We accept remote payment

Air Quality Control Inc

Founded 1980 • With Angi since November 1999

4582 28th St N

Saint Petersburg, FL 33714

25 Employees. Uses subs for electrical only. Cost determined by the job. Additional charge for emergency service. State certified a/c contractor license #CMC1250777. All of our customer are promised the best price for which we can do the job. Everyone gets the discount.

05/27/2020

LISA S.

They were very professional and pleasant and had a large selection of items and options to choose from

Description of Work
Replacing ac unit

09/10/2019

Laurie B.

Dan came out and accessed the problem with our AC. In addition to the root problem (Freon leak) he pointed out that our outtake vents were not properly adjusted and our intake vents were not as clean as we thought. He made some suggestions to help us keep the AC running more efficiently. Will definitely call on Air Quality Control Inc. again and will ask for Dan.

Description of Work
AC inspection and repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for that nice review. We truly appreciate it when you take your own time do that that. I just wanted to let you know that I didn't find you in our list of Comfort Club members. I highly recommend that as our Comfort Club maintenance program does not require a contract, it's pay as you go and you get special benefits like a 10% discount on parts an labor for any repairs, and several other benefits. You can view that at https://aqcinc.biz/comfort-club/ if you wold like more information. Best regards, Vince

03/07/2019

Scott B.

We need our air conditioner to be repaired. We ended up buying a new unit in the heat of the summer. Air Quality Control was prompt with their arrival. we ended up buying a new unit. The new unit was installed with relative ease which included an on-going maintenance plan. I was pleased with their work.

Description of Work
Air condition repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thanks for that great rating [Member Name Removed]. I would like to be assured that the technician you dealt with gave you the price of repair, the price for replacement, with options and you decided that replacement was the better route? Many companies use salespeople who are inclined to push for new equipment because they get a commission. Tat's not how we do it here. So long as I know that you were offered at least 2 options (I prefer 3 when applicable) and you felt no pressure for the choice you made, I'm happy. I know it's your happiness that really counts but I like to know that my guys are doing things right. Best, Vince

10/09/2018

John G.

It was done by Tech "Dale", Very professional and knowledgeable of the products. They do a fantastic job.

Description of Work
Service on the Generac .. Semi-annually

Category generator service

Thanks [Member Name Removed]. We're glad that Dale was able to take good care of you. You are appreciated.

10/14/2017

Ann G.

We had to pay a lot because it was after hours. There are one of the only ones who charge for after hours. Lightning struck our house and we had to have them replace the compacitor. We have had very even good luck with them. I've been here one time when I was very not happy with the person who came. And last time I was very pleased with the person who came. I think they are more expensive than the other places. They are not economical, they are not the least expensive. Their punctuality was good.

Description of Work
I used Air Quality Control Inc

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your fair assessment. We do charge more for after hours but not as an attempt to bilk you for more money, we charge more after hours because our costs increase dramatically. Our technicians are paid handsomely (as I believe they should be) in order to leave their home to back to work after they have already put in a full day. I think that if you shop around during regular hours, we are very reasonable and pretty much in the middle to lower middle for our service charge of $89. I am glad that you were please with our quality, that you said you will use us again and I hope in the future we can arrange a visit during regular business hours.

09/30/2017

Eric K.

We had 3 people give an estimate. They weren’t the lowest, but they were bonded with them over something. We felt comfortable with them doing it. They could do all the natural gas work, that was a plus, because we wanted a new water heater. I had a fuel oil furnace that was probably 40 years old. I wanted that out and natural gas put in and they handled all of that. I think I felt pretty comfortable with them doing that and it’s been fine. I would have liked a little better price. I wouldn’t hesitate to give them a call.

Description of Work
They replaced our whole system. They did the air conditioner and the heater, and they put in a hot water heater.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

09/30/2017

Eric K.

They come every year. I don’t actually have a maintenance program. It might be $50 buck or something like that. They’ve been doing that for 20 or 15 years, I don’t actually know. They’re knowledgeable, friendly, on time, that’s good. They call ahead before they come. The scheduling is pretty easy. They communicate good.

Description of Work
They checked the whole system.

09/19/2017

Armando L.

Very smooth to the point. Great job.

Description of Work
Bi-year check up

01/04/2017

Pamela R.

Probably because I've had too many problems with the a/c unit.

Description of Work
Maintenance.

07/20/2016

Mary J.

We have a good relationship with them. It costs $90 each time they come. We've been with them for years, we purchased our unit from them. They've always been very responsive, very good, prompt, reliable, clean and efficient.

Description of Work
We have our units serviced twice a year and then, in between times, if we call, they come. They come in the spring and in the fall.

12/28/2015

Paul S.

The new fan motor works great, but I felt the cost was a bit steep. $83 for house call $627 to replace outside fan motor

Description of Work
Came to the house and replaced the outside fan motor.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

Mr. [Member Name Removed] I’m sorry that you felt that the price was too high. I’m uncertain as to what criteria you used to formulate that opinion but I assure you that price is a median price for that type of motor installed by a company that warranties its equipment and work. If you were to call other quality companies, I am certain that you would find that statement to be true. The $83 you listed as a house call is our diagnostic fee. That is what we charge to send someone to your home and to diagnose the cause of the problem. Once the diagnosis is made, we then must charge for the part and the labor for replacing it, if it is not under warranty. We are obliged to charge a diagnostic fee because once the diagnosis is made; you have the right to dismiss our technician without performing any repairs and the cost of dispatching and diagnosis is more than any company can reasonably be asked to absorb. We always want an A rating and we thank you for the A’s you gave us for Punctuality, Responsiveness and Quality.

10/30/2015

Eric K.

Joe calculated the exact capacity we needed based on square footage, insulation and new energy efficient windows. My husband had just had major surgery and Joe planned and scheduled the install so that my husband did not suffer without any air for more than a few hours! It was May and already hot. The unit they installed was a one of those continuous operation ones, which runs more but at lower capacity. It's cool and so quiet we don't even know its on. I don't know how we lived in Florida all these years without a dehumidifier. We keep it set at 50%. We now have the most comfortable home I've ever lived in. The tankless heater works great and I gained a closet by losing the big hot water tank. The install required a bit of tweeking after they left, but they sent a senior mechanic out asap and we were back on line in 20 minutes. Been working great ever since. Oh and the digital thermostat is linked to wifi and fully programmable based on when we are home or at work and the various times of day. We keep it cooler at night when we sleep. I definitely recommend these guys. The old system was ancient, creaking and groaning and hardly efficient. The new system is infinitely better. The cost was a bit steep, but we're so happy with the system that it was well worth it.

Description of Work
AQC removed the old heating (fuel oil) heater, air conditioning equipment and hot water heater. They installed a gas, tankless hot water heater, a continuous drive air conditioner, a gas heater and a dehumidifier. They replaced the old thermostat with a new one.

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

10/19/2015

Grace Q.

The filter in the attic needed replaced, as it hadn't been replaced during the 6 month maintenance check-up performed 3 weeks previously, so they had to send someone back to replace. it, because it caused the entire unit to shut down.

Description of Work
Replaced main filter in attic air handler of Carrier A/C unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Ms. [Member name removed]. I'm very sorry that you were disappointed. Because this type of filter is frequently usable for a period of up to 12 to 18 months, and they are very expensive filters, we do not automatically replace them when doing our 6 month maintenance schedule. However, on that visit we would have if there was a filter on site. We do not keep filters stocked on our trucks. I recommend that you keep a replacement filter at your home and we will be glad to replace it during the maintenance if it needs to be done or on every visit if you prefer. I have made a note in your records to make sure that we discuss your filter stock at the time of scheduling. Thank you for your business and your input. We will use this information to better serve you.

08/27/2015

Susan M.

Air Quality installed the unit 10 or more years ago and have serviced it every since. We have been extremely pleased. When it needs to be replaced, we will use them again and continue with their service.

Description of Work
Service our AC and heater unit. He also replaced our filter which needs to be done once a year, the filer is $47.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

08/22/2015

MARY C.

They showed up on time, did the installation of the equipment agreed upon. Financed half and paid for half with no interest for 5 years. They estimated a savings of $144.00 per month on electric bill, and first full month's savings were $150.00. System is quiet and temperature is constant - it does not get too cool then warm up to a little on the warm side before cooling down. We are very happy with the system.

Description of Work
Complete new AC system

07/16/2015

Jody M.

I looked on Better Business Bureau for Central Florida to find a reputable firm. I called them. The guy came out. He said, "Your fan is rotating the wrong way. The capacitor has been put on upside down and the capacitor is bad." He just charged me for the visit. I really liked them.

Description of Work
My air conditioning system wasn't cooling. They fixed it.

01/10/2015

Patti O.

They fixed the problem and they were very great. Prompt service and very reliable and they knew what they were talking about.

Description of Work
I called them when the motor went out on the compressor.

10/25/2013

david L.

Great provider. Excellent communication, quick service and job done as desired. Thanks!

Description of Work
Installation of new thermostat.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you [Member name removed]. We appreciate your business and look forward to having the opportunity to serve any of your home comfort needs in the future.

10/23/2013

Darryn T.

I needed a repair of my standby generator in June in Florida, just entering the hurricane season. Though I had fired Air Quality Control (AQC) in the past for what I felt were unnecessary charges they almost always added to routine service calls, I was in a bind time-wise as I was about to leave town for several months over hurricane season and needed an operative generator and AQC was familiar with mine. Long story short, they knew what the problem was as I described it and found a voltage regulator bad. Nearly five hundred dollars later, after the voltage regulator was replaced, they then found possible "catastrophic" damage. Turns out the voltage regulator had nothing at all to do with the original problem though they led me to believe it did. At that point I had a reputable company look at the generator. Within twenty minutes the technician discovered a bad stator/rotor assembly. I refused to pay AQC the $480.66 they were charging to have replaced the voltage regulator and we negotiated through the BBB to have them return the original (which they still have not done, three weeks after they said they would) and I would return their voltage regulator, which I am doing today. The reputable company replaced the voltage regulator, since I am sending AQC's back and I need one on the machine. The cost of replacement? $126 versus the $480.66 AQC was charging. I ABSOLUTELY WOULD NOT USE THIS COMPANY! EVER! There is much more detail to this story which you may be able to check out on the Pinellas County BBB website, assuming the complaint is still active.

Description of Work
Led me to believe a part needed to be replaced, charged an outrageous amount, then refused to acknowledge their terrible service with half-truths.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, generator service

The rendition of this experience is factually convoluted. His statement that he "fired AQC" in the past should be qualified by the fact that he was unhappy with a failure of the generator in February 2010 when our technician discovered oil spilled over the bottom of the enclosure, battery acid residue in the battery compartment and a dead battery. Our technician was told to leave the property. I can only surmise that he considers identifying and trying to rectify problems such as that to be "unnecessary charges". I have no information as to how those items were remedied but AQC had nothing to do with it. We were asked to return 13 months later for routine maintenance. That was performed with NO additional charges and in fact we did maintenance on his generator in May 2007, November 2007, August 2008, February 2009 and September 2009 with NO additional charges. Therefore his accusation; "unnecessary charges they almost always added ...." is not supported by the facts. After 3 and 1/2 years of not doing any maintenance on the generator, we were asked to return to the property to repair a non functional generator. In retrospect, it would have been much better if we would have declined to do any more work for him. However, we sent our technician who worked through the factory prescribed trouble shooting procedures, made his diagnosis and recommendations. (Member name removed) hired another company for a second opinion. In an email from (Member name removed) dated, August 6,2013 he stated; the other companies technician found winding elements and actual pieces of wire in the bottom of the housing and indicated the stator/rotor will need to be replaced. This concurs with the AQC technician diagnosis of catastrophic failure which (Member name removed) seems to take exception. He went on to say that the other technician was "PRETTY SURE" that the voltage regulator replaced by AQC had nothing to do with the problem. (Conjecture, not factually founded) (Member name removed) said that the voltage regulator had nothing to do with the problem (The factory supported diagnosis indicated differently) that we were not allowed back on his property for any reason and I quote "So the voltage regulator will have to stay where it is". we did offer to return his original voltage regulator and asked the BBB to mediate that transaction. I can not speak for the BBB as to why this transaction has not been concluded but I can attest that we have made the effort. With regard to the discrepancy between the AQC price of $480.00 and the purported $126.00 voltage regulator; there is a quantitative difference in the price of sending a technician to a job site and diagnosing a "dead" piece of machinery and just calling to say "how much for a voltage regulator"? We all have a right to our opinions and in this era of communication we have the ability to share them with the world whether they are factual or not. AQC has been in business with the same owners since 1980, maintains more than 100 generators and 800 AC systems in the Tampa Bay area for satisfied customers.

10/07/2013

Anne M.

I also like the fact that the technician explained to me what he was doing and finding while he was here. He was professional.

Description of Work
My A/C was not cooling properly and the tech changed my 2 filters in the house and then used a leak detector and found a pinhole leak in my evaporator coil. My system is only 7 years old but the warranty is gone. I have an estimate for replacing the coil which is fair but expensive to do. Wayne gave me a couple of options which I will explore further, and I will make a decision this week. I have been in property management for several years and know the A/C business and feel this company is knowledgeable and honest. Plus I greatly appreciated the same day service!

WILLIAM F.

I have been using their services about four years. They have done a fine job. They are the only ones who had the correct answer and solution to a major heating and air problem that I had.

Description of Work
They sold me the heating and air conditioning system. They have also completed repairs and maintenance on the unit.

Thomas J.

They did a great job! They were prompt and reasonable. Everything was fine.

Description of Work
My filter had gotten very dirty. They came in and serviced my heating and air conditioning unit.

robert B.

We have been using their service for over three years. They do a good job and are reliable. If you ever have an issue, they will come right back out and take care of it. I have been very happy with them. We have even recommended them to several family members.

Description of Work
They installed my air conditioning and duct work. They also complete the maintenance for the unit.

PAM & JERRY B.

I have been using their services for about five years. They do a good job. I am satisfied with their services.

Description of Work
They service my generator twice a year. I have a maintenance contract with them for $300 annually.

Category generator service

BARBARA F.

I have done business with them for 20 years now and I cannot recommend them highly enough. Vince, one of the owners, has worked with us both times we had to replace the units. I did have a problem several years ago on a weekend. Everything was fine and they took care of it. They are a very reliable, responsible, and honest company. I am very happy dealing with them.

Description of Work
They come out twice a year to maintenance and check my air conditioning. They replaced my unit 20 years ago when I first moved into the home and also again a couple of years ago.