Ronco Generators

Founded 1973 • With Angi since August 2010

4.3

80 S Geronimo St # 4

Miramar Beach, FL 32550

Ronco was established in 1973 and has become a household name on the Gulf Coast. We are a full service Generac Generator Dealer providing: Sales, Installs, Maintenance, Service and Warranty Work. We have (5) Generac Certified Trained Technicians and (2) friendly reliable staff members managing the office. We are Certified Electrical Contractors per the State of Florida. Financing is available through Generac for generator purchases. Let us handle everything from permits, concrete pads, electrical and gas connections to start up and testing your generator....

02/07/2022

Sabrina N.

Was slightly cheaper than big name companies but awful on communication and still hasn't finished the job. Was even told that the front office will no longer talk to or email for being "rude" for asking them to finish what I hired them for.

Description of Work
Generator installed

09/07/2021

Michael T.

I've a Generac generator for a little over 2 years. Everything with the purchase and installation went fine. Their customer service since then has been terrible. I had an annual maintenance contract that somehow fell through the cracks and I got forgotten. After getting some error codes on my machine I realized it had not been serviced. Took multiple phones calls and many weeks to get that resolved. Also, I purchased a generator with a wifi connection so that I could see the status and make changes. The app worked fine until recently. I called about the app not connecting and they said there was a $75 annual fee to connect the app to the generator. That is ridiculous. First, I wasn't told about an annual fee during the purchase. Second, who charges that amount of money for that kind of convenience. That is robbery.

Description of Work
Whole House Generator - Poor Customer Service

05/28/2018

John N.

Excellent experience and communication. The entire process was smooth and hassle free. I self-contracted my previous generator install at another house and for a little bit more, had Ronco Generators install at my new house. The entire experience was great and superb communications (lots of contractors fail this part). Definitely recommend a whole house generator installed by Ronco Generators for the piece of mind while living along the Gulf Coast.

Description of Work
Install 22 KW Whole House Generator

11/20/2017

Andrew K.

Very well, very professional - the bid process was software-driven, so very fast quote on same day.

Description of Work
Whole house generator, 38,000 Watts

04/13/2017

sarah B.

Excellent customer service and attention to detail. Jonny and his team are prompt i responding to emails and phone calls. The generator install went very smoothly. The installers showed up on time for the install and made sure to communicate with me what they were doing. They made sure to seal the back of the transfer switch when mounting it on the exterior wall, which is appreciated. Gas line was on the opposite side of the house so from the electrical lines, so they sent the electrical lines through the attic to the opposite side of the house to connect to the generator. After electrical, gas was connected. The folks connecting the gas lines were also very prompt. Connected the gas line, made sure nothing was leaking. Startup was about a week and a half later after the inspections were completed. They went through the controls, setting up a time to run the generator weekly. Very skilled at what they do!

Description of Work
Whole house generator

11/12/2016

Keith J.

Failed to replace battery during 6 month maintenance. Expected life was 2 months beyond. When we had a power outage generator couldn't start due to dead battery. Just lucky it was a minor outage and not a 3 day hurricane outage

Description of Work
Annual maintenance contract

09/09/2016

Ellen M.

We had received a postcard in the mail from Ronco saying that they had installed a generator in our neighborhood. My husband and I had been discussing getting a generator installed in our home for some time. I called Ronco and the administrative person was quite helpful and professional and she set up an appointment with Johnny Miller to come to our home and discuss all aspects of the generator. After speaking with him and and getting all the details, we decided to go ahead and purchase one. About two weeks later, the team came and installed our new generator. We had a few things that needed to be tweaked; we found out that our A/C unit did not have a delay, so we needed to take care of that with our A/C people. Not only did Johnny help us, but he called them to explain what was going on and made a point to be here with the A/C technician and my husband to make sure it was taken care of properly!! When I called Frank, one of the field operators, he explained everything and was very reassuring! My husband and I cannot say enough what a WONDERFUL, PROFESSIONAL, AND CARING company this is and that their employees are superior!!! Two, extremely satisfied customers, Mark and Ellen Mello

Description of Work
We purchased a generator from Ronco.

Category generator service

Thank you for your kind review. Ronco Generators strives to provide an exceptional experience start to finish. We appreciate your business and look forward to working with you for many years to provide generator maintenance to keep your unit running smoothly. Sincerely, Ronco Generators Providing Power To The People

04/15/2016

Robert W.

Ronco generator is the best company around to buy and install generators! Quality, quick, and always in communication throughout the whole project. Installation was done in a timely manner and looks great on the side of my house. Thank you Jonny and your team for such an easy process.

Description of Work
Generator, and installation.

04/15/2016

Chris R.

Jonny himself came out after a single call to assist with a problem at my home. He was there on time and did the job efficiently and gave direction and knowledge thorughout, education me the whole way! My neighbors depend on him for maintenance and installations of their generators as well and have nothing but great things to say about him, his company and his team. Thanks for a great job and great service provided to our area and community!

Description of Work
Analyzed issue at the home for electrical options for generator and other findings.

02/14/2014

Angela G.

Called Jean at Ronco on Thursday. Told her my problem and she set me up with an appointment for the following Monday. She called back later in the afternoon and said they had availability on Friday and we rescheduled. Stephen showed up on time for the appointment Friday morning at 8:00 am. We told him we were having trouble with a new freezer that was tripping our GFI outlet in the garage. He recommended adding another outlet. He was quick and efficient. The job was was complete by 9:30. Total cost was less than his original quote. We were very pleased with their prompt response to our service call request, their call to move up the appointment if we desired and their punctuality. The electrician was courteous and efficient.

Description of Work
Installed a new outlet in our garage.

Category electrician

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our company. We all do our best every day to give you the best service possible. We are consistently sending our service representatives to training's so we can continually improve the services we provide to you and all of our customers.

09/30/2013

Peter B.

Replace one hinge instead of 2. Other than that, went ok.

Description of Work
Instal a new plastic hinge on generator housing and 2 hatch door shocks

Category electrician

Dear [member name removed], Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I wish that we could charge less for our service but we needed to change the gas springs at the same time as we did the hinges and we don't use after market parts. We ordered to parts from Generac and replaced them at the lowest cost possible to you. We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future.

07/10/2013

Sandy S.

First, I was scared. I take care of my 88 year old mother and in the last couple years I have lost both my husband and my father. We always had Bay generator take care of ours but then Bill - owner of Bay - retired and referred us to Peaden. Well when I called Peaden for the annual checkup and to inform them the generator was not conducting the weekly self check they told me they were not in the generator business any more. I panicked but I called Ronco. One of the best calls I have ever made - Frank came out went through everything and made me feel secure once again. I would so recommend these folks!!!

Description of Work
Installed new battery, changed oil and completed all maintenance services, cleaned the generator and made sure everything was working properly.

Category electrician,generator service

Thank you (deleted member name) for your kind review. As the office manager for Ronco Electric, LLC, I would like to apologize for your frustration in my not getting your name and email correct. We are constantly working to improve our communications with our valued clients. Having accurate information is important so that we may communicate effectively. At times, cell phone reception is poor from your calling area and use of speaker phone further limits my ability to get clear reception. Thank you taking the time to review Ronco Electric, LLC. We value all of our employees and strive to provide them with excellent training. I will most certainly pass this compliment on to our team.

06/11/2013

Cynthia R.

Abosolutly nothing. I am glad my house was not depending on this guy for electricity

Description of Work
Could not be bothered to return a call. We were recommended this company by a friend so we gave him a second chance to call us back. So not one but two call were totally ignored. Business must be good and no need to grow!

Category electrician

I have no record of call(s) from (deleted member name). Ronco Electric takes great pride in the service that we provide our customers. To further investigate this issue, I would need the number that (deleted member name) was calling from, the time and date.

10/30/2012

Mary Kate M.

Had a problem and it was efficiently corrected.

Description of Work
Diagnosed problem of lights dimming. Corrected problem by updating grounding system.

07/12/2012

Kevin C.

Very easy company to work with. Ronco handled my short notice request for inspection to help me out with my contractual commitments on a pending home sale. The inspection was well worth it. While the generator was working, Ronco identified approximately $5000 in necessary repairs that I would incurred had I purchased the home. As a result, I was in a much better position to negotiate a fair price. And, most importantly, I'll have a generator I can count on if he power fails. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Generator inspection.

GULF COAST ELECTRIC

We are a full service electrical contracting company doing small to large jobs both residential and commercial. We specialize in electrical service work. We have 25 top notched employees to assist you in your needs. We operate out of fully stocked dispatched service vans. Our management staff has over 100 years of electrical experience. We are fully licensed and insured. We have won the AngiesList Super Service Award every year from 2013 to date because of our high level of customer service and excellent pricing. We were awarded the Northwest Florida Better Business Bureau TORCH AWARD which was created to publicly recognize businesses that insist on exceptionally high standards of ethics in dealing with customers. We have been awarded "Finest On The Emerald Coast" by area customers every year for 2012 to 2021, and voted as "Best in Destin" in providing electrical service. We are a BBB accredited business, and earned the BBB Torch Award for Business Ethics. We offer 24 hour emergency service 365 days a year, and when you call our office at anytime you speak to a real person. We appreciate the opportunity to earn your business. Thank You!

Colson's Electrical Services

We can handle all if your electrical needs. no job to small. We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out our services offered and call or click to schedule a free estimate today.

Tradesmen Electrical Services

Tradesmen Electrical Services is a new local small business out of Panama City Fl. My name is J.R., I am the owner of the company. For the last 5 years I managed one of the biggest Electrical companies in Panama City and have decided to venture out on my own as a business owner. We specialize in residential work. We are licensed and insured and State certified. I am a Master Electrician and will handle every aspect of your Electrical needs from start to finish. Safety and quality are our biggest priorities. Give us a call (850)771-8499.

EC13004497
    Florida
    Florida: General
    08/31/2022
    Visa, MasterCard, Discover, Check, Financing

Sell, Install, Maintain, Repair, & Warrant Generac Generators.

Non Generator Electrical Work