Abbey Carpet & Floor

Founded 1958 • With Angi since June 2007

13250 Tamiami Trl N

Naples, FL 34110

Naples Finest Flooring Showroom. Step into a world of flooring possibilities at Abbey Carpet & Floor. This world class showroom takes the experience of shopping for floor covering to a whole new level. Our 20,000 square foot showroom features products from over 200 flooring and window fashion suppliers. We offer everything from exotic hardwood, to natural stone, to a selection of over 5,000 area rugs from around the world. Let our expert staff guide you every step of the way and our professional installation team will pamper your home from start to finish. When choosing comfort, fashion and style for your home, please visit Abbey Carpet & Floor today. Our promise to you is to provide the best and largest selection in a friendly, comfortable and helpful atmosphere....

06/18/2018

Jeffrey S.

Very courteous and well trained crew. Quality was outstanding. Job was completed in what seemed a short amount of time.

Description of Work
Old flooring removed,new high value vinyl floor installed

Category flooring contractor, remodeling

03/28/2017

Kathryn N.

Terrible, started off with wrong install dates, and could not get a return call from our salesman. Then, our condo complex has limited hours, which they have a record of, and again they had to reschedule as they weren't there in time. Finally, we had a large home remodel, they decided to charge $4960 yesterday, without prior notice, on my card saying they tried to get ahold of me when they realized they didn't bill the 2nd half in Dec. I asked for a record (salesman said he tried emailing me, and I asked him to send me the emails I didn't receive, and he then apologized saying, 'I guess we didn't email you".) I then asked to speak to a manager, wondering why I wasn't notified, and they just charged my card without authorization, and his excuse was that they have been having trouble with the post office. My cell phone number was on the file, and all they had to do was call me, when they discovered the problem. That didn't happen either . Horrible communication!

Description of Work
Installed carpeting in Dec. 2016

02/27/2017

David S.

Carpet needed to be manufactured by the mill so the intended installation date got pushed off, but Abbey went above and beyond to make sure the job was done by the deadline we he had.

Description of Work
Purchased and installed 220 square yards of carpet.

09/28/2016

J T.

From the start, everything went very smoothly. We worked with Lisa Belknap who guided us through every step. The installers were punctual, professional, very-hard working and tidy. The installation took less time then anticipated. Jeff, the owner even came by twice. It was evident that the company values their customer's satisfaction. We would not hesitate to use their services again and can sincerely recommend them!

Description of Work
We had the existing carpeting in all 4 bedrooms removed and Coretec installed (manufactured faux wood product).

Category flooring contractor

08/08/2016

dennis C.

They did a very good job

Description of Work
installed hardwood flors

05/04/2016

Liane L.

Description of Work
Fine

04/13/2016

MARGE Z.

After having engineered wood flooring throughout our home, there was an issue in one spot with "buckling" after a few years. Upon contacting the store and talking to Dennis, he immediately came out and scheduled a repair (within the warrantee). It was the smoothest repair job done within days by Jorge, a terrific person who made sure everything was done to our satisfaction. We love the fact that this company stands behind its work and made this such a hassle free experience. As a result we will use Abbey in the future and recommend this company to others. Great company...great people!

Description of Work
Repaired a "buckling" of the engineered wood put in a few years ago.

Category flooring contractor

04/10/2015

Edward L.

Good price on the carpet/installation. The installers were outstanding: prompt, friendly, and most importantly excellent in their trade. Perfectly installed with a thorough cleanup at the end. Wie'll definitely be using Abbey again in the future.

Description of Work
Carpet sale/installation

03/07/2015

Daniel W.

Checked numerous vendors for price and available Karastan selection. They were among 3 that had our choice. They were lowest in price and offered a lifetime warranty on the installation of the carpet. Installation was within 10 days of measure. They moved all furniture, installed carpet, replaced furniture, all within 9 hours. We remain impressed with the job the installation crew did. So far we're good with everything in this transaction.

Description of Work
Carpet and pad living room, master closet,bedroom, dining room, home office area

02/17/2015

John M.

We were very happy. They did an outstanding job. The whole process (purchase and installation) was outstanding. They were available almost immediately. They were on time. They got everything done quickly and they were in and out.

Description of Work
I used Abbey Carpet for hardwood floor purchase and installation.

Category carpet installation, hardwood floor

05/10/2014

Brian J. L.

Project One; On Monday April 07, 2014 the Abbey Floor and Tile technicians arrived, as they set up their respective work stations I took a few moments to introduce myself & get to know these two gentlemen... In speaking to these gentlemen, I found out that they were a father and son team, worked very well together. The father, Abraham, the son, Demir, I would learn were, not only technicians, but artists of their own rite. Wasting no time they began the first project, kitchen back splash. As they were near completed with the west wall and planning ahead for the east wall, they noticed what they thought was an irregular original construction error!! They?re trained eyes had noticed that the east wall was out of square about an inch and one-half. Concerned, they asked me if they may make a suggestion for correction. I listened to what they had to recommend and thought about it for a bit.. We pooled our thoughts and came up with a plan that gave the room a bit more depth, without wasting materials. A short while later I was off to the warehouse to pick up a few pieces of trim tile.. Project Two; Upon my return from the warehouse, Demir had started the demo in the master bath. I was amazed as to the care and concern they had taken to insure that any dust from the demo would be of a minimal amount, as they carefully sealed off the bathroom, closets with a quality sheet film with a painters blue tape. On Tuesday, April 8, 2014, Abraham and Demir showed up on time and ready to lay the new master bathroom floor & shower floor. I must admit I did have some serious concerns, as my wife, had picked out a white 12x24 tile with a blue irregular trace pattern as to how this would look in a diagonal pattern. The work day was a long one, but I learned that Abraham and Demir were actually ?ARTISTS,? not just a tile technicians. I wish I was able upload some photo?s so ya?ll could see what a WOW Factor job looks like.. On Wednesday April 09, 2014, the Grouting took place, and ?yes? the ?WOW Factor? became even more evident. Project Three; Carpet ? Master Bedroom On Friday April 11, 2014 the carpet installers called and said they were running ahead of schedule and would it be possible to install the bedroom carpet. I agreed and within twenty minutes they were knocking on the door. As I watched in amazement, these two gentlemen had the furniture moved, old carpet up, out and stored on the truck. Moved in thirty one yards of padding, thirty one yards of carpet and had the furniture back in place,,,,,, and out of here in under two hours?. Oh did I forget to tell you, they to left here leaving another Abbey Carpet and Floor trademark, yes you guessed it, another WOW Factor job? To Gene, James McCann and the entire crew, Thank you kindly for your professionalism and ?Outstanding Customer Service.? Joyce and I are convinced Abbey Carpet & Floor is # 1.. ting

Description of Work
The selection process was the most difficult, however with the assistance of James McCann & company the finished projects (three 3) was much better than my wife and I perceived... With my wife on a business trip, the schedules were made and the demolition and assemble process began...

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, flooring contractor

03/28/2014

charles W.

They gave out incorrect info on discontinuance of carpet style and also gave it a bad rating. This carpet is still available and wears like iron. I would not return.

Category carpet installation

We were given an F on price. If this product was discontinued we could not have given a price or a rating, the only thing we would have is the date that it was disontinued I am sincerely sorry for this situation, but feel there is something missing here. We go out of our way to make every customer happy, there is no way we would have given a consumer bad information intentionally.

09/12/2013

Brian J. L.

The installation as it turned out went very smooth, no kidding!!! As it turned out I was called out on a business trip, my wife decided to go along.. So, again we discussed this recent event with the Abby Team and Flooring and Design Manager, James McCann. It was agreed that since I would be traveling for the next six to eight weeks, that we would give the Abby Team the keys to the house and they would schedule themselves in and out and use this as a fill-in job with the crew.. As my wife and I traveled, the Abby Crew sent of photo's of before and after as the project continued.. Well, let me tell you how well that worked out.. As I put it to some of our friends and neighbors, Abby Carpet and Floors really knows how to make a WOW Factor happen... ,

Description of Work
We picked out new tile for kitchen and baths.. Additionally we picked out a commercial grade Bamboo for the dining room, hallway and living room. Product was ordered and deposit was rendered. Discussed with Flooring & Design Manger, James McCann and the Abby Team regarding installation. As the carpet was relatively new and showed no sign of wear, a team member new of a non-profit children's home who could really use the total square foot amount... My wife and I agreed to donate that carpet to the children's home..The Abby Team agreed to take care of the removal, transportation, arrangements with the children's home and installation of the carpet.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

01/15/2013

Abby F.

There was an error with something that happened on their part. John absolutely took ownership of it, he made it right. We recommended him to another person. He actually went to her home to help her. He just couldn't be better! You just don't always expect to see such exceptional service. He just really is a professional.

Description of Work
John Gust helped us with some tile work that we needed to have done.

Category ceramic tile

12/07/2012

Kim M.

We replacing all flooring in our home, tile and carpet with hardwood and old tile with new tile as well as stairway carpet and mosaic medallion in our entranceway. The work was excellent, on time and Dan Dupuis, our sales representative was wonderful to work with from a distance via email. Extremely responsive. I would highly recommend this company.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

12/04/2012

Sally D.

Beautifully done. My first salesperson was not in when I went in to order the rug, and the other salespeople couldn't have been more helpful. The rug came in early, and they delivered it immediately.

Description of Work
Custom round rug for our entry hall.

10/26/2012

Wendy B.

The store salesman(Steve) was excellent. Knowledgeable and very helpful budget-conscious wise. He came out to my home to measure that very day and told me two and a half weeks or so. Great. I called the store early in the third week and was told they would have to call me back as they were working out the schedule that day and they would let me know when. I was left a message that stated the installers would arrive at 2 PM on Thursday. This was fine as I had other work going on in my home on Thursday morning. The installers arrived at 11 AM. This ruined the entire experience for me. I have scuff marks on my walls and threads at the base molding line that should have been trimmed. Am not particularly enthusiastic about the experience after the sale and my encouraging encounter with the salesman. I would be iffy about using this dealer again. Since I just had the rest of my home tiled, I feel compelled to say that with the cost of carpet today, tile is becoming a better alternative.

Description of Work
Had wall to wall installed in one room.

06/18/2012

Steven K.

Had to come back a couple of times for adjustment and removal of a bump due to a piece of cut padding. But they were prompt, courteous and efficient.

Description of Work
Sold and installed us carpet for 3 bedrooms.

05/23/2012

Mike P.

I would not use them again. They overestimated how much they would need. They ended up with one full carton they never even opened and they refused to take it back. It was very expensive flooring so we were not happy about that. If it was unopened and can be sent back and it was their error, they should have taken it back.

Description of Work
I used Abbey Carpet and Floor in February 2011. They did our hardwood floor.

Category hardwood floor

We are Abbey Carpet of Naples, Florida. Abbey is a nation wide franchise, this is someone else.

01/27/2012

Debra H.

Abbey Carpet CO installed hardwood floors in our master bedroom. My experience with the provider went very good. We bought the flooring through the showroom and they were very helpful with going through different options. The installation went great also.

Description of Work
Abbey Carpet CO installed hardwood floors in our master bedroom. My experience with the provider went very good . We bought the flooring through the showroom and they were very helpful with going through different options. The installation went great also.

Category hardwood floor

01/18/2012

LEE G.

We picked the carpet which was very expensive but we really like. Very prompt on measuring, installing etc. excellent

Description of Work
replaced carpet in master bedroom and closets.

12/22/2011

matt J.

Sales person was in easy to work with and informative on choice of carpets and pricing, Removal and Installation was professional. Will use again on future projects.

Description of Work
Purchased carpet. Removal and installation of carpet in bedroom, hallway and closet.

06/02/2011

Ed O.

The job took one day longer than planned, but two men worked very diligently over 4 days. They put in days that averaged between 11 and 12 hours per day. They were very diligent, hardworking, and thorough.

Description of Work
I hired Abbey Carpet & Floor for tile carpet removal and tile installation. After we picked out the tile, they designed and laid out tile through our whole condo, with the exception of the bedrooms and bathrooms. They had to dig up the old tile and get rid of the old rugs. They had to clean the floor out and prepare the floor. They then had to lay down the tile across an area that is approximately 14x40 feet, covering two rooms.

08/31/2010

Don V.

Overall, the project went smooth and was completed as promised.

Description of Work
We had our entire flooring replaced in our home in Fort Myers Beach - including Tile in some rooms and hardwood in others. The company took care of loose ends and even have sent photos to us - since we have been in Wisconsin for most of the time. Very pro-active people and friendly/cooperative to beyond any expectations. Satisfying experience - working with very professional people.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

06/18/2007

Rosemarie A.

I like that they were prompt in response time and punctual. He understood my taste and the interior design of my home. From the showroom to installation it took only three days. He was very tidy and ensured he didn't block our walking space. He was very professional, answered questions, neat and very attentive to our needs. I was very pleased with the outcome. Our room looked so much better.

Description of Work
I had purchased carpet through them and then had them install wall to wall carpet in our four bedroom, four bathroom home.