Holloway Roofing Unlimited Inc

Founded 2008 • With Angi since November 2011

500 Florida 85

Niceville, FL 32578

Holloway Roofing Unlimited, Inc. is a small, family-owned business located in Niceville, FL. Owner Alex Holloway, a 2nd generation roofing contractor, has been installing Owens Corning shingle roof systems and serving as the area’s most reliable roofing company for over 15 years. We focus on residential re-roofing and repairs, as well as roof management programs for property managers and home owner’s associations for our commercial clients. We pride ourselves on our customer service, and strive to give you the best quality product available....

09/22/2020

Chelsey S.

The response to my review is 100% untrue and I have all documentation to back up my claims. When I asked Cory why he didn't mail a letter, his exact response was "Why would I mail a letter when no one would answer the phone?" BECAUSE 2 PEOPLE LIVE HERE... No attempt to contact me was made before he showed up at my office, knowing that we did not own the business. He explained that he found my place of employment through facebook, yet apparently he was unable to send a message through facebook. Now, he continues to slander my character through a public facebook post and lies. Despicable...

Description of Work
Reroof and chimney cap replacement

09/22/2020

Chelsey S.

Description of Work
Reroof and chimney cap replacement

09/19/2020

Chelsey S.

With many people having roof damage from this storm, I feel it is necessary to let you all know *DO NOT USE HOLLOWAY ROOFING* I had the worst experience with them and was treated worse by them than ANY company I have EVER done business with. I paid them $10k up front for my roof replacement in 2018. After 2 months, they finally came out and did the roof in 1 day (but not the chimney cap). The workers left an absolute mess! They left all my patio furniture out in the yard, left their Styrofoam cups from tom thumb all over the porch and yard, someone stuck their chewing gum on my hand rail, and they left shingles and nails EVERYWHERE. All 4 of my lawnmower tires were popped and had to be replaced, I had to repair 3 of my vehicle tires, and I had to pay to repair one of my neighbor's tires. A week (at least) after they put my roof on, they came out to put the chimney cap on. When I got home, my chimney was a different color than the rest of my house, which I assumed they were still planning on finishing, but apparently not. I got a bill for $650 in the mail and immediately called and told them I wouldn't pay this until my yard was cleaned up and my chimney was the right color and was told my sales rep, Cory, was getting married that weekend and would call me back. No phone call, ever, and I honestly let it slip for a bit because I got back into the grind of life and forgot. Cory shows up to MY PLACE OF BUSINESS and tells my boss that "I have a problem paying my bills." I was so upset and embarrassed. Not one phone call to me, not one email, not a letter in the mail, heck he could have come and nailed something to the door, he knew where I lived, but no he went to my WORK. The most unprofessional thing I have ever seen. When I explained to him I hadn't paid because of the issues, he demeaned me by asking if I "knew they were roofing nails, because most women don't know what roofing nails look like." That is a direct quote... So I explained to him that yes, my womanhood has not made me so stupid that I don't know what roofing nails are and then told him about the chimney. He told me if I wanted my chimney repainted it was EXTRA. Had I been informed of this up front, I wouldn't have been so upset, but I expected after almost $11k that my roof (including my chimney) would look better than before. His response? "Its like when you buy a boat, you don't expect the trailer to come for free." OK, but if I take my boat to be repaired, I expect it to come back THE SAME COLOR. His response again? "Go buy all the products, supplies, and paint and I'll send someone out to paint it for you." I was so mad that I literally never wanted to see him again. I offered to pay him half of what the balance was that was left so I could have the last bit of that money to make the repairs for their crappy workmanship and he agreed. Then, AFTER I PAID, he sent me a letter saying he removed the warranty from my roof for non payment. When the storm blew through this week, my BRAND NEW ROOF, with NO WARRANTY, because of a horrible company LEAKED. Take my experience as you will, but just know, you will be overcharged, underserviced, and if you are a woman, treated like you either don't exist or are too stupid for them to talk to. Be safe and please look elsewhere for your roofing needs!

Description of Work
Roof replaced

Category roofing,chimney caps

We hate for any relationship with our customers to end badly. In the case of your re-roof done in early 2018, the things that are in your review are not true. If you would like, I am happy to provide the proof that you signed off on all of the mentioned items. Also, the payment in advance for the roof was a personal decision made by you and your husband not required by Holloway roofing, we don't even require a down payment. I contacted you via email, voicemail as well as mailing you the invoice. Others from our office did the same and the invoice was even put on your door. On the rare occasion that you or your husband did answer, you immediately hung up. The one time you answered, you said that you thought that your husband paid. No one would have gone to your place of business but you told us that you were the owner. As for tires, we have an account at local tire shop that we send any customer with a nail in there tire to. I'm sorry that you felt things went badly, but we are running a business and providing a service that we DO require payment for.

02/22/2019

Doris E.

Everything went smoothly from scheduling, providing the estimate and performing the work.

Description of Work
Patched a hole in the roof

02/10/2019

Aaron F.

I would strongly recommend finding a different roofer in the area. We paid $4K for a small townhouse roof. That would have been fine if the quality matched the price. The company dodged my calls and emails showing these images and the poor quality work. Finally someone did come out and apologized and said "we can do better". This roof comes with a workmanship quality warranty. There is none. This is a sales tactic. I called them on the warranty and they only partially fixed one portion of the issues and still not to satisfaction. I'll be hiring a NEW roofing company to fix the poor quality work. Then will send Holloway the bill. Tried to work with them, but they just don't care. I hear this company had a great reputation, but I'm not sure why. Maybe the first generation prided themselves on quality, but the newer generation of Holloway running the company is going to ruin that reputation fast. Google maps "Garden Villas" in Fort Walton Beach, on Carmel Drive behind the Lowes. If you are local, come take a look at their finished product. You decide if it's work hiring this company. I'll take some more detailed photos and update this post shortly. But it might be easier to just swing by and see for yourself. LOL

Description of Work
Roof replaced on townhouse

We were sent a message on a Sunday morning threatening to bash us on all social media if we didn’t repair this roof which has a ten year warranty. We are open Monday thru Friday. On Monday we handled the matter immediately but unfortunately by Sunday afternoon it was too late... we were never even given a chance. We have since fixed everything and honored the warranty as always. We wish he had just called or stopped by our office on Monday.

01/20/2019

Gordon W.

Outstanding!!! Joey scheduled inspection and provided estimate following day. Came in $1500 less than another local vendor for same materials. Actually offered step-up to Oakridge Surestrip Shingles for the lower price. Team showed up a couple weeks later and finished the following afternoon. Very professional, careful to protect shrubs around the home, did detail clean-up of all trash and nails. Roof looks exceptional and comes with 10 year warranty. Added a peal and stick underlay system for under extra cost of $2K to provide water barrier. Still came in thousands under 5 other bids. This is the 2nd roof we've had done with Holloway, daughters home was done 2 years ago with same results. Highly recommended for anyone in our area. Great price, great service and professionalism.

Description of Work
Strip old roofing shingles and underlayment, replace with new shingles

05/24/2018

Scott W.

Very good company. Nothing ever goes perfect in construction, but Holloway Roofing was very responsive, and quickly dealt with any issues that arose. They were also very helpful in the decision making process. I would use them again.....for sure.

Description of Work
We replaced our roof. Re-shingled with new peal and stick underlayment.

05/08/2018

Wendy F.

Everything was great at the beginning. We waited for our call that we would be scheduled and then things started not going as planned. The got the roof off and found the chimney needed to be replaced, so we got an estimate on that and a chimney guy was scheduled. Then the roof work stopped. My complaint here was we were not communicated with about when the roofers would be back to restart. I had to call a couple of times about the chimney guy and roofer. When they finally finished they were supposed to clean up the yard, run the magnet for nails and that was done poorly. The first day they were gone we found nails in the driveway, nails and trash in the yard and roof debris in the yard. I also noticed our gutter seals had been cracked from their ladders. We ended up meeting with the projects manager twice and they came out to clean up and fix gutters 3 times (on one of the trips the broke one of the spouts of the gutter off). I am still cleaning up the yard but after three trips I didn’t want them back out. This is not just one persons fault their. Lake of communication was a big issue with many people. Also be ware that if you pay with a credit card you will have to pay their square fee, I was not made aware of this until I went to pay even though they said it was on the email with the bill, which it was not and I had to forward them the email to prove it. I will not recommend them or use them again.

Description of Work
Roof and chimney

Category roofing,chimney repair

05/02/2018

Mickey W.

Another roofer, Tri State, installed a cricket causing a major leak. Holloway repairmen tore out the old cricket and installed a new cricket, repaired the chimney flashing, and repaired the soffit. The team was friendly and even offered moral support when our dog was ill!

Description of Work
Roof repair

11/20/2017

Harold M.

A moisture barrier was put down and arrangements were made to complete the repair. A weather delay of one day could not be avoided. Excellent service and workmenship was provided!

Description of Work
Repair wind damage to part of our roof.

ARC Chimney Sweeps

Professional Chimney Sweep Services, Servicing a large portion of the beautiful Gulf Coast. We currently perform services from Panama City, FL to Bay St. Louis, MS. Providing the greatest in home customer service the chimney industry has ever seen was the reason why ARC Chimney Sweeps was founded. We not only have a grueling interview process and hire only the best candidates, but we believe that our technicians go above and beyond all expectations. We believe in the philosophy that it's easier to train a nice person to be good at chimney’s than a person that’s good at chimneys to be nice. We exude customer service, and it shows in our performance and ratings. Making you satisfied or happy isn't our only goal, having you excited about using us annually is! Customer satisfaction guarantee on all work. Our technicians have some of the best training in the area. Our quality of work will not be matched. We never cut corners and use only the best products when dealing with your chimney, furthermore, unlike most other companies we invite you to ask us questions. We want you to feel comfortable putting a fire inside your beautiful home. Having a fireplace is one of the most rewarding things about owning your own home, and having confidence in its safety is paramount.

Offers by ARC Chimney Sweeps on Angi
    Specialty Roofers Inc

Specialty Roofers, Inc., offers the most trusted residential roofing brands and products and stands behind them with comprehensive installation and repair services. We aim to provide the highest quality workmanship and customer service at a competitive and fair price. We only partner with the best manufacturers in the country to ensure our roofs can stand the test of time. Our commercial roofing experts serve local and regional customers throughout the southeast, offering expertise in recovery and replacement services, while also helping the customer determine which of these services fits their specific needs offers the best benefits, and protects your investment longer. We also recognize that a roof is a large investment, and would love to talk to you about our financing options! At Specialty Roofers, Inc., we employ a dedicated staff of trained professionals and certified technicians that are highly skilled in the commercial roofing industry. Our experienced and dedicated employees have built the company’s reputation by providing high-performance commercial roofing systems, superior workmanship, and exceptional customer service.

Offers by Specialty Roofers Inc on Angi
    Hightower Industries

At Hightower Industries, we are dedicated to providing the highest level of craftsmanship, customer service, and satisfaction on every job. Whether it's a new roof, full construction, remodel, Solar Panels, or a simple buildout we have you covered. Our amazing team will help with everything along the way so you don't have to. We offer in house financing as well as working with your insurance company. You can count on Hightower Industries' Integrity, all the time, every time.

Check, MasterCard, Visa