1st Class Moving and Storage

Founded 1989 • With Angi since October 2004

2149 Viscount Row

Orlando, FL 32809

Since 1989, our team of world-class movers at 1st Class Moving and Storage has been making your moves a breeze. Our highly trained moving professionals are here to make your moving experience as pleasant as possible. Whether you’re moving across the street or across the country, the team at 1st Class can handle the job. We can even move one piece of furniture locally if that’s what you need. We’re here to help! Award winning....

06/23/2019

Brent H.

No hassles, no surprises, excellent price, on time and very professional. Great guys. I was very pleased with the service.

Description of Work
moved furniture

01/28/2019

Debra M.

This is the second time we hired 1st Class to move us. They are fantastic: careful with our belongings, arrive on time, hard working crew and on-point with their estimates. Do not hesitate to contact them for your moving needs. They also come in at the very best price. We packed, they loaded the truck, unloaded the truck and put together a few pieces of furniture like our beds. They accomplished it in one day.

Description of Work
They moved us from Indialantic Florida to Saint Augustine Florida

Category moving companies

Thank you very much for the feedback and we are glad that you are satisfied with our services.

12/02/2018

Alison L.

We did a long distance move including storage with 1st Class. They may do better for in-town moves, but we had a pretty bad experience with our move on several different front: tldr: They broke lots of our stuff. We got treated badly by customer service on the phone. Had a horrible experience trying to make a totally reasonable insurance claim for all the stuff they broke. Issue 1) We selected the option where if they overestimated our actual weight the price would go down. After picking up our stuff we were assured our stuff weighed more than we'd paid for so there would be no reduction but no weight tickets were provided. When they dropped off our stuff the driver said the same thing and when pressed said we could call the office for a copy of the weight tickets. After much back and forth with the office they actually weighed the truck empty for the first time after our drop off and in fact we were owed money back despite many assurances otherwise previously. Issue 2) At drop off the driver insisted we had to sign his paperwork to say he had in fact made the drop off. I read the fine print and it also said we agreed there was no damage. Given that we'd spent over $1000 for the no deductible insurance and that all our stuff was still in boxes and plastic wrap I had no way of knowing this so after much discussion I made a note that various items were damaged on the paperwork before signing to preserve my right to submit damages later. Once we tried to submit for damages though it became a prolonged horrible experience that started with them saying we'd already waived our right to claim damages when we signed the driver's paperwork (that we were told we must sign and which didn't waive our right to claim damages) and then extended into months of delays while the owner was "on vacation" and paperwork iterations with a ton of photos and finally ended with us being given a choice between half our totally reasonable request for damages or going to formal arbitration which I would apparently have had to pay some of the costs for. We settled out of frustration to just be done with dealing with them the time we were wasting arguing with them. Along the way I was literally yelled at by their customer service lead on more than one occasion to try to get us to go away. The people you deal with after your move starts aren't nearly as friendly as the sales folks. ...buyer beware and their insurance is impossible to collect on as you'd expect. Issue 3) As for the actual movers and the packing job, everyone did appear to be a real employee as opposed to temps or day labors as they'd advertised but that didn't change the fact many of them seemed new, didn't know what they were doing or did pretty poor jobs. Our saddest example was when someone did a good job packing a box half full with precious fragile things well wrapped in paper. When they ran out of light/fragile stuff to pack though, they decided the thing to do would be to top the box off with our big steel 3 hole punch and our 10lb laminator just tossed in. It didn't end well. At the end of packing the driver came to say they were all done and I had to walk him back through the house and point out all the stuff they'd left in closest and on shelves. He acted upset and I was unsure why as it's not like I was planning to pack my own bags of random small stuff on high shelves. This wasn't stuff they'd have any reason not to take and they did then go through and finish packing everything. I think it was just late and he was heading into overtime or something and wanted to get rolling. Other examples are two tables, including our nice wood dining room table, that tore through their blankets and had damage on the corners edges. Our grill had a wheel ripped off and paint removed from the front of the pedestal. A door was ripped off a hutch. There was also lots of other small stuff that was poorly wrapped/packed that got damaged. Stuff always gets broken when you move, but this was worse than usual and the fact they made the premium insurance we paid for practically useless in issue 2 just added insult to injury. Bottom line. Probably ok for a local/single day move, horrible for long distance/storage. Get everything in writing and demand to see weigh tickets if you're paying by the pound. Watch them pack like a hawk and don't be afraid to speak up if something doesn't look well protected. Sign NOTHING at drop off. Their insurance is a useless joke you'll regret paying for if you need it. I've moved 5 times and this was by far our worst experience.

Description of Work
Long Distance Move With Goods Storage

09/11/2018

Timothy W.

It went extremely well. The movers were on time, professional, courteous, and completed the job quickly and efficiently.

Description of Work
move couch, chairs, end tables, coffee table, padded bench, etc.

Category moving companies

Thank you very much for your feedback and your trust.

08/28/2018

Don F.

We have moved many times, local, interstate and international. We always hire professional movers and this company ranks as one of our best experiences. What went right: the customer service from David to arrange the move and nail down the scope of services and provide an accurate quote, the movers were on time, careful, attentive and fast, no damage to our belongings or walls and floors. What went wrong, the weather which was very hot and humid. Despite that they kept up the pace.

Description of Work
Local move from a single family home to a two bedroom condo on the second floor.

Category moving companies

We truly appreciate your business and we are glad everything worked out for you.

08/21/2018

Ken S.

1st Class Movers and Storage inventoried, packed, moved, stored, loaded and shipped our 10,000+ lbs of household goods from Merritt Island, FL to Colorado Springs, CO. The level of competence and professionalism we experienced with them was outstanding. As a career military family we have experienced numerous movement operations worldwide over 24 years and this was the first time we have had our household goods moved across country with completeness and fully intact condition. In all our previous moves with contacted movers, we have had furniture damage and missing items at each move. With 1st. Class Movers and Storage we were very impressed by the care and attention that was displayed in the packing, movement and the high quality of storage of our home goods for over two months. Should we move again, 1st Class Movers and Storage will be our first pick. Highly recommend!!

Description of Work
Cross Country Move with Storage

Category moving companies, storage units

We wish you all the best and we do thank you for your business.

07/05/2018

Michelle P.

It went very well. They arrived on time and told me ahead of time what to expect. They handled all of our items as if it were their own. Laid protective coverings on my new floor. I couldn't be more happy.

Description of Work
Items moved from Storage unit to new home

04/12/2018

Suzanne P.

Jason and his team were extremely professional. I have a broken foot so moving was very tiring for me. These guys moved me in record time, put together my bed, my Hutch and anything else I needed. Also made sure nothing was stack that I couldn't get down myself, as they were concerned about my Mobility with my foot in cast. Not only would I recommend them but I will use them in the future when I move again. They made the experience a good thing considering it could have been a nightmare. I am forever in their debt.

Description of Work
Moved from house to apartment.

Category moving companies

We greatly appreciate the feedback and the trust you have placed in us.

03/08/2018

Debra G.

This company was amazing at every turn starting from the estimate. Everyone was courteous, conscientious, polite. I cannot say enough good things about the workers and this company. I've already recommended them to someone else. If I were to ever need a moving company again, 1st Class Movers is at the top of the list.

Description of Work
1st Class movers moved a piano,other heavy furniture and expensive glass items from a 2nd story and moved everything 4 hours away.

Category moving companies, piano moving

Thank you for your feedback. We are always thrilled to provide our services to a customer and provide a great experience. We look forward to helping your referrals as well!

02/25/2018

Susan W.

Fantastic. Their estimate was spot-on and very reasonable. Packing was estimated based on time and the move itself was a fixed price. The packers and movers were all professional, conscientious, cautious, and really nice. We are very pleased and would absolutely hire them again.

Description of Work
Packing and Moving from Orlando to Tampa

Category moving companies, piano moving

Thank you so much for the feedback, we are happy to hear about your experience with us. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any future moves or refer us to others!

02/13/2018

JEANNE H.

I called 1st Class on Friday thinking it would take a couple of weeks to schedule our move, so was thrilled when they had a window of time the following day. Two men arrived promptly, disassembled entertainment center, carefully wrapped individual pieces and moved them to upstairs garage apartment where they reassembled entertainment center. The movers were professional, courteous, and offered suggestions on placement of center. Both my husband and I were very impressed with the quality of this company and would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Moved a large entertainment center from our house to detached upstairs garage apartment.

Category moving companies

Thank you very much for the feedback. We strive to treat all of our customers and their belongings with the upmost respect and care. Please feel free to reach out to us again if you are ever in need of our services!

02/12/2018

Susie R.

I was very pleased with 1st class. Especially when I had scheduled them to move us from Daytona Beach to Tampa on January 2 and was informed by our buyer on December 28th that we had to be out of our house on December 29th. I called 1st class, in a panic, and David calmed me down and assured me that they could get us moved on the 29th. They showed up promptly that morning and by 10:00 that night, we were all moved into our newly built home in Tampa. Everything went like clockwork. There was a little scrape on the doorjamb getting the washing machine in and they sent someone to fix it right away. We were so pleased with our move. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Large house move from Daytona Beach to Tampa, FL.

Category moving companies

Thank you Mrs [Member Name Removed]. We greatly appreciate your trust and your feedback. It's been a pleasure working with you.

01/19/2018

MARIA P.

When they walked away they said they had finished, but I noticed they had other merchandise/boxes in the truck and said it belonged to someone else. I sent the info to the owner but no reply.

Description of Work
This was the second time I hire this company to do my move. First time there were no problems. Second time- these people walked away with several boxes of my personal items and merchandise that for me are priceless. I did not notice right away because when I moved, I was taking care of my mother and could not empty all boxes right away.

Category moving companies

I'm sincerely sorry about how you feel. However, this move took place in November 2016 and we never heard anything about this until now. I searched our records and we have absolutely no communications from you in the last 15 months since the move took place. I assure you this must be a misunderstanding because if anything is ever left on the truck we know about it the same day when the truck is prepared for the next move. Please feel free to give me a call at your convenience so we can discuss. Thank you.

01/17/2018

Marilyn C.

Everyone in the company was fabulous to deal with, from the office scheduling the appointment to the three movers that arrived right on time and took very good care of wrapping and moving all of my furniture. Would hire them again in a nanosecond!

Description of Work
Moving my entire house full of furniture to a new location two hours away.

Category moving companies

Thank you for your feedback. Please feel free to contact us for any future moving needs, we look forward to another pleasant experience!

01/03/2018

LEON L.

They gave us a flat rate and there were no hidden charges that we have experienced with other movers.. They took care to protect our furniture and were very professional. We have utilized them twice and service was always positive.

Description of Work
They moved large pieces of furniture from our storage unit to our residence

Category moving companies

Thank you for your response, your belongings are our top priority. We would be delighted to move you again in the future!

01/02/2018

Julia J.

They were great! We reserved them just a few days prior. The were very responsive, called right back, showed up on time as promised. A crew of three as discussed, all hard working and careful. It was an all day affair. Items that we expressed that were important were wrapped with blankets and taped. In out new house, they put down a wide band of cellophane to protect the carpet in a couple of high traffic spots. Bravo!

Description of Work
We relocated our one story residence to a two story home. About 3000 sq ft

Category moving companies

Thank you for your feedback, we are glad to have given you a positive experience. Please tell your friends and family about us as well!

12/06/2017

Lorraine L.

These guys were great! Very professional and worked hard til the end. No damage because of great handling.

Description of Work
4 bedroom house

Category moving companies

We take great pride in making sure we have the best of the best for your move. Thank you for your feedback.

11/22/2017

jim A.

Excellent job. Great communication. They showed up with enough crew to get the job done. Were very careful with our stuff. Wrapped the big pieces in several layers. Broke down beds, couches, tables and piano and moved them all carefully and without damage.

Description of Work
Moved from Orlando area to Tampa. Used this company for packing and moving our 4 bedroom home.

Category moving companies, piano moving

We are glad to have provided such a positive moving experience for you. We like to go above and beyond for each of our clients. Please feel free to reach out if you're ever in need of our services!

11/14/2017

Lance L.

Smooth move! Phone representative was courteous and responsive, quote was realistic, and price was competitive. I hired a three man crew and they showed up on time and worked hard. Completed the move in five hours with a 30 minute lunch break. They were careful with my stuff and complied with my requests. Would recommend without hesitation.

Description of Work
Moving all belongings from a 2 bedroom / 1 bathroom single family home to a larger 3 / 2 about a quarter mile away.

Category moving companies

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that your move went well and we were able to provide a positive moving experience. Please contact us again for any moving needs in the future!

10/28/2017

Cheryl L.

Fantastic! From David, who quoted the job, to Adlyn who helped me change the moving date due to hurricane Irma, to the three moving guys - Wilmer, Charlie and Leo - I could not have found anyone better than them! Thank you for making my moving day go so well!

Description of Work
I moved from a 2nd floor apartment to a 1st floor condo.

Category moving companies

Thank you for your review. We always like to go above and beyond for out customers and make your moving experience as smooth as possible. Please do not hesitate to contact us again for your moving needs!

10/17/2017

James W.

We were given a flat rate quote including start time and every detail was included. Gustavo and his team (4 movers in total) arrived exactly on time and were extremely hard working, courteous and caring with our belongings. Every item was taken apart and reassembled at our new home. Not one item was broken or damaged. It was truly a pleasure to work with this company and we would recommend them without reservation. The employees were friendly, polite but worked until the last item was done. The day could not have gone any better. Thank you!

Description of Work
We moved a 4 bedroom house including our piano from Melbourne FL to Jacksonville FL.

Category moving companies, piano moving

Thank you very much for the review and for your business. We are all glad that everything worked out to your satisfaction. We will be here for you if you need us in the future or if you know of anyone that might be in need of moving services. We wish you all the best.

08/24/2017

Karen L.

The teams were great! Couldn't ask for a better experience. They were on time and worked hard! Packing was carefully done. Movers were extremely careful with all items as well as with the house itself - taking care not to nick walls or floors.

Description of Work
Full house packing and moving

Category moving companies

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to have given you a positive moving experience, please use us again for any moving needs in the future!

08/23/2017

Jill N.

Excellent move. Two men came and took apart furniture, wrapped it beautifully, transported it and put it back together again. This was supposed to be an 8 hour day, but they took 9 hours to do everything, yet stuck with the quote they provided. It was a rainy day, the apartment was on the third floor with no elevator and the front door was about 30 yards from the parking lot. This company did an amazing job and was MUCH cheaper than my next nearest quote. They give a nice Angie's List discount. They were also very accommodating when we had to change our move date.

Description of Work
Interstate move of one bedroom apartment.

Category moving companies

Thank you for your review. We hope you enjoyed the moving experience as much as we did. We strive on exceeding all expectations and giving you whatever it is you need to make your moving experience as stress-free as possible.

08/14/2017

Susan D.

The company sent 4 guys to move my stuff and they only had 3 hours to do it. (3 hours is what I agreed to pay for) They were professional and friendly. They wrapped all of the furniture well. The truck they brought was plenty big for all of my things. They also unwrapped and set up my bed and furniture in my new place! They did a terrific job! They were very conscientious and clean! I would recommend this Company to all!

Description of Work
I had large and heavy living room furniture and bedroom furniture and 20 boxes to be moved from one 3rd floor apartment (no elevator) to another 3rd (top) floor apartment (with elevator). The buildings were only a block away from each other.

Category moving companies

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy we were able to meet your needs and enjoyed the experience just as much! Please contact us for any and all future moving needs!

07/12/2017

Jamie S.

This company is fantastic!!! They arrived on time, worked extremely hard and efficiently and did an excellent job moving our 4 bedroom home. Gustavo and his team were a pleasure to work with. David who did the quote and pricing was also great to work with. A family owned business run by really nice and hard-working people. Thanks, Angie's List.

Description of Work
Moving and 10 day storage for a 4 bedroom home.

Category moving companies, storage units

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback. We try our best to be everything you need and more for your moving needs. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need our services again!

Liberty Moves

We specialize in Residential, Commercial and Interstate Moving. We can move you anytime to anywhere! Our mission is to provide exceptional quality moving solutions while fostering a culture of safety, service and trust. We are a values-driven company, which has allowed us to become one of the best moving companies in the business. We can even move you to to other countries. We are professionals who are prompt, courteous and efficient in moving your household goods anywhere in the world, anytime. We have a low price guarantee to assure you get the most "bang" for your buck and have been in business for 6 years with 16 locations. Trust me I know. Moving is stressful! We give a new name and meaning to a "Smooth Move". All of our movers are certified professionals trained to handle all of your belongings with great care and attention to safety. Customer satisfaction is our top priority and we guarantee that you won't be disappointed. Call for a FREE QOUTE!

Offers by Liberty Moves on Angi
    Teleport Moving and Storage

Serving all of Central Florida for local to intermediate moves, the professionals at Teleport Moving and Storage are the go to, full service BBB accredited moving company you can trust with your family's next in state relocation! Call now for a free estimate! (No long-distance or out of state moves)

Get Done Moving Service

Get Done moving is Family owned and operated local moving company in Orlando Fl. We have Full insurance and Florida Moving license . ( moving license Nr- 2761) . We can move You to any City with in Florida. We Do - Residential and Commercial (office) moves. We provide also packing supplies and packing service, helping loading and unloading pods, trucks, or storage places. Our moving crew have a big experience in moving, they have all Uniform and all equipment for move. There are no small or too big move( we start from one piece off delivery to the 1-7 bedroom house, or corporate office). We are wrapping Your furniture in Blankets and shrink wrap for protection< also all fragile Items will be taking with extra care and we deliver all belongings in same condition like it was before,. We are one call or email away for any information you my have for your move, also very easy schedule. Please call or text us at Phone Number- 4075347628.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Local, Interstate, & Commercial Moving. Full & Partial Packing, Short & Long Term Storage.

Truck Rental & Self-storage Facility.