American Pool & Spas

Founded 1999 • With Angi since May 2010

3.9

The professionals at American Pools & Spas bring years of residential and commercial swimming pool construction experience to every job. That commitment and experience, combined with the skills and resources of the leading company in the market, give our customers confidence they will receive a well designed, beautifully constructed pool....

Gifford Fence Company LLC

Gifford Fence Company of Orlando is the second branch of a family owned and operated company. We started in Nashville, TN in 1978 when my Dad, Gerald Gifford, decided he wanted to be his own boss. 31 years later we have taken an opportunity to expand the business and move somewhere warmer. We currently have a total of 8 employees here in Orlando. My wife, Liz, & myself. Our foremen Jason, Clint and Austin & their helpers. We are licensed in Orange, Seminole, Osceola, Lake & Volusia counties and fully insured. We also have licenses in a myriad of towns and cities in these counties. If there is work to be done there, we will get what is needed to do it by the book. We offer free estimates 7 days a week. Hey, I'm self-employed, I have to work weekends, so my guys do too. Weekend installations are available. Angie's List members receive a $100 discount on any wood, aluminum or PVC fence installation totaling 150 feet or more. Got less than 150 feet, just let me know that you are an Angie's List member during the estimate and I'll cut you a deal. Orange, Seminole, Lake & Volusia - 407-375-1739 Osceola & Polk 407-218-6373

Dave's Fence

Welcome to Dave's Fence Inc., your premier commercial and residential fence company. We have had the pleasure of serving cities from Deltona to Palm Coast to Orlando and all over Central Florida area with high quality workmanship and a focus on excellent customer service since 1996. With our knowledge and experience in the fence industry, we are confident your needs and demands will be met. Thank you for considering Dave's Fence. We look forward to working with you.

Seminole Fence Systems Inc

Seminole Fence Systems is a family owned company operating in Longwood, Florida. We have 14 employees and do not use subcontractors. We have been in business over 16 years. We specialize in wood, aluminum, vinyl and chain link fencing. Give us a call today for a free estimate. We value family time and close our offices at 4PM. Please leave us a message and we will give you a call back the next business day and open at 7AM.

09/28/2015

Construction went fine, few snags and some repairs after construction, main problem pavers on raised area have sank. Paver patio is only guaranteed one year. Poor workmanship on paver construction, shouldn't collapse after 2 years. We are now left with having to find a paver company to repair our patio. The one company we called asked $1800 minimum to come out.

Description of Work
Constructed pool and patio and overhang

Category pool cleaners,patios,swimming pools

06/06/2014

They put my pool in and I am not happy with them. I had a million cracks in the concrete, they came back and fixed it a couple of times but that was it. They're not coming back to repair them and repaint. They came to my house twice, repaired what they could repair and said they weren't coming back again. I wouldn't recommend them.

05/20/2014

This was our 2nd in-ground pool since 2007. I felt the pricing for our project was fair, and we enjoyed working with our salesperson, Ed. There were minor issues through the construction process, and more minor issues within the warranty period. But, nothing major, and they always responded (although sometimes it took several calls and emails to get a response), and addressed any problems we had. ...

Description of Work
11,000 gallon solar heated, salt chlorinated, gunite in ground pool with paver deck and full screen enclosure. Attached spa and gas fire pit. Added to our home 2012.

04/03/2014

There were several missteps with the installation of the pool. First, there seemed to be communication issues between what we were told by the salesperson and what was actually ordered. When errors were found, they were very slow to respond and correct. There was at least 3-4 weeks where nothing was done on the pool which caused a delay in our ability to close. We had the CO from the county before...

Description of Work
In-ground pool and spa for new home construction.

09/03/2013

He didn't give me a quote. They never called me back, how would you want to deal with somebody that tells you they're going to send you something and they said they would call you and they never did.

Description of Work
American Pool & Spas came to give a quote.

09/02/2011

They are great. We had one little problem that needed to be addressed immediately - I called the president of the company and the issues were resolved quickly.

Description of Work
I had them build a pool.

Category pool cleaning service","Swimming Pool Company

08/10/2011

I should start off this report that we were very satisfied and pleased that we chose American Pools and Spa's to build our pool and spa. From start-to-finish, they were very helpful, professional and communicated regularly and proactively with us. We started with our pool designer (Pete Starks -- ask for Pete!), he was very patient as we changed the design several times. They are very helpful in working within your budget. If any issues arose during construction (which they were few), then they were addressed right away.

Description of Work
American Pools and Spas designed and constructed an in-ground pool, spa, decking, screen and equipment and solar.

Category pool cleaning service","Swimming Pool Company

06/07/2010

The contract was between American Pool and Engel Homes. It was a lease back by the developers who had the pool installed. My property manager notified me that there was a hose constantly in the pool. We wondered why this was and she made several visits to the property and it was ALWAYS in the pool. My property manager, Randal Baker, called several leak detection companies, and none of them knew what to do. I called the president of American Pool and Spa, Ben Evans, and he assured me that the problem would be resolved. Additionally, he also advised me that the pool only had a 1-year warranty. It is just ridiculous for a $65,000 pool to have such a short warranty. Ben Evans explored and looked at the pool, but wouldn’t tell us what was wrong. Nobody can figure-out where the leak is coming. There has been nothing but problems with the company. No one in his company responds to calls. We have tried to contact them in many ways, and they are so unresponsive. I would just like to know how we should solve this problem. If he can solve this problem, I may use him again in the future and adjust the grades accordingly.

Description of Work
They installed a pool at a property that I own.

10/28/2005

WE DEALT WITH BEN AT AMERICAN POOLS AND WE WOULD RECOMMEND HIM AND THE COMPANY TO ANYONE LOOKING FOR A POOL AT THEIR HOME. THEY DID AN EXCELLENT JOB FROM DESIGN TO INSTALLATION.

Description of Work
WE HIRED AMERICAN POOLS TO INSTALL A CUSTOM SWIMMING POOL, HEATED SPA AND SCREEN ENCLOSURE.

10/26/2005

THEY USED GOOD POOL EQUIPMENT. SEMINOLE EXCAVATION DID A GREAT JOB! THE PEBBLE TEK FINISH (GREAT JOB)! I WAS ALSO PLEASED WITH THE SOLAR COMPANY ON THE INSTALLATION AND INSTRUCTION OF HOW TO USE THE SOLAR. CONCRETE SUB IS FAIR (HAD TO COME BACK AND FIX SOME OF THEIR MISTAKES). I WAS DISAPPOINTED WITH THE WATERFALL/LIGHT FIXTURE AND ESPECIALLY UPSET THAT IT CANNOT BE REPAIRED. I AM VERY IMPRESSED WITH GATOR MCNEIL, THE CONSTRUCTION FOREMAN. HE DID A GREAT JOB IN SPITE OF SOME OF THE PROBLEMS THAT OCCURRED THAT WERE OUT OF HIS CONTROL.

Description of Work
WE HAD A CUSTOM SWIMMING POOL BUILT WITH SOLAR PANELS AND SCREEN ENCLOSURE WITH THE SALT WATER SYSTEM.

Category pool cleaning service

New Pool Construction, Custom Pavers, Fire Pits, Pergolas, Custom Screens, Fencing, Residential & Commercial Outdoor Kitchens

Pool Cleaning