Art Construction of NW FL LLC

Founded 2002 • With Angi since March 2011

11 W 23rd Street Suite B3

Panama City, FL 32405

Call for Free Estimate TODAY! 850.215.3948 Art Construction out of Panama City, Florida specializes in commercial and residential roofing and construction. Our vision is to be your full service roofing contractor with expanded services in roof maintenance and repair. We are vigilant in our search

10/25/2022

Susanne F.

Art Construction did a great job on my roof replacement! Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Roof replaced

08/26/2022

Mary S.

Art construction replaced a metal roof for us last winter and it was a nightmare. The job was supposed to take a week and it took two months. They left part of the roof exposed for two weeks (they said they covered it but didn’t cover all of it) and we had inside damage to our kitchen, bedroom and master bath. The crown molding was separating from the walls, the wood floors were ruined and a mattress was completely soaked. When they finished, we had another leak in a bathroom where a vent wasn’t done properly causing us to have the ceiling repainted. They sprayed Clorox on it, but of course the stain came back so we had to repaint. The subcontractor they hired to install guttering did such a crappy job they had to come back and reinstall it 3 times. It still doesn’t catch any rain water that comes off the roof. They also drove their truck with a ladder on top into our garage and damaged the stucco. I’ve been reluctant to write a bad review because I knew they’d have to come back to fix more leaks, which they did this week. All of our porches leak every time it rains. We also have dark spotted stains on the underside of the metal over the porches and eves which they claim is not their problem. All we can do is hope it doesn’t rust. They’re constantly making excuses as to why none of this is their fault - bad subs, bad timing, bad products etc. Do your self a favor and run from this contractor.

Description of Work
Install new roof

Category awnings, decks, gutter repair, roofing

08/05/2017

Bob M.

They did a great job. Their pricing was in the middle. They were not the cheapest but they were not the most expensive. They were responsive. They did it when they said they would. They cleaned up afterwards. They did a good job. I would use them again in hopefully 20 years. They did it in 2 days. I had talked to some other people and heard some good things. They do what they agree to do, and they did it in good time.

Description of Work
Replaced roof.

07/05/2017

Kathy F.

I was contacted by the office staff to make arrangements for the roof repair. Communication was excellent. They crew arrived when they said and began work immediately. The old shingles were removed shortly after noon of the first day. Several sheets of OSB needed to be replaced because of rotten spots. I saw each one and new each needed replacement. The crew did a great job of removing and replacing each sheet. By the end of the first day all OSB along with, the new felt material was placed upon the roof, plus the crew began the metal eaves drips. Before the end of the second day the new shingles were all replaced.

Description of Work
I contacted Ryan Vess with Art Construction to receive an estimate for replacing the shingles on my roof. Ryan was arrived on time and provided an estimate soon after we met. After receiving several other estimates, I decided upon Art Construction for two reasons; one was the tremendous reviews I read online and the second was the confidence I would receive a professional job.

06/05/2017

Valerie S.

It went very well, the crew did an excellent job. Very respectful and thorough in the clean up.

Description of Work
Roof replacement.

04/10/2017

Tammy S.

Art Const. did a great job. They even started a few days earlier than scheduled. Guys showed up on time. Left on time. Cleaned up all nails and trash. I would like for at least one of the workers to have spoken English though. They do need to work on their response time. They were moving offices, someone was on vacation these were the reasons I was given each time I did not get a return phone call before the job was done. All in all though GREAT work done. We are awaiting estimates from them now on our next home project.

Description of Work
Roof repaired and replaced

02/01/2017

Erin Renee S.

This is an exceptional company! Sales Rep., Ryan Vess with Art Construction came recommended to my husband and I about two years ago. At first we visited with a few other roofing companies, one became extremely difficult to contact the others were great, a little pricey but still competitive. As soon as we met Ryan Vess we easily negotiated a great estimate, financing and scheduling dates for the roof replacement. Everything went smoothly and professional from that point on. We knew we had a top notch company working for us! Contractors are easy to contact, and the office staff are pleasant, informed and enjoyable to speak with. A year later we sold our second home in PCB FL and needed to have a roof replaced ASAP. This is when we became so impressed with this company. It seemed impossible but, again, everything worked out beautifully! Thanks ya'll, we have recommended Art Construction to friends, and will continue to do so. Mrs. Stroud

Description of Work
Roof replacement on our newly bought home in Lynn Haven, FL. Plus, one year later we needed a new roof replaced on our second home in PCB FL.

01/29/2017

Charles W.

Overall well, but disappointed in the last day when final payment due. There was a fairly minor thing that was damaged during roof replacement. Mr Ryan Vess did not disagree that they had damaged it. I was told there due it all man was very busy at the time but he would get to it in the next 2 weeks. Ryan shook my hand & guaranteed it would be completed very soon & I turned over the final payment on 10/28/16. After 3 calls made to Ryan over the next 2 months with each time his stating he couldn't believe that it wasn't done yet. I decided that I had relearned a valuable lesson, never make final payment till the job is completed completely. Even when your dealing with otherwise reliable vendors & you even know the owner Mr Bowers personally. The other comment about Art Construction is the work crew was from south of the border, which I had no problem with. The problem was when I had a question or comment, I could not relay it due to language. The actual work crew I will give & A+ to. A Mr TJ Prime was supposed to be the go between myself & the crew. He was never there, I did call him with a concern he came over stood & listened to me for a few minutes between taking phone calls. Advised he would handle it, then left with out speaking to crew. Not impressed with Mr Prime. I would strongly suggest to Art Construction that they have someone at the work site that the owner can speak to on a regular basis when were spending that kind of money! Over all I give Mr Ryan an A, he just needs to follow trough on the final details to the end. I give the actual working crew an A+ they were prompt & hard working.

Description of Work
Complete roof replacement.

01/24/2017

John B.

They did a great job. It cost a little more than I expected because of the need to replace rotten wood due to my not replacing the roof sooner. They also put on hurricane clips to bring the roof up to code. That also added to the cost but as a result I am saving enough on my homeowners insurance to pay for the entire job within five years. They did a very professional job. I have had two occasions to call them out to look at small leaks. Each time I got a call back within an hour and someone out to fix the problem the next day. They have been a great bunch of people to work with and I will definitely call them in the future if I need any service they provide.

Description of Work
I had Art Construction replace a shingle roof.

12/20/2016

Buddy P.

They did a Wonderful job in a timely manner. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Roof and Soffit Replaced. They removed old Asphalt Shingles Renailed decking to the new code. installed new underlayment an new Metal roof. Another one of their crew removed the old Soffit and replaced with new.

12/18/2016

Bob M.

Up through signing on, it went great - very responsive - answered all questions. While the actual quality of work appears good (except for damage to gutters, sprinklers etc - expected some) the ability to extract information was tough. Once the work crew arrived, my poor Spanish and their poor English didn't always get the point across. Had concerns and tried to determine the quality of the roof plywood (told all was good) but two sheets were replaced and no one knows where.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

09/18/2016

Lynn R.

I'm sorry to write this review because I wrote one when they first came that was all As. They did a professional and prompt job, and the owner was easy to deal with. I'm not sure what has happened, but that roof is leaking, we need it fixed (less than 4 years after it was done). I called and the owner sent out someone who said we needed a whole new roof, I guess not realizing that they had replaced the porch roof which should have lasted decades. I called and also emailed 3 times. He said he would get back to me, but I cannot get a response. Downgrading from A based on roof leaking within 4 years and no one coming to fix it.

Description of Work
Roofing our porch/repairing roof leak

07/20/2016

Karen G.

We had a great experience from beginning to end. Ryan who gave us the estimate was very personable and patiently answered a lot of questions. The work was scheduled in a timely manner, and the crew who did the work were excellent. We were especially pleased with the attention to detail given to protecting our property and yard. The crew completely covered our pool with tarps to keep debris out of it. Also, they cleaned thoroughly each day and constantly used the magnet to retrieve nails from the yard. The project manager checked the progress of the work and made sure it was done correctly.

Description of Work
Replaced our roof and 3 skylights.

05/31/2016

Paul F.

They did a great job and they were done in a day. I would recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
They replaced our roof.

05/13/2016

Michael B.

I initially called because I wanted some loose shingles replacing. There had been high winds, and shingles had blown off the roof. They advised me that they do not offer this service, but they could add a tarp over the roof instead. This wasn't ideal, but since the forecast was for very heavy rain for the next 4 days, I OK'd it. They came out quickly, and performed a nice neat job to be fair. $250 cost for that. I also wanted to get quotes for the rood replacement, since it was time to get a new roof on the home, and I was shopping around already. I had honestly settled on using them regardless, because of their numerous good reviews right here on Angies List, and other sources like BBB etc. I just wanted to pay for the tarp job and clear that up, before moving on to the roof - that was like getting blood from a stone. It took me a little over 3 weeks, numerous phone calls and messages left for somebody to finally send me an invoice. I was surprised how difficult it was to give a company my money! Anyway, moving on to the roof quote, I was trying to reach TJ several times, left voice messages, text messages and emailed via the website and never heard back. Nobody returned my calls / texts / messages - so I took my business elsewhere. Poor experience, not very professional, and a little frustrating chasing people down all the time, when I'm about to be spending upwards of $13-$15k.

Description of Work
Installed a temporary over an area of the roof, prior to quoting for a new roof replacement.

03/21/2016

Blake H.

I can't say enough great things about the Art Construction team. David Bowers was timely and responsive to all of my questions. Our salesperson Ryan Vess stayed in constant contact with us and their roofing team showed up on time and even waited out the rain one day to ensure our roof was completed on time. Highly recommend to anyone in the area in need of a new roof or other home improvements!

Description of Work
Installed a new shingle roof.

02/25/2016

Bonnie M H.

Work went as planned. They showed up on time. The old roof was a bear to remove and it took them almost a week because of the staples the last roofer had applied to the tar paper. We love our new roof!

Description of Work
Tore off old shingles on roof and applied a metal roof.

10/10/2015

Sherri R.

They did a great job. They were very thorough.

Description of Work
Installed new roof s on two houses.

09/22/2015

David H.

Bought a house with a badly leaking roof. They re-roofed the house and replaced 3 skylights. They also had to replace 11 sheets of plywood underlayment. Also repaired a rotting area of soffit. They used the GAF 50 years shingles. They did a very good job. The only negative was that they started the job a couple of days late, and the job took a few days longer than predicted. Would use them again. Good quality work.

Description of Work
Re-roof house.

08/24/2015

Analee B.

Enjoyed working with this company. They ran a few days late, but I think that was more due to the rain than anything else.

Description of Work
Replaced our shingled roof with a metal roof.

08/11/2015

Tina F.

Ryan Vess was excellent. He provided great customer service and went above and beyond to ensure we got a new roof. The crew was very respectful and worked hard. Very pleased all around with Art Construction.

Description of Work
Removed two layers of tar and gravel roof and placed modified torch down roof.

08/10/2015

Gail C.

Went great. They did a good job cleaning up,after removing old roof as well. A very professional opperation. We are construction contractors from Birmingham, Al and we were very impressed.

Description of Work
New roof.

08/07/2015

Lois A.

Ryan Vess, the sales person was very professional. He arrived on time and inspected the roof, gave me an estimate, told me what could be done by Art Construction of NWF. The estimate included bringing the roof up to date with the specs that state of Florida requires for the Hurricane Wind Mitigation(which determines the cost of home owners insurance). He is a certified inspector and knew the details of what needed done which was more than the 3 other bids I got for the reroof. That was a plus for me. Ryan set up the job with his company and followed thru until job was complete with Inspection report and sending it to insurance agency. Ryan did an excellent job. Also the project manager TJ Prime had a crew of 5 men who did a wonderful and timely job of removing old roofing down to plywood surface and completing the job with clean up of debris etc. Ryan and TJ paid a visit to me and inspected the roof and work that was done and at that time I paid the bill.I feel blessed that I chose a reputable company with a very good sales person and also Karen, who manages the office at Art Construction of NWF.

Description of Work
Reroofed single family home

Category roofing, hurricane shutters

07/20/2015

Marty K.

Everything about this company was professional, from the initial contact to the final inspection. I live in a beach area prone to hurricanes so a good roof is imperative to keeping a reasonable insurance rate. After doing much research, I decided on Art Construction. Art Construction sent a well dressed, and well spoken representative who showed me samples of the materials and was happy to answer my long list of questions. Prior to the installation day, he continued to answer my questions about screw material, shingle material, plywood and others covering all aspects of the construction. My backyard is closed off and I have a large deck on the front of my house so I was worried as to how workers and materials would get to the roof. On the day of the installation, a large truck and a crane appeared and within minutes, all of the materials had been lifted onto my roof with little noise and disruption. There was a short rain delay, but within 48 hours, it was all done and all cleaned up. A worker went over my lawn and carport with a large magnet to pick up any stray nails/screws and they were great at picking up all of their scrap materials and leaving my area as they found it. All in all, I am very pleased with the results. The price was right as was the high level of workmanship and use of a high-quality materials. I would highly recommend Art Construction to anyone looking to have a new roof installed in my area.

Description of Work
Art Construction removed my old roof and replaced it. In addition, they replaced a leaking skylight.

06/12/2015

Margaret P.

He was on time and did the inspection, but I never received the invoice or report. My boyfriend met him at the house and said he took a caulk gun up and did some work around a vent, but I don't know what he did. He told my boyfriend that we needed some minor work, but never put it in writing. I called for the invoice and they were nice enough on the phone, but still no written report. Pretty disappointing.

Description of Work
Roof inspection