Ace Remodeling Contractors Inc

Founded 1985 • With Angi since December 2005

5801 43rd St N

Saint Petersburg, FL 33714

Owner operated, Uses subs contractors for various jobs, Cost is determined by the job, line item pricing, discounted prices for jobs that exceed $5,000.00, accept all major credit cards

09/24/2015

Burch F.

I called Ace to talk to someone about remodeling my condo. The lady that answered the phone wasn't too helpful but set up an appointment for me to meet someone that could talk to me. They were going to charge $75 for this. The day came and she called to reschedule (which was fine). On the day someone was supposed to come she called again to remind me. I talked to her about the condo rules of not having trucks with logos on them. Although this is a rule I've managed to get several other contractors through. Another option would have been to meet outside the gate and drive in with my car. She said that she wasn't going to send anyone out there if they couldn't get through. Every time I talked to this person I got the feeling that she thought she was doing me a favor by dealing with me. I never felt like a prospective customer. I also never talked the the actual contractor.

Description of Work
Phone discussion

04/10/2015

Joanne S.

Description of Work
Repair/remodel guest bathroom

03/23/2015

Ellen C.

There were some issues with getting the vanity delivered for installation. They did the work. There were some hiccups, but any issues that occurred they have followed up without any problem.

Description of Work
Total bathroom remodeling

Category drywall, woodworking, home remodeling

11/28/2014

James B.

What a great experience. Ace Remodeling Contractors is spot on for price, quality and professionalism. Dave's team is super helpful and I would give them an A++++ if I could. I'm looking forward to working with them for my kitchen and bathroom remodel.

Description of Work
Remodeled our back room. Demo down to the studs, walls and ceilings. Installed can lights, insulation and drywall. Built a closet and installed glass panel entry door. built in window frames, sills and moulding.

Category closet systems, drywall, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

02/13/2014

Daryl B.

Very, very happy. The price was very good, the quality of work excellent and the helpfulness and professionalism of the staff outstanding. I strongly recommend Dave and his Team.

Description of Work
Excellent service with sheetrock repairs and install Ikea kitchen cabinets.

04/17/2013

Roger P.

Wow! What a very professional experience from day 1. No surprises, experienced and professional crew, the very best sub-contractors.

Description of Work
Home remodeling including master bedroom, 2 bathrooms, laundry room and kitchen.

08/31/2012

Andreas G.

Ace Remodeling Contractors Inc. was very good but the price was high. I would surely use their services again in the future.

Description of Work
I received an estimate from Ace Remodeling Contractors Inc. for general remodeling.

03/16/2010

James C.

Can someone from this List find out if they are still in business? The previous owner of my house had them make some major renovations and I want to look at my options for additional work. I have called them 4 times during business hours in the past 2 months and they have yet to pick up the phone and/or call me back.

Description of Work
Nothing, I've been unable to contact them.

06/11/2009

John and Lisa O.

I was really comfortable with these guys and had told them we were very seriously considering them, but had advised them that my husband is cost-oriented. So we were very surprised when their price came in very high, higher even than Home Depot. My husband called them to discuss, and they said "the price is the price." I guess they are too busy to need business, even in this economy? Also, they did not respond to a single email directly - they had the secretary call and leave a message (I had sent 3 emails to follow up.)

Description of Work
Got pricing from them on our major kitchen remodel.

10/16/2008

Anne G M.

We did not hire them. They were over priced.

Description of Work
They did an architectural drawing for remodeling a kitchen and moving an exterior wall.

10/14/2008

ELIZABETH V.

The experience was very good. The project manager John was very helpful. He explained what was going on and what they were going to be doing. I would hire them again in the future.

Description of Work
They remodeled bathrooms for us.

10/11/2008

VIVIAN B.

He came out and gave a very professional estimate. He was very knowledgeable, but his prices were just too high for what we needed done. He specializes in higher-end construction, so there were some extra things in the proposal that we didn't necessarily need done.

Description of Work
They came out and gave us an estimate for a bathroom remodel.

04/03/2008

G M.

My faith in "customer service" and "attention to detail" has been restored! I've never been more pleased with the results of ANY work I've had done on my home (and in 14 years, that's quite a bit). Ace Remodelers arrived on time and left my home immaculate each and every day. I have a one-bathroom home and they ensured I had a working toilet every day (saving me money on a hotel); and I had a serviceable tub within four days. They said they'd be done in three weeks and they were - even with the unplanned effort of creating the closet in the hallway! Vince did an awesome job -- he is truly gifted. Even when he had to 'create' a section of hardwood flooring for the closet, he took time to ensure the stain matched perfectly to the existing flooring and sanded its surface beautifully. I will continue to recommend them to everyone I know, and will use them next time I do some remodeling. Stellar job!!!

Description of Work
Ace Remodeling transformed my tiny, outdated (circa 1951) bathroom; and they created a hall closet out of the space that housed an unused oil-heat chimney. They (primarily Vince, who is a true 'craftsman') gutted the bathroom to the studs, including removal of the ceiling in the bath and hallway. They replaced flooring and drywall, and installed all new tub, tile, pedestal sink, toilet and fixtures; and they swapped the toilet and sink position. They also installed bead board and painted both the bathroom and hallway.

Category ceramic tile, closet systems, drywall, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, plumbing, home remodeling, interior painters

05/02/2007

JOAN W.

The project manager is John Collier, and I liked him a lot. He was very knowledgeable and seemed like a very honest person. He invited my husband and I to take a look at a house he had built in our neighborhood. He met us there and showed us around and we were very impressed with the work. We especially liked the bathroom he had built.

Description of Work
He gave us a quote bathroom remodeling and demolishing. He gave us a quote for the labor only and said we should go out and buy the fixtures, tile and paint ourselves. He does very good work but was asking for over $13,000 for the labor. Since we don't have the time in our schedule to go out and shop for items that we're not familiar with we realized it would take us a long time to familiarize ourselves with the items on the market today. We realized that we would probably not get great buys on the things we had to choose. Although we knew he would do a good job eventually we decided it would cost too much money.

01/29/2007

KEN G.

Ace was the most responsive of several contractors interviewed, although not the cheapest. They worked well with the owner ahead of signing a contract, to get to a budgeted figure. For example, the owner did the demolition, stained the timbers, and a few other things to save cost. Ace started on the day they promised, and finished early. The foreman, Troy Ryder, was skilled in all elements of the work, and produced a quality project. They were also willing to give advice on other elements they weren't responsible for. Minor changes and extras were dealt with easily. I'd recommend this company highly.

Description of Work
Existing kitchen was gutted and the roof was removed to provide a higher ceiling. A new Roofed porch was added off the kitchen. Both rooms were built with ornamental wooden ceilings, to match detail in other parts of the 1930's vintage house. The porch ceiling was particularly difficult, using hand crafted western red cedar trusses from 8''x 10''stock, with edge bevels.

Category contractors, remodeling, roofing, interior painters

12/12/2006

LAWRENCE D.

NOT ONLY DID DAVID RYDER SHOW UP ON TIME, HE HAD A REPRESENTATIVE CALL OVER THE WEEKEND TO CONFIRM THE APPOINTMENT AND ALSO CALLED ME PRIOR TO ARRIVING TO VERIFY THE ADDRESS.

Description of Work
THIS WAS OUR INITIAL MEETING TO DISCUSS A COMPLETE GARAGE REMODEL.

10/04/2006

SUSAN P.

WOW - they don't come any more professional and they keep the cleanest worksite imaginable. They were able to quickly get the project done to meet the next round of subcontractors. I've had them bid on other work to be done but they are too expensive to use for that project. Their pricing seems to be very inconsistent - but they do great work!

Description of Work
They installed a steel and concrete support column.

12/09/2005

JAMES N.

Dave, Troy, and Dave's son Dave, are the nicest folks around and do impeccable work. Other than the major structural stuff, this was a "design as we go" job and we were living there during the work, not an ideal situation for a contractor (or us). This situation was discussed with Dave upfront, and despite the many opportunities for a job like this to get out of hand, the crews did their absolute best to keep us in the loop and work with us. Even though we were working with some unusual materials (steel floors in a kitchen) and doing a lot of customization "on the fly" ourselves as they worked the major stuff, these guys were always ready to provide advice on "how to" and keep us out of trouble - and then clean everything up every day like they were never there. This is pretty important when you're living in the work site with two dogs. I'm sure I paid more for this job than I "had to", but I'm also very sure I did not overpay given the quality and service Ace provided.

Description of Work
Major gut-out, and remodel of 1935 cottage style home, lots of engineering involved to repair structural damage, knocking out many interior walls, vault ceiling to roof, open attic to living room. Beautiful job on new vaulted beadboard ceiling. Ace also built a new 2 story building next to this one and joined the two buildings into one house, this 2-story job listed under category "Builders - Homes".

12/09/2005

JAMES N.

Dave, Troy, and Dave's son Dave, are the nicest folks around and do impeccable work. Other than the major structural stuff, this was a "design as we go" job and we were living there during the work, not an ideal situation for a contractor (or us). This situation was discussed with Dave upfront and despite the many opportunities for a job like this to get out of hand, the crews did their absolute best to keep us in the loop and work with us. Even though we were working with some unusual materials (rubber floors in a bathroom) and doing a lot of customization "on the fly" ourselves as they worked the major stuff, these guys were always ready to provide advice on "how to" and keep us out of trouble - and then clean everything up every day like they were never there. This is pretty important when you're living in the work site with two dogs. I'm sure I paid more for this job than I "had to", but I'm also very sure I did not overpay given the quality and service Ace provided.

Description of Work
Build 2 story master bedroom, office, garage building and connected it to an existing house. Demolish 2/3 of existing garage without wrecking the mother-in-law apartment out back. Build new building while still providing active water, plumbing, electric to apartment. Other than that, pretty straight-up job compared to other half of the project (see category ''Remodeling - General'', though we did make changes to the plan (roof design, bathroom layout) in progress which they handled without complaint. They were on site every single day doing work, sometimes on Saturdays, until the job was completed.

Category home builders

Pride Painting, LLC

Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime once you see our quality work. We're passionate about delivering an exceptional experience. When you hire us, you're hiring a team of professionals who are trained and skilled to deliver lasting value to your home. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We won't leave until the job is done right! Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

Black and White Contractors LLC

Branch of enterprise with more than 15yrs on market. Licensed and insured. We offer: Handyman services Pressure Cleaning Painting Flooring Interior remodeling

Sunrise Quality Painting Inc

Proudly painting Pinellas County since 1997. Angie's List business since 2006. Sunrise Quality Painting has been offering high, top quality painting and experienced painters. We paint interior/exterior of residential, commercial, and rental properties. We also offer wallpapering, wallpaper removal, popcorn removal, pressure cleaning, roof cleaning, Stucco repair, Gutter repair and replacement, Carpentry repair and woodwork, Drywall repairs, baseboards, crown molding, and other handyman services. No job is too small for our company. Insured and bonded. 10% discount for all Angie's List members. Please give us a call to set up an appointment at 727-744-3232

Award 2022
    Offers by Sunrise Quality Painting Inc on Angi
    ask for details
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

General Contractor, commercial and residential construction, room additions, garage conversions, detached garage, kitchen & bath remodeling, laudry room, general remodeling, carpentry, ceramic tile, flooring, hardwood flooring, closets, drywall, painting interior/exterior, plumbing, roofing, custom homes