A & J Appliance Repair Service

Founded 1962 • With Angi since October 2010

SERVICE TODAY - 24 Hour Emergency Service. We Service All Makes And Models. Additional Storefront Locations: Martin County: 6526 S kanner highway suite #194 Stuart Fl, 34997, Indian River County :5976 20th St Suite #118 Vero Beach , Florida 32966........

A Service Provider's profile image

4.4

4.3

appliance repair (173)dryer vent cleaning (7)small appliance repair (6)

09/08/2022

Ben & Diane G.

He came the same day we called him. He have the part so he worked for it for 45 minutes. It was wonderful. He cleaned the coil for free. He was so knowledgable and friendly. I have some pieces that I wanted to replace and he ordered the part for me. They were reliable and came when they said they would.

Description of Work
He fixed refrigerator.

Work Completed On 09/07/2022

08/25/2022

Kathy D.

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY!! A service technician came to our home and diagnosed a faulty part and required me to pre pay for the part, in which I did. He said the part would take 3-5 days to come in. After 4 long months of trying to get them to come back to my home to make the repair (after numerous phone calls, unanswered messages and texts) I finally contacted the BBB for assistance with getting my money back for the part I paid for. After going back and forth, they continued to lie about everything and never offered to refund the money I paid them for the part. I have given up because you can’t win with a company that has no regard for the truth. This has been the worst experience I have ever had with a Service company.

Description of Work
Refrigerator repair

Work Completed On 08/25/2022

The part was on back order and you were refunded back your money,, What’s the issue.

01/07/2022

Bryan H.

Our experience has been terrible. They came on October 18, 2021 to work on our dishwasher which is only three years old. We were told is was the motherboard, wrote a check for $310.00 for parts and labor. When the board finally came in, so we were told, it was installed and still did not work. Vincent, the technician, said the new board was defective but there was probably one other part he could order that might make it work. Told it would be about two to three weeks. This is last we heard. We have been ask to send a copy of the invoice twice ,if not three times, so they could get things straightened out. We have sent a new copy each time requested. I have left voicemails, as has my wife, repeatedly but no resolution. Vincent even wrote on the invoice to refund us 220 dollars minus the service charge at one point but that was weeks ago. We have been lied to or ignored through this whole process. I would not recommend them to anyone!

Description of Work
Dishwasher repaired/only 3yrs old

Work Completed On 10/18/2021

The money was refunded. If there is an issue call the office

12/07/2021

Joe M.

Vincent was sent out took a 300 deposit for a job that was quoted 375 to repair. Was told he needed to order a part.. after 3 or 4 excuses and terrible customer service. We decided to cancel the service and ask for a deposit refund. Was advised it will take 5-7 business days . Two weeks later they still have our money and don't respond to called .. thieves and liars please do your self a huge favor do not use this company!

Description of Work
Freezer needed repair

Work Completed On 12/06/2021

It was explained to the customer the part was on back order also the office was closed for two weeks due to a Covid outbreak we told this customer if he can find the boot on Amazon will come and install it. A&J BUYS all parts direct from the factory it was also explain to this customer that he’s getting a refund back minus the service call so I don’t understand what the confusion is on his END,,, It was clearly explain to him

01/17/2021

Elise B.

Repairman came and recommended resealing around the icemaker so it would stop freezing up. Also, recommended replacing the gasket on the door of the upright freezer. He came back a week later (Nov 20th) and resealed the icemaker and said if that didn't fix the problem call him and he would come back. He also replaced the gasket on the upright freezer. Results = the ice maker is still freezing up and the upright freezer is icing up more than it was before he replaced the gasket. I I waited until after Christmas to call them back to let them know that the icemaker is still freezing up and the technician (Vincent) immediately started complaining that I had waited so long to call him and let him know that the icemaker was still freezing up. He said at least five times that he wished I had not waited so long to call him back and I explained that I was waiting until the holidays were over and that the time that had passed proved that the problems were not corrected and I just needed the refrigerator and freezer fixed. He said he would have to charge me for the sealant etc. that he would have to use to fix the problem. I told him OK as long as the problem is taken care of. He told me that he would stop by the next afternoon (Dec 31st) late and take care of it. He did not show up nor did he call to let me know he couldn't come. I called back the Monday after New Years (after that holiday) and he asked me to let him call me back in 10 minutes. I said OK but he did not call me back. I have called the company a number of times and left messages and it is now January 17th, 2021 and I still have not heard from them. I am upset that they charged me to fix these problems and then failed to make things right. They not only have ignored my calls and requests, they lied to me. I am also going to report them to the Better Business Bureau.

Description of Work
Refrigerator Ice maker freezing up not making ice cubes and the standalone upright freezer was icing up on the inside.

Cost $325.5

Work Completed On 11/25/2020

The Gasket torn hanging off,let’s be honest Ice maker frosted up frozen ,,,,other services were performed, if there’s a problem,,WHY DONT YOU THE CUSTOMER CALL THE OFFICE,,YOU DID NOT,

11/26/2020

gary S.

It turned out that the original repair service that was called mis-diagnosed what was wrong with the dishwasher. This other repair service even ordered a supposed part that we paid for and waited to have shipped for weeks, when we kept inquiring as to where the part was and when the service would be performed we were at a loss. So we decided to contact A&J appliance repair Tony Mineo and crew and they came out literally the next day to check the Dishwasher and diagnose and confirmed that the previous repair company did not diagnose the issue correctly and offered us the correct advice to resolve the issue. Thanks to A&J we were able to bring about a resolution to the matter quickly and efficiently, I recommend this company to anyone looking to have their Appliances repaired.

Description of Work
Needed to have a dishwasher diagnosed for repair and possibly order parts to replace for repair.

Work Completed On 11/26/2020

11/23/2020

Thomas K.

It took a week to get the part before it could be installed .

Description of Work
Install heating element fir dryer

Work Completed On 11/18/2020

10/08/2020

Erica P.

Incredibly well. Tony is a saint and he's very honest. He wanted to trouble shoot over the phone first before having to come out. He was very generous and didn't want to have to charge me if he could help me fix the problem. Because he was so kind I actually wanted to pay him for his time. Anyway, he told me what to check and how to trouble shoot and I was able to fix the fridge by myself. I highly recommend hiring this company, and I have already suggested A&J Applicance Repair Service to several people in my development!

Description of Work
Refrigerator

Work Completed On 10/08/2020

08/04/2020

Debbie P.

Great,Tony the owner came out personally diagnose the issue and fix the problem properly, It was a bad fuse , While he was here I asked him to look at my dishwasher because it wasn’t draining all the water out completely .it was a simple fix the disposal was causing the issue,The drain Was clogged where The water comes out into the garbage disposal . he fixed it for free and didn’t charge me.

Description of Work
Dryer service,not drying cloths

Work Completed On 08/04/2020

08/03/2020

Philip B.

On Friday, my wife made an appointment with Tony to come to our home on Monday to repair our LG washer which wasn’t draining properly. We called A@J because they had serviced our washer once before. She called A & J’s number several times over the weekend to confirm the appointment for Monday afternoon around 3:00 because she has to drive me to the hospital every day for a two hour session starting around 11:30. Tony finally returned her phone calls this evening. He told her he had not scheduled her, although when she talked to him on Friday, he said he had. He told her the technician would come between 3:00 and 5:00, but that if he came at 2:00 and we weren’t there, he would just leave. She tried to explain to him that we had no control over how long my procedure at the hospital took, and that it was possible we could be delayed so we weren’t home by two. He said he wasn’t interested if we couldn’t agree to be home by 2:00, even though his service window was 3:00 to and rudely hung up the phone on her.

Description of Work
washing machine repair

Work Completed On 08/02/2020

Your wife is not being truthful . FIRST LETS GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT,ALL PHONE CONVERSATIONS ARE RECORDED,YOUR WIFE SET UP SEVERAL APPOINTMENTS,CANCELED THEM FINALLY CALLED BACK TO RE-SCHEDULE SET A TIME FOR WEDNESDAY AUGUST 5th 11-3pm ; Called back said the time won’t work GAVE a new time TRYING to accommodate her, GAVE A NEW TIME BETWEEN 2pm-6:00pm Which was agreed on.THEN THE WIFE Said that she won’t be back or may be back AT THE HOUSE Around 3:30-4:00 pm. Told her the time is between 2-6pm the technician will call before he’s on his way .T O N Y Told the wife ,said to her more than likely he’ll be there between 2 and 4 PM she said that won’t work ,she started to get rude and telling me all about her problems with her husband, Tony said that’s the best time I can do to accommodate her if not to call another company TOLD HER if my technician gets there at 2 o’clock he will not wait two hours that’s why we give A WINDOW explain to her SEVERAL TIMES ,sometimes The technician runs ahead of schedule sometimes he run behind schedule but that’s why we give a window.. So we fall in that time that is set She got upset and told me she was going to call another company. Like I said from the beginning all conversations are recorded her exact words were that she was going to call another company Tony said thank you and have a great day, I said from the beginning all conversations are recorded and SAVED for 35 days..... Just a reminder the truth always comes out in the end thank you

06/13/2020

Orlando R.

These guys are super honest and amazing. They have helped us for the second time and are super efficient and integral. I highly recommend them because honesty and integrity go a very long way.

Description of Work
Dead Electric Stove

Work Completed On 06/13/2020

04/11/2020

Debbie P.

Service was awesome , had another company out there before A&J Decided to get a second opinion , A&J came out to fix my refrigerator it was a simple fix, and when he was here I ask the technician if he could look at my dryer , he said no problem ,he didn’t even charge me ,it was the knob it was stripped and he fixed it , The owner answered all my Questions,and was very friendly and Honest upfront basically told me what the fees were and told me it seemed like it was not going to be an expensive repair ,The technician was super Marcus did an awesome job , I would highly recommend this company

Description of Work
Repair on my refrigerator

Work Completed On 04/10/2020

04/09/2020

Sandra S.

Terrible! Paid way too much and owners were extremely rude when trying to straighten it out. Do not use these people.

Description of Work
Refrigerator repair

Category small appliance repair

Work Completed On 04/09/2020

The customer IS NOT being honest , cost of the repair was $465.00 +TAX she had a control touch pad board and main board installed ,parts alone COST WAS $347.00 LABOR WAS $118.00 . All of this was explained to the customer and the amount was explain to the customer , if she had an issue why didn’t she not tell us do not repair it ,That was three weeks ago she called up and said it wasn’t getting cold enough technician went out there no CHARGE ,told her nothings wrong with the unit , customer then called Frigidaire . Frigidaire went out there and told her there’s nothing wrong with the refrigerator , The customer calls us back on April 7 asking for a partial refund I told the customer your joking aren’t you ,she told me no and if I don’t give her a refund she’s going to write me a bad review on Angie’s list I told her go ahead do what you have to do,All I can say is one thing THIS CUSTOMER IS not being truthful and not an honest person, looking to get something for free.LETS recap the customer has a working refrigerator and one say Refund sounds a little fishy wouldn’t you say .

02/17/2020

Peter J.

Great. Technician efficient and polite.

Description of Work
Dryer repair

Work Completed On 02/13/2020

01/31/2020

Carol P.

Very well. Excellent service, good price

Description of Work
Refrigerator repair

Work Completed On 01/21/2020

11/27/2019

Kathi B.

Lets say not well. Had out maybe 6 times. Prices were terrible as he has one guy for sub zero driving 2 hours to get there.

Description of Work
Freon for 2 refridgerators and freezer had issue.

Work Completed On 11/27/2019

All I could say is let’s be honest and tell the truth your refrigerator is working correct ,, this customer had multiple multiple issues she forgot to leave out that it was worked on by other companies before , if there were such an issue why don’t you call the office direct and speak to the owner you also left out that we worked on three other units that are also working ,

11/03/2019

Mary M.

I am writing this to warn anyone from using A& J Appliance!!!!! I got their name from your list and what a mistake that was. At the initial service call they said a part was needed and they would need to come back as they didn’t have it on their truck (a very common part).Two days later an appointment was made for 5pm and the technician arrived almost 2 hours late and installed that part….but that did not fix the problem. They arrived almost 2 hours late again the next day and now realized they had misdiagnosed the problem and another part was needed, which should have been noticed right away as the piece that was damaged was right in the front of the refrigerator. The same technician was extremely rude and unapologetic for his mistake. Two days later the new part was installed and the technician left without cleaning up his mess or apologizing for his mistake. The refrigerator still does not work properly after almost $300 of repairs. I would DEFINITELY not recommend this company to anyone …as they are extremely unprofessional, rude and incompetent. Please do not use them on Angie’s List if you value your reputation.

Description of Work
Refrigerator repair

Work Completed On 10/25/2019

The refrigerator is working you never called the office and you’re looking to get a refund ,, typical customer not completely being truthful , you were a little rude to the technician , either your refrigerator is working or it’s not you even said it was working , Second we don’t give exact times we GIVE 4 Hour windows and you’re in possible to arrange a time , THANK YOU

09/12/2019

HOLLY P.

I'm a first time user and read a lot of reviews some bad but mostly good. I took a chance on A and J Appliance and so glad I did!! Tony was awesome and got his tech Cory out the same day to take a look at my dryer. Parts were ordered and were to arrive on Friday August 30th. Well Hurricane Dorian came and postponed the repair but Cory called me on Tuesday and came out to replace the heating element. Will definitely call them again and recommend them to all my friends and family. Thank you Tony and Corry!!! One happy customer :) Holly Posadas

Description of Work
HEATING ELEMENT IN DRYER

Work Completed On 09/03/2019

08/10/2019

Alex G.

I ended up getting a piece I never needed and was overcharged for the piece. The very next day when I went to wash my clothes the machine didn't work and it was twice as worse. I called to ask for a refund, which he agreed to, but then a few hours later a texted a bs story why he couldn't give me a refund. I would never use this service again and wouldn't recommend this service to anyone.

Description of Work
I needed a gear case for my washing machine.

Cost $225.35

Work Completed On 07/26/2019

Complete lie , let's tell the truth , If you were so upset you should've called the office and you never called , You wait almost 3 weeks to complain to Angie's list ,You were charged a service call liar

07/27/2019

Karen G.

Serviceman decides I needed a lock. After 2 locks were installed he de ides it was more than the lock, it was the computer board. Recommended I purchase a new washer. After new washer was installed, one time we got same error code. Replaced circuit breaker seemed to correct problem. Wondering if really needed new washer.

Description of Work
Washer was locked.

Work Completed On 07/19/2019

Please let's tell the truth , sounds A little fishy if you bought a new unit is still under warranty ,, you left out the issue that your switch was broken someone pride up the top

02/07/2019

David B.

Marcus, the Tech, was excellent. Did and excellent job and has a lot of Knowledge!

Description of Work
Frig not cooling like it should

Cost $79.95

Work Completed On 02/07/2019

Thank you and I appreciate your response back most of the time it's the ones THAT LIE AND WANT THINGS DONE FOR FREE, They threaten us to write bad reviews ,A&J doesn't give in to threats, We are a family owned and operated company which STRIVES and TRIES to GIVE the best service that we can possibly do FOR THE CUSTOMER THANK YOU,

02/03/2019

Ormand S.

It was done in a timely manner, being the fact we had to wait for the part, which took a couple of days.

Description of Work
Refrigerator repar

Work Completed On 02/03/2019