East Coast Windows & Doors Inc

Founded 1997 • With Angi since February 2006

East Coast Windows & Doors (ECW), Inc is South Florida’s premier window and door contractor. Specializing in window and door sales and installation, we do residential, commercial, window and door replacement, and new construction. Family owned & operated. ECW launched its operation in 1996 as a window and door repair and installation company. By 1998, ECW became incorporated and began building its reputation of excellence and know-how by mostly referrals. In 1999, ECW bought out the window division of a larger general contractor and continued to grow while maintaining their impeccable reputation. Standing behind their work and excellent customer service skills has made ECW one of the biggest impact window and door specialists in Broward County. ECW currently occupies 10,000 square feet of warehouse space that houses the product showroom, office personnel, and product storage. Effortless hurricane protection! Sales and installation of non-impact windows and doors. LICENSE #CGC1504443, CC96-8170-GX. Additional email - info@eastcoastwindows.com....

A Service Provider's profile image

+11 more images

window replacement (202)door installation (104)hurricane shutters (19)glass repair (14)egress window (11)window treatment (4)patio enclosures (3)

12/10/2021

Robert B.

Contacted and contracted with East Coast Windows And Doors to replace all my windows and a door. Work was done as scheduled and completed. I have since noticed that the door was not installed properly. I have contacted them numerous times to fix the door, they will not even call you back. So if you have them do your job and pay them, DO NOT expect them to return for any repairs!!! Their customer service is non existent. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!

Description of Work
Installation of impact windows

Work Completed On 11/17/2021

We are sorry you feel that way. On 11/22/21 our service manager spoke to you and took your information. He explained that we are backed up on service and said that you were very understanding. He also noted that he made sure your door was secure and able to lock. I apologize that we are backlogged on service. We are short staffed at this time but I assure you we stand behind our install and you are in our system for a service call. We take reviews seriously and although this is not favorable, we will make sure to get out there and make it right. Thank you!

07/26/2020

Silvia S.

East Coast Windows and Doors recently installed our and three neighbors’ hurricane windows. From the estimate to the installation, every aspect of our experience was professional and courteous. Thank you Rob, Carlos and Victor for helping us all feel safer during hurricane season.

Description of Work
Hurricane windows

Work Completed On 07/22/2020

Review for East Coast Windows & Doors Inc - 1711 SW 7th Ave, Pompano Beach, FL - 38757243

Thank you! It was a pleasure working with you!

06/05/2020

Mollie M.

They did a good job. i would recommend them.

Description of Work
three new window with impact windows two single hung and one fix

Work Completed On 06/05/2017

Thank you very much!

10/30/2019

Elaine H.

Extremely well, much better than anticipated. Everybody we dealt with at East Coast was knowledgeable and professional. Their attention to detail was exceptional. The final inspection went very smoothly.

Description of Work
Replace all of the windows and doors on our three story waterfront townhouse.

Work Completed On 10/29/2019

Thank you for kind review! It was a pleasure doing business with you!

09/27/2019

bernard D.

The 2 guys were great at installing the new front door ... Carlos was the lead tech.,, super job and stay till 8pm to complete the job .., I have used East Coast for 12 Years now at 3 different properties I own.... I love the Impact Low E glass windows & doors with the Argon gas in between the double glass ........Ben from North Springs in Coral Springs Florida

Description of Work
Eurotech double French Impact Door 🚪

Category doors

Work Completed On 09/25/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your repeat business and kind words :)

04/20/2019

Susan J.

Can’t say enough good things about this company. From the time I requested the quote to the completion of the job, this company was the utmost in professionalism. Job completed to perfection. Customer satisfaction is priority, and it showed. Left my property inside and out clean and neat.

Description of Work
Impact windows, sliding doors and exterior doors

Work Completed On 04/03/2019

Thank you! It was a pleasure doing business with you!

12/10/2018

JOHN F.

They removed 3 old sliding-glass doors in an interior atrium and installed new sliding-glass doors in about 6 hr. They put up plastic sheet barriers to contain the dust and debris in just the area they were working, and thoroughly cleaned up when finished. Excellent workmanship; the doors look great and work perfectly.

Description of Work
Three sliding-glass doors were replaced

Category doors, sunrooms

Work Completed On 12/06/2018

11/19/2018

Rick D.

the sales rep was a nice person, but was not trained to do the job. I had to measure the windows for him. He struggled.

Description of Work
Simple estimate to install Hurricane windows in our home. Sales rep was not trained well enough to do the job. Poor knowlege.

Work Completed On 11/19/2018

Hi! You must have us confused with someone else. We have a database with all customers we go out to do an estimate. I searched for your address as well as your name and we have not been out to see you. We only have three people who do estimates. Chris the Sales Manager who has been with us since 2004, Justin who has been doing estimates for us since 2009, and the owner Ed who has been in the window business since 1988. I assure you that our people know what they are doing and can measure a window :) Thank you!

09/15/2018

Frederick M P.

I was amazed that they did the job in two days as advertised. The crew did a great job, overall quite clean. We had to replace the bathroom window (our choice). That crew was not as clean as the initial crew. One of them walked all over the house with his big boots and even stepped in bathtub without any protection.

Description of Work
Replaced all windows with impact 7/16 PGT 700

Category egress windows, replacement windows

Work Completed On 04/01/2018

08/22/2018

David J.

My 85 year old mother who lives alone wanted to have hurricane (high impact) windows installed in her condo. She asks me, her son, to "look into it". The problem? I live 1,000 miles away. Hence, how to search out 2 or 3 reputable contractors for competitive bids, deal with the contractual paperwork process, obtain HOA approval, work through the West Palm Beach permitting process, and, not to mention -- deal with the contractual paperwork and the actual window install process. There were well over 100 contractors within a 10 mile range. So I came up with a plan that utilized both the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and Angie's List. To be considered, the contractor needed to have a BBB account with a rating of at least an "A". Additionally, they needed to be part of Angie's list with at least a rating of "A", as well as have a substantial number of customer reviews. Lastly, they needed to be in business for at least 10 years. By the time the 100+ contractors were narrowed down, I had a list of 4. I then took the top 3. At this point, East Coast Windows already stood out as the lead with a BBB (accredited) rating of "A+" and an Angie's List ("Angies Certified" & Super Service Award) rating of "A" with 192 window reviews. I requested bids from the 3 and East Coast was first to respond. Of the other 2, one was non-responsive despite 6 follow up attempts. The 3rd responded with a verbal quote but then failed to follow through with anything in writing despite 3 subsequent attempts. Thus, East Coast was in the lead, but the hard part was yet to come -- could they commit and follow through? Worked initially with Stevie in the condo department who was an absolute pleasure. Based on my logistical situation, she offered to have the owner sent out to do the measurements and provide an education (options, etc.) to my 85 year old mother. To my surprise, Stevie then said that East Coast always handles all of the administrative tasks with the HOA and the West Palm permitting, and that from my perspective, the process should be seamless. I was provided a range of 6 to 8 weeks from the time of HOA approval to install. This all seemed too good to be true. But, surprise! They delivered on all promises. Week 7 the windows were received from East Coast's manufacturer and an install date was selected. Again, too good to be true? Nope. They kept the promised date and showed up on time. I had a cousin pop in on the day of install and received a report that the install process was one of the utmost professionalism and cleanliness (plastic placed over furniture, etc). And, the caulking was with great care and perfection. About 2 months after install, my mother thought there was a problem with one of the windows. The very next day, the owner went out to address the issue. False alarm -- "operator error" on my mothers part. As I think back to the first phone call I made to Stevie at East Coast Windows, I was told that they are a family business and they are not satisfied until the customer is satisfied. East Coast sure kept their promise! If there was ever a great contractor experience, this was it!

Description of Work
Replace all windows in condo with hurricane / high impact

Work Completed On 07/31/2018

Review for East Coast Windows & Doors Inc - 1711 SW 7th Ave, Pompano Beach, FL - 37343016

WOW! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! We appreciate you and your mother's business!

08/16/2018

DAVID M.

It was an excellent experience they cleaned up after themselves. They were thorough. They were very professional. They were quick and very efficient. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Installed new windows

Category egress windows, replacement windows, window treatments

Work Completed On 11/18/2014

06/22/2018

Alan S.

I interviewed close to 10 companies to have hurricane windows installed at my townhouse. I have 5 windows and 2 sliding glass doors that needed replacement. Many of the companies that came out wanted to do a 2 hour presentation on their windows and a strong sales pitch. Prices ranged as high as $21,000.00 I was disillusioned about having the work done till one of my friends told me to contact East Coast Windows & Doors Inc as she had worked with them last year to replace windows at her home. Well, all I can say is that I am so glad I did. I met with Ed the owner who is a straight shooter and honorable man. They were prompt and professional. I got a great product and a great price. They have their own installation team and do not subcontract the installation as so many companies do. Ravi and his team were exceptional! And despite the fact that it rained the day of the installation the work was done with high quality and care for my needs. All in all, their are a lot of companies out there doing this work , but many are rip off's! Yet, if you contact and work with East Coast Windows & Doors Inc, you will be treated with respect and get great service!

Description of Work
Hurricane windows

Work Completed On 06/11/2018

04/18/2018

Gary C.

I could not be happier with East Coast Windows and Doors. Justin, Daniel and crew did an amazing job. Very professional every step of the way and amazing end result! I love my windows and doors. Thanks

Description of Work
Window replacements

Work Completed On 04/18/2018

01/09/2018

Denise C.

OMG, I can't say enough about this company! From start to finish, they did a fabulous job! They all were very professional and courteous, meticulous, pleasant to deal with and very clean. Andre was the supervisor on the job and did an awesome job and made sure everything was completed to my satisfaction. The windows look amazing! They cleaned up everything very nicely and even met the City inspector out at the property so I didn't have to take a day off work. I dealt with another window company at my primary residence and there was so much dust left behind that it took me 2 days to clean my house and they also took a lot longer to install just 6 windows.

Description of Work
I needed all 21 of the jalousie windows replaced with impact windows and 3 doors in my rental property.

Work Completed On 01/06/2018

Review for East Coast Windows & Doors Inc - 1711 SW 7th Ave, Pompano Beach, FL - 36740074

09/04/2017

Steve B.

Overall it went well. I feel it's very important for a prospective homeowner to understand how complex of a project this is from comparing companies / quotes and deciding who they are going to use, to the completion of the project. The project itself is major and messy and it warrants a company that is very committed to customer care and satisfaction. Overall, East Coast Windows and Doors did a very good job. It was clear that the staff from the owner, administration, sales, installation and other managerial support all demonstrated a strong commitment to the customer, professionalism and quality work. While I would and will recommend East Coast Windows and Doors without reservation, I would like to clarify the Angie's List rating system. While I graded every element with an A, if allowed I would have given A minus on two categories - Overall & Quality. If asked to explain this comment, I would say as a homeowner you have to be prepared to inspect all the work that is done once your items are installed. From every window/door functioning as you expected, interior and exterior window cleaning including frames and the quality of all the caulking - interior and exterior. In summary, if you are looking to purchased Impact windows and doors do not hesitate to call East Coast Windows and Doors - you will not be disappointed. Clearly this is an rated A rated company in every respect. To say I am a satisfied customer would be an understatement.

Description of Work
Impact windows and Doors were purchased and installed on my house.

Work Completed On 08/28/2017

08/01/2017

Ken D.

The guy was pretty good. The other company that I used beat them in price. They were responsive. They gave me a quote in a day. They were on time. I would not use them again, because I’m never doing this again. I’ve changed every window in my house. I won’t be alive long even to do that again.

Description of Work
They did a quote, but I didn’t use them.

Work Completed On 08/01/2017

06/29/2017

Michael F.

Called for pricing on a new front door for our customer service area of our business. After being transferred to 2 people, we were promptly told that they do not do single door jobs because their service team is too large to be bothered with that. #MustBeNice

Description of Work
Replacement/Upgrading of doors and pulling of necessary permits for our commercial building.

Category doors, hurricane shutters

Work Completed On 06/29/2017

We are sorry you felt that "we could not be bothered" with a one door installation. I can assure you that we would love to be able to do every job that calls in. However, and I am sorry if it was not explained well enough on the phone to you, we do not run a guy and a truck operation. The cost to send a full crew (we do not split crews) out for one door is very costly. We would still have to pay every person on the crew even though one guy could probably do it himself. So we could do it but we would have to charge you more than the job is worth in order to cover the overhead on the job. So to keep our quality high and our cost, to not only us but our customers as well, lower and competitive, we have had to set limits. We truly are sorry we were not able to help you and hope you found someone that was able to do it for you.

06/26/2017

Beth H.

They were quick to respond to my email inquiry but unfortunately I didn't meet their minimum job requirement. They were very apologetic and I did appreciate it very much. Eventually I plan on replacing my windows and I would definitely reach out to them again.

Description of Work
I was looking primarily to replace my front door which I have been having problems with. East Coast was very quick to respond to my email inquiry but unfortunately I didn't meet their minimum job requirement. They were very apologetic and I appreciate it. Eventually I plan on replacing my windows and I would definitely reach out to them again.

Category doors

Work Completed On 06/22/2017

Thank you for your understanding! And thank you for your nice comment. We look forward to working with you in the future.

06/17/2017

Chris S.

I literally spent almost two years researching this project as it was a big investment for me. I visited about 6 different companies around Ft. Lauderdale, looked at all the different manufacturers and their products, and had 4 local companies come to provide estimates. I decided to go with East Coast for a couple reason. The salesperson was very good and did not try and oversell me. He showed me the companies product lines and then walked the entire house with me asking what I wanted in each space. What I appreciated most was he offered me innovative solutions to a very large picture window I have in the from of the house - advising me he could find a better product for this window then the standard PGI solution the company uses. ( The window looks great by the way.) He also offered a better front door solution, recommending a local vendor that does a better job on bermuda doors. The other 3 companies had one product line from one company and only offered solutions from that manufacturer. I also appreciated the way East Coast did it's pricing. They gave me a straight forward quote - while all the other companies gave very high quotes - and then 'discounted' them by over $10,000 dollars or more. It was so hard to figure out actually pricing - as these huge discount made it look like a great deal - but many were still higher than East Coast. Of my top two choices- the second company lost my business when the salesperson called a few weeks later to tell me she had gotten an extra $2,000 on top of the $12,000 discount already offered for me as an extra special offer! SO - I knew this company's approach was to slowly see how much they could get from me by slow rolling discounts at me to see when i would bite. Totally ****** me off. East Coast was not the cheapest of the estimates - but the differences were very small comparatively. The permit and scheduling process took a bit of time, but once the crew got started - they pretty much finished everything in about 2 days - with one more day to make final touches. I am really pleased with the final product! The windows look great and they did a professional job on the caulking. One small think was the salesperson indicated they would fill the holes with filler that matched at least closely to the color of the house - which was not true. I will have to paint the house - but honestly it was my choice to have them remove all the shudders - so I knew this was likely going to be the case. Lastly - I appreciated how actively involved the owners and senior leaders of the company were in my project. The owners came to meet me, did a final review of the estimate and the measurements themselves, and they called and checked on the job throughout the process and after. I would highly recommend East Coast and am so glad I decided to go with them.

Description of Work
Replaced all windows and doors and removed old shutter system.

Work Completed On 06/17/2017

Review for East Coast Windows & Doors Inc - 1711 SW 7th Ave, Pompano Beach, FL - 35265939

It was a pleasure working with you! We really appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Thank you!

05/11/2017

Barbara S.

ECW did a great job. They always showed up on time and replaced all my old windows and patio sliding doors. I was very happy with their work and would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Installed impact windows and doors on my house.

Work Completed On 05/03/2017

Thank you! It was a pleasure working with you!

04/12/2017

frances J.

Excellent. I was dreading going through this process but east coast windows was so quick and efficient,it wasn't bad at all. The crew was polite and knowledgeable .There were no surprises or extra charges at the end of the job and had no trouble getting them out a few weeks later for a small adjustment.I would definitely recommend this company. From start to finish they were the ultimate professions!!

Description of Work
Replaced all windows and front door of house

Work Completed On 03/02/2017

Thank you so much for your wonderful testimonial! We appreciate your business and are happy that we have another satisfied customer!

01/14/2017

Thomas S.

I would recommend them. They were very professional. The estimate was spot on and it did have to have a repair service and they provided that to us.

Description of Work
We used East Coast Windows to put in complete windows and doors.

Work Completed On 04/01/2016