Allied Air Conditioning & Heating

Founded 1985 • With Angi since April 2006

8628 Rees Street

Port Richey, FL 34668

At Allied Air Conditioning & Heating, we are dedicated to providing excellent air conditioning and heating services to Pasco, Pinellas, and Hernando. Since 1985, Allied has been proud to deliver superior quality HVAC services and maintenance to our local communities. Our full-service company specializes in quality HVAC installations and expert service and repair on all makes and models of heating and cooling systems....

09/29/2020

Mary B.

Jamie was not only excellent but cheerful and informative about how to take care of the a/c. He was helpful, energetic and thorough. The best a/c repair guy that ever came to fix our a/c system. He not only did the work but explained everything and went the extra mile and came to help at an off time as we had no a/c! EXCELLENT!

Description of Work
clear the drain pans and the pvc pipe leading to the drain pan

06/23/2020

TED F.

They're honest, they do good work and they stand behind their work, I have been using their service for 35 years already.

Description of Work
regular check & maintenance of the Air-conditioning system

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Mr [Member Name Removed], we appreciate your loyalty of so many years. You are such nice and friendly people, and we hope we live up to your kind words. Thank You so much and Best Wishes !

08/15/2019

Suzanne A.

They were punctual. The man who came out was very knowledgeable and very easy to talk with. I have been always happy with their work.

Description of Work
Preventive maintenance check on my HVAC system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank You for the kind review, very much appreciated !

10/25/2018

kathleen J.

Great checked and serviced running Great now. Unit is over 12 years old so was expecting to hear I need a new one,but they cleaned it and made some adjustments and its working Great . Lovely people /company to deal with .

Description of Work
A-C checked not runnibg

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank You for the nice review, Best Wishes !

10/24/2018

Harry L.

It took them two days to complete the job. They did a very good job and worked hard to complete the job. They cleaned up after themselves and were very professional.

Description of Work
Complete AC unit replaced in my home

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Many Thanks for the review ! Yes, we weren't expecting the difficulty we encountered and appreciate your patience on taking the extra time to complete the job. Wishing you many years of comfort with your new system !

08/03/2018

TED F.

They are very honest and they do not try to sell anything I do not need.

Description of Work
I have a contract with them for maintenance and they come out twice a year.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank You for the great review, much appreciated and Best Wishes to you and Family !

08/03/2018

TED F.

I have been using them for around 35 years now because they are very honest.

Description of Work
They did a maintenance on my system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank You again ! We appreciate your long term patronage and Best of Luck !

06/09/2018

Richard C.

They showed up on time, did a good job, cleaned up after themselves and check back on the unit. I was very happy with them

Description of Work
They put in a new Ac unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Your kind review is much appreciated, we hope you have many years of solid comfort with your new system. Thank You !

02/23/2018

John H.

Very well. Technicians were professional and knowledgeable. They actually left the job-site cleaner than it was when they got here! Great company to work with.

Description of Work
Replacement of upstairs a/c unit

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We appreciate your taking the time to review us. Yes, isn't it maddening when you pay a company a lot of money and then they leave a big mess for you to clean ? We try our best to avoid doing that. Thank You !

01/05/2018

Justin H.

We called about a clunking sound followed by a burning smell that occurred last night. We have had the heat on the past several days so we knew it wasn't "that" smell when switching from AC to heat. We called this afternoon (we're new to the area so this was the first time we needed an AC guy) and within an hour Zach was at our door!! Super impressed with how fast they got here especially since I was nervous running the heat for fear of starting a fire. Zach asked a few questions, looked at the unit and explained exactly what he thought the issue was. He was even able to get the unit to make the same sound we had heard last night. When he found out we were member's of Angie's list he mentioned that they have a coupon. We were able to go on and purchase the coupon right then. Super easy, super friendly and left us super impressed. Will definitely call them for future needs!!

Description of Work
Burning smell after clunking sound when heat kicked on.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank You for the review, glad we could help. Best Wishes !

10/05/2017

Ted V.

very well; all work was done promptly, professionally and to my satisfaction.

Description of Work
service on 10-year old HVAC unit

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank You for the nice review and Best Wishes !

09/19/2017

BRIAN M.

I couldn't be happier!!! First they sold me the correct A/C for my house...bigger isn't always better...(who knew?!)...They saved me over $2000.00 over the competition...They were on time and very professional... I had a cool house in just 3.5 hours..as I'm writing this review they called to check coolant level(ALL PART OF THE SERVICE!!) .When you find an honest company "IT'S GOLD"!!

Description of Work
replace A/C

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank You very much for the great review ! We always appreciate when you take the time to do so. If you are happy, we are happy, and Thank You for using Allied !

08/20/2017

Mike T.

Removal and installation went very well. They took their time and respected our home. Placed protective mats all trough out the house. And thoroughly cleaned up after the work was done. Took the time after the installation to explain all maintenance required in the future. Installers were very courteous and professional.

Description of Work
Central ac replacement. My ac unit completely failed. One technician came and repaired burnt wires, unit failed again the next day. Allied was recommended by my neighbor who was very satisfied with them. Their sales representative Florian came within an hour of our call. He was very patient and professional explaining every option available. After agreeing on equipment and price Allied provided and installed portable ac units that allowed us to stay in our home and avoid an expensive hotel stay. Living in Florida and having this happen in the middle of August, this was huge.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank You very much for the good review. We hope you weren't inconvenienced too much with the portable ac units. We would have liked to get the installation done sooner but our schedule was overflowing. Thank You again and Best Wishes !

07/01/2017

Paula T.

Terrible. I had an old ac system, but not too old to fix. First guy came and made it worse. Charged me $376. I kept telling him the air was not cold and he kept saying just give it time. Well 2 days or so later when my house was hotter than it was before he came, I called and complained and they sent someone who knew even less. Asked for a glass of boiling water to test something in the air handler. That didn't work. Told me it would be another almost $600 to repair, but wasn't guaranteeing that part would fix it. NEITHER time did either of those guys do the basic diagnostic that both times I was told they would do by the dispatcher. I even questioned them on this and both said it wasn't needed. Frankly I think they saw an old ac and wanted to make a sale. Shameful. The 2nd guy even said, so when do you want the new ac installed? Not likely. They offered to take the 376.00 off the price of the new ac, but quoted me a price that was $500 more than I paid with another company, and that was with the 376 off. As far as I'm concerned they owe me my money back, although I'm sure I'll never see it. I'm very disappointed.

Description of Work
Repair on air conditioner. Air was not blowing ice cold.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

On the original service call the tech found the system low on freon and found a leak on the refrigerant line. He repaired the leak and added the necessary refrigerant and the system was at 10 degrees of subcooling (factory specifications) and the pressures were normal. On the subsequent visit the tech found the access valve had failed to seal off and leaked some freon back out. He tightened the valve to stop the leakage and added the necessary freon. After he did so the pressures would not correspond to the needed subcooling. He asked for the hot water so he could check the TXV valve for operation and found that the valve had stopped working as it should and gave the price for replacing it. There was NO CHARGE for anything on this visit and he gave you an honest assessment that spending that much on a 19 year old sytem might be good money after bad and recommended replacement of the system, and we would have reduced the price on a new one for the cost of the repairs. There are many different brands, models, efficiencies and options so price comparison would need to be apples to apples as there can be huge differences between them. As for the No diagnosis accusation, Really ? After the first tech fixed a freon leak and the second one found the valve not operating you say there was no diagnosis ? We are truly sorry you were disappointed and wish you well, but after repairing and diagnosing the problem(s) on your old system the accusation we just wanted to make a sale is unwarranted. Thank You

06/28/2017

robert B.

They called prior to arrival as requested so I could meet them there. They were quick to diagnose the issue.

Description of Work
Service call on an AC system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank You for taking the time to review us ! We appreciate your patronage and Thank You for letting us serve your needs.

06/26/2017

Scott S.

Allied showed up on time, quickly found the problem, completed the repairs and didn't try to sell me services or repairs that weren't necessary. They are an honest company and have earned my trust.

Description of Work
My A/C system was not functioning. I had no idea how bad the problem was.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank You for the good review and Thank You for calling Allied ! We are at your service.

05/31/2017

Gerry C.

It went as it often goes with Florida contractors,......Nowhere. I purchased the Angie's Special Deal. Paid the $35.00 to Angie's. Completed the request for service form. Included some special instructions to allied. I wanted my heat pump problem to not just be diagnosed, I wanted the problem diagnosed and repaired. I paid $35.00 to Angie's for diagnostics, and on top of that, I was prepared to pay for a repair. I waited about a week, or ten days, and there was no contact from Allied. I called Angie's for a refund. The Angie's rep said to me..."Did you call Allied"? I said NO...Allied is supposed to call ME. I am NOT going to chase them down so they can take my money. Plus....I don't want to call them and listen to all their excuses as to why they didn't contact me. There are too many AC service companies out there. I'm paying, it's my money. Let them chase after ME.

Description of Work
This was one of Angie's "Special Deals". AC diagnostic service, $35.00

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Mr [Member Name Removed], please accept my apology. When I saw your review I backtracked to see what happened and found that it came when I was on vacation. It is my fault and no excuses, it should not have happened. Even though I monitor the emails during vacation, I somehow deleted it and I can't explain why but I assure you it is not the way we normally conduct business. I can't change what happened but I am going to send you a gift certificate for the inconvenience we caused you. My sincerest apologies, Bill Wright, President, Allied AC

05/13/2017

Brett T.

Scott called first and showed up within the appt. window. He tested our 17 year old unit and found a bad relay and a switch that was about to fail. He had replacement parts with him, installed them then tested and cleaned both the heat pump and air handler units. Highly recommend Scott at Allied Air.

Description of Work
A/C wasn't cooling properly.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank You for the nice review, much appreciated !

02/20/2017

Charles T.

THEY THERE VERY PERFESSIONAL AND EFFICENT. THE ARIVED ON TIME AND FINISH THE INSTALLATION AS PROMISED. THEY INSTALLED A HEAT PUMP AC SYSTEM.

Description of Work
I NEEDED MY AC REPLACED.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank You for taking the time to review us ! We appreciate you hiring us and are grateful for the work. Best Wishes and Thanks for calling Allied !

02/10/2017

Sherry S.

Did a great job. Efficient and clean. Great staff. Most importantly when I was talking to the inspector regarding the workmanship he replied 'Allied always does good work'. So I think that sums it up. I would definitely hire them again. Great install to Jamie and the crew. Thank you.

Description of Work
Allied replaced my 4 ton air conditioning unit

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank You for the great review ! Jamie and the install crew are known for doing a great job every time. Thanks again and Best Wishes !

12/31/2016

Roy F.

Perfect! The owner (Bill) is a real professional who wants to make customers happy and satisfied with choices, advice, and at a very reasonable price. Additionally, Bill keeps you informed of what is going on and is great to talk with. His Service Tech Team are all highly qualified technicians with extensive experience who are very pleasant, friendly and personable to work with. They showed up when scheduled, laid down drop cloths, wore shoe "booties" in the house, vacuumed up, and CLEANED-UP after themselves! They even brought trash bags to remove their trash! That's a FIRST here in Florida! What you want from a contractor is to give you advice and choices at an honest price...look no further...this is the HVAC Contractor that you want and they are now my servicing contractor going forward. I've already recommended them to my neighbors and know they will be switching to Allied A/C and Heating for their needs! I don't normally write reviews, but had to express my experience so others like me who don't know who to call, where to start, and get a true assessment. I have owned many houses throughout the US and several here in Florida. I have used many many subcontractors and I can tell you Bill and his team ARE THE REAL DEAL AND ARE THE BEST! There are many HVAC contractors who say "customer service", "experienced", etc....well Allied walks the walk. I can't thank Bill and his team enough for an EXCELLENT job and in a timely basis!

Description of Work
Move duct work and resize duct to proper size for better distribution, add "Hard Start" to compressor, remove improperly installed cheap UV light / add new UV light unit in proper spot, and check overall system workings.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank You very much for the wonderful review. It was a pleasure to serve you and glad that all went well. Thank You again !

11/25/2016

Karen A.

Contacted Allied for a second opinion. Allied diagnosed the same problem; however, provided a more reasonable and lower cost solution. Was very happy with their service and would recommend them.

Description of Work
Replace outside condenser unit

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

When you are happy, we are happy. We are glad all went well and we appreciate your calling Allied. Thank You very much !

09/28/2016

Gail R.

The service tech said I needed an evaporator coil with txv valve and it would take about 2 hours to put in. The company wanted to charge me $2100. When I asked what the cost was for the parts and the labor, they wouldn't break it down as they only charge by the job. They also took the filters out (they did need to be replaced, but they took them out before they were) So I called another company and they said all I needed was freon. For $330 it was fixed and is working great. I think they knew I was out of area and took advantage of that. My opinion is get a second opinion!

Description of Work
I had an air conditioner that was leaking.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We're sorry for your dissatisfaction about the diagnosis and NO, we do not try to take advantage of anyone, out of state or not. We stand by our diagnosis and evaporator coils are quite expensive, and the txv should be replaced with a new coil. Adding freon to a leaking coil only solves the problem temporarily and the problem will return when it leaks out, costing more money. We are sorry about your situation but please don't blame the messenger for bearing bad news. Thank You for calling Allied

09/22/2016

dave P.

Great, they even put down a blue tarp which extended all the way up the stairs, so as to not get dirt on the wood and carpet floors. Very professional and would recommend to any and everyone.

Description of Work
They did the whole work up replacing everything, including air handler and UV light in my upstairs unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank You very much, we appreciate your business and appreciate your calling Allied. Thank You for the great review and Best Wishes !

09/08/2016

RAY W.

They were responsive, cleaned up well, did a good job, and a trouble free installation.

Description of Work
I used Allied Air Conditioning & Heating for a new system. To replace the entire system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank You for the nice review, we aim to please. Wishing you many years of great comfort in your house. We appreciate you calling Allied !

IERNA's Heating & Cooling

WE SERVICE ALL HVAC & PLUMBING MAKES AND MODELS | Same - Day Service 7 - Days a Week; IERNA's Heating, Cooling and Plumbing proudly serves the Air conditioning, Heating and Plumbing needs of our customers in Hillsborough, Pasco, Hernando, Polk and Pinellas Counties in Florida. If you are in need of any HVAC or Plumbing services from air conditioning repair to plumbing and water heater repairs, IERNA's is here to help. We also service, repair and maintain all kinds of HVAC and plumbing equipment. So if you need a quick repair or a more in depth equipment replacement, give the Heating, Cooling, and Plumbing experts at IERNA's Heating, Cooling and Plumbing a call today at (813) 489-6930 or visit us online at www.iernaair.com. License#CAC1813676 | CFC1429475

Offers by IERNA's Heating & Cooling on Angi
    Fontana Brothers Heating & Air Conditioning

Welcome to Fontana Brothers Heating and Air Conditioning, where serving you is our pleasure! We are a full service air conditioning company that provides maintenance, service, repair, upgrades, and replacement of residential & commercial systems. * Offer Financing. 12 Months Same As Cash And 10 yr Fixed To Name A Few. * No Charge On Estimates Or Second Opinions * 24 Hour Service * Truly Family Owned And Operated

Bayside Heating & Air Conditioning Inc

Bayside Heating and Air Conditioning is proud to have consistently earned the Angi's Super Service Award since 2000 and maintain more positive reviews than any other Air Conditioning company in the Tampa Bay Area. We are a family owned business and strive for old fashion values of integrity, good service, and value. Like our motto says " Our cstomers are always comfortable". We are fully licensed, insured, and bonded. We offer very affordable yearly maintennance agreemnts, with bi-annual service, for more reliable comfort. Our agreement customers enjoy priority service, discounts on repairs, and discounted or free diagnostic fees during normal business hours. Ask about our Bayside Comfort Club. Let us earn your trust, and be your first and final choice.

Offers by Bayside Heating & Air Conditioning Inc on Angi

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Air Conditioning Port Richey, HVAC Contractor, Air Conditioning Repair, Air Conditioning Installation, Heating Repair, Heating Installation, Indoor Air Quality, Filtration Systems, Duct Work, Thermostats, HVAC Maintenance

Major commercial. Window unit replacement. Refrigeration units.