WINE LANDSCAPING

John B.
12/26/2013
DAVID F.
06/27/2007
The job was done satisfactorily by 3 workers supervised by Ron Wine who dropped by on most days. The results followed the draft and cost did not exceed my budget by much. The workers were efficient and professional. There was no liability for relocated existing plants and bushes. This is standard. However, three new plants died within 3 month's time. Two calls were made to Mr. Wine by myself. I was not impressed by his rudeness at the fact that he did not acknowledge that it was me, his client of less than 3 months, who was calling him. He simply quipped that he would send someone out to replace my dead plants, no one showed up to honor the 100% guarantee on newly planted material. He demonstrated unprofessionalism over the phone and did not follow through with my request. I would not use him again or recommend him to anyone. Once work was done and the check received, he became unreliable.
Description of Work
Existing bushes and shrubs were relocated/removed with the addition of new plants in the front flower bed and backyard beds. Weeds were removed in all flower beds and mulch was placed. Several existing azaleas and crepe myrtles were pruned. Landscape lighting was installed by his subcontractor and used seven bulbs in total. All work was done in a week's time. Work was done in December 2006.
landscaping

WE ARE STARTING OUR 21ST YEAR IN BUSINESS AND OUR DESIRE HAS ALWAYS BEEN COMPLETE CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. THE COMMENTS BY THE MEMBER ARE SURPRISING AS I ONLY MET HIM ON TWO OCCASIONS AND HAVE NOT SPOKEN TO HIM SINCE COMPLETION OF THIS PROJECT. WE HAVE A SERVICE THAT ANSWERS ALL CALLS AND FORWARDS ALL MESSAGES. DURING OUR INITIAL MEETING, THE MEMBER EXPRESSED A DISPLEASURE WITH THE LAWN SERVICE COMPANY THEY WERE USING AND REQUESTED A MAINTENANCE PROPOSAL FROM US. HE APPARENTLY HAS US CONFUSED WITH THEM. IN THE EARLY SPRING THE MEMBER CALLED ABOUT A SINGLE PERENNIAL FLOWER THAT DIED AND I TOLD HER THAT WE WOULD REPLACE THE PLANT. AT NO TIME HAVE EITHER OF THE MEMBERS REPORTED THREE DEAD PLANTS. IT IS REGRETTABLE THAT THE MEMBER SUBMITTED AN INACCURATE AND FALSE REPORT. WE DO NOT OPERATE IN THE MANNER THAT HE DESCRIBED AND COULD NOT HAVE STAYED IN BUSINESS FOR 20 YEARS IF WE DID.
ANGELA R.
01/02/2007
During the majority of the project, there was no supervision by Ron Wine or his asst., William France. There was delay due to rain which was understandable. However, on initial completion, Mr. France was due to go out of town and we had to wait several days for him to come back before discussing what was left unfinished. There had been no cleanup on job performed. Workers had mixed the quickcrete like substance on my driveway in front of garage and had not cleaned it up, which to this day still has stained permanently, had left debris in yard, etc. The retaining wall was complete, but some type of landscaping still must be done. There is still standing water in the yard in the areas that I had addressed to Ron Wine's company in the beginning in addition to the area between patio and septic system. This area was not graded as discussed and is covered with black plastic for now with the intention of a future flowerbed. My impression is company is unprofessional and just wanted the bucks!
Description of Work
In late spring I had to have a new septic/treatment plant installed on my waterfront home. The design of this system left my yard with erosion and water saturation. I hired Ron Wine landscaping to 'correct' these issues including the area around the septic installation which was left 'undressed' and not graded. I needed proper grading of area around septic completed, a fallen retaining wall repaired and some type of design to correct the erosion and runoff of the new septic 'bubbler' type system. The repair to the retaining wall was okay. The design to 'correct' the erosion was a creek bed from the back of the property through the yard catching the bubbler spray off and connection to the lake in two sections. This ended up being a walkway/runoff for the bubbler emitters which still holds water on the outer edges and will never completely set properly with amount of water drainage. The area around the septic installation was never graded, black plastic was put down.
hardscaping

FOR THE ENTIRE TWENTY YEARS THAT WE HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS, OUR PRIMARY GOAL HAS BEEN CUSTOMER SATISFACTION. THE RESPONSE FROM THIS CUSTOMER IS DISTURBING BECAUSE I DISCUSSED HER CONCERNS WITH HER ON TWO OCCASIONS PRIOR TO FINALIZING THE PROJECT. IN BOTH INSTANCES, I OFFERED TO DO WHATEVER WAS NECESSARY TO SATISFY HER. IN BOTH INSTANCES, SHE SAID THERE WAS NOTHING WE COULD DO. AS THE MEMBER STATED, THIS PROJECT WAS A RESULT OF SEPTIC TANK WORK, PERFORMED EARLIER BY OTHERS. WE WERE RETAINED TO CORRECT THE DRAINAGE, REPAIR THE RETAINING WALL, AND PREPARE THE DISTURBED SEPTIC AREA FOR LANDSCAPING TO BE INSTALLED LATER. THESE ITEMS HAVE BEEN CORRECTED, PER THE TERMS OF OUR AGREEMENT. DRAINAGE HAS BEEN CORRECTED, A NEW RETAINING WALL HAS BEEN BUILT, AND THE AREA TO BE LANDSCAPED COVERED WITH BLACK PLASTIC. UPON COMPLETION OF ANY PROJECT, WE REMOVE ALL TRASH AND DEBRIS, ANY LEFT OVER MATERIALS, AND OUR TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT. LANDSCAPING AT THE NEW RETAINING WALL WAS NOT A PART OF OUR ORIGINAL AGREEMENT, AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IT HAS BEEN MENTIONED. WE REGRET THAT ANY OF OUR CUSTOMERS FEEL LESS THAT COMPLETELY SATISFIED.
DEREK D.
09/12/2006
Personally, I was very pleased with Ron Wine. They did a very good job, and I would hire them again if I needed to in the future. I felt that their work ethic was very impressive, and I felt that I got my money's worth out of the work that they did.
Description of Work
Ron did a whole array of plantings for me on both sides of my sidewalk. He also trimmed all of my evergreen bushes in both the front and back of my home. There are maybe fifteen of those.
08/09/2006
Wine Landscaping did a great job of planting our new flowers. They look very nice, and we have only had one die. I don't think we would change anything about how they planted the flowers, but we probably would change the kind of flowers we chose.
Description of Work
Wine Landscaping planted a new flowerbed at our driveway entrance.

Chronic Design Construction

we work with pavers, granite and cabinets and we also have great house cleaning, serving all Southwest Florida. Providing high quality work with competitive prices. Give us a call today for a free estimate.

JR Pavers & Remodeling, Corp.

We have the experience and dedication to get the job done right! Specializing in paving and hardscaping services; We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won't leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call or click for your FREE estimate today!

2022 Super Service Award

Offers Coupon

heaven landscaping and maintenance

ASK FOR DETAILS

LANDSCAPING, LANDSCAPE LIGHTING, DECKS, ARBORS, PERGOLAS, GAZEBOS, PATIOS, DRAINAGE, RETAINING WALLS, AND CUSTOM PROJECTS.