ALAN LINDSEY ROOFING INC

Founded 1980 • With Angi since July 2010

1706 N MAGNOLIA AVE 302

Ocala, FL 34475

When it comes time to have someone attend to your roof, you want a qualified professional that has your best interests in mind. You want a company with a good reputation that will adapt to whatever problems your roof may have. Our company has the experience and qualified professionals that will

Jessie R.
08/29/2015
Description of Work
A1+ from start to finish. Pricing was great, the best in the industry. Very professional crew.
Betty M.
06/12/2015
della J.
05/14/2015
Description of Work
Replaced roof.
David L.
04/16/2015
Very good and knowledgeable roofing company. Everything went as spec'd and agreed to. Good price and quality. 1 1/2 years after the work was done, the roof still looks like new. I'm writing this review because I forgot to do it back in 2013 when I had them replace my barn roof. I now have some minor roof repairs that need doing on my home and Alan came out within a few days of my call to give me a price. His price is very reasonable and will be doing the work shortly. I'll continue to use Alan Lindsey Roofing to handle any roofing needs I have. I'd recommend them to anyone.
Description of Work
Replaced metal roof and some rotten wood rafters on barn.
Beverly W.
11/10/2014
Work was done when promised. Very professional crew. Rarely saw them take a break except at lunch and only took 2 days to finish. Crew clieaned up completely. Alan Lindsay is professional and also exteeemly likable. Everything he promised was done in a timely manner.
Description of Work
Replaced Roof
Robert B.
10/23/2014
Description of Work
REPLACE ROOF AND EVERYTHING WENT WELL. VERY GOOD CREW
Barbara M.
08/18/2014
Patti T.
07/15/2014
He never arrived for an estimate
Description of Work
Called to schedule for an estimate. Spoke to Alan himself who said he would be out the next day. Never arrived. He spoke to my husband a few days later but still never showed nor have we heard from him since.
Larry P.
03/01/2014
Never responded to my phone call for an estimate.
Robert M B.
10/07/2013
Alan Lindsey is simply the best - He is now waiting for my addition to be started so he can place the new metal roof on the addition .
Description of Work
ripped old metal roof off to the decking & reroofed with a fantastic new metal roof
Sylvia G.
08/12/2013
He was responsive on the phone, came out and looked the situation over. He got rid of a squirrel nesting in the roof and replaced the wood and metal fascia, repaired the soffit in 2 areas and left. He contacted me and told me I needed a new roof there wasn't much he could do. At this point I was completely satisfied that he had taken care of the problem that I couldn't even go look at from my home out of state. I sent a repair man over to fix the ceiling where the skylight had leaked and water was pouring in through the ceiling as it was raining. I called Alan again and he went out and supposedly repaired the skylight, put in a few singles where some were missing and told me that he had done all he could, it might not hold I needed a new roof which he could put on. He told me my roof was shot and had 2 layers of shingles and would cost around $8,000 to replace. I had purchased a foreclosure and had to move from Michigan to Florida. I finally arrived July 29 with my husband and his friend. the friend went up on the roof with some rubberized roof repair caulk and a gallon of it and put it on around the skylight flashing. We had a downpour within 3 days of repairing it ourselves and guess what it didn't leak. If non-roofers can get a skylight leak fixed why can't a licensed roofer?
Description of Work
He was supposed to fix a leaking skylight, repair the facia and soffit.
gutter repair, roofing, skylights
Norma D.
08/05/2013
Alan came to my house the day after I called. I called 3 others no one called back until 2 weeks later. Alan went up on the roof, I thought It might all need replacing, but he said no only the valley needed work. he quoted me $700.said it would be a couple of weeks. That turned out to be 4 weeks but it had poured every day during that time. I called Alan to get a new ETA, he was most apologetic. His son came out the next day to see what needed to be done, that morning, said he would be back at noon. The rain poured down again, I was at work. Next morning they showed up and completed the job Did exactly what they said they would do.at the price they said they would do it for. No mess left behind Highly recommend. All this delay was not the contractors fault, the weather determined the outcome. I did forget to use my 10% coupon, my fault, I never mentioned it.
Description of Work
Repaired roof as contracted.
Robert J P.
07/03/2013
NO DETAILS-NO SHOW, NO CALL
Description of Work
nothing NO SHOW
Robert J P.
06/21/2013
There was no call and no show.
Description of Work
He was supposed to come out and give me an estimate.
Marie J.
05/19/2013
Called and left a message to get an estimate and had no return call
Description of Work
nothing
Ronald M.
05/07/2013
You can trust this roofing contractor. What he says is what you get.
Description of Work
I wanted a new pre-painted steel roof on my house. I went out for three bids. Mr. Alan Lindsey came to my house the day after I called him. His estimate was 28% less than the highest of the three bidders. I checked with a contractor I know and he highly recommended Mr. Lindsey. On the day the roof was to be started, Mr. Lindsey and 7 of his crew members arrived. I was thoroughly impressed with all of the workers as nobody was goofing around. All these workers worked hand in hand. The quality of the overall job was superb. Everything that Mr. Lindsey promised, I got. All of my neighbors has complimented the job that this crew did. I have a lifetime roof now and anyone who wants to see it can stop at 20390 The Granada, Dunnellon, FL 34432 and take a look at professional work. I highly recommend Alan Lindsey Roofing of Ocala, FL.
Sam W.
05/05/2013
Made contact--never received a return phone call, let alone an inspection or an estimate. What bad economy? Pass this place over.
Description of Work
We had a leak in our roof and wanted it looked at and an estimate--and fairly quickly because it's been raining!
Teresa W.
03/18/2013
Mr. Lindsay came to our home and explained he had been there previously and had spoken to the previous owner (deceased.) We knew the previous owner had investigated a new roof because when we purchased the home there were sample roofing cards in the garage. We discussed every aspect of the reroof and Mr. Lindsay explained the best way to go about it. We agreed with the changes to the ventilation system and chose a color after a drive through the neighborhood with Mr. Lindsay. He mentioned he had done many of the roofs in the neighborhood homes. We received a quote via email, as we requested, and agreed to have Mr. Lindsay complete the job. He was 2 weeks out and would start as soon as possible. He did not require payment until the job was completed.
Description of Work
Mr. Lindsay and his sons and team were prompt, courteous professional and focused on the job. We needed a total tear off and whole new roof on a large home and detached garage. We got 4 estimates and he was neither the highest nor the lowest. He was honest and forthcoming with answers to all of our questions. They did the job in a decent amount of time given the size of the job and did everything well. The cleanup was exceptional and the week after the roof was on I hung Christmas lights. The gutters were spotlessly clean. The yard was clean. A small tear in our pool screen was attended to immediately at no additional charge. We could not say enough good things about Mr. Lindsay and his team of roofing professionals. I am so glad we hired them and they not only did a great job on our roof but they continue to give us quick service with photos required by our insurance company regarding the wind mitigation discounts. Don't hire anyone until you speak to Mr. Lindsay. Then hire him!
Robert M B.
02/17/2013
I had about 7 estimates ,but the person I wanted was " Lindsey Roofing " . He was not the most expensive-- but clearly he is the best-- in my humble opinion. When you spend that much money, on a roof ,you simply want it done RIGHT the first time. His crew arrived each day just before sun rise and worked until dark . From their shop to my home is 60 miles . The job took 10 days to complete with 6 "Craftsman" each day . They were the same men ,and no sub contractors. Alan Lindsey had his " Son & Son in-law " on the roof . They are not just roofers --They are Professional Craftsman".
Description of Work
Mr Lindsey remove a "Dura-Loc" metal roof that was on battens -- renailed ALL decking to code -- Replaced all bad decking back to code -- Place peel and stick underlayment - Placed new Gerard metal roof . EVERYDAY my yard was spotless of material that they were working with - they preformed a magnetic sweep several time a day then just before they pulled out each night .
David W.
11/05/2012
Absolutely topnotch cooperation, professionalism and timing. My wife had an eye problem and emergency surgery just before the original schedule for the job. The Lindsey team re-scheduled without objection and accommodated us completely. Mr. Lindsey's son was the crew chief on the job and he kept us completely informed on what was happening and when. All of the little changes that were requested by us were performed without objection. We are in our late seventies and have had many jobs of this nature over the years, this company was superb
Description of Work
Installed a new roof with specified asphalt shingles selected and approved by us as to color,quality and life expectancy. Entire roof on the home was replaced.
Larry J.
09/16/2012
Never responded with any estimate or phone call.
Description of Work
Came to look at roof problem.
James T.
06/29/2012
I liked the quality of their work. They were competitive on price.
Description of Work
I used Alan Lindsey Roofing Inc to replace the roof.
Barbara J B.
09/01/2011
1. Looked the companies up on Angies List 2. Set up 3 appointments with the 3 different companies. 3. Spent time researching how a roof is done, and took the time to watch any necessary videos. 4. Made a list of questions, that I asked each contractor. 5. Kept a list (on separate pages) of each of their answers. 6. Made my decision, call ALAN LINDSEY, AND HIRED HE AND HIS MEN TO DO THE JOB. 7. Signed the papers for the permit, and selected a color, brand, and vents, etc. 8. Once the permit was obtained, Mr. Lindsey called to set up a date to start. 9. Day one was removal of old roof, down to the boards of the house, replacing what boards were needed. 10. Day two was putting on the new roof, and after finishing, they totally cleaned up their work area, made sure nails were gone, and they disposed of everything. 11. Alan Lindsey, came out and checked the job, asking for NO MONEY, until after the inspection was completed and he got notification that he could get his money. 12. A few days later the inspector came out, gave a thumbs up on the job, and said it was done well. 13. He came the following week, to get his money. 14. Still being very kind, he thanked us for hiring him. And he was paid. BY THE WAY, HIS ESTIMATE WAS EXACTLY WHAT THE COST OF THE ENTIRE JOB WAS. DO get more than one estimate DO your homework, know the terms, and how the job should be done, make sure that you are given a written estimate. AND make sure that estimate covers ALL and ANY materials you know are needed. DO not be intimated to ask questions. If they seem nervous, or annoyed and do not want to answer your questions, DO NOT hire them. DO NOT EVER pay them in advance. Make sure they get the proper permits to do the job. DO talk to the inspector when he comes out. Be sure to THANK THE OWNER ONCE THE JOB IS DONE. If a job is done right, let others know....ANGIES LIST is the best place to do that. Because that is where I started !!
Description of Work
From the beginning when the owner Alan Lindsey came out to meet us, and give us a written estimate, we felt there was something "right" about him. We continued to get two other estimates. But no one struck us as having so much honesty, and caring for your home and needs as this man did. My husband died many years ago, so, unlike some companies who would take advantage of a widow; I am proud to say that he DID NOT even try. Once we decided on this company, he came back out, and had us sign the papers for the permit, he asked for NO money upfront, and once the permit was obtained, and we had selected the roofing we wanted, he with permit in hand, had his crew (headed by his son) begin the work. The crew were respectful and did a wonderful job. In years past, I have had to have a roof put on other homes I lived in, but this by far was the best and smoothest transaction. I really did my homework on having a roof installed, and I asked many many questions to all the people who came out. Mr. Lindsey was the most receptive to the questions, answering them honestly, and was very gracious and kind. He DID NOT ever at any point make us feel as though we were wasting his time. There were a couple of times, before my decision was made; that I even called his business on the phone to ask him other questions. When the crew was finished, the inspector came out several days later, gave a clear on all the work, and mentioned that a VERY GOOD job had been done. We ARE VERY pleased with the job that was done. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO ASK QUESTIONS. DO YOUR HOMEWORK BEFORE HAVING AN ESTIMATE DONE AND KEEP NOTES, OF YOUR TALK WITH EACH CONTRACTOR. The neighbors are quite impressed with the looks of the roof, as well as I am. I WOULD DEFINITELY recommend THE ALAN LINDSEY ROOFING COMPANY TO ANYONE WHO ASKED ME. And, by the way, I did check the 3 companies out on ANGIES LIST, before asking them out. THANKS ANGIE. THIS SITE IS DEFINITELY HELPFUL.
Keri S.
08/12/2011
Very prompt and professional, these guys did everything they said they would do and told me the job would take a week weather permitting and even with the rain we had they got it done with a day to spare. Very professional and a very good overall experience for being a roofing job!
Description of Work
Tear off roof Replace rotted wood and replaced new Architectural shingle clean up
Annie J.
09/02/2010
After being stood up by a roofer I went from Miami to Ocala to talk to, I contacted this company who was second on my list. They immediately told me that what the other roofer said he would do was against code in Ocala. He offered to go and see the property and get back to me. He called me and told me I only needed minor repairs (total $600 vs. $2,000 from the other roofing company) and that he would do it and mail me an invoice. When I was able to get to Ocala again I found the work had been done beautifully. It rained cats and dogs that weekend and I did not see a leak.
Description of Work
Roof repair