Yeager & Company Inc

Founded 1944 • With Angi since December 2003

2310 Success Dr

Odessa, FL 33556

FREE in-home estimates, Hardwood Floors, Wood Look Tile, Porcelain Tile, Luxury Engineered Vinyl Plank Flooring, Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeling, Crown Molding, Custom Carpentry, and more. We are a Full Service Home Renovation, State Certified General Contractor. If you can dream it, we can build it in your home. Contact us today we'd love the opportunity to earn your business! !!SUPER SERVICE AWARD WINNERS 15 YEARS RUNNING!!...
Full Kitchen Renovation project
Full Kitchen Renovation

countertop installation

2019

04/12/2022

Sarbajit M.

They are excellent. Quality work, clean and cost effective. On time and professionals.

Description of Work
Flooring

03/15/2022

nichole P.

They contacted once and never responded. So if that’s an indicator of quality I’d assume go with another company as I did.

Description of Work
I needed the baseboards done

Category woodworking

12/08/2021

Dennis C.

Very happy with recent Yeager Flooring installation of luxury vinyl plank & baseboards throughout our whole house. Install team of Fernando & team did a great job...very professional, efficient & courteous. Will highly recommend Yeager Flooring Co.

Description of Work
Flooring/baseboards installation

Category flooring contractor, fireplaces

Hi [Member Name Removed]! Thank you so much for your kind words! We are delighted that you had a great experience. Thank you for sharing!

10/19/2021

Jill T.

I highly recommend Yeager & co. I had a bathroom and kitchen project remodel done and both turned out just like I wanted.

Description of Work
Bathroom and kitchen remodeling

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters

05/23/2021

Ralph P.

Honest, professional craftsmanship. So very helpful in unexpected ways.

Description of Work
Engineered hardwood flooring replacement

Category hardwood floor

04/07/2021

Aaron B.

I couldnt say enough about the incredible work that Yeager did in our home. We completely gutted our kitchen. Haven Talley went above and beyond at making this project a priority, in the midst of a super busy time. They completed the job on time and even came out a month or so later to just tighten up some lose ends that we found (probably caused by my kids). I would highly recommend them and I look forward to giving them more business in the future. Thanks Haven and Yeager!!

Description of Work
Kitchen Remodel

Category custom cabinets, ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling

03/05/2021

Jo C.

The Yeager team is professional and thorough from the sales rep Mike, to the crew that cleared out the house (Anthony) and Ron that laid the floor. My floor was damaged by water and had to be removed, the floor leveled before any new flooring could be installed. They are efficient, timely and willing to keep the customer informed during the process. I would recommend them to everyone who is looking or a QUALITY job done. I will call on them again to do my bathrooms.

Description of Work
I needed faulty flooring removed and new flooring installed.

Category flooring contractor, fireplaces

02/21/2021

Louis D.

Very well two men came and did the job in two days moved our bed and put everything back in place including a night stand and chest we had moved prior to the work they were very pleasant to talk to and answered all our questions we were very pleased with their work

Description of Work
New tile floor

Category ceramic tile

12/29/2020

Marc S.

I seldom write reviews; I’ve written maybe a handful in the past decade. Not opposed to writing them – the reality is, since moving to Florida (part-time), I haven’t received that combination of superb results and first-rate customer service from any company that made writing anything worthwhile. I’m writing one for Yeager because their work was impeccable, customer service superb, and they carried out their work – from start to finish – with absolute honesty and integrity. We hired Yeager to paint the entire interior of our home (approximately 3500 sf) – top to bottom, floor to ceiling, and to install hardwood flooring throughout the entire first floor, and carpet in the bonus room on the second floor. When my wife walked in the door (we were away when Yeager completed the job), her jaw dropped to the floor. It soon became obvious that the home we had earlier this year put on the market to sell with plans to build a new home was going to be our forever home. With just paint and floors, our home had been transformed into something out of one of those Home and Garden magazines, or off of HGTV. Take my word for it: the paint lines are crisp and the flooring guys were meticulous and precise with their work, as if they were outfitting their own homes. Nobody walking in the front door would be able to tell the difference between Yeager’s work on my 15-year old property and a new build. Yes, it was that good. Even more important than the work, in many regards, was Jim Yeager’s and Mike Shorba’s involvement at every stage. They were honest, responsive, and operated with a sense of integrity that I’ve found to be rare in my nearly decade living in Florida – having experienced contractors who don’t show up, half-do the work, walk out on the job, and/or are unresponsive. Though I shopped around for nearly two years (including three bids from Yeager), we’re delighted to have found a company that operates the old-fashioned way, like the way we did things where I grew up in the Midwest. If you are contemplating Yeager, just pull the trigger. You will be glad you did. They will certainly be my go-to for future housing projects.

Description of Work
Interior Paint, Flooring (Wood, Carpet)

Category flooring contractor, interior painters

10/06/2020

William C.

Eddie the installer was excellent...very clean for a messy job. Very conscious of us living there while he was working. Just be aware of extra charges if you supply the tiles. If they’re just installing, you wind up paying for ALL supplies

Description of Work
Replaced ceramic tiles with porcelain tiles.

Category ceramic tile

10/02/2020

John C.

Excellent from start to finish. Our sales rep, Mike, came to the house with samples based on our inputs from scheduling an online appointment. We selected the product we wanted and he measured, explained the installation process and left us with an estimate. We arranged financing through the company they dealt with that we also had an existing account with. Final contract was sent to us online, signed electronically by us and returned. We expected about 3 weeks but were pleasantly surprised when they were ready to schedule installation within one week. Installation crew was fantastic, arrived promptly on scheduled day, removed furniture and began demo of carpeting. Entire process took about 6 hours and crew cleaned up and moved furniture back before departing. Finished laminate flooring is beautiful and we will definitely use Yeager & Company for future projects we have on our wishlist.

Description of Work
Remove carpet and install laminate in family room and den/office.

Category awnings, flooring contractor

08/31/2020

Megan L.

Jim Yeager and his crew were nothing short of professional. The work they did was impeccable! We had a water pipe burst and cause a ton of damage. They got right to work and completed the repairs in a very timely manner. We will use again in the future and tell all of our friends/family. Thank you!

Description of Work
Install Flooring, Drywall, Painting and Mold Mitigation

Category closet systems, drywall, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, water damage restoration, interior painters, mold removal

07/15/2020

Curtis R.

Yeager did a great job from listening to my needs and goals, (Haven Talley) designing a beautiful remodel, to prompt and skilled craftsmen and workers performing demo, wood-like ceramic tile installation, re-tiling the shower, wall and bathroom floors. They helped me save $$ by reusing some of my mirrors and fixtures, and perfectly installed all of the new components that make my 20 year old home new again.

Description of Work
Full remodel of main bathroom and partial remodel of guest bath. New floors in three bedrooms.

Category flooring contractor, interior designers, home remodeling

06/21/2020

Mark W.

Shower remodel, drywall work, joist repair.

Description of Work
Loved working with Yeager. Dan, Haven, Robin, and everyone else was great to work with. They do top notch work.

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, electrician, lighting, plumbing, interior painters

06/10/2020

Lorraine N.

Our bathroom and bedroom remodel came out great. We couldn’t be happier.

Description of Work
Bathroom and bedroom remodel

Category awnings, closet systems, electrician, hardwood floor, interior designers, plumbing, window treatments, woodworking, home remodeling, interior painters

06/03/2020

Patrick S.

Replace All Engineered Hardwood Floors

Description of Work
We bought a condominium with glued down engineered hardwood floors that had water damage. The entire home needed new flooring. We needed them removed, the subfloor repaired, and new high quality, beautiful vinyl plank flooring installed. Mike S gave us a very fair price for what turned out to be a very labor intensive and complicated job. Mike’s removal crew and his installation and subfloor repair crew were phenomenal. Everyone was always on time and worked hard throughout each day of the six day project. They even had the owner of the company come by for consultation when things got really complicated. In the end, the floors look incredible, and the value of the Condo surely increased by way more than the cost of the project. This is a very honest company with extremely hard working people. I would definitely hire them again in an instant. I think they have the expertise to handle any home improvement project.

04/21/2020

Dylan C.

When we moved into our new home in Tampa, we knew we would need to replace the floors. It wasn’t long until we found Yeager online and then their incredible reputation on every single other platform. The team at Yeager was great from the minute we walked into the shop to the minute they left our home. We had a complete gut of carpet and tile and installed engineered hardwood. The finished product is perfect and we couldn’t be more pleased. You get what you pay for with this company. Thank you to Lee, Mike, and Jim for making our new home feel like it’s ours!

Description of Work
Complete removal of carpet/tile throughout home. Installation of 1400 sq/ft engineered hardwood.

Category awnings, hardwood floor

04/20/2020

Joe & Tami P.

Mr. Yeager was a pleasure to work with. His team did a phenomenal job sanding and refinishing 1500 square feet of hard wood floor! We are extremely pleased with it! The original floor was so scratched and ugly -- we wanted to replace it and Mr. Y convinced us to keep it and refinish it. We had no idea the wood was so beautiful when they removed the top layers. Wow! The team was very professional, courteous and highly skilled. We would definitely hire this company again and intend to do so in the future! The baseboards also look fantastic and the ceilings were painted very nicely. They were able to accommodate our very high ceilings by using scaffolding.

Description of Work
Sand and refinish hard wood flooring, install baseboards and paint ceilings

Category hardwood floor, interior painters

03/07/2020

Pam H.

I’m so glad we chose Yeager. Jamon was amazing, he went out of his way to work with the owner to get done what we wanted done. They even did the work over a holiday to accommodate us. We tiled our entire house. The installers worked very hard with difficult large porcelain tile planks, to make sure the pattern was random as we requested. It turned out beautiful!

Description of Work
Porcelain Tile

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

01/30/2020

Patricia R.

IT took almost a month to get a quote and when it did come back, it was $16,000 over two other estimates. Neither included appliances, electrical nor plumbing so the estimate should be similar. I was stunned to see a charge of $2577.00 for a Project Manager added to the quote. What?? I have done remodels over the years in a couple of homes and have NEVER seen this! I will take my hard earned money elsewhere!!

Description of Work
Total remodel of outdoor kitchen.

Category countertops, outdoor kitchens

No work performed review. Hard to believe someone would post something like this. You be sure to check back a year after your project is complete and tell everyone how good the job turned out. It’s amazing you wouldn’t ask why there is such a difference in estimates.

01/28/2020

Woodrow J.

Let me note up front that the company gave me a partial refund of about 10% of the original costs because of the problems encountered. The finished product is adequate. However, from the first day of demolition until project completion was 22 weeks. There were a total of four weeks that the job site was not available due to travel we had scheduled long before the contract was signed. The first travel did not begin until 8 weeks after job start and other three weeks of travel were spaced out over the next 4 weeks. Below is more detail of my experience. The scope of work included demolition of the current bath, a ‘tub to shower’ conversion, construct wall to separate the vanity from the toilet/shower area, new drywall, install tile, cabinets, granite tops and three pocket doors. Move plumbing to new vanity and placement of outlets and lights. The lower overall rating is due to the poor communication, lack of timeliness, and some work had to be redone because it wasn’t completed correctly the first time. There were materials ordered two months before work began and we were advised 14 weeks into the project that our materials were no longer available. COMMUNICATION: Throughout the process I had to answer questions that a superintendent should be asked, or information that should have been provided to the workers before they arrived on the job site. I’ve had to detail what size cabinets were going to be installed, where lighting goes and even where the new wall would be placed even though this was in the design drawings. My wife said it was good that I had some knowledge of construction since she would not have been able to answer the questions if I wasn’t here. The person that handles payments contacted me 18 weeks into the project to collect final payment. She was told the job was complete. I told her that I would not pay since we had no countertops, no glass for the shower, one door was not on site, no trim carpentry and the plumbing and electric was not connected. The first week of April, we met with the designer and selected materials. We were told that the job would not start until all materials were received to avoid delays due to delivery problems. Work did not begin until the middle of June. TIMELINESS: The first four weeks of work, there were workers on site for a total of seven days. In week 2 a ‘problem’ was identified with the existing drain lines and current code requirements. It took about 3 weeks for resolution. After 8 weeks we had some personal travel scheduled long before the renovation work was started which made to worksite unavailable. When the work started, we were told our travel plans would not be a problem since the work would either be finished by that time or almost complete. We never received a schedule or anything that would let us know what would be happening next. I was promised, on several occasions, a schedule, not of dates, but a ‘timeline’ of what actions would be happening next but I never received anything. We would get text messages of who or what trade would be showing up the next day but that was sporadic and sometimes we would have workers arrive unexpectedly. We would ask the workers on site if they would be returning the following day but they said they never know what they’ll be doing until the start of a work day. Once drywall was hung, in week 14 of construction, tiles and associated materials were delivered. Based on the contract, with that delivery a payment was due. I noted to the delivery person that some tiles were missing, he stated that it must have been delayed by weather. I contacted the designer since she was the one that said materials had to be in place before work would begin. She advised that the tiles selected was discontinued. That ‘set me off’ and I expressed my frustrations. That resulted in a visit and apologies from the company owner who then issued a courtesy credit. WORK REDONE: When the ‘tile guy’ came out he was unable to begin work because the wall boards were not hung correctly. He had to hang new wall board before he could place the tiles. There were problems with the drywall that I had to identify and have those areas re-worked. At the plumbing trim out, we found that the supplier of the bath fixtures (Hydrologic, vender of choice from Yeager) failed to identify all parts required. The plumber did not have the materials required to complete the job. Also, the pipes to the sinks had been pushed out of alignment by the drywall installation and the drain pipes sloped the wrong way. The cabinet and drywall had to be cut to correct. The vendor that supplied the granite counter tops, Elegant Touch Stonework (vendor of choice from Yeager), had a very limited selection. I’ve had granite installed at a home in Tampa and the vendor I used at over four times the selection available as the vendor selected for this project. Once installed, the granite did not shine like other granite in our home. Elegant Touch Stonework advised that the granite we selected, by nature, did not have a high shine. Unfortunately, the sales person did not provide that information when we were making our selection. COSTS: The estimate and contract included ‘line item’ costs for granite tops and shower glass. The glass was low by $200. The additional costs were added to the final billing. The glass was one fixed pane and a hinged door in a tub to shower conversion so not oversized. We were advised up-front that these items were estimates and additional costs was possible. With the volume of work they do, estimates should be closer to the actual costs. SUMMARY: We were told by the designer, the contractor and the company owner the problems experienced were not normal or how they do business. Earlier reviews for the company are positive which was a factor in choosing them to do the work. Caveat Emptor!

Description of Work
Bath remodel

Category home remodeling

These folks are both patient and lovely folks, I know we did not perform like normal and I again apologize to our customer. We learned several lessons and will try our best not to let ourselves disappoint another customer. We will no longer work in any older multistory condominiums, the plumbing obstacles in the building were like non we have every seen. I know Dan our head of construction reached out to you and we hope maybe we can help make a gesture of goodwill towards the disappointment we caused you both. Jim Yeager Most every remodel project have unforeseen issues in single family homes anything can be adjusted to conform to designs.. the same is not so for multi story buildings and especially older multi family high rises.

01/19/2020

Marshall M.

Yeager Flooring was so professional. The quality of the product and the install far exceeded my expectations. They were great to work with, and even when I threw in a last minute change, they exceeded those expectations too and got it done. The owner, the office staff, and crews were all the best.

Description of Work
New porcelain tile floors

01/12/2020

Joseph C.

We used Yeager and Company to do renovation work to our house, as well as repair water damage. They did a great job and were extremely conscientious and clean. They took care of our home. Jim Yeager was one of the best people we have worked with in the industry. Haven Talley and Melanie Carter, who helped us design and manage the project, did a great job and were excellent to work with. Haven’s communication, responsiveness and upbeat attitude made the process go very well. We would highly recommend using Yeager, especially Haven and Melanie, for the design work. Jim Yeager, the owner, has great integrity and delivered on everything that he said.

Description of Work
Renovation and repair.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, interior designers, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

11/19/2019

Autumn P.

Yeager Flooring is the best contractor/ local business I have ever hired. Everyone from the office, to the delivery, to the installers, to Jim Yeager himself, has been professional, polite, prompt, honest, and helpful. We needed new flooring and drywall repairs after a different company significantly damaged our home from a water leak accident. The difference between the two companies was night and day! I am so glad I found Yeager Flooring. The quality of the work is excellent and I never had to worry about any step in the process, they even helped me with insurance questions. Jim matched our older existing wood floor to new floor exactly - you can't even tell the difference. The financing is a great option as well. If you want a company with integrity, don't hesitate to hire Yeager Flooring. I will definitely use them again and recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Flooring and drywall repair

Category drywall, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

11/12/2019

Adam G.

Yeager & Co are a pleasure to work with, and the quality of work is second to none. I still can't believe how great my original wood floors look now after their work here.

Description of Work
Flooring Sales/Installation/Repair

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor