Bay Area Fence Factory

Founded 1972 • With Angi since October 2000

As a 2017 Super Service Award Winner Bay Area Fence Factory, Inc. is a family owned & operated business. Serving our area since 1972. We strive to provide the highest quality fence products and services in the area. We use only the best materials from the best manufacturing companies in the fencing

fence company (142)driveway gate installation (15)dog fencing (2)iron work (1)

02/24/2020

Jack J.

It went great. I contacted them and they came out and gave me what I felt was a good price for the work I was requesting. They were sharp and no doubt that they knew exactly what I was wanting and fulfilled my wishes perfectly. The fence looked absolutely great enhancing the look of my property. The dogs love it and play for hours and I don't have to worry about them. They gave me a $100 discount for being a member of Angie's List which was very much appreciated. They also started constructing the fence and gates and had it completed in just one day. I am very happy with them and would not use any other fencing company for future jobs. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Back yard fenced for pets to run and play safely. Price included a 5' and a 6' gate

Category fencing, wrought iron

Cost $4,388.5

Work Completed On 02/17/2020

Thank you so much Mr. [Member Name Removed] for the nice review. I will let both the crew know how pleased you are with your fence. It was a pleasure working with you.

01/07/2020

Karen B.

I can't say enough good things about Bay Area Fence Factory. From the estimate visit by Bob Malina, to the actual project by Jeremy and his crew, everything was handled in a very timely, professional manner. The communication, attention to detail, and concern about customer satisfaction was excellent. I would highly recommend this company. They know how to do things right!

Description of Work
Removal of old wooden back yard fencing, and installation of new vinyl fencing

Work Completed On 01/07/2020

Thank you for the wonderful review and compliments. We strive to do exactly what you stated in your comments. If you are ever in need of further services for fence please call us. I will let both Bob and Jeremy know how pleased you are.

09/04/2019

Sherrie R.

Accidentally, fence railing got bent. This was a small job on original pool fencing. Bay Area Fence Factory stepped up to help us by researching, identifying, and installing new railing. Before the company's conscientious efforts to meet our needs, we had almost lost hope of fence being repaired. We are very grateful for Bay Area Fence Factory's efforts on our behalf and now have "like new" fencing around our pool. Without a doubt, we will reach out to them when it is time to replace or install new fencing. We highly recommend Bay Area Fence Factory!

Description of Work
Repair of fence railing and replace gravity latch

Work Completed On 09/04/2019

Thank you for the review and if you are ever in the need or anymore fencing projects we are here to help.

08/27/2019

Harvey S.

Our project was to remove and haul away old 6' fencing and install 104' of 6' pressure-treated Shadow Box fencing as well as repairing a small storm-damaged section and replacing a gate. Bay Area's Mike Salem responded almost immediately to my request for a bid and was able to meet our needs within two weeks while other fence companies I contacted were to far out in scheduling. Mike and his helpers were prompt, courteous and very efficient in getting the job completed in the time they quoted. Our total cost included hauling away all the debris that resulted from clearing the fence area as well as a considerable amount of non-project related trash. I would highly recommend Bay Area Fence Factory to others and plan to use them again when the need arises.

Description of Work
Fence Installation and Repair

Work Completed On 08/27/2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We greatly appreciate your information and I will make sure I forward your wonderful comments regarding our employee Mike to him. If your ever in the need of more fencing please contact us.

12/31/2018

Kel T.

The fence and the installation was excellent. The only issue was that when quoted it was not made clear that in order to get a fence level and with a small even gap underneath the ground must be dead level. This is not emphasized. It is a critical factor in a good outcome. Hence the B in professionalism. This is probably partially the fault of home owners who look only for the lowest price instead of the best value. I had to arrange a stump grinding company, at my cost, to come out and level where the old fence had been removed. Once this was done the fence went in flawlessly

Description of Work
Replace dilapidated timber fence with PVC fence

Work Completed On 01/10/2019

Yes, pvc vinyl fence does not lend itself to "trimming" along the bottom edge like vertical wood fence styles do. With vinyl fence panels, the bottom rail/stringer is the bottom of the fence panel, where as on vertical wood fence panels, the rail/stringer is up 6" which allows the pickets to be cut to the contours of an obstacle. We are glad you enjoy your new fence and will for years to come. We also would like to thank you for the job opportunity. Sincerely, Bay Area Fence Factory.

12/22/2018

James K.

did not go. Price was outrageous at about $30/foot.

Description of Work
fence and gate replacement

Work Completed On 12/22/2018

I have reviewed the quote and the price is reasonable for the type of fencing our salesman quoted which is our "in house" wood privacy fence. We do have a prefab wood privacy fence available at a cheaper price if interested please let us know and we will gladly quote. You are more than welcome to come to our shop and see the differences in the grades or our wooden fences.

09/20/2018

DANIEL H.

Gate was broken and being held together with duck tape. I called Bay Area Fence Factory and Mr. Steele came out to give me an estimate. He told me they could replace it using the same hinge placement but it would be slightly higher than the fence posts, which I did not care about. They called me a week later to tell me when they would be in the area and arrived early that morning. the two gentlemen who replaced the gate did a great job and it looks great. You can't tell that the gate is a little different from the fence.

Description of Work
Replace gate on vinyl fence

Work Completed On 09/20/2018

Thank you. If you ever have any more fencing needs please do not hesitate to call us. Have a wonderful weekend.

08/01/2018

Jenny M.

One of four companies vetted. Was third most expensive (Bravo was $30 more). Not BBB rated as others had been. Gerald C., salesperson, took more time than did others and did not make us feel as comfortable.

Description of Work
53 ft of 5' fencing and 1 gate installed ; style 'Alamo' (aluminum)

Work Completed On 10/19/2016

Unfortunately for us you are correct about the individual that represented our company. He came to us with a perfect resume and background check was impeccable. However, after being with us for a month we had to let him go for similar reasons that you are stating.

07/03/2018

David W.

Called and got an estimate within a week. Estimate was better than expected so gave the go-ahead. They were booked up for the next 2 months, but on the scheduled day arrived on time, got everything done quickly. Quite friendly, offered advice on maintaining the new fence. Excellent installation job!

Description of Work
Replace fence along rear of property

Work Completed On 05/15/2018

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. If you need anything else please give us a shout and remember you do have a two year parts and labor guarantee if anything might go awry.

05/05/2018

Patti S.

We received the quote on Feb 19, 2018. The install was scheduled Apr 23, 2018. The morning of, we were contacted stating the install was delayed because the crew didn't finish a weekend job. Two days later, the subcontractor Kenny showed up and proceeded to tell us the install wasn't going in as quoted, and was very rude, argumentative, and stated no-one should rely on the estimator. Against our gut reaction, we allowed his crew to proceed. Kenny attempted to drive his beat up truck into our yard which would've likely broken our irrigation lines. When we told him not to drive into our yard, he got pretty passed and let us know it. Finally his 2 workers unloaded the fence materials and Kenny left. The workers were hard working, polite and let us know of a few minor issues that arose. Late in the day, they discovered the fence gate needed to be returned to the shop to be modified. Kenny showed up to pick up the crew and the gate. Unfortunately we didn't see them load the packing debris nor the gate until a few minutes after they departed. We discovered Kenny had unloaded wood fencing debris from another job and left all our packing debris, empty water bottles, empty concrete bags, etc. The next morning we made several phone calls to the office, and Manager Dave wasn't concerned and wasn't responsive until we informed him that we would hire someone to remove the debris at their expense. Later a nice c e young man came and removed the debris and let us know this situation happens with Kenny all the time. Next, we were told that 2 days later (Fri) our gate would be installed, yet we were rescheduled to Sat. Sat morning we were told Kennys trailer had been impounded and we were rescheduled to Mon. Kenny and one worker showed up Monday and installed the gate, removed the debris and collected payment. Later that afternoon we discovered that a major irrigation line had been cut while one of the crew used a reciprocating saw to cut some of the post materials. We had our irrigation company show us the pipe and it was easy to see where and how it was cut, and was exactly where they were cutting the posts. We called the office again, but have not received any response. If you are looking for a fencing contractor, I'd suggest you look elsewhere. These folks (except the actual workers....the one's getting paid the least) are nasty to deal with and are not concerned about correcting problems THEY caused.

Description of Work
Install new pvc fence and gate

Work Completed On 04/30/2018

I have spoken with the customer and we have came to an amicable agreement to rectify her justified complaints.

05/02/2018

Chris W.

From estimate to completion less than a month. No major issues

Description of Work
Fence replacement

Work Completed On 03/01/2019

Thank you for the review and letting us help you with your fencing needs.

02/19/2018

Larry P.

Did excellent job installing. Job included removing stump and installing landscaping timbers against existing raised dirt hill. The first team that arrived didn't know about landscaping so they left. Next day right crew came but worked 1/2 day - 2 days in a row...

Description of Work
Remove old fence and replace with vinyl fence

Work Completed On 02/05/2018

Thank you for allowing us to take care of your fencing needs. Your business is very important to us. If we can be of further assistance please let us know.

01/31/2018

Alicia M.

Received a quote in March 2017 and company stood by quote after Irma in September 2017. Backlog of work had installation happen in January 2018. Work completed January 31, 2018 and is completely beautiful! Installation was very professional and to detail of property lines as they were in question on all sides of my property. Great work!

Description of Work
PVC Fencing

Work Completed On 01/31/2018

Review for Bay Area Fence Factory - 925 Harbor Lake Ct, Safety Harbor, FL - 36797240

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your kind review.

01/15/2018

Gary S.

The installation of the fence/gate was done a month earlier than originally quoted, so happy with that. Was not happy with how the fence was installed, plus the workers did not clean up the area after they were completed. Very unhappy with the quality gate installed. Just 4 months after being installed, it has warped badly. I don't know if it is due to a poor quality gate or a bad installation.

Description of Work
Installation of a fence/gate to close off the entrance to my back yard. The fence/gate spanned about an 8' gap.

Work Completed On 01/12/2018

Review for Bay Area Fence Factory - 925 Harbor Lake Ct, Safety Harbor, FL - 37041180

We did not know that the gate warped. The customer has a two year parts and labor guarantee and if he would of contacted our office we could of taken care of this. I had an employee go by the property and the gate is warped which is something that we can't control with wood fencing. I have an order in to build a new gate and we are replacing the warped gate the week of May 28, 2018. It is under warranty as the contract the customer signed states.

01/13/2018

Paul K.

The fence is top quality but what knocked off my socks is the steel tubular steel frame on the 40 inch wide gates. These gates will not sag! The work foreman asked questions about my preferences every time there was an option rather just charging ahead. Cleanup was excellent. The overall experience far exceeded my expectations.

Description of Work
replaced about 100 feet of cypress shadow box fence with 3 gates

Work Completed On 12/13/2017

Thank you so much for your kind words. We greatly appreciate your business.

12/13/2017

DANIEL H.

Contacted them after storm but because they were, understandably, inundated with calls, it took until December for them to come out to replace the fence. They always kept me updated as to the status of when they would be out to do the replacement. the crew did a great job and the new fence looks great. Felt they were a little pricey though.

Description of Work
Had partial fence replaced that was damaged during hurricane Irma in September 2017

Work Completed On 12/12/2017

Thank you for your patience and the nice review Mr. [Member Name Removed].

12/02/2017

Eric A.

Work was done quickly and professionally. They are not the cheapest but the quality of the fence is way better than you would get at a box store.

Description of Work
Had repairs made to fence which was blown down my Hurricane Irma. Needed about 10 new fence sections, posts, and a new gate. Work was done quickly and professionally. They are not the cheapest by the quality of the fence is way better than you would get at a box store.

Work Completed On 11/17/2017

Thank you for your kind review. It means a lot to us.

10/30/2017

Patricia M.

Mike, Victory & Edgar showed up on time, very polite, did a nice job & made sure I was happy with the finished Fence. The Crew Cleaned up the work area every day.

Description of Work
Took down & hauled away my old fencing, Replaced with New.

Work Completed On 10/30/2017

10/23/2017

Maxine T.

Perfectly. The team was polite, timely, very experienced, and they did a great job. They were even able to do the job 3 weeks ahead of the original appointment. They cleaned up and took all the old fencing that the county was supposed to pick up. Very happy and it looks spectacular.

Description of Work
44ft of 6ft vinyl fencing with one gate

Work Completed On 10/19/2017

Review for Bay Area Fence Factory - 925 Harbor Lake Ct, Safety Harbor, FL - 36462664

Thank you [Member Name Removed].

10/16/2017

Donna R.

Excellent job. Professional, timely, reasonable price.

Description of Work
fence repair of old fence, fence removal on one side of house, and new fence and gate installation.

Work Completed On 10/16/2017

10/08/2017

Barbara B.

Everyone from the initial visit from Jeff for the estimate, Amanda at the office, and the install team (Craig, John, and David) were extremely pleasant to work with and professional. We went with Bay Area Fence Factory based on the reviews here on Angie's List and the focus on Customer requirements and satisfaction.

Description of Work
New Vinyl Fence installed and old wooden fence hauled away.

Work Completed On 10/04/2017

10/04/2017

Art R.

Not good. I called around to get some free estimates from several different company's one of which was Bay Area Fencing. Note all the company's were contacted on or within a day of each other. while each of the company's stressed do to the storm they were very busy all of them with the exception of Bay Area came within 2 weeks to give an estimate free of charge. To be fair my wife did receive a call from Bay Area two days after i reached out to them saying they were very busy but to expect a call within several days from one of their techs to set up an appointment. Well two weeks went buy and no call. So i used Angie's List to contact them again asking for a appointment on Sept. 29th. As of today i still haven't heard from them although my wife received a one second hang up phone call that same day. i guess so they could say they called even though they did not bother to leave a message. This was the first time i used Angie's List. I am so glad i did the free one before paying for this service. They are very unprofessional on how they handled this situation. By the way they are in my service area per their website as i checked before i even called them. Angie gave them a A ratings so i thought we would take a chance n them boy was i wrong.

Description of Work
I need a total privacy fence replacement do to hurricane Irma. Around 1900 sq. ft.