angi
    ATN TREE CUTTING SERVICES INC

In search of a Florida tree service company to look after your property’s trees? You’ve come to the right place. At ATN Tree Cutting Services, we have what it takes to keep your outdoor space looking verdant and vibrant, and we’re ready to go above and beyond to meet your needs. Based in Florida, our company is dedicated to offering prompt service and high-quality work, no matter what the circumstances. Alberto is the owner and will be on each job site. Call us for an estimate!

Knockout Tree Service

We specialize in tree services, tree trimming, tree removal, stump grinding, stump removal, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -- or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

PayPal, Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Arborists,Arborists,Nurseries-Plants & Trees,Tree Service,Landscape Contractors,Stump Removal & Grinding

ask for details