Cornerstone Construction & Company Inc

Founded 1996 • With Angi since June 2011

1746 E Silver Star Rd

Ocoee, FL 34761

"Quality Work By People Who Care" Remodeling, Framing, Drywall, Painting and more..... We Work Third Shift! Residential / Commercial. Licensed and Insured. 24 hours service. Free estimates provided (verbal)...

05/25/2019

Seems P.

Dwight from Cornerstone Construction is the REAL deal! I am probably one of the pickiest people when it comes to contractors. I have never liked a single one, but Dwight is absolutely wonderful. They have remodeled our entire kitchen (removed our whole old kitchen and replaced it with a brand new kitchen including appliances, exhaust, backsplash, etc) - it looks perfect, which I NEVER say. I have no conflict of interest....I am tired of contractors who don't do a good job so when I found Dwight, I was ecstatic. I have used his company for the build out of my medical office and always refer our friends and family to him.

Description of Work
Remodel of entire kitchen and put up new walls

Category custom cabinets, closet systems, countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, hardwood floor, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling

06/08/2018

Mark I.

Contacted the owner who seemed to be fairly reasonable on providing an over the phone quote so I asked if he could come out to the property to provide a more accurate price. He requested that I text him my address and phone number and said he'd see if he could come out the next day or day after depending on his schedule. 2 days gone and no response or follow-up. So I texted him a message and asked when he may be able to come out (thinking he may have likely been very busy and forgot; and giving him the benefit of doubt) but I never received any response or follow up. I was simply ignored. I would have expected the professional courtesy of keeping me informed if something came up or to respond to my messages at the very least. OR just state that there was no interest in performing the work which would have been acceptable as well. I chose this company because of the reviews but in this case the reviews didn't amount to much in terms of the professionalism and common courtesy of a good business ethic. I won't be using this company for anything. I'm sure there are more professionally based companies than this one. I rated a D because the guy seemed nice enough over the phone but the business ethic is simply bad.

Description of Work
Front window of home repaired

04/23/2018

kathy K.

Really well. Always in time, guys introduced themselves, shook hands & did their jobs well. Nice to have everything taken care of in 2 days.

Description of Work
Quartz countertops & tile backsplash in our condo kitchen. New sink & faucet, too.

Category ceramic tile, countertops, electrician, plumbing, home remodeling

02/28/2017

C Gloria C.

very well, will hire again.

Description of Work
install pavers

Category decks, home remodeling

01/31/2017

Sharon C.

It was fabulous. They were all prompt and friendly. We would definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
They helped finish an exterior house painting and siding project that another company left us high and dry. They responded the same day and redid a lot of the old work and finished the project in under 3 days. We were extremely pleased and the were all great. We would definitely hire them again!!!!

Category house painters

01/31/2017

Maurice F.

Fine, repaired, did not have to buy new door.

Description of Work
Repair dry rot on garage man door

12/08/2015

Diana B.

This company does cement work and said they knew how to do pool decks but after a few weeks of work it became obvious that they did not know as much as they needed to know. They did not put enough stretch rods in the resurfaced material as a year later the deck has cracked in multiple places and now needs to be completely redone again. Poor results from a $5K job is unacceptable but too late for me now.

Description of Work
Resurfaced pool deck

Category concrete repair, decks, deck cleaning, home remodeling

10/14/2015

Cynthia M.

Description of Work
They never got back with me.

07/09/2015

Daniel W.

Category custom cabinets, carpet installation, ceramic tile, concrete repair, countertops, hardwood floor, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters, doors

12/09/2014

Joseph H.

Never returned calls or emails. Hired someone else.

Description of Work
Nothing! Never returned calls or emails.

07/17/2014

Shirley B.

We were too far away from him to use him, but really wanted to.

Description of Work
He answered all our questions and was more helpful than we even expected. Very pleased.

07/08/2014

Ronnie M. H.

Description of Work
Added a half bath to our family room and installed bamboo flooring to the family room.

Category concrete repair, home remodeling, doors

05/30/2014

david S.

It's just fine and it took them 2 days to finish the work. They were great and the clean-up was good.

Description of Work
Cornerstone Construction & Company Inc. provided me a ceramic tile service.

Category ceramic tile

03/03/2014

mavis H.

I was very impressed. She was extremely thorough and helpful with colors and suggestions. When I decide to do my remodeling they are top of my list.

Description of Work
I called for an estimate.

Category carpet installation, hardwood floor, woodworking, home remodeling, house painters

01/20/2014

Sheila P.

Very professional. Very pleasant to deal with. I would certainly recommend him to anyone needing a Home Inspection.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

11/05/2013

Rod M.

Our experience with the guy who came out was great. He did everything great. He fulfilled the contract; we had a written contract with milestones and he did everything he said he was going to do. He was great.

Description of Work
We used Cornerstone Construction & Company Inc for a garage addition.

Category remodeling

08/26/2013

William and Linda S.

They wouldn't tell the truth about anything including their prices, what they would do, how long it would take, etc.. After a bunch of broken promises, lies, and incompleted work we hired another contractor to finish the job. The only "Wow's" we made were when we got their extra bills, when we were lied to, and the best one was when we ended the nightmare.

Description of Work
Home remodel.

Category home remodeling

My name is Dwight Lawrence, the owner of Cornerstone Construction, located in Ocoee, FL. It is unfortunate that you had a negative experience with your original contractor, however, it was not my company that did the work. My company prides itself on our professionalism, integrity, and completing jobs by honoring commitments. This case of mistaken identity is affecting potentially new clients from hiring me, and I would appreciate if you would remove this negative review and apply it to to appropriate company. Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation, and if have any questions, please feel free to call me at 321-303-3196. Sincerely, Dwight Lawrence

01/23/2013

Hilaria C.

He asked me different questions and then gave me a $10,000 estimate over the phone. I thought that was unprofessional for him to not even look at the job and then give a price over the phone.

Description of Work
I called them for an estimate for a bathroom remodel.

01/12/2013

Ann H.

It turned out great.

Description of Work
They installed new cabinets in our bathroom. They also installed new granite.

Category custom cabinets, marble & granite

11/06/2012

Isabel W.

IT WENT LIKE CLOCK WORK.

Description of Work
THEY REMOVED ALL THE APPLIANCES AND THEN THE OLD COUNTERS. PUT IN NEW COUNTERS AND RE-INSTALLED THE SAME OR NEW APPLIANCES. I HAD SPECIAL ITEMS IN THE COUNTERS THAT THEY TOOK EXTRA CARE TO WATCH OVER THE ITEMS. I LIKED THE FACT IT WAS DONE WITH 9 DAYS AND ALL THE EMPLOYEES WORKED FOR CORNERSTONE. NO SUB CONTRACTORS. AND NO DELAYS.

Category countertops, home remodeling

03/20/2012

Sharlene C.

I just cannot say enough positive things about them. They have been doing work for us for about 15 years or more. They do what they say. They keep within the price that they quote me. They coordinate with me and talk to me, and they are just really great. They are a really good company, and we don't always see that kind of response, so it's nice. With regards to the price, we always look for quotes, and they have always been right there. They just did everything right, and they have a perfect management. We just did not have any problems. When they said they were going to be finished by a particular time and they had to have a work done in order to do the next step, they were there and did it. They also did a renovation and put in a lot of new windows and built an extension several years ago, and they have just really done a lot for us, and this is a forty-year-old house, so it is not like it is easy.

Description of Work
I used Cornerstone Construction & Company to renovate my kitchen.

12/16/2011

Ronnie M. H.

I've wanted a 3rd bathroom for a long time, We finally had the means to get it done. We called 3 contractors from Angie's List. 2 of the estimates were over $11,000.00. That was way more then we wanted to spend Dwight from Cornerstone Construction was honest and fair and came in with the best bid. We couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Dwight of Cornerstone Construction added a half bath in our family room. Dwight, JoJo and Luis did an excellent job. New flooring in the family room was not part of the contract but he and his great team did it for us. He even told me where to get the new bamboo flooring at a great price. My husband refers to Dwight and his team as family now and are welcome anytime. I received two other quotes on price and they were over $11,000.00, Dwight went with me to pick out the floor tile, backsplash and mirror for the bathroom. The bathroom came out awesome.

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, handyman service, hardwood floor, plumbing, architect, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

11/16/2011

Tom D.

They are convenient and are in the city that I have the hotel. They perform a lot of services for my hotel and I will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Cornerstone Construction & Company to install carpet at my hotel for me.

Category carpet installation, roof cleaning

09/20/2011

lewis B.

They were real professional and dedicated. They were really good.

Description of Work
We used Cornerstone Construction & Company to renovate a bathroom. They painted the walls, installed tile and repaired some damage to the floor.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

09/08/2011

jeremy D.

I had used Dwight for his general Contracting services at a clients property I manage. He beat out 3 other contractors in price and time frame. The owner was ecstatic with the entire project. I decided to use him to remodel our kitchen in my house. I had priced it with 2 other contractors who had no suggestions, were too expensive and were going to take too long. He listened to what we were trying to achieve in look and finish and then gave us a little input. As we went deeper into the project he did his best to keep costs down and yet achieved an incredible result. So good that now we are contemplating remodeling the rest of the house. His communication, timeliness and costs have been an incredible surprise and blessing to my family. He is also a very friendly yet professional vendor that I would refer to anyone in the Orlando area.

Description of Work
Kitchen remodeling Appliance installation Plumbing Electrical Tiling Drywall Countertops Cabinetry and much more

Category bathtub refinishing, custom cabinets, closet systems, countertops, decks, drywall, picture framing, handyman service, masonry, plumbing, remodeling, small appliance repair, woodworking, ceiling fans, marble & granite, home remodeling, interior painters, cabinet refacing