Superior Pools of Southwest Florida Inc

Florida: General
08/31/2022

517 Tamiami Trl

Port Charlotte, FL 33953

(M Sowerby) Bonita Springs, Florida. Award Winning Custom Swimming Pool & Spa By Superior Pools The Best Pool Builder Near You.

Pool Installers201933931
This project deserves an award as it is a personal pool and project for one of our award-winning designers. It was finally, time for him to create his own backyard oasis which is exactly what he did. We incorporated many water features along with a separate sitting area with a beautiful travertine privacy wall. To top it all off this pool includes bar stools for entertainment as well as a large spa and tiled sun shelf. There are two features that stand out and make this pool unique. We wrapped the top/sides of the raised water feature to give it a clean, ‘knife-edge’ appearance. Also, ’floating’ the scuppers to add visual interest to the vertically laid glass tile. The deep end area of the pool was built for entertaining. The raised deck area with custom made fire table, offset by a large feature wall with travertine and glass tile inlaid so as to appear that water is cascading down its face. This wall is further enhanced in the evening by four-flush deck mounted LED lights. There is an expansive sun shelf w/ a LED bubbler, umbrella sleeve, and surface finished completely in glass tile. The large spa has steps for access, multiple therapy jets, and an extended tile spillway that blends into the glass bottom of the sun shelf. This project also includes two bar stools to watch the game or have a drink. We wrapped the columns in glass tile and finished the seats with Black Galaxy granite tops. No project harder to design than one for yourself….especially when that task falls under your job description. To come to the final product I designed 88 different layouts over five months, including some that occurred during construction to make sure every aspect was perfect….in terms of appearance, functionality, and of course budget. Awards Won: FSPA Gold Design Award for 2019. Entered Awaiting Results: PSN Master of Design Pinnacle Awards 2020 - Luxury Pools + Outdoor Living The Pool & Hot Tub Alliance's International Awards of Excellence This Custom Luxury Swimming Pool By SUPERIOR POOLS Includes The Following: - Silver Travertine Decking / French Pattern - Silver Travertine Coping - 12" x 24" w/ Straight Edge (10" Pool Beam) - Pool/Spa Waterline and Entire Sun Shelf Tile: LUV Tile Caribbean Mix 1" x 1" (Glass) - Raised Water Feature Tile: LUV Tile Caribbean Mix 1" x 2" - Laid Vertically (Glass) - Finished on Front Face, Sides and Top of Beam (Knife Edge Appearance) - Stucco/Paint on Rear of Beam to Match House - Accent/Feature Wall: Silver Travertine Tile (Honed) 16" x 16" w/ LUV Tile Caribbean Mix 1" x 2" Tile - Laid Vertically (Glass) - Bar Stools: Columns Finished in LUV Tile Caribbean Mix 1" x 1" Tile (Glass) - Tops in Blue Pearl Granite - Stonescapes Midnight Blue w/ Abalone Shell - 7' X 8' ID Flush Spa (Zero Raise) w/ Entry Steps, 8 Therapy Jets and Extended Tile Spillway - Water Feature: +21" Raised 10" Beam w/ Five 6" (Wide) Radius Scuppers by the Outdoor Plus (Patina Copper Finish) Floating 3" From Top of Beam - Extended Bench Seating Below Featuring Three Pentair LED Globrites to Wall Wash Structure in Light - +6" Raised Deck w/ 8' Tall x 16' Wide Accent/Feature Wall - Wall Washed w/ Four Flush LED Deck Lights - Featuring a Custom Built Fire Table by the Outdoor Plus in Silver Powdercoat and Blue Raspberry Fire Glass - Sun Shelf Finished Completely in Glass Tile w/ Pentair LED Bubbler and Umbrella Sleeve - Extended Entry Steps into Pool - Two Bar Stools on Shallow Shelf From Pool Floor - Finished in Glass and Granite - 'Hidden' Travertine Deco Drain and Skimmer Lid - Extended Travertine Walkway to Equipment Pad - Screen Enclosure Finished with Three Picture Windows in the Rear Wall (12', 36' and 12') - 2' Transom Wall on House Side to Extend Screen Walls to 12' - Ceiling to 15' - No Lower Chair Rail Around Enclosure - 20/20 Screen Through Entire Cage - PCC 2000 In-Floor Cleaning System - All Jets and Drain Covers Finished in Light Grey - Additional Pentair LED Globrite Lighting (Transformers for Pool Lights, Spa Light, LED Bubbler and Globrites Uplighting Water Feature) - 2nd Pentair VS Pump (To Run All Water Features) - Pentair Easy 8 Automation w/ Screen Logic Like What You See? Contact Us Today For A Free No Hassel Quote At: Info@SuperiorPools.com or www.SuperiorPools.com/contact-us Manatee County To Charlotte County Contact Office Phone Number (941-743-7171) Lee County To Collier County Contact Office Phone Number (239-728-3002) (Superior Pools Teaching Pools! Building Dreams!) Info@SuperiorPools.com www.SuperiorPools.com www.homesweethomefla.com www.youtube.com/Superiorpools www.facebook.com/SuperiorPoolsswfl/ www.instagram.com/superior_pools/ www.houzz.com/pro/superiorpoolsswfl/superior-pools #SuperiorPools #HomeSweetHome #HSH #AwardWinningPools #CustomSwimmingPools #Pools #PoolBuilder #Top50PoolBuilder #1PoolInTheWorld #1PoolBuilder #TeamSuperior #SuperiorFamily #SuperiorPoolstomahawktikibar #TeachingPoolsBuildingDreams #GotQualityGetSuperior #JoinTheRestBuildWithTheBest #HSH #LuxuryPools #CoolPools #AwesomePools #PoolDesign #PoolIdeas #BestPoolBuilderNearMe #fortmyerspoolbuilders #PoolsNearme #SarasotaPoolBuilders #BradentonPoolBuilders #VenicePoolBuilders #NaplesPoolBuilders #EsteroPoolBuilders

Superior Pools (Family Owned & Operated Business) Superior Pools of Southwest Florida has been building pools in Florida since 2001. Superior Pools has over 5000 pools constructed from Bradenton to Naples. We provide our customers with excellent design, execution and service from beginning to end. Our service and quality is unbeatable! Our time frame alone sets us apart from any other Pool Builder. Cutting corners are not accepted at Superior Pools that is why we employee 90% in-house employees. We do not just sell Pools We Teach Pools. Our staff members are experienced professionals who live and breathe pools. It is our mission to consistently evaluate and improve our processes and products. From ownership to Pool service, We believe in employing only the most knowledgeable staff that shares our enthusiasm for excellence. A pool is not just another addition to your home, It is a lifestyle enhancement and a lifetime relationship with your pool provider. Superior Pools has over 50 full time employees, with at least half of our employees being with us for more than 10 years. Superior Pools has two locations, Our headquarters in Port Charlotte, Florida and Our growing office in Fort Myers, Florida. Superior Pools of Southwest Florida is licensed by the State of Florida and fully insured. Superior Pools had been awarded the following: #1 Customer Service Pool Builder in the nation By Pool & Spa News 2016. Top 50 Builders| Pool & Spa News 2003,2004,2005,2006,2007 2016 2017 2019 2020 . Angie's list super service award 2013,2014,2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020. Gulf Coast 500 - Business Observer 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020. Guildmaster Award 2016 2017 2018 2019 2020 Guild Quality (We are the only Pool Builder that pays to have every customer surveyed) 2015, 2016. Facebook (Superior Pools has more likes than any other Pool Builder NATIONWIDE). We look forward to building your backyard dream....

Pool Installers (122)pool cleaning (40)decks & porches (15)hardscaping (5)tile installation (4)Patios (2)masonry (2)door installation (1)screen repair (1)

05/22/2020

JOSEPH H.

Like (1) HU-346655927 Client yesterday Very professional,respectful, efficient. We recieved 3 quotes and they were worth every penny. Wife and I could not be any happier with the pool. Highly recommend this company. Read More Project Date: September 2019 Project Price: $50,000 - $100,000 Like (1) HU-708146595 Client 2 days ago Superior pools is nothing short of incredible, their level of detail is amazing. From Danielle's design to ensure we maximized space to the tile and decking crews everything was ensured to be perfect. Larry and Anthony ensured any questions we had were answered immediately and kept us in the loop through the process. Their staff are always willing to help, like Pat who does their start ups answered immediately whenever a question was asked even after hours. Their pool cleaners like DeSean and Corey are friendly and answer any concerns while onsite. I would recommend anyone to sit with them when pricing as they were comparable in price to others but offered much better equipment and materials than their competitors. Our pool was built during one of the most troubled times with covid19 and superior still completed the job on time and we were swimming in 40 days. Watching the pool come to life step by step is just as incredible from initial design and then each day seeing your backyard turn into a your dream.

Description of Work
Pool and backyard build

Work Completed On 05/22/2020

07/17/2019

kim S.

Superior Pools was a lifesaver! We never thought we could fit a pool in our small back yard, both Dee and Spencer bent over backwards to make this happen! They designed a beautiful pool with water features, we couldn't be happier! Throughout the construction process, Mike and Shane were there every step of the way. They were in constant contact with us, which made the process even easier! I highly recommend this company! We now have a beautiful lanai and pool, it has opened up a whole new living space perfect for hot Florida weather! If you want the best customer service and the best products available, look no further, Superior Pools of SWFL is the one for you!

Description of Work
New pool construction

Work Completed On 09/04/2018

Review for Superior Pools of Southwest Florida Inc - 517 Tamiami Trl, Port Charlotte, FL - 37988639

06/10/2019

Stacey K.

This was one of the rudest companies I have ever contacted. I spoke to a Mike on the phone. He was very curt and rude. No professionalism at all. Didn't really want to answer questions and seemed uninterested in general. I was really surprised. He stated he would not come to my home to look at the area and give me an estimate. He wanted me to drive 30 min out of my way to their "Corporate office" even though they have an office close to my home. He rudely told me if I was not interested in driving to his office than he did not want my business. I almost dropped my phone I was so shocked at his attitude. No customer service at all. I am not sure how these people even get business.

Description of Work
In-ground pool installation

Work Completed On 03/01/2019

01/31/2019

Lawrence K.

I made two calls and three emails to this company. In each case, I received a prompt and courteous response promising a proposal, but I never received anything.

Description of Work
Requested a proposal for a remodel of pool and spa

Work Completed On 01/31/2019

08/15/2018

william F.

I contacted Superior Pools and talked to a receptionist and asked for a quotation on a pool for a home I am building in Bonita National Golf and Country Club. A few hours later the owner of the company, Michael, called me. He must have been upset with his day because he was very abrupt. He told me that they did 34 out of 35 pools in Bonita National. He asked the model of house I was building so I shared that with him. I told him I wanted to get a quotation and he got very abrupt and said all pools were $82,000 to $ 85,000 dollars. I asked about the size of the pool and he said" it doesn't matter that is the price." A friend of mine is building a house on the street over from me and he is having Superior put in the pool and he is paying $ 65,000. I could tell from the tone of his voice he did not want the conversation to continue so I said Thank you and hung up the phone.

Description of Work
Superior pools was contacted to obtain a quote for inground swimming pool

Category doors,swimming pools

Work Completed On 08/14/2018

08/03/2018

Trudi A.

We thank our lucky stars that we made the decision to have our new pool built by Superior Pools. The service from start to finish was breathtakingly efficient and our pool was completed in just 45 days! Ben Cook was our designer and the program he used to design and show us our new pool was fantastic - we were able to see exactly what we would be getting. He told us right from the start that Superior Pools was not the cheapest and they were not. However, when you think you are paying for all in-house staff who feel that they are part of a great team and therefore desperate to do a good job, you realize that every extra dollar is well worth it. Every single person we came across at Superior Pools was unfailingly polite, cheerful and helpful and the craftsmanship of the construction workers was exemplary. To find a company like this, in this day and age, is truly remarkable and we have the confidence to say that if you choose Superior Pools as your pool builders, you will be as thrilled with the result as we are!

Description of Work
New pool was designed and built

Work Completed On 08/03/2018

07/20/2018

Robin W.

It was a great experience! Everyone was very hardworking and thorough, they took a lot of pride in their work.

Description of Work
Pool design and installation

Category ceramic tile,decks,masonry,hardscaping,swimming pools

Work Completed On 07/20/2018

04/20/2018

kevin S.

Four years ago we picked superior pool to build a pool because their advertising said they would stand by their work 100%. We have had to have plaster replaced two times in the last four years due to the inferiority of the product that was used to plaster the pool, at no fault of superior Pool. With some negotiations and determination by us, Superior Pool has replace the plaster twice at no cost to us standing by their advertising. We have learned afterwards that the manufacturer, CLI wouldn’t stand by their product and never reimbursed Superior for the defective product. Although this Pool has been a long hard road for us, Superior has in the end given us the quality Pool we originally expected.

Description of Work
Swimming Pool and spa

Category ceramic tile,decks,masonry,pool cleaners,swimming pools

Work Completed On 04/20/2018

10/22/2017

Mary H.

Excellent we got other estimates but none of them included everything. Superior Pools were a little pricey but after all was said and done. They did an excellent job meet all our concerns. I would highly recommend them they truly take pride in their pools. We had an issue with glass tile around the overflow from the spa and the owners came out they didn't like it either they actually changed it 3x till we we satisfied and they were also satisfied. They exceeded our expectations in quality and pride!!

Description of Work
We got new pool & spa & extended our lania

Work Completed On 08/07/2017

10/11/2017

Kevin B.

Everything went as planned. All the work was done in a timely manner and everything that was promised did happen. Very pleased with the pool the work and all the staff at superior.

Description of Work
We had our pool built by superior about 4 years ago. We love it and is everything we hoped it to be.

Work Completed On 06/03/2014

08/28/2017

John P W.

We were very thankful.. The other supplier was very helpful. we plan on completing our project this coming fall.

Description of Work
These people were great! We asked for a quote on a renovation in Bonita Bay. Superior didn't do the particular work we wanted. They only did that type of work in the Port Charlotte area. The person I talked to said they would phone their Fort Meyers to get us a recommendation for another supplier and then phone us back. I didn't expect to hear from them. The next day Superior phoned, gave us the name of a supplier they trusted. I call that going above and beyond customer expectations. March 2017

Work Completed On 08/28/2017

06/06/2017

Shawn S.

We chose superior Pools to build our new pool at our new home. They did an amazing job from Danielle designing it to Jon and company building it out. Came out better than expected and our vision has been realized. Had our first BBQ this past weekend and definitely have that wow factor from friends and family. What I was really impressed with is the patience they showed with myself because I ask a lot of questions and I'm very detail oriented and like things a certain way. Jon was always there to answer my questions and address any concerns. Oh and our pool was done and we were swimming in less than 30 days!! Amazing!! Would definitely recommend them to any and all as I already have been doing!! Thanks guys!!!

Description of Work
Build a pool

Category decks,pool cleaners,hardscaping,swimming pools

Work Completed On 04/01/2017

Review for Superior Pools of Southwest Florida Inc - 517 Tamiami Trl, Port Charlotte, FL - 35186347

06/04/2017

Jen S.

Superior Pools are worth every penny and I would recommend them highly to anyone. It was a real pleasure to work with them throughout the entire process of our pool and deck remodel. They except no less than perfection of their products, craftsmanship and customer service. Last spring we met with 4 different pool companies with the intention of redoing our pool and deck and possibly our cage. We knew immediately that Superior Pools was definitely the superior contractor regarding materials and availability, workmanship (no sub contractors), warranty and customer service (before during and after) and attention to detail. We hired them to remodel the pool, install a travertine deck (on the bias which involved more labor but for which they did not charge.) The quality of the travertine tiles are exceptional. They stood by their promise to only use pristine pieces of stone. We also hired them to remove and install a new open view cage. The entire job was done in less than 2 weeks and is breathtakingly beautiful! Unfortunately the product we chose for our pool finish was disappointing not just to us but to Superior Pool staff as well. They quickly honored their warranty and took the steps to completely redo the finish at no charge to us. I can not stress enough how quickly and completely they acknowledged the less than perfect finish results and took the steps to correct it quickly and completely.

Description of Work
Pool and deck remodel

Work Completed On 06/04/2016

05/30/2017

daniel E.

Superior Pools installed our pool just over 4 years ago. They did a great job with the design, permitting and installation; was exactly what we asked them for and more. They have since serviced our pool on multiple occasions; valve replacement, heater maintenance, salt water chlorinator repair. Each time they have come out, they were quick to do so, always on schedule, no excuses-no delays, extremely professional and highly competent. Highly recommend with absolutely no hesitation

Description of Work
Pool installation, service and repair

Work Completed On 05/23/2017

05/26/2017

Bob W.

Better than expected. Project was completed ahead of schedule and on budget. You get what you pay for. Ongoing pool maintenance is top notch.

Description of Work
We had a pool with cage designed and built. We also use them to maintain the pool.

Work Completed On 09/05/2016

05/23/2017

Kathleen M.

We shopped around many pool companies, but Superior was a great choice based on customer service, product, and price. They are not the cheapest, but they are priced competitively and fairly. Both Mikes were very responsive and helpful with all of our questions (and we had plenty!). If something was not right, they were quick to address and fix it. They build a beautiful product and we couldn't be happier. Even their pool guy, Logan, was super friendly and helpful during our pool school.

Description of Work
We hired Superior Pools (Fort Myers office) to build our new pool and lanai.

Work Completed On 01/01/2017

05/12/2017

R. B.

Superior Pools did a..well.. superior job! The designer, Ben, was in touch with us at every step. They were honest and spot on that the permit process is lengthy but once the construction began they came in under the time estimated it would take.

Description of Work
Pool with a paver border, Spa and lanai built.

Category decks,pool cleaners,swimming pools

Work Completed On 10/01/2015

Review for Superior Pools of Southwest Florida Inc - 517 Tamiami Trl, Port Charlotte, FL - 35024963

05/10/2017

Joanne J.

Description of Work
Superior Pools did a "superior" job redoing our pool last April, 2016. The efficient way our reno was done amazed us. From start to finish, the project took 2 weeks to complete. We are so very happy with the results that we have recommended Superior to several of our friends here in Riverwood, Port Charlotte. We brag about the work you have done often. In fact you are just completing a project for a friend who chose you after seeing the results of our project. Sincerely, Joanne and Larry Jones

Work Completed On 05/10/2017

04/10/2017

Claire B.

The people directing the store and company are really great and responsive, unfortunately the guy who actually services the pool on a weekly basis is not great. Just not super responsive and seems to do as little as possible. After we contacted them to complain about his lack of attention to detail, the service improved, but it was a fair amount of back and forth. Since we rent out our house, having it serviced and cleaned properly and regular is very important since our guests will leave negative reviews if the pool is not attended to.

Description of Work
We have retained superior pools to do weekly pool maintenance on our small, private pool.

Category pool cleaners

Work Completed On 04/10/2017

03/31/2017

Norman S.

My wife and I spent a long time assessing pool builders and were discouraged by all the bad reviews and horror stories. We learned about Superior Pools in Pool and Spa News in their annual list of top 50 pool builders nationwide. We were initially attracted to Superior since PSN ranked them #1 in customer service. We met with the owner, Jon. He's old school - integrity, commitment, honesty - he does the right thing! After one meeting, we knew Superior would be a solid choice. We're thrilled with our new pool - it's absolutely beautiful. When we tell people that it was built in just 4 weeks, they don't believe it. We're very impressed with Superior's crew - everyone put in the extra effort to make us happy. We're also very impressed with our pool consultant, Ben. He was so patient and attentive, always making himself available to answer questions and address issues. It's a pleasure doing business with these people. On a scale of 1-5, Superior is a 10!

Description of Work
Custom 32' roman end pool, 11'x11' shelf, 7' spa, Hydrazzo finish, AquaCal 140k btu heat pump, Pentair IntellifloXF variable speed pump, Clean & Clear RP filter, Intellichlor salt generator, Easy Touch 8 automation, auto fill, bubblers, led lights, 2,500 sq ft travertine deck and pool cage.

Work Completed On 03/31/2017

Review for Superior Pools of Southwest Florida Inc - 517 Tamiami Trl, Port Charlotte, FL - 34720023

03/20/2017

Linda S.

Superior Pools lives up to their name of giving a superior and quality service and pool. B Cook was an excellent, professional and very accommodating. He was literally available day or night! He was quiet patient with us and our endless questions. Pat is very friendly and courteous and quiet knowledgeable about pool chemicals. Josh was friendly and knowledgeable and answered any questions in the construction field. The office staff was quiet friendly as well! The gentleman, who did the pool tile work, the coping and finished the plaster work of the pool was meticulous and exceptional! The crew who laid the patio block decking were excellent! Absolute Aluminum did an outstanding job creating the pool cage to meet the dimension and design of our "L" shaped pool, off our lenai!! The pool contract was all inclusive! Superior Pools uses their own contractors from start to finish. We didn't have to hunt and search for contractors to do each section and try to schedule them in. From start to finish, it was like a well oiled machine; each contractor coming in to do his part of the job! We truly didn't have to worry about a thing. At one point, we were concerned about the color of the plaster; we wanted to have 'blue' water but the plaster was white. B Cook assured us that it would be blue and we trusted him that he would be true to his word. and he as! We had the pool installed in summer of 2015. We enjoy it everyday! It is still holding up. We've had no issues. We also contracted with Superior Pools for our weekly pool service, they have done an excellent job! I would HIGHLY recommend them and if I ever needed another pool I would unequivocally hire them again!

Description of Work
We wanted to put in a pool.

Work Completed On 09/15/2015

Review for Superior Pools of Southwest Florida Inc - 517 Tamiami Trl, Port Charlotte, FL - 34643229

03/16/2017

Lori B.

Everything went great. Finished a few days before they said.

Description of Work
Pool and pool cage

Work Completed On 08/13/2011