Mr. Handyman Serving Greater Jacksonville

Florida: General
08/31/2024

1107 Park Avenue

Orange Park, FL 32073

We have no-contact methods for project approval and payment.

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We accept remote payment

general contractors202032256
Converted a fireplace/entertainment center into a modern entertainment center.

Florida General Contractor Lic.# CGC1513681 At Mr. Handyman we are 100% committed to earning your repeat business. We provide: QUALITY - All staff are employee's, have been background & drug screened and have 20+ years experience. We have an A+ rating with the BBB and are an Angie's List Super Service Award winner. SERVICE - When you call Mr. Handyman you get a person. We arrive on time prepared to complete your job and cleanup when done. We are fully Licensed & Insured for your protection. CONVENIENCE - We offer scheduled appointment times and are your one call solution for most needs around the home or business. GUARANTEED - All work is guaranteed. Please call to discuss your specific needs....
Entertainment Center project

Bathroom Remodel

home remodeling

201732073

4.2

handyman (201)door installation (41)woodworking (40)drywall (35)tile installation (19)general contractors (19)plumbers (28)electrician (22)lighting (17)house painting (15)home remodeling (15)interior painting (13)

07/07/2022

Scott W.

Frank did a great job and everything was done well. Company is little on expensive side, but they show when scheduled and do good work so you have to weigh that. They are able to support last minute asks is nice.

Description of Work
Moving into new house and need help installing tv’s, curtain rods, etc

Category glass repair, handyman service

Work Completed On 07/07/2022

[Member Name Removed] - thank you for the kind words. I see most of the staff have been on your home for a few different visits over the last year. We appreciate your business very much and look forward to serving future needs that may arise.

05/17/2022

Donald R.

Outstanding saved me money and time from original quote

Description of Work
Flagpole installed

Category handyman service, dryer vent cleaning

Work Completed On 05/17/2022

[Member Name Removed]- thank you for choosing Mr. Handyman to install your new flag pole. I see this is our 3rd project with you over the last few years, and we appreciate your business very much.

10/01/2020

Richard B.

Gerald of Mr. Handyman took down our old deck and built a new deck to our specifications. His work actually exceeded what we expected. Build quality was excellent,

Description of Work
Replace old Backyard Deck

Category home security systems, deck cleaning

Work Completed On 09/30/2020

04/06/2020

Kitwana A.

Absolutely fantastic work done by Larry and Bill. The entire service was very professional, prompt, and the work completed on time. The finished product was amazing. After the work was completed it blended right in the rest of the house. We couldn't be more satisfied.

Description of Work
Wood rot repairs on front door trim and several windows

Category handyman service, siding, window treatments, woodworking, house painters, doors

Work Completed On 04/02/2020

10/10/2019

George T.

He was very polite. They did a good job. He knew what he was doing. He got the job done. He did it right.

Description of Work
They painted the railing on my roof, on my soffit, and on my trim of my house.

Category house painters

Work Completed On 10/03/2019

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. We hire experiences staff, and don't use subcontractors, so you're always getting a seasoned professional on your job.

08/17/2019

Kevin D.

The extent of the damage was much more than anticipated so we had to open a small portion of the wall. The overall process for contacting, getting information and setting up an appointment was very easy. My technician Frank was fantastic and did quality work.

Description of Work
Exterior door had rot around the frame.

Category drywall, handyman service, doors

Work Completed On 08/15/2019

06/07/2019

Eva H.

Was very impressed with level of service I received from start to finish. Check out my detailed review on Mr. Handyman’s website. Would definitely recommend! Eva Hopkins

Description of Work
Several general repairs

Category electrician, glass repair, handyman service, plumbing, window treatments, doors

Work Completed On 05/30/2019

04/13/2019

Debbie B.

Worker arrived promptly as agreed and worked diligently until job was done. Very professional yet friendly. Company followed up to make sure I was satisfied.

Description of Work
Fixed rotted wood around garage door, painted garage door and painted front door

Category handyman service, woodworking, house painters, doors

Work Completed On 04/11/2019

12/11/2018

Linda D.

Serviceman was on time. Professional and thorough. He cleaned up afterward. Friendly and a pleasure to deal with.

Description of Work
Drywall repair

Work Completed On 12/11/2018

11/12/2018

Delroy R.

Still need a handyman, work not yet done

Description of Work
Flooring and strip and small parts of wall needs to be done

Work Completed On 11/12/2018

[Member Name Removed] - since you first contacted us on October 19, 2018, I see the office has followed up with you 3 times. (4 times if you count a message we just left you). Each time you were not ready to proceed. I understand busy schedules and we're happy to work with you days, weeks or even months into the future at a time convenient to you. Given your schedule is the apparent holdup, I don't understand you giving a service provider a poor grade for not getting your project completed. We're happy to schedule this today. Please return our message at your convenience.

11/06/2018

jason J.

Charging by the hour. working slow and talking instead of working

Description of Work
Shower door install

Work Completed On 11/06/2018

[Member Name Removed] - are you sure you worked with Mr. Handyman? I find no record of your name, or the given worksite address. Maybe the job was booked under another name (spouse?), and maybe the job was done at an alternate address (your rental?), but without knowing the name/address the work was booked under, I have no way to look you up or contact you directly to discuss this matter in greater depth. I'd like to see if this really was us, which of our staff did the work, and see if any corrective action is required. First with you, then with my staff member. We take customer feedback seriously and appreciate the feedback, but we also get review on Angie's List (both good and bad) that do not appear to be customers we've served. So many companies have 'handyman' in their name, it appears that creates some confusion. Please call our office (904-579-2205) to discuss your concerns further.

10/10/2018

Mary C.

Its ok 2 ac units malfunctioned. I got a third so it's still a work in progress.

Description of Work
Air cond put in window

Work Completed On 10/10/2018

08/02/2018

Liz C.

excellent! they came early morning as requested

Description of Work
replace ceiling light with pull switch

Work Completed On 07/31/2018

06/22/2018

karen B.

Frank, the technician sent by Mr. Handyman, exceeded all our expectations. He is knowledgeable, skilled and friendly, and was very professional in answering all our questions. He also did a good job cleaning up after all the work was done. We thought the total cost was very reasonable for two and a half days worth of very high quality work. We would call Mr. Handyman again in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
We had quite a variety of work done: repaired mailbox post and replaced box; installed drapery brackets/rods; replaced faucets; caulked tub and shower; installed doorknobs; drywall repair, including large hole; pressure-washed siding; and several other miscellaneous tasks.

Category drywall, gutter cleaning, handyman service, plumbing, pressure washing, window treatments, mailbox repair

Work Completed On 06/19/2018

06/11/2018

Trent F.

Way too expensive!! Use another company before Mr. Handyman. My wife and I had mold remediation done in our home, so an entire wall (about 300 sq. ft. of drywall), as well as a small ceiling in our air conditioner closet, had to be ripped out. We had been shopping around for contractors to find the best price, and decided to have Mr. Handyman come out to install the dry wall for us after they quoted us between $1800 - $2000 over the phone. We were happy with that price, but when they came to our home they quoted us $4800. We were both confused why it was so much more expensive, but we were just ready to have our house put back together so we decided to go with them (we also thought that was what General Contractor originally quoted us for the drywall). On the third day of them working at our house, I asked when they were going to complete the Air Conditioner closet because they hadn't started, and they told me that wasn't included in the $4800 price. They quoted us an extra $2000 to finish the ceiling in the A/C closet. At this point I was pretty frustrated, so I looked back at the quote we got from the General Contractor to see what they would have charged us for the drywall and labor. They would have charged $1800. That is almost 1/3 of what we paid. So in the end, we paid $4800 for about 300 sq. ft. of drywall and approximately 50 linear feet of baseboard installation, and we still have an A/C closet without a ceiling. We also asked if they would separate the drywall work from the rest of the bedroom with plastic to keep dust out, and they assured us they would. They also assured us they would leave the space as clean as they found it. Mr. Handyman never used plastic, and they left footprints all over our house, dust all over our furniture, and clumps of drywall dust all over the new and existing walls.

Description of Work
Drywall and Baseboard Installed

Work Completed On 06/11/2018

[Member Name Removed], I was very sorry to see your review. We work very hard to leave folks thrilled with what we do. We're generally proud of our ability to protect the home and clean up after ourselves when done, so I've passed along your feedback to the guys that did your work. We need to do better. From our discussion on the phone, however, your big item of concern is the eventual cost; which was put in writing and which was approved before any work began. What we put in writing clearly summarized the work in the bedroom and did not include the A/C closet. We don't use bait and switch tactics, take customer satisfaction and our reputation seriously, and were fully transparent up front about work to be done and the cost to do it. My understanding is that this project had drug on for months and your other contractor was on-again and off-again. While his estimate may have been less than ours, we were also told he was unreliable. The whole reason we were even contacted was because of loss of faith in his timelines and a desire to get this thing done. We provided pricing, committed to multiple guys for multiple days and got it done, after signoff and approval to start work was received. Traditional contracting, where single trade subcontractors are strung together (carpenters, then drywall hangers, then drywall finishers, then the carpenters come back to install the trim, and so on), leads to extended project times and delays between each sub-contractor. Days of work can take weeks to complete. Respectfully, you are forgetting about the 'cost' of delays, not being able to get your life and home back to normal, general frustration and not knowing when that other guy would even come back. We thank you for the opportunity to come into your home.

06/06/2018

Richard D.

The representative arrived on time, assessed the work, set up, and calibrated how he could get the work done within the one hour framework so that I could save money on the service call. Excellent in all respects, and the repair looks great.

Description of Work
small molding near roof line was damaged by rodent, needed replacing and painting

Category contractors, handyman service, house painters

Work Completed On 06/06/2018

05/03/2018

Nancy Q.

They didn't give me a price for work to be performed until when they showed up to do the work. I would have preferred to have had time to get others in for compatible pricing. They just quoted things too quickly and had me sign my name on a digital reader without me seeing anything on paper. The whole experience made my head spin. I had asked that the wall have stucco replaced on it and then painted. Instead they put up fiberglass that looked like stucco and topped it off with a wood top which was not what I had before and I don't even know if it's allowed in my association. In the end, it did look ok but wasn't what I had asked them to do. They did go over everything with me before but like I said. It was done too quickly. I ended up paying almost 3,000 when I had gotten an estimate for repair of the wall for $1000 from a painter who was going to stucco it by hand & then paint it. That was what I had asked them to do in the first place. All the owner had to say was that they explained everything to me and I had agreed which was true. No I wouldn't call them again or any of the companies that are similar to them. They are way over priced.

Description of Work
I needed to have an air conditioner hide wall fixed & painted.

Work Completed On 05/03/2018

03/12/2018

Linda L.

Making the appointment was very quick. My service technician arrived on time and completed the job efficiently. I’m happy with the service and will hire again if I need another service.

Description of Work
Replacing sunscreen on a pergola

Work Completed On 03/10/2018

11/20/2017

Kim W.

Great! Pete was prompt, friendly, and used his time efficiently. He did an excellent job and I would definitely hire him again. The staff at Mr. Handyman were excellent and were very good about communicating with us in a timely manner. We had never used this service before and were very impressed. Fast, friendly and appropriately priced. We will be repeat customers!

Description of Work
General stucco and wood siding repair outside and re-grouting of shower floor inside.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, house painters

Work Completed On 11/03/2017

11/12/2017

Nancy S.

They had to deal with some extenuating circumstances and they did a great job.

Description of Work
They were doing some finish work on some cabinetry for me.

Work Completed On 09/01/2016

10/23/2017

Fred B.

The original tech quit the company and the owner had to finish and his schedule was a bear to work with ours. How ever we did get the work accomplished.

Description of Work
Threshold in 3 outside doors

Category handyman service, woodworking

Work Completed On 09/23/2017

10/18/2017

Patricia K.

The technician was knowledgeable and efficient. We weren't able to do what I had hoped with the opening but I'm glad we at least tried. In my opinion it was pricey but convenient. I would use them again.

Description of Work
I needed some help with the opening for a refrigerator.

Work Completed On 07/28/2017