BNT Impact Windows and Doors Inc

Founded 2009 • With Angi since March 2013

590 SW 9th Ter

Pompano Beach, FL 33069

The principles are Tom Zeschke and Bret Robbins. Bret Robbins has been in the remodeling industry since the late 90’s and has specialized in turnkey property flipping from every angle. He decided to move on from being a “jack of all trades” to be “Master of one” and started working with windows in the early 2000’s and met up with Mr Tom Zeschke and decided to work for him in the retrofit / new construction window market. Tom Zeschke has been involved in the window industry here in South Florida since his High school days in the early 90’s. He is a former owner of TZ Window Inc that was located in Deerfield Beach and serviced the builders involved in the building boom in the 90’s and early 2000’s. He sold that company in 2002 and worked with a few different companies establishing window divisions for constructions companies specializing in new construction, until the opportunity presented itself to work with Bret and formulating a company with a unique talent for the residential retro-fit market here in South Florida. BNT Services Inc was founded in 2009 by Tom Zeschke and Bret Robbins when they decided to combine their mutual experience to form a dynamic company that offers the very best total experience when purchasing a very important component to houses here in South Florida. We at BNT specializes in a turnkey work ethic along with great customer service. Additional email - barb@bntserve.com, alex@bntserve.com bret@bntserve.com john@bntserve.com Brenda@bntserve.com tom@bntserve.com. Additional DBA - BnT Services Inc....

06/11/2022

Vanessa S.

We purchased a front door and after we had paid half and they confirmed delivery, they called an insisted we pay an additional $7,000 and wait 6 more months for the door. When they realized that wasn’t happening, they then offered us another door that we did not want and asked for an additional $1600, putting the door at $3,000 more than what our neighbor had purchased from them just two months prior. This is a company that cares only about lining their pockets and not about their customers. Extremely dissatisfied with this company that touts themselves as “the best.”

Description of Work
Front door

Category doors

01/13/2022

Howard R.

Ricky Bobby and his crew from BNT impact windows and doors was amazing! The installation was great quality,clean install and trouble free to deal with. Ricky is a true professional,extremely knowledgeable and will definitely use BNT and Ricky Bobby in the future for all of our Window needs . I would strongly recomend Ricky Bobby and BNT to my friends. Howard Rosenbaum & Jeff Kramer

Description of Work
new impact glass windows and doors

Category custom cabinets, replacement windows

06/03/2021

Kristen C.

Signed a contract on 11/19/20 for impact windows and put down a 40% deposit. It is now 7 months later and work hasn't even begun. From the beginning it has been delay after delay. They measured the windows wrong and had to come back. We emailed them the HOA approval several times and yet they kept misplacing it. Then they call us weeks later asking us if we had it yet. These initial delays are their fault, and likely caused several other customers to get in line in front of us. However, they take no responsibility for these delays and blame everything on supply chain issues due to the pandemic. Meanwhile they tell you point blank over the phone "we have 40% of your money and if you cancel, we'll keep it." After several calls (you have to call them, they never call you back) they finally offered me a measly $500 credit, which amounts to about a 1.5% discount. A measly 1.5% for sitting on my money for 7 months with no end to the delays in sight. They also of course have a lien on my property this entire time, despite being paid for almost half the job with nothing to show for it. This is preventing me from taking advantage of record low rates and refinancing my mortgage. They smugly told me if I pay them in full (after 7 months of zero work accomplished on my home), they could remove the lien. Zero customer service at all, you can tell in every conversation they don't care, because they have 40% of your money and know you can't back out. Update, since original review they have pushed installation date back 2 more times. Maybe they will get it done in 2022??? This company is horrible! Seven months and they haven't even started!

Description of Work
Impact windows

08/12/2020

marshall S.

The experience was excellent. They were punctual, affordable, and very professional.

Description of Work
They replaced all my window in my office.

09/08/2019

Dana P.

I researched quite extensively for a hurricane window installer and narrowed it to three using Angie's List. I received bids on all three. One installer showed an hour late and the other asked if I could send pictures and he would quote me over the phone, both of them were eliminated right away due to lack of professionalism. BNT runs a tight ship, always punctual (if they were going to be late they called in advance) and follows up on every email and phone call within 24 hours which is unheard of in today's business climate. Their salesman came to my home and reviewed all my glass options, explaining in detail how each type of coating worked and pro/cons of each. The entire installation process went smoothly and timely. There was one big problem with the handle but all it took was one call and the supervisor swiftly responded with a solution. There are so many window installer companies in S. Florida but what makes this company stand out is their customer service. I was thoroughly impressed. I highly recommend this company and will use them for our new home.

Description of Work
Hurricane Impact Windows for Condominium (One double sliding door, two large windows and one small bathroom window)

09/04/2019

Holly L.

It took from November to August to complete installation due to defective windows, re-ordering wrong windows and slow response.

Description of Work
Ordering and installation of hurricane windows.

09/04/2019

Valerie P.

Even though BNT did not install these sliding doors, they were willing to come over and service them. Octavia was so helpful in that she understood what I needed, obtained approval for service to be provided, and sent Mark over the next day, which was Friday before Hurricane Dorian hit the Bahamas. Mark was absolutely amazing -- he arrived on time, assessed the issues, and fixed the problem promptly. Thank you both and BNT for helping me and assuring that I would have no leaks if Dorian came my way!

Description of Work
Service of balcony sliding doors, primarily resealing and recaulking after 10 years

04/19/2019

PAUL C.

I had heard good things about this company. I took time off from work to obtain an estimate. The sales representative never show up and gave me no advance notice that the appointment would be cancelled. Not a good way to start a business relationship when the company has no respect for your time. Its best to look else where.

Description of Work
Estimate for Impact Windows

04/11/2019

Norma M.

Salesman was very nice and straight forward. He didn’t try to dazzle me with BS. I was told up front that there was a long wait from order to installation which was not a problem for me. I was scheduled for a two and half day installation. Installers showed up two hours late and rushed the job to finish in 2 days. The finishing work was sloppy at best with nails protruding and globs of caulk everywhere. They taped plastic to my walls and did cover my furniture, but instead of removing the covers carefully, they just ripped them down scattering debris everywhere and pulling the paint off my walls. I found shards of glass on my bed. The installer asked me to sign the walk through inspection before the install was completed. I found that to be highly unprofessional. My thresholds were left unfinished for several weeks waiting for someone to come out and install a final piece that apparently wasn’t ordered. I missed multiple days of work unnecessarily because of scheduling errors. I was told to be home for a final inspection and that they would call first thing in the morning to give me a time. I waited and no call came so I called them and spoke to answering machines before finally calling my city to find out that no inspection was ever scheduled. Another inspection was setup, and when the inspector arrived there was no permit on site. Another missed day of work for nothing. At this point I became so frustrated that I called to speak to the owner. I was told he wasn’t in and would call me back. He never did. Just this morning I got a call and email confirming FOR TOMORROW the inspection that actually took place today. So much of this could have been avoided if they had used the full two and half days for installation and perhaps given me just ONE responsive contact person.

Description of Work
Replaced all windows and doors with new impact windows.

04/10/2019

Marc H.

Fantastic experience... Very courteous and professional every step of the way. They made the entire process a pleasure. From the initial measurements to the installation to being there when the city came to inspect, they were very professional.

Description of Work
Impact windows

03/05/2019

Kathi S.

All the staff are professional, punctual and courteous. I recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Installation of hurricane windows and doors.

01/22/2019

Holly L.

We have a very old house (1947) with old Jalousie windows. BNT installed 12 impact windows, new sliding glass doors where there had previously been a window, and three impact doors. I LOVE MY NEW WINDOWS AND DOORS! Although we had a few wrinkles in installation due to the age of my house Brett did not stop until the job was done right. They open easily, look great, I can't hear any street noise now, and are well made and installed. The first month my electric bill went down by $100! Can't wait to see the difference in the summer but I feel a huge difference already. My laundry room always got really warm, now it is comfortable all day long even though there is no AC vent in there. And on the few cold days we have experienced my house, which always got very cold, has stayed much more comfortable. All the staff are very helpful. I highly recommend them and I wish I had done this sooner! Thank you BNT!

Description of Work
replace old windows and doors with impact windows and doors

12/22/2018

Karen C.

The BNT crew arrived first thing in the morning and finished what we thought would take 2 days in one. They replaced all my windows and doors. The crew was so friendly, professional, helpful and efficient. They did a beautiful job-- my house looks so different inside and out. I researched several companies and believe that I got an excellent deal, including thicker windows than other companies were offering. I would definitely recommend BNT to others. Wish I had more work for them. I enjoyed having the crew around!

Description of Work
Installation of impact windows and doors

10/25/2018

Brian H.

Delivery and installation fell right in the timeline given by sales representative James. Installation lead Emilio was knowledgeable, precise and professional.

Description of Work
Install impact doors and windows

10/04/2018

Georgine W.

I had a wonderful experience working with this company from start to finish. The sales rep was awesome and very responsive. The company was very professional and came through on all their promises. They were very accommodating with installation as I was living up North and had to schedule a trip to my home in Boynton Beach to get this completed. They installation team was awesome. They left no mess behind!! I had every window and door replaced in my home. Overall wonderful experience. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
High Impact Window and Door Replacement

09/21/2018

Robert C.

We had all our windows and doors replaced by BNT. While the PGT product is excellent, our overall experience with BNT was average at best, especially when I realized that their Angie’s List coupon was misleading. Notice the coupon states “Windows” in bold letters leading one to believe it’s a heading and not part of the coupon. The next line states “5% Off For Angie’s List Members”. Make sure you understand that the 5% off is ONLY ON WINDOWS (not doors or any other non-window product) which is usually the cheapest part of the order. When I disputed the misinterpretation with the sales guy and asked if they would change the wording to something like “5% Off Windows For Angie’s List Members” he assured me they would look into it – as of this review it hasn’t changed. Also, pay close attention to what’s written in the contract and try to detail your expectations clearly. There may be other potential (and deliberate) “misinterpretations” which could lead you to believe something else such as when payments are due. As far as their post installation service, one of the installed windows was ordered with an opening to the wrong side. I was told it had been ordered and 4-5 weeks later when they came out to fix several other installation issues, it had not been ordered at all. They then had to place a “second” order for the window and had to wait another 4-5 weeks. BTW, make sure you pay close attention during installation – the installers are sloppy and will try to perform the job as quickly as possible.

Description of Work
Replace all windows and doors with impact resistant

08/20/2018

Magda A.

Did not go well. Put a deposit an the money was returned a month later with no explanation. Had to beg for an explanation. "Not profitable enough for them". Sales person's estimate was too low. I had signed a contract and was very happy giving 1/3 of the money. They came highly recommended by friends. I thought I was in good hands. Apparently their representative/sales person was not doing a good job and I had to suffe the consecuences. I wasn't even given an option to pay moreor to do part of the work only.

Description of Work
Hurricane impact windows

Category replacement windows

Mrs. [Member Name Removed], I apologize but we did send an email explaining why we were unable to help you in your project. We would much rather prefer to send someone's deposit back than attempt to do a project we weren't able to handle for you. We never said it wasn't profitable enough for us, we said "Your job had some unexpected expenses and the quote you signed would not fit in our budget for your project". I explained that it wasn't just about the additional costs for labor but it was also the increase in material from the manufacturer. I do apologize your refund letter didn't further explain that but when you wrote us an email on March 9th about the same subject I did respond at length for you. Again, we would love to help everyone we speak with, even potential customers that highly recommend us, but we aren't always in a position to do every project. While we did think this was resolved in March when we spoke, I am unclear as to why in August you decided to review us, but nonetheless, I hope my response was as informative as it was in March for you. I did see in your review that we completed services for you, in fact we did not which is why we refunded you in the first place. Again, we apologized we weren't able to help you with your window project and we wish you the best with whoever you have chosen. Thank you Chris Young Director of Operations

08/03/2018

matthew C.

Recently had these guys install some impact windows, sliding glass doors, and entry doors. James Johansen got us our quote and helped set up our ygrene program. He was very helpful and responsive and quoted us a great price for this fairly large job. The install went great, the guys were very professional and did a fantastic job. You can tell they know what they are doing and the end result was better than expected

Description of Work
Impact windows and doors

Category replacement windows, doors

Hey [Member Name Removed], we're delighted to hear you had an amazing experience at BNT Impact Windows And Doors. Our guys on the ground deserve all the credit and we'll definitely pass your message to them. The team here has been at it for so many years and our combined experience makes us the best at what we do. Thank you, once again for the kind words, it was a pleasure doing business. - BnT Impact Windows And Doors

07/17/2018

Sean W.

It went very well. Jimmy Johansson and his crew are very professional. D&T services for the windows were perfect. When I left you couldn't tell they install the windows nice and clean no problems whatsoever recommended again

Description of Work
Hurricane windows installed

07/15/2018

Michael E.

BNT Windows is very professional, punctual and accommodative. James Johansen especially provided excellent customer service and recommendations at the onset which made us very comfortable with our decision to use BNT. Overall, very happy with the results so far.

Description of Work
Impact windows

05/30/2018

Ralph E.

I had the pleasure of meeting with Michael at my home to get an estimate for the installation of impact windows in my home. I was very pleasantly surprised by the professionalism and knowledge he demonstrated during our meeting. His honesty about the products and what his organization could do really blew me away. While I was not able to move forward at this time I would definitely reach out to him in the future for estimates on all my impact window projects.

Description of Work
Estimate for Impact window installation

05/23/2018

Jonathan E.

The experience was excellent. Everyone from the salesman, the office staff, the installers and the technician who came for the city's final inspection were very personable and professional. I was prepared by BNT for a 2 day installation. A crew of 6 arrived at 9 AM and were finished by 2 PM on the same day. They told me that sometimes old windows can be difficult to remove so they want to make sure the homeowner is prepared for the potential extra time. The installers covered everything by the windows. This helped a lot but there is still a lot of dust that went everywhere. OK, perhaps some of this dust was preexisting. :-) A good time for a spring cleaning anyway. Below my windows is an architectural feature of a ledge about 2 inches proud of the wall. On my living room window this feature had begun to separate from the wall and I had temporarily secured it with tapcons planning a permanent fix after the new windows were installed. During removal of that window the entire ledge separated and came off. I didn't notice until later when the crew had already put a form together and were filling it with cement to replace it. Awesome! The new PGT windows look great. BNT sent a technician for final inspection with the city. This made the inspection go very smoothly. Only had two minor issues that I found and were quickly corrected by the technician. I recommend BNT to anyone who wants a hassle free job. They are great!

Description of Work
10 windows and a side garage door replaced.

Category replacement windows, doors

Thank you very much for such a great review. We work really hard to offer the best service and the best possible environment, so I am happy to see that reflect on your project. I made sure the installers, sales, and technician got the recognition they deserved. They were delighted to see your review. John Stephens Senior Marketing Director

05/22/2018

Selden R.

Great job. Always on time and delivered a quality product as promised.

Description of Work
Hurricane windows and doors

05/21/2018

Dieter S.

Few months ago, I requested a quote for a service that has been sent timely, the employees have been polite and gave the required attention, however I had chosen another supplier as the contractor had booked it. I asked for a new quote in the beginning of April, for another project (Fort Lauderdale location). The Installation Manager stopped by my house at scheduled date and time. However, he never sent me a quote, even though I e-mailed and called him many times. One time he mentioned that he had sent it (however I never received it), asked me to confirm my e-mail address by text, what I did, and even so he never sent me the quote. After this, I still sent him one more e-mail that he never answered and at the end I sent him an e-mail copying two other BNT employees (that were very helpful on my first quote request) and even so I never received any answer.

Description of Work
Windows and Doors replacement to High Impact Windows and Doors

05/04/2018

guy S.

Installation was professional - This is the second time we used BNT windows and doors. The first tiem was to replace 9 foot tall windows at another location. Both jobs went very well.

Description of Work
Replacement of all doors and windows with impact units

Category remodeling, replacement windows, woodworking, doors, sunrooms