Allied Doors South Florida

Founded 1966 • With Angi since March 2006

Allied Doors has been family owned and operated since 1966! We specialize in garage door and garage door opener installation and repair. At Allied Doors we pride ourselves on our customer service!!...

A Service Provider's profile image

+5 more images

garage doors (88)door installation (11)window replacement (1)

12/20/2021

Martin P O.

Their estimate was professional and timely. It was just $400 more who I ended up going with .

Description of Work
Replace existing garage door with new jambs, motor with 360 LED lighting with camera exterior Keypad. Want an optional quote to insulate garage door.

Work Completed On 12/20/2021

01/03/2020

Robert S.

They installed it on schedule for the price agreed upon.

Description of Work
Replace garage door opener

Work Completed On 12/24/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review!

01/24/2019

Keith L.

Company rep called me back immediately and walked me through their offerings. Excellent company rep, great price, and this company rates very highly on my list.

Description of Work
Replace garage door opener and mechanism

Work Completed On 01/24/2019

Thank you for the kind words! So glad we could meet your expectations and service you :)

12/10/2018

Don B.

Outstanding! Allied handled everything came in on time and did top notch work.

Description of Work
Installed a new garage door and opener.

Work Completed On 11/28/2018

10/22/2018

Peter C.

The office support staff and the installer were great to work with. Installed just a few days after the order went in - installer did a great job!

Description of Work
New Garage Door

Work Completed On 10/22/2018

Thank you for the kind review! We are so happy to know you’re satisfied with the new door!

09/17/2018

Dane S.

The installer showed up first thing in the morning, they worked all day on it the installation was completed by late afternoon.

Description of Work
New impact rated 2 car garage door

Work Completed On 09/06/2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We truly appreciate your business and are glad to hear you’re satisfied!

04/30/2018

Angela R.

They installed a garage door on my previous house. Ten years of problem-free service. Professional, friendly, prompt... and door looks greats!

Description of Work
Garage door installation

Work Completed On 03/01/2018

Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words!!

11/02/2017

Dean A.

Great. Through my Costco membership, garage doors are available for installation and purchase through Allied Doors South Florida. Barbara in the office was fantastic with communication. The company rep showed up as promised two days after I requested a quote. He was professional, helpful, and not at all pushy. After I agreed to do business with Allied/Costco, work was completed less than two weeks later. The installer was right on time and did a great job. The price of the job was a couple of hundred dollars less than comparable competitors. I had a question shortly after the installer left, and Barbara helped me over the phone to my satisfaction. They arranged for a building permit to be pulled at no extra charge.

Description of Work
Replace garage door with impact garage door including new motor and remotes.

Work Completed On 11/02/2017

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for taking the time to write a kind review! It was a pleasure working with you as well.

09/21/2017

Jay M.

Over the phone they said normal turnaround time for delivery and installation was 3-4 weeks. Next day they came and measured; very nice experience. Three days later my new garage door was installed!!! The installer, Jorge V. did and excellent job! He was very professional, knew what he was doing and took the time to do it correctly. He cleaned up after himself. Very satisfied with his work and the overall experience, as it should alway be. -"Price it and do it right and they will come".

Description of Work
Excellent job!! I needed my 2 car garage door replaced.

Work Completed On 09/21/2017

09/03/2017

Leonard M.

very well. had o come out next at to redo trim that was too short ad tweek the doors

Description of Work
replace garage doors

Work Completed On 09/03/2017

06/09/2017

Marissa F.

Carolina was very nice and helpful. She sold me a new keypad that I can install myself and saved me some money.

Description of Work
Needed a new keypad.

Work Completed On 06/09/2017

06/02/2017

Norman T.

Well. I would have liked more complete maintenance of both doors, but they did a very good job on the broken wires I had called them for. Also they made us wait over a week to schedule the repair.

Description of Work
Garage door repair and maintenance

Work Completed On 05/10/2017

01/26/2017

Robert R.

When I called, they told us that they couldn't come for another week. In a week, a lot of things can happen. In fact, that day, after getting the garage fixed by another company (Garage King) we actually did have an emergency and my wife did have to go to the doctor.

Description of Work
Asked if they could come fix a spring on my garage door due to a handicapped vehicle being trapped inside (my wife is in a wheelchair).

12/12/2016

Robert M.

Team investigated the issue and solved quickly

Description of Work
Simple sensor fix for garage door opening unreliably

Work Completed On 12/12/2016

12/06/2016

ava L.

the gentleman showed up on time and was quick and efficient. very happy

Description of Work
garage door replacement

Work Completed On 12/06/2016

06/21/2016

C S.

Timely response on estimate and installation. 2 man crew finished in a couple of hours with no surprises. Their service is as it should be, but often times is not!

Description of Work
Installed double garage door purchased through Costco.

Work Completed On 05/01/2016

04/28/2016

Paul L.

They did an awesome job in repairing the entire long panel of the garage that was damaged when an intruder klcked in our garage trying to gain entry in our house. The first arrived a week prior to give my wife a quote and the quote was what they stated. Highly recommend this company for all your garage needs!

Description of Work
They arrived 10 minutes early of their appt 7:48 am and their appt was 8:00 am Very reliable, awesome work and I would highly recommend them! They replaced an entire panel of the garage that was kicked in by someone

Work Completed On 04/28/2016

We are glad we could help you out! Thank you for taking the time to review.

02/08/2016

Amy W.

They were $200 cheaper than other quotes I received. They were very punctual, clean, and did an excellent job.

Description of Work
They removed my old garage door and installed a new track, motor, and key pad.

Work Completed On 01/30/2016

Thank you for the awesome review!

12/24/2015

Jeff K.

Repair tech, Antonio, arrived on time and confirmed gear sprocket assembly was bad and replacing it would solve the problem. Would cost $135 total. We discussed pros/cons of just doing the repair or replacing the entire opener. Tech was not sales pushy at all and actually mentioned if it were him he would just go with the repair but if I wanted the extra piece of mind - the model I had asked to be brought had a better warranty (lifetime motor & belt), would be quieter (belt driven), had WiFi internet communication and could be controlled by computer, tablet, smartphone, etc. I opted to replace the opener. $420 total vs $135. Other opener models were available for less. I think the comparable model I had would have been about $300 total. Very pleased with the model I selected and very satisfied with Allied Doors South Florida. We used them to replace the garage door to a hurricane impact one and were satisfied with that process too. Definitely recommend them and will use again.

Description of Work
Determine if garage door opener gear sprocket assembly replacement would fix problem or replace with new garage door opener. Asked tech to bring new garage door opener as an option. Already decided on a possible replacement model they had in stock.

Work Completed On 12/09/2015

Thank you [removed member's name]! You were a pleasure to work with and we are so happy we could accommodate your needs.

07/17/2015

Helene F.

June 7, 2013 Allied came out to respond to my complaint the door was not operating smoothly. It would raise up about two feet, make a LOUD BAM!! and stop. I'd have to push the button again to get it un-stuck. It would then move downward, hit the floor, then proceed upward until fully opened. On 6/7/13, Allied technician Robert M. came out and installed a light socket on the unit, and lubricated the door per work order and Invoice #CS160051, I was charged $97.17 which I paid on the spot. Thereafter, the garage door continued to fail. August 16, 2013 I reported the same problem to Allied who sent Robert M. again. Robert installed twelve (12) short stem steel rollers. This was Robert's interpretation of what was needed to repair the door. I was invoiced $89.50 on Allied's Invoice #CS161429, but after some discussion, that figure was reduced. The door continued to fail. June 3, 2014 I reported to Allied although I was not driving due to illness for many months and rarely lifted the door, the door was behaving exactly the same; was sticking and was VERY loud. Was told by Alllied " it probably needs new rollers". (??#**!!#!!??) Oct. 13, 2014 I invited a second company to come examine the door for a much needed second opinion. Was told the short stem rollers were incorrectly installed and needed to be replaced. Was advised by the second company to call Allied back and have them correct the problem. November 4, 2014 I called Alliled back again and reported my findings. Had the unfortunate experience of speaking with the local owner of Allied's South office, NINA ROMANELLI. NINA would do her company a service by banning herself from all communication with all customers. She refused any cooperation in addressing the problem stating too much time had passed. When I explained I had a very reputable company come out for a second opinion, she stated she never heard of that company and attempted to end the conversation right there. Nina was snarky and rude and I eventually hung up. After doing some research I attempted to speak to the real owner of Allied, Nina's father, MR. NICK ROMANELLI. I was informed there was nothing Mr. Romanelli could do; he currently works out of the Allied North office and was unavailable. I tried calling NICK ROMANELLI three or four times thereafter and politely left a message with "JAMES" that I would appreciate his guidance; that he was in charge when his company won the original Arvida bid which was the reason my home had an Allied door in the first place. I mistakenly thought the man would give a d***. Wrong. Mr. Romanelli returned no calls. Meanwhile, Angie's List has repeatedly asked me to report on my experience with Allied. I have lived with the problem since then until recently reading an article about how dangerous it is to not keep a heavy garage door serviced even if its rarely used. July 14, 2015 Made one final attempt to call Allied. Spoke with VIVIAN, a customer service person with alot of technical knowledge. She politely listened to the whole story, then offered her opinion. She recommended she send out a very knowledgeable, seasoned Technician (Antonio) to start over, nail down the problem, and accomplish the repair. Vivian explained there would be a mandatory minimum trip charge of $95.00. I chose not to rip her head off and we agreed on today, Friday, July 17, 2015 between 9 and Noon. At approximately 11:00 A.M. today, a young man named Paul showed up and advised Antonio was "not working the Weston area today". Realizing at that point I was never going to get any decent service out of these people, I quietly pulled the plug. Allied is a big company totally unable to adequately fix their own problems. Any garage door company that works with alittle HEART could eat Allied's lunch any day of the week. I highly recommend that people avoid this group of un-professionals. Dee Fontanella, Weston, Florida

Description of Work
Since June 2013, I've had the mis-fortune of dealing with Allied Doors South in Pompano Beach, Florida with reference to repair of my garage door at my home in Weston, Florida. To summarize, the door has been malfunctioning for two years. Allied has been out three times and its been a comedy of errors. Each time they come, they charge me another trip charge FOR THEIR MISTAKES without fixing my garage door. They've mis-diagnosed the problem, installed the wrong rollers, been unsuccessful in fixing the door, simultaneously exhibiting a nasty, unprofessional attitude in their treatment of the situation. The local owner, Nina Romanelli, totally lacking customer service skills, should avoid answering the telephone. Here's the details:

Work Completed On 07/17/2015

We welcome the opportunity to respond to feedback from Angie's List members. Rather than go into detail as to the accuracy of these comments we would just like to note that we make every effort to satisfy our customers. It is unfortunate that this member feels this way regarding our service. We pride ourselves on customer satisfaction which has given us the opportunity to remain a leader in the industry for the past 50 years. We appreciate all feedback and are happy to answer any questions regarding our customer service. Thank you to Angie's List members for your business.

06/26/2015

John S.

Came out for service on a weekend, tech was very professional and didn't charge me the service call because I needed more help than he could provide on this visit. Monday came and I got a call scheduling service for a few days out and given a price. Tech was on time and professional. Work was said to be "more than what I was quoted for" but they didn't increase the price. There were a few little things they did not do that they said they would. I think that was probably the trade off for the extra work. Bottom line, price stayed the same and they did do a good job, I will definitely use them in the future.

Description of Work
They replaced springs, torsion bar and had to do a total overhaul of a poorly installed door. Change tracks etc

Work Completed On 06/25/2015

Thank you for your feedback. It was a pleasure to do business with you.

04/27/2015

Judy J.

They were very professional and reasonably prices.

Description of Work
They changed the springs on the right side of our garage door.

Work Completed On 04/20/2015