Georgia Floors Direct

Founded 1993 • With Angi since August 2010

1420 SW 17TH ST

Ocala, FL 34474

Georgia Floors Direct is the low cost leader in flooring for any room in your home. We buy from the source so we are able to pass on the savings while providing high quality flooring. Whether your next project is hardwood or LVP / LVT Wood Look Planks, laminate, carpet, or ceramic tile, we want you to become a Georgia Floors Direct satisfied customer! With over a million sq feet of flooring let our experts help you and inspire you to find the right flooring for your project and at the price that meets your budget. Come visit us today!...

10/19/2020

tammy D.

The carpet was ordered and came in within a reasonable time. The installer they sent was awesome. It was a fantastic experience after having a disaster of an experience at Lowes. I love my carpet. Anthony at Georgia Carpet was great and the installer Marcus Ratlift was great.

Description of Work
purchase carpet and have installed

Category carpet installation

We are always happy to hear we have another satisfied customer! Thank you for choosing us and allowing us to serve you !

03/26/2020

Richard G.

Excellent service and pricing in the store. Excellent and quality work by the tile and carpet installers. Will definitely use them in the future, and will recommend them to family, friends and neighbors.

Description of Work
Front foyer, bathroom and shower all tiled. Two bedrooms had carpet laid.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, flooring contractor

We are happy to know you are satisfied! We appreciate you !

05/18/2019

Carroll B.

Even though the flooring that we had to match was no longer manufactured, Jerry Jones located wood that was a perfect match for the existing floor and helped arrange for the installation, which went perfectly.

Description of Work
Purchased engineered hardwood flooring for my house

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. Enjoy your new wood flooring. Brazilian Cherry is a beautiful wood. Jerry Jones

02/22/2018

Tom S.

Excellent. Flooring price was competitive with immediate availability. Recommended installer stopped by to provide cost estimate, which was reasonable. He also had no problem using part of the pulled-up carpeting/padding from the room to replace worn carpet on the stairs going down, which we wanted to match the bedroom on the first floor, a few feet from those stairs. Other installers would not do that. The installers showed-up on-time and did an excellent job on the installation of the flooring and the carpet. Once they left, we noticed an issue with the flooring, in that one of the edges of each piece had some adhesive from the manufacturing process, which we could not remove. We called Georgia Floors Direct and ultimately brought some leftover flooring to their store. We were met at the door by the manager, and after examining the pieces, he apologized, explained that he had already called the manufacturer telling them of the issue, explaining how this issue occurred during the manufacturing process. Since it was Thanksgiving weekend, he told on that on the following Monday, he would send our salesman and another person to clean each piece of flooring with some special cleaner he had, showing us how effective it was at removing the glue. Sure enough, they showed up on that Monday, on time, got on their hands and knees and cleaned every piece of the flooring (approx 400 sq ft). This took the better part of the day, but they did an excellent job. This was customer service at it's finest! It's been over 3-months and the floor looks great with no recurrence of the issue. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Purchase and install laminate floor in second floor room

Category flooring contractor

Thank you for providing us the opportunity !

01/15/2018

Carol O.

Excellent job, took time to listen to what I wanted to spend and provided me with materials in my budget.

Description of Work
New flooring for business office

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Thank you for choosing us. We appreciate you and the opportunity.

10/04/2017

John B.

It's a wholesaler for floor and tile and stuff and they're on Angie's List too. The quality of the stuff we picked was fine. They did a decent job of putting in 25 year vinyl flooring that's supposed to not leak and stuff. That was fine. The thing was their repair guys told us they were going to come back and fix something that they were supposed to do and they never came back, so that wasn't too great about that. My wife notice there was a dish, like a soap dish, in the wash room, because the area affected was supposed to be the washer, and there was tile that he was supposed to come back and re-grout or finish up because it was hollow sounding. He said he was going to cut it out and re-do it. He never came back and my wife said she is missing a ceramic dish soap thing that was in the wash area. It turned up missing and we asked them about it; we never did get a call back about it. We never got any response of them coming back after he came over to our house and promised us he would, so other than that, and that's the subcontractor, that's not the Georgia Direct people. If I had to, I would use them again, but not with that subcontractor. If I saw him, I wouldn't do it with him.

Description of Work
Did some flooring for us. They put in carpet which was fine. 25 year vinyl flooring.

Category flooring contractor

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you.

07/25/2017

Carol O.

Excellent - pricing was good timeliness of the installation was great.

Description of Work
Office flooring

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to serve you. We hope we see you again in the future.

07/24/2017

Stephen B.

Installer did a great job but couldn't finish because transition strips were not available at the time. It was about 10 days before the whole job was finished. We felt that Georgia Floors could have been better at communications. However, when we called they responded.

Description of Work
Carpets in whole house removed and replaced partially with engineered flooring and the rest with new carpet

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Thank you for pointing out an area for us to improve. We appreciate you and the opportunity.

04/10/2017

catherine L.

It went wonderfully, the only issue I had was they accidentally took my remnants:( I would definitely recommend them!

Description of Work
Georgia Flooring direct is where I purchased my carpet, they subcontracted the installation to Got you covered floors. Doug and his son did an excellent job. They removes all the furniture, removed and disposed of old carpeting and laid new carpet. They returned the furniture and even vacuumed all the debris!

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Thank you for providing us opportunity to serve you !

02/03/2017

Paul K.

We had shopped Home Depot, Lowe's, & then, Georgia Floors Direct. The S.F. Prices were all similar, but, Georgia Floors Direct=(GFD), was much less to install, & included some of the tear-out of the old carpet, & some of the old vinyl flooring....the others were also going to charge more for that. Also, we loved that you could lay-out the Sheet Flooring in the Store, to see it in a better way, & picture it in our home. This was truly beneficial, because our 1st choice would have looked "too busy". Anthony was our salesman, and did a great job! Not in a hurry, & NO Pressure...just helpful information. Then, Anthony set us up with the Installation....we live in a M.H., & would need a couple of spots where the sub-flooring would need a repair....he knew the right guy for the Job....Ryan. Ryan & a couple of his assistants, did a great job in doing the sub-flooring & laying of the Sheet Vinyl. He also made sure that all the spots that may have creeped-up a bit, were all taken care of, & smoothed-out. Overall, we are very satisfied with the whole process, & the prices we paid! We will go back to them for Carpet, soon.... We also found & used their online coupon for 10% off....up to $50. We would HIGHLY recommend them.....don't waste your time at other places, just go here first, you will be glad you did!! --Paul & Lynn K. Ocala, FL

Description of Work
Purchase Vinyl Sheet Flooring, & had it installed.

Category flooring contractor

Thank you for choosing us to serve you. We appreciate the opportunity !

01/30/2017

Nickey & William T.

Floor was great and the installer's they recommend were very good. People in store very helpfu

Description of Work
Laminate floor in 3 rooms and closet floors.

Category flooring contractor

We thank you kindly for the nice review, and for taking your time to post it. We appreciate your business !

01/26/2017

Eugene A.

It went great. Satisfied with the product.

Description of Work
I purchased carpet covering 4000 sq feet. Mr. Jones was very helpful picking out style. The carpet was delivered exactly when he said. I will certainly use this business again.

Category carpet installation

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to meet your needs !

01/07/2017

Ronald S.

We are very happy with the work. I liked the fact that they were punctual and that they cleaned up after themselves. They were here when they said they were going to be here.

Description of Work
We had them install a couple of rooms of flooring.

Category flooring contractor

We are pleased to learn you are a satisfied customer. We appreciate you.

12/05/2016

James D.

Our salesman George was very professional and answered all our concerns and questions. He kept in contact with us from the time we walked into the store until the flooring was installed with a followup call after the fact. I would highly recombined this store.

Description of Work
Installation of laminate flooring throughout our home

Category flooring contractor

It was a pleasure to serve you. Thanks so much.

11/22/2016

Michael H.

The recommendations were outstanding and very economical.

Description of Work
Carpet purchased for replacing old carpet

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Thank you ! Please come see us again.

11/07/2016

gail S.

Anthony at Georgia Floors was super to deal with and provided excellent communication and knowledge. Ted Hammond was expert and installed floors beautifully. Floors were 4-6-8 random width, so really took someone with lots of experience. He was great on prep, removal, constantly cleaning, and ending with hand rubbing over entire area-- impressive.

Description of Work
1/2 inch engineered hardwood floors

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

Serving you was a pleasure. Thank you for the opportunity !

10/25/2016

Jo G.

We were very pleased with the whole experience

Description of Work
We had used GFD before. After Hurricane Hermine, Anthony was very professional as he found a product more suited to our situation. With other repairs going on, they delivered the flooring in two loads. The installer they suggested worked well with our contractor in fitting all repair crews around each other.

Category flooring contractor

Thank you kindly for the business you gave us. We appreciate you !

09/05/2016

Carla M.

While in the store I did not feel pressured and when I did need assistance and questions answered the salesman promptly attended to me. The installer was professional and efficient and easily adjusted his schedule to fit mine. The quality of the product I chose looks just as nice as I had hoped and it was installed perfectly.

Description of Work
Old carpet removed and new installed in Living room and Bed room

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Thank you for giving us the chance to serve you!

09/03/2016

Sue B.

Went in, saw exactly what we wanted, made the purchase and did out own install. Great people The Jones. Great product. Helpful. If we move and need floors again, will be back.

Description of Work
Whole house wood floors

Category hardwood floor

Thank you for coming to see us and allowing us to serve you !

07/30/2016

Donald N.

We had purchased laminate flooring in the past from Georgia Floors direct approximately 5 years and was very pleased with the products purchased and the pricing. I also appreciated that while the sales people provided assistance they did not pressure us to purchase. This past May we had a flood in our home that damaged the flooring and we had to replace all of it.This time we choose to put laminate in all living areas including those that had carpeting prior to the flood. We also choose to put ceramic tile on our rear enclosed porch that had carpeting prior to the flood. Georgia Floors Direct recommended an installer, Wade Gibson of Belleview, for the ceramic tile. We had originally planned to have the contractor doing the repairs from the flood to install the laminate. Wade came out to quote the ceramic tile installation and I was very impressed with his professionalism and found out he also could do the laminate installation. I asked him to quote both the ceramic and laminate. His quote was very reasonable and was for what he actually was going to install. We had ceramic flooring installed in our kitchen in the past and the contractor charged us for the total space even though they did not install ceramic under the stove and refrigerator. Wade sent two young men to do the ceramic tile installation and not only did they do an excellent job, they arrived on time and were very polite. It was a pleasure having them do the work. The laminate installation went very well and I appreciated the quality of the work. I had done the previous installation so I had a very critical eye and they met my expectations. I also appreciated the little extras that Wade did at no charge. The grout for the kitchen ceramic tile had become badly discolored even though we had paid extra when it was installed to get grout that wouldn't stain. Wade said he had a product that would clean the grout and he did the cleaning at no charge. The grout looked like new after the cleaning. I also had a problem in my foyer that had ceramic tile. Because the drywall had been replaced due to the flooding the base boards were also removed and the grout went with them. Wade re-grouted the affected areas at no charge and offered to do the work without my having to ask. I had other contractors involved in repairing the damage to our home due to the flooding. They were more typical of what has become the norm with contractors. Not arriving on time, poor quality work and requiring that I inspect the work and point out items that were not repaired or not properly repaired. It was a pleasure working with Wade Gibson because he not only did what needed to be done but did more than I had asked or paid for. I give both Wade Gibson and Georgia Floors Direct my highest recommendation.

Description of Work
Georgia Floors Direct sold us the flooring materials & provided us with a recommended installer. We were having approximately 900 sqft of laminate and 250 sqft of ceramic tile installed.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

Thank you very much for providing us the opportunity to serve you. We appreciate you and the business !

07/28/2016

Kathy N.

We loved our experience and will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Showed us deals available that were much better than what we were going to get at first. Had installers to our house on time, and they did a wonderful job. Even with our 2 tiny toy poodles running around they were polite and courteous and kept working to get the job done faster than expected.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

Thank you. You are a pleasure to work with and we hope to see you again !

07/26/2016

Silas B.

Service was provided by the GA Floors Direct in Ocala, FL and was excellent. Manager Gerry Jones and his staff are superior.

Description of Work
Ceramic flooring for bathroom

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

Gosh your kind words are good to hear. Thank you very much for being our customer !

07/26/2016

Barbara C.

The installers were very professional, punctual, clean, and cleaned up after themselves.

Description of Work
Removed old cracked tiles and replaced them with new ones.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

You are kind to post a review of your experience with our business. We thank you for providing us opportunity!

02/16/2016

William B.

It didn't go together well. It was problem wood that another company rejected.

Description of Work
I bought 2500 square feet of engineered wood.

Category hardwood floor

02/16/2016

DAVID S.

They were phenomenal and it was the best experience that I have ever had done.

Description of Work
I used them a few years ago. I walked in there and a saw a floor and price that I liked. They told me that was the price and that included the base, the trim and the extras. The crew that he sent out was unbelievable. They even took off all the molding, when others did not want to do. They were very efficient and they all knew what they were doing and were helping each other.

Category flooring contractor

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your business!