Kevin's Tree Service Inc

Founded 1987 • With Angi since March 2006

3020 Kananwood Ct Ste 1024

Oviedo, FL 32765

Family-owned & operated. Kevin’s Tree Service has been providing the tree services in Central Florida for nearly 30 years. We pride ourselves on the highest level of customer service and professionalism. No matter where you live within Central Florida, we can take care of your tree service needs. ...

09/11/2020

gene B.

3 No shows.... 3 days off from work....

Description of Work
tree removal

Category firewood

08/10/2020

frank H.

Wanted to cut tree limbs over my house, Kyle came out, gave me a good price $1600. I have large oak trees from the neighbors property that overhang my house. I live in another state and couldn't be there. They wouldn't do the job until they got paid first. After they left, I had a property manager take some pictures which I told Kyle to do to start with but he failed to do until about a week later. I found out they only cut one limb from from this big oak tree but left another big limb from the same tree hanging over the house. Since I already paid them they didn't want to go back and finish the job. I talked to the owner and he said he would go out and look at the job. He said that if they left a tree limb over the house they would take care of it. It took him 2 weeks to check it out but he said it would cost me another $1000 to cut limb even though it was from the same tree. Then he said he could price match but he when back on his word after I showed him another estimate.

Description of Work
Had Tree limbs removed

07/21/2020

Bob K.

So disappointing. I leave work early to meet Kyle at my house at the confirmed time of 3:30 PM to give me an estimate for the removal of a large tree. After waiting an hour without a call from Kyle to tell me he would be late, I call the office to see if he is still coming and I was told he would be heading to me next. Kyle never showed or called to apologize....completely unprofessional.

Description of Work
Removal of a large tree in my front yard - Never Showed Up

03/19/2020

Charles H.

Excellent, prompt service, explained what they were going to do, cleaned up great job.

Description of Work
Trees trimmed, canopy lifted, take large branches off over the house

Category tree service

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Kevin's Tree Service. We look forward to serving you again. -DG

01/28/2020

Mike M.

Excellent work, done quickly and the estimate was very competitive. I should have had them remove the wood chips from the stumps though as I thought that was included. But after re-reading the estimate, it was not. Also, some parts of my yard had gouges from the heavy equipment that I'll have to fill in. This is the second job they've done for me and I would still hire them back again.

Description of Work
Removed 2 trees & stumps, removed 2 other tree trunks & stumps, and trimmed up 2 other trees

Category tree service

We know that you have many choices when doing business and we appreciate your selecting Kevin's Tree Service. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you. -DG Sometimes our machines can leave ruts in the yard depending on the soil/sand hardness. Next time, if this happens, please call the office and we will be happy to take care of it. Most times our crew uses plywood when they can to prevent this kind of situation as well.

08/21/2019

Noel K.

Very well. They had to reschedule and called promptly to let us know. They performed the work quickly and professionally. The yard was cleaned up so well you could not even tell they had been there if it were not for the trees looking wonderful after the trim and the small tree being removed. We would certainly use them again. When they visited to give us the quote we had arranged for quotes to be done for our neighbors. We will encourage our neighbors to use Kevin's! Thank you.

Description of Work
2 trees trimmed and a small tree removed

Category tree service

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Kevin's Tree Service in Oviedo. We look forward to serving you again.

08/19/2019

William P.

The crew did an excellent job and it was not an easy task since the trees were all over 40 years old and massive. The price was competitive, they were focused on customer satisfaction, had the right equipment, and were capable. Couple little minor glitches that they remedied. Job took longer than expected but they stayed late on a Friday evening until the job was complete. Any future tree work and this is the first company I'd turn to.

Description of Work
Removed 6 large pine trees

08/03/2019

DONALD S.

Thanks to Jay’s crew, the job went incredibly great, they called and confirmed day before and morning of. The racked and cleaned up EVERYTHING.

Description of Work
Trimming trees around house and thinning them out

Category tree service

Thank you for the great review. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you. Please call us again whenever we can be of further assistance. -DG

07/18/2019

Maha E.

I was given an estimate taking into consideration that the crew would have to work around bushes and a fence. The estimator has advised me they could do it cheaper if I didn’t mind if the bushes were damaged. Not only did they destroy one of my 6 foot azalea bushes but they refused to call back and discuss the issue with me (I’ve left multiple messages at the office ). The crew was respectful when they came in, I brought this to their attention while they were here, and they did get the trees down however they tore up a bush and took apart my fence (nullifies a labor warranty I had on the fence)

Description of Work
Had a couple of large trees removed and stump grinding

Category tree service

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. It was an uncommon instance and we will take this as a learning experience and we’ll do better.

06/03/2019

Thomas & Carole G.

Great. Did a very careful and professional job. All the workers were very hard working and courteous. We were very satisfied with everything.

Description of Work
Tree removal and trimming

05/01/2019

Joan M.

they did an excellent job removing the tree & cleaning the debris after. Would definitely hire them again

Description of Work
very tall palm tree removal

Category tree service

Thank you for the great review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Kevin'[Member Information Removed] Tree Service. We look forward to serving you again. -DG

04/10/2019

Darcy A.

Outstanding work! Professional, worked in a safe manner, respectful of my property, completed the job in a timely manner. They worked hard, price was very reasonable.

Description of Work
Two trees removed, grind 6 stumps.

03/08/2019

Marco I.

Team showed up on time, they were really quick to cut the one tree and also clean up the other two trees and clean up after themselves. The 2nd team came a little later in the day to grind the stump and also left the area clean. It took about a week for the first onsite visit to quote, which I can understand as I was a bit outside their normal travel radius. Once I accepted their quote, it took about 3-4 days for them to come by and do the work. Mostly due to my own scheduling though. Overall, pleased with their work and I would call them again If I needed to get another quote.

Description of Work
Tree Cut down, some other trees cleaned up

02/07/2019

Walt R.

Kevin’s tree service team were on time, very professional and did all the work that was included in the contract. And then cleaned up all of the debiris and put it in the chipper. My yard looked so much better.

Description of Work
Tree work consisting of raising the canopy of some tree and then cutting off limbs to a tree close to my open pool.

02/06/2019

Robert H.

I had to get a large tree removed due to it pushing up my driveway. They came out within a couple of days, provided a written estimate, and came out the following week to perform the removal. This was close to power lines, so was a tricky cut, but they had a large team that made short work of it, and it came out perfectly. Now I can get my driveway replaced. This is the 2nd time I have used Kevin's Tree Service, and they will always be my go-to for any tree removals or tree trimming.

Description of Work
Camphor tree removal next to driveway

01/31/2019

Kathy E.

Kevin's Tree Service is professional and punctual. It is also a pleasure to do business with the office staff. We got a quote back quickly, scheduled the service, and now it's done and our trees look beautiful. We will definitely ask them to come back when we need help again.

Description of Work
Kevin's Tree Service trimmed four palm trees and removed a small tree (that included stump grinding).

12/01/2018

Dan S.

Tony and his crew did an outstanding job. I had a couple of specific requests on what I wanted trimmed and told Tony to use his judgement when he got started. He said he would prune them like they were on his property and he did not disappoint. I am very pleased with the job they did and when they left, my yard looked better than it did before they started. They certainly know how to cleanup after themselves! I used Angie's List and picked the top three to call for estimates. Kyle happen to be in the area and was there within an hour. I had already had my other two guys there and thought I had made my choice already. He demonstrated very quickly he knew what he was talking about because this was my 3rd walk through and I was feeling very knowledgeable. When I received my quote I was pleasantly surprised as Kevin's Tree Service has the best ratings out there and they out bid the other two by a nice amount. I would recommend these guys to anyone. Tony is the man!

Description of Work
3 large live oaks pruned and vines removed that were growing throughout in the upper limbs.

10/05/2018

Dennis H.

It was a great experience all throughout the quote, acceptance and work completion process there was clear communication and a high level of professionalism. We expanded the amount of work from our original request so an additional visit was needed to verify expectations. This happened quickly and an updated quote provided in time for our HOA meeting. When the crew was on site they were professional, fast and performed in a safe manner. They cleaned up before they left and it looked great!

Description of Work
There was extensive work completed within our community. There were some trees that needed to be removed as well as tree trimming along sidewalks, fences, lifting over parking lots, entry and common areas along our main street access.

Category tree service

We appreciate the opportunity to serve you. Please call us whenever we can be of further assistance.

09/26/2018

Paul H.

Professional job done in a timely manner. We've been using Kevin's for many years and will hire them again in the future.

Description of Work
Tree trimming tree removal

09/18/2018

Beth A.

Luke and his crew of 5 arrived on time, did exactly what was agreed to ahead of time....actually, they did a little more at our request. Everyone worked extremely hard, no downtime for these guys. They cleaned up the grounds, blew the debris off the roof and left the yard in pristine condition. Everyone was polite and professional. We've used them before and recommended them to family and will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
removed large limb and lifted canopy of live oak

09/13/2018

Tenley H.

In the beginning they came out quickly for a quote but we were unable to be home. We wanted them to come back a 2nd time to ask more questions in person, took a while to get that scheduled but they didn't charge for a 2nd quote. The quote to have 2 tall palm trees removed and stumps ground was half the cost of another company that was going to charge extra for stump grinding (also other co was going to make us remove hedges, Kevin's was able to work around the hedges). Took us a while to get HOA approval but once we did, we were able to get an appointment scheduled quickly. The day of the appt they had some problems so were unable to haul away the wood from the cut down trees or grind the stumps. They did come back the next business day though (happened to be a Friday of holiday weekend so Tuesday was the next business day which was a bit of an annoyance to wait that long, but they kept their word about when they'd be back) to haul away the wood. We had to re-schedule the stump grinding, but they got that done about a week and a half later. One thing I wish they'd told me up front, there's a 3% fee to pay via credit card. At the end of the service the guy asked if I wanted to pay via check or CC but didn't mention the fee, so when I got the invoice emailed to me that was a surprise. I'd have opted to pay by check had I known.

Description of Work
2 trees removed, 1 trimmed

Category tree service

Hello [Member Name Removed] - Thank you for the review. We are glad to hear you are happy with our service. We are sorry for the issues with picking up the wood and stump grinding, but we always stand by our word and complete the job quickly as possible when we have equipment issues and we appreciate your patience. As for the credit card convenience fee, it is written on the bottom of the paper estimate, as well as in all of the emails. I'm sorry if that wasn't made clear to you, it's never our intention to hide that. We prefer to be paid by check as well. You also always have the option to snail mail a check in to our office to avoid paying the online convenience fee. Hopefully this info will help if you have us come out and work at your property again in the future. We appreciate your business, and look forward to serving you again.

09/12/2018

Diana S.

I asked for an in person quote and they simply declined the job. Then non-responsive when I inquired. Never work with a company that would\ consider a quote sight unseen.

Description of Work
tree stump removal

Category tree service

We responded quickly to your messages, and after you explained the work you wanted to have done, we politely explained that we would not be able to assist you with your project. Not sure how that warrants any kind of review. We are a small family owned business, and you leaving a negative review simply because we couldn't help you with your project is unwarranted. In any event, we wish you luck with your project.

09/10/2018

David V.

We had a fairly small job as our trees were young and just needed a little shaping. After a couple of reschedules, they came out to do the work when we were not present. Two of the trees needed additional work when we returned. When we called Kyle he did send out a guy to fix the work when we were home. Very happy with the final work and the price, but it did take some effort to work with them.

Description of Work
4 trees were trimmed

09/06/2018

Peter B.

First five were done well, safely and quickly. Number six was the problem-when it was topped, the top dropped and hit the power line. No electricity at home until Duke came out.

Description of Work
Cut down six pine trees

Category tree service

[Member Name Removed] - Unfortunately the tree top was bad and when the guys made the cut, the power line was in the way and got hit. The other 5 trees we did for you went well. Our crew and office manager stayed on top of the issue and worked with Duke and the electrician to get power restored as quickly as possible. We apologize for the unforeseen and unfortunate issue. Thanks to the quick thinking of our office manager Cassie, even though Duke was closing for the evening she was able to get power fully restored in just a few hours and the job was completed. We hope you can understand things can happen when dealing with trimming and removing trees and heavy wood. We didn't run away, and leave it in your lap to deal with, like some companies would. We acted professionally and quickly to get the situation handled properly and your power restored. We hope you can appreciate that and we look forward to working with you again in the future.

08/01/2018

DIXIE L.

Kevin's is a little slow to respond but service & workmen are excellent!

Description of Work
Stump grinding & hauling away waste

Tree Tremendous

Hello, my name is Duncan and I'm the owner of Tree Tremendous. At Tree Tremendous we specialize in high risk tree removal, trimming, and landscaping services. We are cautious, friendly, and efficient. You will end the day with a smile with us, all the staff is talkative and friendly but have a strong work ethic. We also offer small construction and mechanic work.

MCCullough Tree Service

TREE REMOVAL OR TRIMMING We are a team of Certified Arborists and other professionals dedicated to bringing the highest quality of tree care to you at the best price. Whether you need tree removal, trimming, de-mossing or emergency service, we are here to help you. We focus on the needs and wants of our clients to provide the best solutions for their tree care needs.

J & J's Lawn & Tree Service Inc

**PLEASE CALL US FOR EMERGENCY SERVICE FOR HURRICANE/STORM CLEAN UP!** J & J's Lawn and Tree Service was established in 1988, and is now run by Jeffrey McMillan who is a State Certified Arborist and UF Landscaping Architect. His deep knowledge and understanding of complete tree analysis and care is what puts him above the rest. J & J's Lawn and Tree Service has been operating and serving the community for more than 27 years, and is committed to bringing you top quality results with a spirit of excellence and personal attention to customer care. Every step of the process is executed by our staff with precision, safety and professionalism. Contact us today and let us be your preferred choice for lawn and tree services. We proudly serve the following Central Florida Counties: Orange, Seminole, Osceola, Brevard, Volusia, and Lake Counties.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Landscape Contractors, Tree Trimming & Removal, Stump Grinding, Lot & Land Cleaning.