Brian's Fence Co Inc

Founded 1979 • With Angi since June 2010

303 Marlborough St

Oldsmar, FL 34677

Our objective is to provide the finest quality of fencing available at a reasonable cost to consumers (both commercial and residential) and at the same time adhere to the highest possible installation standards. We are old school! I installed my first fence as an employee of a small fence company

04/07/2015

John J.

Brian came as scheduled to see the job and provided a timely quote. Was not the least expensive quote but I liked his approach. Of the three quotes I received, Brian was the only one that followed up! The crew, including Brian, showed up early on the day agreed upon and finished the job in the agreed upon time. Crew was professional, friendly and cleaned up the work area. Brian was on site for part of each day of the job. They worked around a pesky neighbor and worked with the surveyor who performed an incorrect survey to be certain that the fence was installed on the property line. I would recommend Brian's Fence to anyone interested in a quality job at a fair price.

Description of Work
Removed existing wooden fence and install vinyl fence

Category fencing

There were also some poisonous palms to deal with, but the job went well. It seems I always get the "B" on the price but "A" on everything else which just goes to show, you get what you pay for, and this customer understood that! If all customers were as easy to work with as john was, my job would be much more pleasant

06/27/2014

Theresa B.

Description of Work
Brian came out to look at my fence project. While I thought his company would do a good job, his people skills were definitely lacking.

Category fencing

I have no recollection of who or why this lady did not like me! The quote was e-mailed to her over 14 months ago. there is one telling feature of the quote that I never have seen on any other quote I have given, which stated that price may change if conditions warrant, which states that there was a reason we did not want the job or there was some kind of work for her to do before we did our work that may have raised the price. Perhaps she did not like that! Oh well. This is not a popularity contest, we just install good fence!!!

06/25/2014

Benjamin J.

Brian missed the first appointment. He apologized and set up a new appointment for that Saturday. When he arrived he saw there was a Transformer in the backyard and could give no real options for how to deal with it. Gave me a price of $6k and said he would send a quote. Never received the quote.

Description of Work
Estimate for Fence

Category fencing

This man had a transformer on the property line that prohibited the installation of any fence as there is a sign on the transformer that says we need to keep 6 feet away from the transformer on one side and three feet away on the others. I told him what we would be ALLOWED to do and he said he was not going to do that, so I elected to not give him an estimate. He also failed to have a survey of the property for me that I requested he have so I could asses where the property lines were. We have a symbiotic relationship with our customers, and this fellow was not going to be someone we could work with!

06/04/2014

Gerald T.

The entire process from initial contact to final payment went exceptionally well. I was in the market for only a vinyl fence and Brian's Fence Co delivers vinyl fences exclusively. I was interested in a high quality product for a reasonable price. I intend to live in this house for a long time and didn't want to incur a fence repair project several years in the future. Brian was very responsive to my request for an estimate. Brian differentiated his product from other estimates I received by explaining the higher quality features of his product over other market products. Brian's product was more expensive by $200 than the other bids I received, but the quality more than outweighed the small cost differential. Brian started on time, finished on time and cost. Brian coordinated with my landscape architect and other utility providers to avoid in--ground systems. The installation went very smoothly over a two day period. Throughout the process, Brian was friendly, professional and responsive to my specifications. Brian exceeded my expectations.

Description of Work
Designed and installed a vinyl fence to enclose side and backyard of a new residential property.

06/03/2014

Luanne D.

I send a request for an estimate for my gate to my courtyard. The response I got about 20 minutes later was in all caps (hence he was yelling at me) stating that he has nothing to do with wood fences "it's in my profile" which, by the way it was not. Very rude. Do not recommend this person.

Description of Work
Nothing

Category fencing

I ANSWER 90 PER CENT OF MY E MAILS IN CAPS. THIS PERSON OBVIOUSLY VERY SENSITIVE AND ALSO ILLITERATE AS I CHECKED MY PROFILE IMMEDIATELY AFTERWARD AND IT STATES VERY CLEARLY NO WOOD FENCE. ANGIES LIST FAILS AGAIN TO FILTER REVIEWS THAT SHOULD NOT BE ON THE RECORD. THAT IS WHY WE NO LONGER RELY ON ANGIES LIST!

06/02/2014

Tom B.

Category fencing

this is another review of a job we did not do. I do not have either this name or address anywhere in my database. The other thing about this review, he gives us all A's for everything but price, then says he would not hire the contractor again because he gave a B on the price. The review is good but I still did not perform the work, which reflects poorly on Angie's list!

04/14/2014

George C.

Brian and his crew installed an absolutely perfect professional grade PVC fence on our large lot. When Brian initially came out, he showed me cross cuts of his fence -vs- other local options. His was obviously superior in every way, as the thickness far exceeded the slightly cheaper alternatives and the color (I went with a more natural Tan) went all the way through the material. Brian also took one look at my survey, and determined that my old fence was cutting 3 feet of my back property line and 18 inches to on side. Once we talked about how his company worked, and that he only installed PVC, and not wood, I knew it was the right fit for me. We scheduled the work, and his crew came out once they had all the parts in stock. His crew got right to work, and finished the fence amazingly fast. The fence is razor straight, and is right on the proper property line. I could not heve been happier with Brian and his crew. If you are looking for the best PVC fence and installation crew, call Brian's Fence. You will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
Installed a 300 foot tan PVC Fence and two gates.

Category fencing, driveway gates

This customer was quality oriented from the first. He had a wood fence to be replaced and I mentioned to him that he could get a cheaper price, but not a better product! he went with all the upgrades including decorative tops. A nice job even with the grade challenges. As my two friends in the furniture business say, another satisfied customer!

04/10/2014

William H.

Brian came out to my home very quickly to look over what I needed done. He provided an estimate the same day. Brian communicated with me via email and promptly answered my questions. From the day of the estimate to installation was 7 business days. Fence and gate was installed complete in one day and the quality was excellent. I really appreciated his professionalism from the first phone conversation to final completion. Excellent customer service! Thanks Brian!

Description of Work
Installed fence and gate to code for pool.

Category fencing, driveway gates

This customer had just completed a pool and had no fence up for security. He also mentioned he was having difficulty in getting anyone to show up! We kind of put him to the front of the line because of the pool situation and also because he is an angies list member.

07/27/2013

ANTHONY A.

Left phone message to receive quote. Never received a returned phone call.

Description of Work
no work performed

Category fencing

never received phone call or he wanted wood fence, and we state very specifically we do not install wood fence

06/16/2013

AARON W.

Brian and his team did a fantastic job. Our neighbors and friends have all commented on how beautiful the fencing makes our home look They completed over 150 ft of fence in 2 days! Definitely the right choice for your project.

Description of Work
Installed aluminum fence & gate

Category fencing

this job was a challenge as there were county variances and a roll gate over an asphalt driveway with a gate operating system. It was obvious when I got there he had had a bunch of "salesmen' out there but no real fence people, which is what we are. It is also nice when the customer is cooperative and does not mind giving a little feedback as things progress! All systems go on this nice job

04/17/2013

DAVID D.

Bryan immediately responded to my request and had workers out the very next day. Very professional, very timely. I would definitely use his again for me fencing needs.

Description of Work
Removal of fence.

Category fencing

WE WERE HAPPY TO BE ABLE TO HELP THIS GENTLEMAN OUT AS HE WAS DOING PLENTY OF WORK AND THE FENCE NEEDED TO COME OUT-THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD REPORT!

04/05/2013

Carin T.

Brian and his team were very responsive throghout the process, from the time we initially called him until the completion of the fence. Ironically, he was recomended by two separate people on the same day so we figured he must be good, which he was. The fence looks fantastic!! His team worked very hard. When we replace the side wood fences with pvc, we will definitely use him. I would recommend him to others. The price was good as well. We got one other quote from a larger improvement store for a wood fence that was comparable to Brian's price for pvc. Overall, we were very happy with his services.

Description of Work
Put up a pvc fence on the back of our lot and and replaced the front wood gates with pvc. We currently did not have a fence on the back of our lot. Only on the sides and front.

Category fencing

We were happy to get [member name removed] fence up promptly as they had some dogs to keep in. thanks to steve for trimming back the existing hedge so installation could be done.

03/22/2013

Sandra P.

The first time I called he claimed he was indisposed. We had made an appt to meet at 4. He didn't wait 5 minutes, I was just next door talking to my neighbor.

Description of Work
I called Brian's Fence Company Inc to install a fence

Category fencing

I expect my customers to be there when we make an appointment. these estimates are at no charge and i expect some common courtesy, a note on the door perhaps???i called her before I left and she did not answer her phone, so I left a card on the door, which she fails to mention in her comments. I mentioned that I live close by and could re-schedule, but she declined. My feeling is that she will be a difficult customer and maybe I dodged a bullet!

02/11/2013

Dena and Stuart B.

2 guys came over within a week and did the job with no problems at all. Everything went perfectly and they work efficiently and it did not take them very long because they knew what they were doing.

Description of Work
Brian came over, looked at my work detail and emailed me same day with estimate. I was scheduled within a week for work to be performed. They were going to add some more chain link fence to the property.

Category fencing

WE APPRECIATE THE WORK AND THE GREAT REPORT!

02/06/2013

Charlene S.

I contacted Brian and he replied very quickly. I advised him I wanted a 6 ft privacy fence and even sent him a arial screenshot of my property. I was very pleased to hear back and realized that he was answering me electronically. I look forward to meeting with him and seeing what can me done to keep my dog and house safe.

Description of Work
Brian contacted me immediately after submitting my request. I have set an appointment to meet with him later this month for my estimate.

Category fencing

I am looking forward to working with the customer when she returns to the area

01/17/2013

Michael B.

Brian and his crew did an awesome job and the price was very reasonable. They came out early and fenced in our entire yard in a timely and accurate manner. The fence looks great and Brian made sure that all loop holes were covered so our dog would be safely secured. I would definitely recommend his services to anyone looking for a job well done!

Description of Work
Fencing in our back yard

Category fencing

Not only are we good fence people, we are real dog lovers, so when customer said he needed this asap, we got it done. We also upgraded his front gate to decorative steel fence so the neighbors would not see the black chain link fence. Thanks for the work mike, and welcome to florida.

01/14/2013

Jeffrey O.

The gate design proposed was much better that the original and the reinforced gate is a real plus. Also, on installation, they found an underground drain in the way and worked around it at no extra charge. I was very pleased and would definitely work with them again.

Description of Work
Installed wooden fencing for my back yard and installed a new Gate.

Category fencing

WE DID NOT INSTALL THIS FENCE EITHER! IT SAYS IN OUR PROFILE THAT WE DO NOT INSTALL WOOD FENCE AND WHEN SOMEONE CALLS, THAT IS THE FIRST QUESTION I ASK,"WHAT KIND OF FENCE ARE YOU LOOKING FOR?" IF THEY SAY WOOD- I REFER THEM TO SOMEONE ELSE. I HAVE TRIED TO GET THE PEOPLE AT ANGIES LIST TO REMOVE THIS POSTING, BUT THEY WILL NOT DO IT. JUST SHOWA YOU CAN'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ON THE WEB,ESPECIALLY ANGIES LIST.

01/07/2013

Chris N.

Brian came out personally the day I called him. He came across very knowlegable. He gave us some good ideas to work with and many options that made sense. He then described what set his company apart from others, what impressed me the most was that they mixed the concrete before pouring it into the post holes, whereas most companies just pour the dry mix and let nature take it's course. We decided to go with Brian, even though his pricing was a little higher than others, primarily because I felt confident that he would do a great job. On the day of install, we encountered a few problems, mostly with the neighbor's fence encroaching on our property, but Brian was on the phone with me talking me through my options and really making sense of it all. The fence looks fantastic.

Description of Work
We had an old wooden fence torn down to be replaced with a new vinyl one. Job included 2 gates.

Category fencing

Yes we encountered a few problems on this job, but because we have a competent crew who is very proud of his work, all problems were resolved even though Member was 1500 miles away. Also of note, we will never install a fence until we know where the property lines are. The issue here was the neighbors wall was on his own property, but the foundation for the wall was encroaching 8 inches in some places. We did not know this untill we started setting posts!

09/05/2012

Bob G.

Since there was no estimate provided, there was no opportunity to consider using this service

Description of Work
I requested via email an estimate on a fence replacement and indicated my availability the following week. Brian Driscoll responded promptly, indicating that he would stop by sometime during the next week and would call first. However, he neither stopped by nor contacted me again.

Category fencing

although i did not get the Member his estimate, we did speak after i went out there, although it could have been his wife i spoke to. there was a large bayyan tree in the way and they wanted to go over it, through it , or around it.We would have had too many trips out there to be competitive, i thought i had sent him a proposal, but i had not. We try to service all pinellas but when it gets this busy it is sometimes difficult!

08/07/2012

Arnold C.

Mr. Driscoll provided a proposal soon after I contacted him, which included an Angie's list discount as advertised. Once I agreed to terms, the hedges were removed, and we knew the boundary lines of my property, his crew came out to install the posts. Each post was securely cemented, taking care that buried utility lines (gas, water and fiberoptic) were not affacted. All posts were correctly spaced and aligned to ensure a clean and professional appearance as we as a sound and lasting installation. The crew came back the following day after the cement had cured and finished the job. Mr. Driscoll was present to supervise both stages of the installation. Now I enjoy excellent privacy and can proceed with landscaping and other plans without outside interference. I expect to hire Mr. Driscoll again for other fence work in the future. I recommend him highly as a consummate professional who cares about workmanship.

Description of Work
Install a 6 foot high white PVC tongue and groove fence along the west and north edges of my property. Mr. Driscoll also put me in touch with a tree service to remove, at a reasonable price, west and north hedges to get the ground ready for the fence, as well an individual who can conduct a survey of my property.

Category fencing

thank you,, for the nice report. Thanks to hale land surveying and b and d tree service for making this a much easier job!

06/29/2012

Margaret E S.

They did a great job. The job was done early. They definitely knew what they were doing. I totally enjoyed the process and it is beautiful. The neighbors have even been complimenting it as well. They honored the $100.00 for being an Angie's List member.

Description of Work
They came and put in a picket fence for me on very uneven property.

Category fencing

Was a challenge as we went back and forth several times as to what type of fence she wanted, and the end result was very pleasant for all. Very satisfying to make someone happy when they are not 100 percent sure of what they want.

06/12/2012

Charlotte T.

Brian was very responsive in terms of providing a complete quote and explaining all of the details associated with a fence installation. He was very patient with us as we worked through our options, and honored the Angie's List discount without hesitation. Good quality product. He and his team performed an outstanding installation -- completed the installation timely and cleaned up the site afterwards. The fence looks great, we have received a lot of compliments. We subsequently hired him to install a fence and gate at our commercial property are very pleased with that installation as well. Brian's efforts and the fence exceeded our expectations.

Description of Work
Approximately 90' feet of PVC fence, installed in a historical area within Tarpon Springs, Florida.

Category fencing

a real pleasure working with Member, wish all my customers were so quality minded and understanding1

06/03/2012

Ron G.

Brian's quote was second best and much better than the rest in quality and price except for one.

Description of Work
I got a quote from Brian only. I got about six quotes and his was the second best. He came by the house and was very positive and helpful. Had another not beaten his price by a significant amount, he would have had the work. I would definitely consider Brian again.

Category fencing

We cannot always be the cheapest price, but we always have the best product. The member is the kind of customer we are looking for-quality minded!

06/26/2011

Patricia J.

Brian did a great job. The quality was unsurpassed; much better than the references we checked from other fencing companies. The job did take a bit longer than we anticipated, but we were not inconvenienced at all. I was very impressed that Brian was on the job every day, not just letting workers come and do as they pleased. We had a vinyl fence installed at our last home in Jacksonville and the difference in quality is like night and day. The fence was approximately the same size as we had and the price was about the same - but our other fence was installed 7 years ago.

Description of Work
We received several quotes to install a vinyl fence on our property. Brian's prices were comparable to other quotes we received, being slightly lower than others.

Category fencing

This was a tough job-lots of trees and shrubs-and a massive tearout and haul away-plus a 12 ft aluminum re-inforced gate. The member were looking for a quality job and he got one-thank you to both of you.

06/08/2010

Annie C. F.

Excellent service. Very reasonable price. Professional service.

Description of Work
Installed chain link fence around the back for our pet.

Category fencing

thank you for introducing me to angies list!