CUSTOM COOLING & HEATING INC

Founded 1990 • With Angi since August 2010

1257 LAMAR RD

North Fort Myers, FL 33903

Air Conditioning & Heating company serving Lee, Charlotte & Collier Counties since 1990....

01/17/2022

Tammera F.

I dont usually post reviews but was so happy with the service I had to do it! I called and requested a service call. I do not live in FL and was handling this situation for a family member out of state. The receptionist was very polite and set up appointment the same day with a 2 hour window. They were there within 30 mins of call and finished diagnosing problem and had it fixed within the hour. Very pleased with their service and will definitely use them again if needed.

Description of Work
AC repair not blowing cool air

10/15/2020

Patricia L.

Wonderful experience. Joey was our technician and he was very informative and professional. He made us feel like he had our best interest at heart. We were dealing with another company before this and there is absolutely no comparison between your company and them. Thank you for super service!

Description of Work
Yearly maintenance on our air conditioner

02/01/2018

ROGER F.

Good quality work.

Description of Work
Installed new air conditioner and duct work.

10/13/2017

ROGER F.

It was real good. We've got air. They were very responsive. I called them at 5:30 and they showed up at 7. The guy was courteous. He gave us tips and was a nice man.

Description of Work
They put freon in my A/C unit, on an emergency call.

05/10/2017

Charles S.

They got my A/C running again. The service was thorough.

Description of Work
My A/C went out and needed to be fixed

06/28/2016

Linda H.

Description of Work
Great service. Custom Cooling replaced our old 3 ton AC/heat unit with a new Bryant one. The process was painless; staff was knowledgable, efficient, and prompt. I recommend them with no reservations.

04/15/2016

linda W.

Description of Work
Replaced air conditioner |They were on time and got the job done in 4-5 hrs. |Our air is in our attic space on the second floor. They were careful while removing the old one not to make a mess. Spread tarps on the stairs and wrapped the old unit.

03/31/2016

Rory R.

Professional and courteous, Gilbert did a great job. This was our first experience with this firm, and we have no hesitation in recommending them.

Description of Work
Annual service call. Gilbert was extremely professional, explained the works as he went along. Very personable. They arrived on time and I feel I got very good value for the money.

03/05/2016

Louie S.

They do good work. I will use them again. I wouldn't have anybody else. They are the best in town.

Description of Work
I have them come out to inspect, clean and go through the units twice a year.

10/14/2015

Theresa K.

10/09/2015

Joe W.

I contacted custom cooling on Angies list Robert called 7:30 am fixed the air (capacitor) checked everything out 8:15am all done. Robert Is a credit to Custom Cooling too bad to day is his last day moving back to Ohio to be with family. I only hope the next time I call Custom Cooling I get someone of his caliber. I have had few A/C companys do A/C work for me since I have lived in Florida, I know next time I will call Custom Cooling.I do not mind paying for good honest service. Thank You Robert and good luck in Ohio.

Description of Work
Service Call

07/13/2015

Sharon N.

This was a weekend call and they came out within the hour. They also made good a previous visit that went bad.

Description of Work
Replaced the fan relay on my air conditioner. .

07/07/2015

Robert F.

Description of Work
A/C Maintenance

08/02/2014

Vivian S.

They were on time. He was professional and knew what he was doing. Everything is running fine now.

Description of Work
They checked the air handler for leak in gargae and did some yearly mainenance.

05/11/2014

Jim H.

this in spite of the fact my air handler is in the attic over the garage.

Description of Work
Cleaned and serviced 3.5 ton pkg unit. Service was done on time, Jerry was friendly and knowledgeable. All

03/04/2014

Philip F.

From the initial estimate to the job completion, Custom Cooling provided one of the best contractor experiences I have ever had. I had two other companies give me estimates, including the current company that has been servicing my old unit. But George Ellsworth the owner was the only one that explained everything, taking the time to make sure I made the right choice in units. I am a former car dealer, and can spot an honest deal when I see one. I knew right away that Custom Cooling was that company. The installation was fast, thorough, and neat. The installers were on time and completed the job in under 2 hours. Custom Cooling came with many recommendations from others in my community. I will now tell everyone to call Custom and will continue my relationship with them for years to come. A GREAT company!

Description of Work
Replaced Central A/C and Heating unit

11/16/2013

Louie S.

First George the owner of the company came out to do the evaluation of the area we wanted to heat and cool. this is a large room with all glass windows surrounding it. George took great care to make sure we would have a unit that would handle this area. He then ordered the unit and explained he would be back the following Tuesday to install. When Custom Cooling sets you up with a service call or install you can bet they will be on time. Tuesday morning as promised the install crew showed up ready to go. They came with extra help and each had a specific job to do to get all the details of the install complete. Two worked on the outside and two on the inside. they were extremely knowledgeable and professional. the Service supervisor Bob, guided and inspected each phase of the work to make sure it was right. Just as the unit got mounted and the finishing touches worked on, George the owner showed up and personally inspected the entire install. Plus he also made sure we were happy with the units appearance and efficiency. He explained that once the crew finished the testing of the unit they would walk us through the controls and operation. The service supervisor Bob followed up and showed me how to clean the filters and how to operate the unit in all modes. He also took sufficient time to do the same training with my wife. In the meantime the rest of the crew did a complete clean up of all the packing materials cut off wire every last bit and loaded it all on their truck and did not leave it with me to dispose of. Bravo! Bob, then explained all the paper work. and I asked him how to register the warranty paper work. He said not to worry about it they do it at the office for me. He said that way they had every thing they need on file and they make sure of the accuracy of the paper work in case a claim had to be made. I have been dealing with Custom Cooling for six years now, they do all the service work on my house heat and air as well. since we built the house I have had a yearly service contract with them and they come out twice a year and completely go through my unit and make sure it is clean and working properly. I Trust them completely , George takes great pride in not selling you something you do not need. They are a old fashion great service company that cares and is committed to customer satisfaction. Custom Cooling & Heating is a great local company that performs professional work at a fair price, and does a excellent service of what they sell. I would recommend to any one that is looking for quality and good service.

Description of Work
Custom Cooling has been my heating and A/C service and sales provider for six years. on this last visit I called to have a specialized heat and air heat pump unit priced out. The price was extremely fair, and they ordered the unit and installed it.

07/30/2013

Janet W.

Service man was friendly and professional - quickly took care of problem. Excellent experience.

Description of Work
Air conditioner quit - extremely hot - holiday time - late in the afternoon - was fixed by 7 pm - simple inside of conditioner fix.

07/19/2013

Carla B.

We recently purchased a home in Ft Myers and wanted to have the HVAC system checked over as it is 9+ yrs old and our inspection showed a differential in temps between return and vents to be too low. Custom Cooling responded to our call promptly and was able to accommodate our schedule for service. Their technician, Jerry, showed up on time and was very courteous. There was a minor screw up in that the office should have asked us how high the air handler was placed in the garage since the tech only carries a 6ft ladder and needed an 8ft for our home. After returning with the 8ft ladder our system was thoroughly reviewed and tweaked and we felt that Jerry did a great job inspecting and reviewing everything for us. He even completed the unexpected task we asked of him of hooking up our new thermostat to the central line so we can connect it to our security system. Excellent work, no surprises and thorough. We'll definitely use them again.

Description of Work
HVAC servicing and inspection.

06/17/2013

Janice A.

They did an excellent job. They were personable, professional and prompt. I have nothing but good things to say about them.

Description of Work
They did an annual check-up on the Heating and A/C unit.

04/23/2013

Anita S.

Custom Cooling and Heating did work for my parents a few years ago and they were wonderful. Ida in the office was so knowledgeable and helpful - I never forgot her and she's still there! George Ellsworth, the owner came to give quote - very gracious, fit me at once into a very busy schedule and was generous in his estimate. Sharisse in the office was very helpful with billing, questions, even giving me a helpful referral for another needed service. Joe and his 2 associates (such a happy group of guys) showed up on time, they worked together smoothly, efficiently and in 2.5 hours they were gone, A/C installed and working beautifully. This organization feels to me like a long-standing family of professionals who get along well, are committed to their customers, to good service, honesty, integrity. What a comfort and delight to have them - I know I will not have to worry about anything - they would take care of it. Note: If you pay by credit card, Custom charges 4% of the bill. They also have financing options.

Description of Work
Installed new Bryant Package A/C, humidistat, new flex duct under home with enlarged return, permit, sanitized ducts. I already had new thermostat.

02/13/2012

Kathleen H.

They were prompt and efficient. They came out and fixed a new range. We were pleased with them. It was very good service. Their pricing was comfortable and they seemed to be reliable.

Description of Work
I last used Custom Cooling and Heating, Inc. in November of 2010.

11/23/2011

Therese B.

Very professional. Would recommend them to everyone

Description of Work
My AC unit was stolen while I was at work. Within an hour of calling Custom they were at my house offering options. That same afternoon my AC was replaced and everything was cleaned up. Fantastic service!

11/22/2011

Roy D.

I love them. They were honest and upfront. Their prices are right, they know what they are talking about, and they didn't try to sell me things I didn't need.

Description of Work
They just put in our new units for us.

06/30/2011

William L.

George took care of me, he is a very personable and honest man. His workmanship is always great!

Description of Work
The air conditoning wasn't putting out any cold air so he came in and fixed it.