All-Around Handyman Service

Founded 2004 • With Angi since February 2010

17589 Corkwood Bend Trl

Punta Gorda, FL 33982

• 2016 Super Service Award Winner - 3rd Consecutive Year! • Locally Owned & Operated, All-Around Handyman Service Specializes in Residential Handyman & Remodeling Services • Proudly Serving Litchfield & Fairfield Counties for Almost 15 Years! - Fully Licensed & Insured • We offer a Range of

02/18/2020

Dawn G.

Company is great. Listened to what I wanted, which was a lot and provided each service exactly as I wanted. Remodeled and moved appliances, added tiles, ordered and put in cabinets. Needed no one else to come in. Was all done by this company!! My kitchen is perfect now. Thank you David!!!!

Description of Work
Total remodel of the kitchen

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, home remodeling

02/17/2020

ruth K.

As usual, David arrives on time, has all the materials needed, works without supervision and completes the job in a timely manner. David has been our “go to” handyman for a number of years. He is extremely reliable and honest. I would proudly recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
Curtain rod hung, hole in bathroom ceiling repaired, bathroom ceiling painted, add railing brackets and brought down approximately 20 large plastic tubs from the attic.

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters

02/03/2020

Leslie P.

Excellent! The deck was planned and added promptly and was even better than originally planned! David made valuable suggestions and was able to complete the project in a timely and professional manner. I will use him and his company again whenever and wherever possible. He provided safer steps as I requested and a gate for my little dog. We were in constant communication and I knew what was happening even when I could not be there. It was a completely exceptional experience. See the "before and after" pictures included in this review!

Description of Work
Needed a large deck added to my cottage

Category decks, handyman service, woodworking, doors

02/03/2020

Kathleen F.

Great, David was very professional throughout entire job. He listened to my idea drew up plans and estimate was very affordable and within my budget . He is a true craftsman. He also installed new windows and a slider door going on to the deck which really looks great. Yes I certainly will recommend David from All Around Handyman Service for future work.

Description of Work
New 10 by 18 deck added and joined to existing deck on cabin .in addition new replacement windows installed and slider door installed .

Category decks, handyman service, replacement windows, woodworking, interior painters

01/29/2020

Judith C.

It was perfect! Everything that we have talked about was there, I didn't have to question anything. In my opinion, it was well built, and it looked good.

Description of Work
He gave me an outside deck on a bungalow.

Category decks

10/22/2019

ralph A.

Busted mail box and adjacent area. Did very well. punctual, too. . Called on time and was very responsive. Will use again.

Description of Work
carpentry on mailbox and post.

Category handyman service, woodworking

04/22/2019

Mount Riga I.

Very satisfied with the quality of work and level of professionalism.

Description of Work
Repair holes in walls and paint. Also installed hard wood flooring.

Category drywall, flooring contractor, interior painters

04/09/2019

Jennie T B.

In Sept 2017 I gave David $2415 (estimate was $4815) to get materials, dumpster, etc...usual 50% to replace my porch roof. Winter came & went with no porch roof. When I tried to cancel in the Summer of 2018 he told me I couldn't get my money back because the roofing was specially made for my roof. I asked him to let me have the roofing (or at least the invoice) so I could get it done before the winter. He kept putting me off until I finally gave up and asked a lawyer to get involved. He has IGNORED the lawyer's letter and a subsequent letter sent via certified mail was unclaimed. I notice he's changed his phone number (used to be 203-948-3912) and he's taken down his website (used to be aahs123.com). I also noticed that he let his home improvement license (HIC.0612397) expire as of 11/30/2018. BE VERY CAREFUL WITH HIM.

Description of Work
install metal shingles on porch roof

Category handyman service

I would like to explain the issue that a had, i had to go in for emergency open heart surgery and was not able to work for over 6 months, how ever i did return the customers deposit. ( $2415.00 ) and just a little not, i have done numerous projects with this customer for years. Thank You David

08/04/2018

Gail K.

Stain on deck looks beautiful. The test will be how long it lasts.

Description of Work
Stain deck

Category decks, handyman service

08/02/2018

Tara L.

David did excellent work. He showed up on time, completed the project when he said he would and his prices are very fair.

Description of Work
Deck rebuild

Category decks, handyman service

01/19/2018

Kathleen V.

He could not find a time to come, so at this point I would like my 79 returned. He trie 2 different times which were not good for me and never responded again. Not sure of last contact date..I brought the patio furniture in by myself and had someone else take the air conditioners out.

Description of Work
wanted patio furniture taken in and to have air conditioners taken out

Category handyman service

I'm sorry but we just could not get our schedules to match. I will refund your money. David

01/11/2018

Flavia K.

the shelves he installed have to be re-done, they are not very secure, also he did not have the proper tools to install the shelves ready to go, he had to use my husbands tools to get it done

Description of Work
I needed shelves installed in a new closet

Category handyman service

I did this project back in October of 2016 and i have not heard from the customer of any problems with the shelf's , i would have repaired the problem if i had known about it. David

12/01/2017

REBECCA F.

David was very communicative and because we needed so much done the work was split into a few phases/estimates. He showed up on time and did a quality job each day and was really great to have around - we really felt comfortable with him by the end, such a personable guy! I was very impressed with his ability to work us into his busy schedule considering we had a very extensive job and he probably had a lot of other customers calling. David did such a good job we had him complete a few extra projects (custom shelves, wine rack) to get our house ready to sell. I look forward to hiring him in the future if a need comes up and would recommend him to anyone needing the same wide array of services/skills we were asking for. David is truly an "all around handyman"!

Description of Work
We bought a farmhouse as a foreclosure and after doing as much as we could do, we realized we needed a lot of extra help on getting it ready to be in selling condition. There were countless odds and ends that needed to be finished up from a previous remodel that were left undone - drywall repair, painting, trim work, staining stairs, finishing a bathroom, etc.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

09/19/2016

priscilla C.

david arrived most days by 10 am, we thought that was a late start. one gutter is leaking and one is falling off and the tilt is wrong. when he did the back deck bannisters, he designed the steps poorly, too high, so we asked him to redo 1 set of stairs. when we got to the front porch steps, the steps he put in are different heights, he did not finish the top of the pillars so water can get in, I understand wood has imperfections like holes or cutouts but David did not choose to put the less perfect wood on the backside or less conspicuous spots i.e there are 2 entryway wood bannisters, one has a huge gash in it...it could have been turned around or put elsewhere. 3 of the 8 brand new steps had crack lines in them. we asked David to return to fix the gutters and top of the pillars about 4 months ago, he just keeps saying, he'll stop by.

Description of Work
gutters on 2 buildings, redo of large deck bannisters and 2 new sets of steps, large new front porch with new steps

Category decks, gutter repair, woodworking

Please note that the project that is mentioned was actually two separate jobs. I completed the first job in which I installed stairs, railings and support posts on the customers back deck along with the installation of gutters to a small room in the back of the house. The customer told me that they loved the work and hired me back eight weeks later to do a second project. The second project was to remove old railings and steps and to install new posts, stairs, decking and railing. After the completion of the second project the customer told me they absolutely loved it. In regards to showing up at 10am, I never give any of my customers and actual start time because I am never sure how long it will take to get the material and supplies I need for any given day. If I tell a customer that I am going to be at there house at a particular time I will be there or I will call. I purchase all of my lumber from a lumber yard which has a better quality of wood than the local hardware or big box stores. Wood is a natural product and does crack. So I would not have any control over that. I am sorry that you are so unhappy with the work that was performed. David

09/11/2016

Daniel B.

excellent. Old mailbox and post was dug out and removed, new one set up and assembled with poured concrete in better location. Very smooth setup.

Description of Work
removal of old mailbox and post, installation and building of new large mailbox and post

Category contractors, handyman service, woodworking

09/05/2016

Steven O.

Dave is very meticulous at his work. Easy to talk to and will explain description of work to be perform in laymen terms if necessary. I should note the installation of the storm/screen porch door was not included in the original statement of work. I asked Dave during his break if he wouldn’t mind checking if the door was in stock and if he can perform the job while he was on site. Dave did not hesitate, door was in stock and Dave purchased and installed the same day which meant staying later than planned. I would hire All Around Handyman Service again for future projects.

Description of Work
(1) Remove outside wood trim around garage doors and replace with PVC trim, (2) deck and side garage door remove brick molding door frame and replace with PVC, (3) purchase and install Anderson 32" storm/screen door for deck , (4) purchase and install Anderson 36" storm/screen door for front porch.

Category garage doors, handyman service, doors

08/25/2016

Heather V.

Fantastic. David was on time and pleasant to work with. He was knowledgable and prepared with tools to do the jobs. Will absolutely have him back to do more work at our home. It's such a relief to find a handyman you can trust. Everything looks and works great.

Description of Work
Hung 5 pendant lights, fixed two doors that stuck, cauked a bathtub, troubleshot bathroom issues (shower door and jetted bath).

Category handyman service, lighting

08/22/2016

Melnda K.

Great. He worked fast and effectively!

Description of Work
Various- plumbing, electrical, carpentry

08/12/2016

Melnda K.

Great. He worked fast and effectively!

Description of Work
Various plumbing to electrical to carpentry

Category contractors, electrician, handyman service, plumbing, woodworking

08/12/2016

Melnda K.

Great! It looks good and was applied better than our professional painter did in the past.

Description of Work
Power wash and restrain large deck

Category handyman service, deck cleaning, interior painters

07/16/2016

Orin W.

Overall excellent work. Punctual, professional, and pleasant. Very good communication. Fair and reasonable pricing. Well equipped for renovation, finishing and detail work. Great suggestions. The highest recommendation.

Description of Work
Complete refinishing of master suite including bedroom, bath, and closet. Project included new sheetrock walls/ceilings, durock/RedGard on bath walls and floor, porcelain tile cutting and installation, window trim, closet shelves and priming/painting.

Category ceramic tile, closet systems, drywall, handyman service, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

03/02/2016

alison G.

David was quick to respond to my initial request and had excellent availability. He showed up on time (15 minutes early, in fact!) and was friendly and professional! He did a great job and was very efficient. We will definitely be using David again. Bonus: he loves dogs!

Description of Work
Hung art, shelves, decorative hooks, a curtain rod...

11/30/2015

Ann G.

David was fantastic, with new baby on the way, we needed increased storage. David provided a free estimate and started the project in two weeks time. He was very clear about what days and times he would be able to come and was flexible with our schedules as well. David understood we has a short time window to complete this project and was extremely pleasant and professional every step of the way. We would definitely recommend and work with David again.

Description of Work
Installed half closet. Framed two walls in bathroom closet, new sheetrock on walls and ceiling, sand, prime, paint and install adjustable shelves.

Category closet systems, drywall, handyman service, interior painters

11/25/2015

Brian M. S.

David is a friendly, knowledgable guy who has a love for what he does. My wife and I had several projects that we had interviewed a few handymen for and weren't even close to saying yes due to the way they presented themselves not due to price- we have booked David as we both agreed he was a true professional that we would trust. I'll update after completion but expect a nice smooth project.

Description of Work
Measured for several projects,walked us through the process and spent valuable time going over a game plan.

10/10/2015

Suzanne M.

Dave was WONDERFUL to work with and reliable. He is personable and arrived quickly to give free estimates, gave accurate work start and completion time frames, did the work we discussed and more we added on. He always showed up on time and took his time to do the work to our satisfaction. We made a few changes along the way, which were handled beautifully. We hired Dave to do a small job initially and liked his work so much that we had him come back to do the larger project. His demeanor is relaxed and friendly, which makes him a pleasure to work with. We whole-heartedly recommend Dave and would definitely contact him for future jobs.

Description of Work
Replaced attic stairs, replaced door locks, enlarged opening between dining room and kitchen, floor repair, trim work and painting.

Category contractors, flooring contractor, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters, doors