Charles Michel Painting Inc

Founded 1973 • With Angi since June 2009

Family-owned and operated painting company serving South Florida since 1973 with experienced employees. Licensed and insured. Residential and commercial interior or exterior painting. Crown molding, baseboard and trim installation. Pressure cleaning, waterproofing, and roof painting. Custom finishes, custom texturing, custom colors, color consulting, staining, and lacquering. Numerous faux finishes such as Venetian plaster, wood graining, cabinet refinishing, glazing, custom textures, Lusterstone, candle lighting, shadow striping, and much more…. “When it has to be done right”...

interior painting (98)house painting (21)woodworking (12)door installation (10)drywall (10)wallpaper removal (8)pressure washing (2)handyman (1)general contractors (1)

08/04/2019

Silvia M.

Charles Michel is great. He came to our rescue under special circumstances. The painting job was excellent. The painter was on time, meticulous, and very pleasant.

Description of Work
Painting of a bedroom.

Work Completed On 08/01/2019

07/03/2018

Donna B.

Charles worked with us to arrange the best time for us to have the work done and he made sure that everything was completed within our time frame. The workers were very professional, prompt and extremely pleasant and accommodating. They cleaned and prepared all the surfaces (pressure spraying, patching holes, etc.) thoroughly before beginning any painting on either the interior or exterior. We were very pleased with the quality of the work and the workmen. We highly recommend Charles and his company and would not hesitate to use them again.

Description of Work
We have a two-story home. Charles Michel Painting painted the interior of our 2 1/2-car garage and the entire exterior of the house.

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/25/2018

04/28/2018

John H.

Owner (Charles) stopped by and provided the original estimate and outlined what would be done. The crew was prompt and professional, with Charles stopping by to inspect the job as well. Called to confirm the day prior, arrived on-time, and finished the work on schedule. Plastic was applied to the entire house. Crew cleaned up well and put back whatever furniture was moved.

Description of Work
Painted all interior ceilings after popcorn removal/ knockdown

Work Completed On 03/19/2018

09/06/2017

GINNY B.

Painters were polite, professional, neat and all around pleasant to deal with. They did a great job.

Description of Work
Painted two rooms in my home

06/14/2017

Nancy P.

He never responded with an estimate.

Description of Work
He came to my house on a Friday to look at the rooms I wanted painted and said that he would send me an estimate on the following Monday. That was weeks ago. I never heard back from him.

Work Completed On 06/14/2017

06/01/2017

Janis O.

The contractor who removed the popcorn suggested we contact Charles Michel Painting Inc to do the painting. We were so pleased with the job they did. The quote was very reasonable compared to other quotes we had received, they arrived on time, went right to work, covered all exposed areas and applied 2 coats including a sealer. The ceilings look beautiful and they also did the a/c vents in every room. We are now going to use them to paint the outside of the house. Very pleased and would certainly recommend them.

Description of Work
All of the ceilings in our home needed to be painted after the popcorn was removed and the knock down applied.

Work Completed On 04/14/2017

04/17/2017

Tatiana C.

very well. Very nice and professional crew

Description of Work
had entire 1 bedroom condo repainted

Category drywall, interior painters, doors

Work Completed On 04/03/2017

03/29/2017

MARYANN K.

Charles Michael came out for the estimate, He was very helpful. He helped by make a decision on color selection, which I thought was really very important. Then he sent his crew in to do the work. They were very professional.

Description of Work
Gave me an estimate for the painting I needed done.

Category remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/10/2016

03/29/2017

MARYANN K.

When Charles Micheal came out he was just really helpful, helping me make a decision on the selection of a color, which was really very important. He's very helpful, takes his time, he's very calm and patient. He sent his crew to do the work. They were very professional.

Description of Work
They painted two bedrooms and then they did some cove molding and baseboards in one room.

Work Completed On 10/29/2016

03/25/2017

Steve S.

Charles and his crew were very professional and do outstanding work. They were there when they said they would be and finished on time. They even came back after our move and touched up where needed. I would recommend them to anyone and everyone.

Description of Work
They painted every wall inside of our home prior to us moving in.

Work Completed On 03/25/2017

Review for Charles Michel Painting Inc - 4421 NW 3rd Ct, Pompano Beach, FL - 34695957

03/23/2017

Terri H.

Painters arrived on time and put up plastic and drop cloths to protect my furniture and floors. Went smoothly and were done earlier than anticipated. Cleanup was flawless and I am more than pleased with the end result. I will definitely use their services again for additional painting both interior and exterior. Excellent experience and recommend without hesitation.

Description of Work
painting ceilings in 1300 sq/ft house after popcorn removal/application of knockdown texture

Work Completed On 03/16/2017

02/21/2017

Pam S.

It went wonderful! The owner came out and gave me a estimate. When I scheduled the work to begin the painters were here and were absolutely great! They were professional and went way beyond any other painter I have hired in the past. Everyone on my block is commenting on my house asking who did it. When it is needed again Charles Michael will be doing it.

Description of Work
They painted the outside of my house.

Category pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 01/19/2017

11/30/2016

Mary G.

For ceilings, I would use them again. I would just give things upfront which I didn’t do. I assumed they will use black paint, they didn’t but I had to have my ceilings done over again and I insisted they use black and if they didn’t, they told them they couldn’t do my ceilings but we came to a decision and it worked out. They could improve on upfront communication and I blame that on to myself as much because I assumed.

Description of Work
I used them to paint my ceilings.

Work Completed On 02/18/2016

11/14/2016

Julie M.

They did a great job. The crew was pleasant and professional.

Description of Work
Painting of the interior of my home.

Work Completed On 09/13/2016

06/24/2016

Beth M.

The communication was great and the painters respected my home by covering all areas with drop cloths and plastic. There were no pressure-filled sales pitches. Charles made a couple of suggestions, but he left the decision to me without pressure. I took him up on the ceiling caulking and the outcome is extremely professional-looking and clean. I would recommend them wholeheartedly and will definitely use them again in the future!

Description of Work
After removing the ceiling popcorn texture in three rooms, Charles Michel Painting repainted the retextured ceilings.

Work Completed On 06/24/2016

06/06/2016

Brian F.

If you need your house painted, look no further. While not the cheapest, not the most expensive. The price was good and Charles and his team were very professional. They did not drag the project out. They did it quickly and did an excellent job. Charles really helped in helping us pick our colors. He even took the time for us to narrow down to 3 house colors and 3 trim colors. He had his team apply all on the house and label. This allowed us time to decide on the final colors and get input from neighbors. Charles is a professional. He will absolutely ensure that you are 100% satisfied. Clearly this is a company that takes pride in its work and they deliver on the quality. I originally obtained them as a reference from 2 other neighbors in the area. They were spot on. You might find cheaper but it is like the saying goes: you get what you pay for. With Charles Michele you get a first class job done professionally. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Power washed entire house, caulked all windows, seams and cracks. Painted exterior and trim, Doors, Gutters and window frames.

Category house painters

Work Completed On 06/05/2016

04/23/2016

Anne-Marie B.

Great job by Nathan. I am somewhat particular (which is why I use Angie's List) and I was very happy with the job done and the communication provided by the owner. I definitely recommend this painting company.

Description of Work
My new knockdown ceiling was painted. Two coats were provided.

Work Completed On 04/21/2016

03/20/2016

Michele N.

This is the third time that I have hired Charles Michel Painting. He and his painters are experienced professionals and do an excellent job. My bathrooms and laundry room were being remodeled and Charles generously worked around an ever changing schedule that spanned a number of months. The crown molding and baseboards were beautifully installed. All woodwork was carefully prepped and painted as were the walls and ceilings. They always do an excellent job of prepping, which results in a great paint job. As an added bonus, Charles was very helpful with color selection. He has a great eye for undertones! I will be hiring Charles for my next paint job, which will be the exterior of my house. It is a pleasure to do business with Charles Michel Painting.

Description of Work
Installed and painted crown molding and baseboard in two bathroom, painted bathroom ceilings and primed and painted walls. Painted ceilings, walls and trim in a laundry room and two hallways. Four pairs of louvered doors were also spray painted.

Work Completed On 10/30/2015

02/05/2016

Christina S.

While we didn't end up using him as our original painter finally decided to finish the job, I wouldn't hesitate to use him for our next project! Thanks again for your advice!

Description of Work
We called Charles Michael because we had a problem with the original painter we hired! He came out the same day we called him and gave us great advice. I would definitely use them for any project in the future. He was prompt and very professional.

Work Completed On 02/02/2016

10/27/2015

Michael G.

This is the second time I have used this company for work at my house. The first time was a few years back. They are very neat and professional. I'm pretty picky about the quality of a job, such as straight lines, running drips etc. None of that in their jobs. If you are looking for a high quality dependable painting contractor I recommend this company.

Description of Work
Painted new master bath and bedroom

Work Completed On 10/01/2015

09/06/2015

Mitchell L.

The staff were very pleasant, punctual, and diligent. The quality of their work was excellent . They completed the job within the time frame quoted. We highly recommend Charles Michel Painting Inc!

Description of Work
Painted ceilings and did touch up of walls after removal of popcorn ceilings in our home.

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/03/2015

09/01/2015

Helen S.

They showed up on time and finished the job within the estimated timeframe. The entire team was extremely polite and professional. Nathan was particularly helpful and professional (listening to all my concerns about my color selection). The work was done with meticulous care and my house was left clean and free of debris every single day. I would not hesitate to hire this company again. Excellent workmanship and professionalism from job estimation to job completion.

Description of Work
Painted the ceiling throughout the house, painted crown moldings, baseboards, kitchen, family room, closets, living room, dining room , stairwell, hallway.

Category woodworking, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/12/2015

07/14/2015

Chrissy S.

I would highly recommend them for any painting or baseboard needs. Chuck is the owner. He did a great job communicating with me and with his team. His crew was very professional, organized and did a very good job with our home. They also helped us select paint colors which made the process go smoother than anticipated. We have been very happy with them.

Description of Work
In March they painted the entire interior of my home and put in new baseboards. In May & June they did some wall work and painted our living room and kitchen.

Category contractors, woodworking, interior painters