Natal Air Conditioning

Founded 1988 • With Angi since July 2010

503 S Dixie Hwy E

Pompano Beach, FL 33060

Additional phone number - (954) 7880099. Additional contact name - Squib Schreiber. Additional email - info@coolairflorida.com....

10/12/2018

Sean C.

Shoddy patch work on duct installation. System lasted for less than 4 months of operation. Wouldn't honor warranty. Seemed to be looking for a way out of taking responsibility from the jump. Just absolute trash. I even have pictures of the horrific job they did. Please try anyone else, you will be better off.

Description of Work
Installation

10/09/2017

James S.

We hired another company. It cost $140.00 instead of $10,500.00. That was three months ago. Everything is still running great. I would not recommend this company to anyone for anything. Like I said, Something changed!!

Description of Work
We have 5 AC units on our roof. For several years we used Natal. During the time they replaced two of the units. Some units were 15 years old. Natal maintained and replaced units as needed at a reasonable price. Then something happened. With every visit, "You need to replace". We started realizing it was a scam when they started saying it on units they had just replaced. They said they would look into it. I got an estimate for $10,500.00.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Mr [Member Name Removed], we lasted visited your place of business in 5/2/2017 yes when we were there we charged you $80. and recommended a new system as it is 10 years old , the previous visit in February 2017 we charged you $425. we replaced a non warranty fan motor and capacitor, we recommended a coil clean on that system (different system). Since 2011 we charged you $7465.00 for all service repairs and parts., We charged you $9850.00 for 3 air conditioning systems all 5 ton units, two in 2011 and one in 2015. We even replaced an air conditioning system in a residential property you own. I do not know where the figure of $10500 comes from. After our service call in May we sent through a quote for two options either a 5 ton RTU Carrier system for $4058 or Rheem unit for $4596. This I think is normal business practice.

07/07/2017

Mark H.

This is a first-rate company. My condo is rented to my sister and her family. Natal sent two VERY professional techs to provide assess the problem with the AC. It was determined that my central a/c died and needed to be replaced- air handler compressor ...the whole works. Needless to say, this needed to be done quickly, this is after all south FLA. They first came on a Tuesday and my condo was nice and chilly by Thursday. I have been using Natal for many years. As a matter of fact, the unit they replaced was originally installed (by Gary) and maintained by these guys. I would only do HVAC business with NATAL for my properties in FLA. Thanks to Gary, Nicky and especially our top-notch, highly professional technicians Mike and Rory!!!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND USING THESE GUYS!

Description of Work
Replace Central Air Conditioner and Air Handler

07/06/2017

james V.

The price was fair. They showed up when they said they would and did a excellent installation job. I will be recommending them to my friends and family. They also did a great job of following up after the sale. Very happy with them.

Description of Work
Replaced my ac package unit with a heat pump.

06/26/2017

STACY P.

I originally was searching for a Carrier AC system to replace my current American Standard system, I called in total about 5 companies (2 Carrier, 2 American Standard, 1 Thrane) and received quotes ranging from 9K to 4K for a 2000 sq. ft home. Using FPL, Angies List and Manufacturer websites, I located Natal Air Conditioning. While Natal did not have the amount of reviews on Angies List that some installers did, I did find positive comments on BBB and Manufacturer site along with Natal being FPL certified. Natal gave me three install options with complete pricing, offered me the FPL rebate and even included the permit and Nest Thermostat in the final invoice. (One Stop Shop). I confirmed the quote, set up the install date and waited. Team arrived on time day of install on time. I had to go to work but left my partner in home to be onsite if needed. I got the call I had been expecting about 2 hours later, we hit a problem. Nothing major just some issues with the pump and electrical connection. We got the issue fixed in about 20 mins and finished the install. I got home to a very cool home (did I mention old system was not sized correct for my home) with a Nest thermostat. The install all went so smooth, I was scared. Next day, the AC went out and I got team on the phone immediately. Within 30 mins, the guy who did the install was back, found the issue and corrected it immediately (a small piece of insulation was in a pipe causing the breaker to flip). Actually, we learned the safety steps worked, the response of Natal was good, and the system has worked nicely ever since. We closed the permit last week with no issues. My problem now is my home is very cool sometimes cold, I have to relearn my temperatures. I was expecting a big issue and lots of problems based on other stories I had read but I did not have any problematic issues with Natal and the team (Especially Jessica). I was super happy with the pricing, the product and service, I would use them again.

Description of Work
Replace central AC system compressor and air handler including new thermostat (Upgraded to 4 Ton 16 Seer American Standard Unit)

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi Mrs [Member Name Removed] , thank you so much for your review, and thank you for your patience with the glitch. Please remember to register your warranty if you haven't done so already. Should you have any issues please do not hesitate to contact us. Best Regards Margie

03/06/2017

Jorge D.

Well I have to really take the time to praise the team at Natel Air Conditioning, I have used them before on my personal home and it was a pleasure doing business with them. My daughters AC Conditioning system had it's last days and she is expecting a baby in 2 weeks, it was very uncomfortable for her and her family. My daughter being a hands on mother she started contacting other companies to get quotes. She soon realized that changing an AC unit requires time to search for the correct company and to secure a reasonable price. I informed my daughter that I was taking over the project and I contacted Margie and her staff and they were so proactive and helpful. I'm very glad that I called them again because they went out of there way to assist us, in one day they had the unit at our daughters home early next morning. if you are looking for honest people that can service you and won't forget you as a client and there pricing is extremely competitive, stop searching do your self a favor and contact Natel.

Description of Work
changing ac unit in house.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hi Mr [Member Name Removed] Thank you, it was only our pleasure. Congratulations again! Let us know if you have any issues. Don't forget to do routine maintenance. Regards Margie

Julie J.

Excellent work ethic. Price was great. The best company around here

Description of Work
AC issue. Needed cleaning and repair

Kerry A.

Work was completed efficiently and extremely happy with the overall experience

Description of Work
New a/c unit was installed, very professional and liked dealing with the company and workers

Roger C.

Great. Knowledgeable technician. Very clear about what was wrong and quote to fix. Reasonable price

Description of Work
My a/c stopped working on Friday late afternoon. Put in a call and left a message on the machine. Natal Air conditioning had a technician out first thing in the morning and by lunch time my a/c was working.

11/21/2016

anita S.

The good grades I gave was for the workers that came. They were quiet, respectful. Even when I had a problem are they left they returned to explain. The bad grade has to do with the customer service people...one in particular. She's rude and does not give you a chance to speak. I had a problem & emailed them but to this day did not get a response. Bad part is I have a service contract with them. I'm guessing I don't have a choice but to use them again but, would certainly NOT recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
Install a new unit.

09/27/2016

George A.

Tech was very pleasant and efficient. He was very patient with me and answered all my questions. I will definitely be using Natal again in the future.

Description of Work
Recently moved into a new place and the air conditioner just didn't seem to be cool enough. Called Natal after seeing them in the area; Spoke with Marg in the office and she sent someone over to take a look later that afternoon. Turns out we had a leak in leak that was able to repaired in no time at all.

05/25/2016

Patricia B.

I called Natal because they were the ones who installed the new A/C system last year (2015) (thru my contractor). I had called them out last month for routine annual maintenance which they did ($190). At that time the service tech said everything was fine. A week or so later I heard a persistent rattle in the outside unit whenever the A/C was running so I called them out again. Today the same service tech came and before he had even gotten to the unit he said, "You might need a new compressor" and was telling me how weather, rain and storms make these things go bad. (Really? Florida always has rain and storms.) I replied that it's only a year old and he said at least it's still under warranty. After he was working on it for about 10-15 minutes he came to me and said, "It's just as I thought, you need a new compressor but it's under warranty." Then as he was writing it up he said, "You just pay $600 for the labor." I told him I wouldn't pay for the labor on a unit that was just a year old. He said he would call the office and he went back to the unit. After about 5 minutes he came to me again and said, "I found the problem. It was a loose wire. It's all fixed now." I was speechless. It sounded like a scam to me. He charged me $160 for fixing the loose wire. That's better than $600 to install a compressor I didn't need. I will never call Natal for anything again. They are not trustworthy.

Description of Work
Came to fix a rattle, tried to say I needed a new compressor when I didn't.

07/01/2015

holly B.

Over the course of six months, the previous owner of the house and I spent around $3,000 to repair the air conditioner in my home, replacing parts and reloading it with freon over and over again. Once, they came to repair a nail hole in the pipe connecting the indoor unit to the outdoor unit that holds the freon. When the system ran out of freon again, less than two months later, they refilled it again and told me I likely needed a new indoor unit, since they're replaced all but the indoor coil, and refilled the freon again. They made two separate appointments to give me an estimate for a new AC, and never showed up for either. They never called to cancel. They just didn't show up. I called Good Old Boy Air Conditioning after a friend recommended them, and the tech recommended a leak test before giving up on the indoor unit. It turns out there were three additional nail holes within a foot of the hole Natal repaired a month and a half prior. He repaired it and refilled the system, and it's been working like a charm. If Natal had shown up for one of the two appointments they blew off, I'd likely have a new AC that was still leaking coolant, since they never investigated the source of the leak, or even checked the pipe for additional holes while the wall was opened up to expose the pipe. If Good Old Boy AC had been contacted from the start, both the previous owner of my home and I would have a few extra dollars in our pockets.

Description of Work
Attempted to repair AC in home

07/01/2015

Maria M.

It went very smooth. Sales Tech/Representative showed up as agreed. On time and very knowledgeable. Installation went great (fast and clean). No complaints whatsoever. Installation quality is superb. I received 4 quotes and Natal's was right in the middle...They have also responded very promptly with service calls for my other units. Very nice staff and customer service over the phone and in person. It is hard to get good contractors here in South Florida. Natal is the exception

Description of Work
Full Replace of one of my Units in the Garage

02/06/2015

Mariangela C.

I purchased an AC Unit from them in February of 2014. Owner came out to do estimate, likable, sufficient knowledge, price is competitive. I hired them out of 4 companies that I had an estimate. Installation went fine, however they placed a filter that is probably the worst in the market. No worries, I order much better filter on line (not from them!) Unit failed to work 2 months later. That's when I found out that they do not provide complimentary weekend service even within one year of the installation. No one answers the phones! They came in in a week day and replaced the faulty piece. End of 2014 I had my electrical panel replaced (same location, just a new safe panel) (my house was built in 68). When the inspector came in, he failed me and gave me 90 days to move the air conditioning one foot over: code is that all electrical panels must have no obstruction: distance required is 3 feet. AC installations no longer need a permit in Boca Raton (if under $5,000). However the installation must be by code. I called Natal Air to have them move the AC, I had the run around for over 4 weeks, their customer service is NONE, they never return their calls as promised. After weekly calls, they finally came in and acknowledged the error. I have two electrical panels: one is the main and a smaller one that runs the outside plugs and pool pump. They installed the unit within 3 feet of the main panel but not 3 feet from the smaller panel. Took me another 2 weeks to finally get them to move the unit.I mentioned to them to be aware of CODE, specially if houses where built before 1980 (will need to replace their electrical panel in order to get insurance coverage) They billed me $450.00 to fix their error. They told me that they don't care if I go to BBB or place any reviews. So disappointing. I wish I knew more about codes, I trusted that they would have the integrity to install to code and fix if they did not. I gave them 3 stars, however buyer be aware. You will have a very difficult time getting hold of them and getting your AC serviced in a timely matter. Need major customer service improvement. For $450.00 they rather risk their reputation! I offered to go half?I understand cost of labor? The ladies that answer the phones can be rude and short and make promises that someone will call?but never do!

Description of Work
Instal a ne AC Unit

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, pool cleaners

12/23/2014

philip D.

They were really good. They installed the unit in one day and did the duct work another day. They sent out 2 guys on the first day for the ac install and two different guys for the duct work. They were all really professional.

Description of Work
They installed a new ac unit and they also replaced the airducts.

06/19/2014

Lauren G.

Provider was prompt and courteous. Price was competitive. I had a problem less than a year later and they returned and fixed the problem at no charge.

Description of Work
Installed new A/C

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, pool cleaners

06/02/2014

Murilo M.

It was great. I will certainly recommend them. Nobody could match their price. They were professional.

Description of Work
I used the services of Natal Air Conditioning.

03/18/2014

Esteban N.

I interviewed for estimates, with about 9 companies, with some also found on Angie's list. When I contacted Natal, Margie set up an appointment for Squib to come out and provide me with an estimate. Squib was right on time at the designated hour, and he listened to what I needed and answered my questions. In speaking with him I discovered that Natal was a family owned business, in operation for over 20 years. It is run by Squib and his brother, with Margie, Squib's wife scheduling appointments and work orders. Since I had already spoken to several other companies, I cross-checked on some of the information I had already received, and asked Squib to elaborate on some of the features and benefits of various manufacturers and models of a/c units. The man is a walking encyclopedia of information, and was very straight forward with talking frankly about various equipment offerings and the industry as a whole. I appreciated his professionalism in not once putting down any of his competitors, and never asking about other quotes I had laying on the table. He only focused on what he had to offer, how it would perform, if it met my need, and what my investment would be. He also provided information about financing and that Natal aside from the common 10 year warranty on parts, also provided not 1, but 2 years of warranty on labor. Six of the other providers only offered one year on labor but were happy to provide extended labor warranties at an additional expense. When it came time to make a decision, I felt very comfortable with the information, and price I had been quoted, even though Natal was NOT the least expensive provider. Margie at the office followed up with sending me additional information for the permit, and work was scheduled for that week. On the day of the install, Rich and John arrived on time and after looking over the old equipment, proceeded to remove the old equipment. Rich surveyed the installation site, determined that some changes were in order to make the unit more serviceable, and was successful in his goal. He also rebuilt the air handler intake plenum as well as installed all new pvc condensation drip lines to the exterior. He also had to modify a few electrical issues in order to adapt the new air handler to my existing wiring. On the outside John removed the old compressor/condenser unit without damaging ornamentals, and securely attached new unit to existing concrete pad, followed by the proper mating of the refrigeration and return lines. All lines were covered with insulated covers and all wiring was secured in place. Following the completion of the handler unit, a new digital thermometer was installed and the unit was charged. When the job was completed, the new unit was switched on and everything worked correctly. All the old components were loaded into their service vehicle and taken away, work area was left clean and free of debris. All work was completed on time with no problems and I would highly recommend this company to anyone needing new equipment or service on old. I was told that the family employs about 12 persons in addition to their own involvement with daily business. For the record, my second choice would have been B&B A/C located in Coral Springs. Several other well known and larger A/C companies that I interviewed were rated lower than Natal.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced old 3.0 ton 12seer a/c unit with new 3.5 ton 16 seer unit. Install was performed by mechanics Rich and John, Rich installed the handler and duct flange, while John worked on the compressor/condenser unit outside.

02/03/2014

Kelli K.

I was hosting Thanksgiving at my house and was freaking out at the thought of a hot house with all the cooking and bodies! They juggled their schedule to get me taken care of! I had lots to be thankful for!!!!!! The old a/c was really too big for the a/c closet but they took their time to disassemble it and remove it without destroying my house! The condenser outside was anchored to the pavers and was also a challenge to remove without causing damage. BUT they managed to handle the situation without causing more work for me! Love it! The building department has inspected everything and there were no problems. Natal was a slightly more expensive than another a/c company, but it is a family owned company and they really appear to care! What a novelty these days!

Description of Work
Installed 5 ton a/c system.

06/30/2013

Candace S.

Natal Air Conditioning really knows what good customer service is all about. Another company, Del Raton, had put in my current A/C unit 7 years ago and I had been using them for service. However, they were recently bought out by Van's Comfortemp, a national company. I recently found a leak in unit and I called them out. The repairman from Van's Comfortemp gave me an estimate of $1,247.00 to repair a leak! I was dumbfounded. I was so angry, I paid him his $89 service call fee and asked him to leave. I then called Natal Air Conditioning. Their repairman came out the next morning, looked over my system and fixed the leak for $80.00!! I was again stunned - but in a good way this time. No service call fee and no inflated estimates. I asked the repairman why there was such a huge difference between the two bills. He explained that some of what the other company wanted to do was more a sales tactic than a necessity, other items could be done less expensively and one item didn't need to be done at all. He also said that if my system was really that bad off to require $1,247.00 of repairs, he would have recommended a new system instead of putting that much money into a 7 year old system. The repairman from Natal was efficient, knowledgeable and understanding. He brought his own vacuum cleaner to clean up after he was finished. And he was in and out of my house in about 45 minutes. He recommended a little more work on my A/C in the near future that I can schedule at my own convenience. What a pleasant experience!

Description of Work
Fixed a leak in the drain line.

02/20/2013

Roger C.

They were timely they even came out after hours.

Description of Work
The problem was explained to me and fixed at a reasonable rate.

12/03/2012

Marilyn P.

Terrific. I would use them any time I need air conditioning services & have recommended them whenever anyone asked about air conditioning for service or equipment. When I decided to get a new air conditioner for my condo, I called Natal as I had had a very positive experience with them 7 years ago & remembered that. I called to get an estimate & see what was involved in getting a new air conditioner & the price. Squib came after hours to accommodate my work schedule & fit me in so I could have my new A/C before the holidays. They arrived promptly, as scheduled, & when they were ready to leave, you wouldn't have known anyone had taken out an A/C & installed a new one. They did a great job leaving my house as clean as when they arrived. Several years ago my A/C was blowing hot air. I called the people I had just gotten a new service contract with. They came out & told me I needed a new air conditioner for $3,500 & it wasn't covered on my contract because it was too new. I asked around for a recommendation for another A/C company & Natal was one of the names I was referred to. I called them & Gary came out & changed a pipe that had a pin hole in it. The charge was minimal & the A/C was still working almost 7 years later when I decided it was now 25 years old & time for a new one. Great to do business with.

Description of Work
Had new Air Conditioner & thermostat installed. Was advised that in one year from installation date they will do a maintenance check.

04/06/2012

Stefana T.

I have used this company before and they are great. I highly recommend them. Very honest, reasonable and responsive.

Description of Work
Our outside air handling unit was not running. Gary came out immediately and found the obscure problem of a broken wire in the attack. He was able to do an immediate 'temporary' fix until he can send a team to fully repair the problem on Monday. The tech showed up first thing in the morning. This was great because the house was already getting hot at 9:00am.

03/27/2008

Stefana T.

Gary and his workers have taken great care of me over the years. I highly recommend this company for A/C installs and service. Very honest.

Description of Work
This company has installed two new A/C units in two different homes for me. They have also handled my repairs and service for the last 5 years. They are the best!