CE Chandler AC & Heating

Founded 1994 • With Angi since June 2008

5951 Colter Rd

Milton, FL 32583

Welcome to C E CHANDLER AC & HEATING INC, with over 40 years' experience in the HVAC Industry and 20 years in Business serving Santa Rosa and Escambia County, Florida, we meet our customers' needs with Quality Service at an affordable price. Free estimates on installations and we offer a 10% discount for first time service call if you let us know you found us on Angie's List. LICENSE: #CAC1813302....

02/15/2021

Evelyn O.

They never responded with an quote.

Description of Work
HVAC change out

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

I apologize that we did not get back to you. I looked back through my emails and did not see a notification email that is usually sent via Angie's List letting us know of a new contact for the date of 1/1/21 so I was unaware of your request. I hope you found good service with another company.

11/01/2018

JOSEPH L.

Check performed as planned. Service tech called 20 minutes prior to arrival.

Description of Work
Maintenance check of heat pump and air handler unit.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for the review and for calling us for your service call. If we can be of any further assistance in the future we hope you will call us.

04/19/2018

Paula S.

CE Chandler took the time to review our entire air and heating systems including the ductwork and air returns. With the recommendations they made our heat pumps are more efficient. They also improved air and heat movement throughout our home.

Description of Work
Two heat pumps and air ducts rework

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Dear Ms. [Member Name Removed], Thanks you for your kind words. We are glad you are happy with your new system. Best Wishes, C.E. Chandler AC & Heating

04/03/2018

James B.

I called H and W out of Ft Walton and got no answer. I called CE Chandler and had a tech come out and look at what I needed. This is day 20 with no quote, Priority 1 HVAC responded within 21 hours and got the, $6700 job!

Description of Work
Hvac replace

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

We apologize for not providing with you a quote in a timely manner, we will look into why you did not receive your quote. Thank you and enjoy your new system.

03/03/2018

Grant R.

Coordinated with my tenant directly to pick an install time. Came on time and finished the job quickly!

Description of Work
A/C Replacement

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate your kind words and hope that if you have any future needs you will consider contacting us again.

01/08/2018

Rocco P.

Called into office at CE Chandler AC &Heating on 1/3/17 about 9am They received call and dispatched HVAC tech who arrived about 3pm He checked out system and while he did the work on the problem of the service call he checked out system and did all the other maintenance needed on units. The HVAC Technician was Professional and knowledgeable well mannered and explained exactly what needed to be done. CE Chandler is a highly professional contractor who I would recommend to anyone needing HVAC work.

Description of Work
On Heating and Cooling system Blower was making noise. Fan not running in Condenser unit HVAC Tech replaced condenser capacitor and added freon On air handler replaced capacitor and rewired motor to correct RPM Cleaned blower and tighten motor bolts checked system out

10/24/2017

James D.

We went with a 4 Ton 14 SER unit and the rip out of he old unit, the installation of new ductwork in the attic and vents, the sealing of vents and the installation, testing and cleanup were outstanding. So far we are very happy.... of course all will come to light next summer ...

Description of Work
The original AC / Heat pump was at or past its lifetime expectancy and since we purchased the home in 2015 it needed service. Home warranty service did the minimum to keep it running ... new Freon and then a new A frame coil. It was a bandaid. While we were RVING for 2 months, the unit proved to be uneconomical. Happy Chandler came by, looked at the old unit , the size of the home, measured windows and doors and gave us several estimates. Also, one of his assistants, Russel inspected the duct work in the attic and around the home, and we needed at least three more vents.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed] for allowing us the opportunity to do the installation for you. We are always glad to hear that a customer is satisfied with the equipment and our service. As you know, please call us if you need anything. Sincerely, C.E. Chandler AC & Heating, Inc.

08/24/2017

Donna S.

Good, in the future I will call them again if I need them.

Description of Work
Had an A/C problem, I called today and they came out today. Very quick. Repaired my problem.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your review, we are glad that we were able to help you so quickly and we would appreciate any future service you may require!

07/31/2017

James M.

Couldn't have gone better. I know giving a review all "A's" might seem a bit over the top, but I just couldn't fault anything. I called Monday morning, the 25th. John, the technician, called me around 10:30, said he'd be there in about 45 minutes. I used Chandler once before, and it was the same story- they got there the day I needed them. John did whatever magic he needed, and in just over an hour, he came out to show me a burned out transformer. He even let me smell it, and it was obvious it had burned out. He had one in the truck (for a 28 year old system!), replaced it, and in less than a half hour my system was running. He was very personable, made sure I knew what was being done, and when he handed me the invoice for $124.65, I was definitely a happy camper. If you need HVAC work done, don't hesitate- call C.E. Chandler.

Description of Work
My HVAC system wasn't coming on. Since it's an older one, I expected full replacement to be necessary.

05/17/2017

Felixberto L.

He check both thermostats and brought the temperature down to start both units. He check both evaporative coils, spray some cleaner and recommended a UV light for one of them due to mold. I requested him to email me an estimate for the UV light and have not received as of today 5-17-2017 (service date 4-12-2017). I have installed them myself rather than wait. He visually checked both outside condenser/compressor unit and recommended painting one of the rusting parts of the piping system. He had red paint available. I offered my own which was black which I preferred rather than red. Total cost $192.00 after 10% discount for Angie's list membership. Without Angies list it would have been $210.00

Description of Work
Maintenance of two Carrier HVAC for residential dwelling

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize that we were not able to get the estimate to you as requested and hope that the light will eliminate the issue for you. We are currently in the process of switching over to a hand-held pricing system which will assist our technicians in providing on the spot estimates. Again, thank you for taking the time to make a review. Sincerely, C.E. Chandler AC & Heating

05/17/2017

Felixberto L.

Smoothly. No detectable problem. Charge was double because we had 2 units.

Description of Work
Routine checkup 2 HVAC units

05/12/2017

MELANIE R.

Recently we started to have problems with our central air conditioner. We called numerous companies. Out of all of them was above and beyond THE BEST COMPANY! Happy Chandler found a leak and fixed it saving us THOUSANDS of dollars. All of the other companies wanted to sell us a new central air unit for thousands of dollars. This company is amazing!

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Dear Ms. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your kind words, we were glad that we were able to assist you with your repair. Sincerely, C.E. Chandler AC & Heating

10/18/2016

Rick H.

They came out the same afternoon and troubleshot the unit. To my surprise it was repairable and they had it cooling again the next morning after retrieving parts required. Mr. Chandler and his other technician were both very friendly and professional. They also provided me with an estimate for a new unit in case it requires replacement while I am out of the country as the unit is over 20 years old.

Description of Work
My a/c was not cooling, the fan was running inside, but the outside unit was not.

10/14/2016

Nancy H.

Mr. Chandler had installed our A/C unit 6 years ago, it began to leak so we called Chandler. he came out immediately. It took some investigation to find the lead, he ended up pulling the whole unit out, replacing the pan, and reinstalling it. Mr. Chandler did not charge me a dime. He stands behind his product 100%, great to do business with. A+.

Description of Work
Lead in A C system

09/02/2016

Todd H.

They did a good job, not complaints. I hired them for a second job and was pleased with that as well.

Description of Work
HVAC not working

05/24/2016

Mary Ann W.

It went fine. He was there got it repaired and everything works well.

Description of Work
Worked on my air conditioning unit.

Category air duct cleaning

11/04/2015

Teresa J.

Fine. They came out two or three days after the purchase. They never gave me an estimate so I called someone else. No work was done by them. I would recommend that they need to get back to there customers if they say they are going to do something.

Description of Work
They looked at my air conditioner and told me that it was in really bad shape and I needed to replace.

10/07/2015

Kerri M.

I had just purchased my home about a week ago and hired this company, CE Chandler to do a 20 point inspection on my A/C unit. The technician came out and took a look at my A/C and took some pictures to show me and stated that he could not perform the 20 Point inspection that I had requested because my A/C system was too dirty. He showed me the pictures and he charged me for a service call of $65.00, which upset me because I did not call him for a problem and estimates for possible issues are usually free. I paid the technician but was unhappy that I had to pay a service call. I called another A/C company for a second opinion and he confirmed that my A/C needed some cleaning but was not horrible. He did not charge me a service call and gave me an estimate for the A/C cleaning it needed. I then contacted the office of CE Chandler and explained that I was unhappy with the $65.00 that I was charged and the technician did not do anything while he was here. I received an email from them stating that they were going to destroy my check, which made me happy and because of that, I will consider them for service again in the future. All in all, it was a pleasant experience!

Description of Work
I hired them to do their 20 point A/C Inspection but it could not be performed due to my A/C system needing to be cleaned first.

10/05/2015

MELISSA O.

I called to get them to come do a 20 point check on my ac because it just wasn't cooling like it should. The young man came and was very nice and made out a recommendation to submit and said they would call. I called them back 3 different times over the next 2 weeks to get the work done and NOTHING! They never called me back or anything!! Went with another company who was VERY quick to respond!

Description of Work
20 point check and never came back to do the recommendation work

09/28/2015

Charles S.

We experienced loss of cooling and called three providers. "Happy" Chandler himself responded first and made the service call. He determined the coil in air exchanger was leaking and recommended total system replacement. He also provided a range of system options based on my parameters and had written estimates to me that evening by e-mail. I received two other inspections / estimates and C. E. Chandler was the best. We were having company the coming weekend and Chandler met our schedule as well as making an additional service call to plus up the charge to keep us cool during the interim. Communications were excellent. The crew arrived as scheduled and very professionally completed the installation. We are totally pleased.

Description of Work
Troubleshot leak, provided interim service to keep unit cooling, replaced entire system.

07/24/2015

Deborah T.

I called for repair and within 30 minutes was told that a tech would be at my house in 2 and 1/2 hours. The tech showed up on time and within an hour my AC was repaired. Great service and professionalism.

Description of Work
Replace capacitor in AC unit.

05/05/2015

Frances L.

Still waiting on the estimate, he came last Thursday did nothing but tell war stories. this is Tuesday. Not very professional.

Description of Work
Came out for an estimate of job.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

4/29/15 Received request for an estimate. 4/30/2015 Mr. Chandler went to your house at 1630 hrs as scheduled. 5/1/2015 E-mailed quote at 11:01 AM to www.eliut.lopez@cox.net. No non-delivery msg was returned through e-mail. Quote was broken down due to cust. wanting to do part of duct work. Did manual energy load to confirm size of unit needed. This was not a simple quote due to replacing duct & add'l load of sun roon. We did try to contact you this AM & left a voice mail on 850-206-7773.

03/01/2015

Robert P.

Mr. Chandler provided excellent service and response. He told me how to get one unit started that was completely inop on the phone, w/o charge. He evaluated our 2 systems and told us what was needed. He honestly evaluated the systems telling us what the weaknesses were and what to expect as they aged. He serviced one unit that was low on Freon, alerting us there may be an issue on the inside unit. He found a temperature limiting switch on the auxiliary heat that was also malfunctioning. I rated excellent, but he did not have his leak detector available, it was out being calibrated. I will have him back after the temperature warms up to check the Freon on the unit that was low and look for leaks if there are any. Will use again!

Description of Work
Serviced and inspected 2 HVAC system that are 10 years old. One system was not heating well.

02/03/2015

Charles B.

The appointment was made and the tech arrived at the appointed time. He was polite and professional. He ran all the test and corrected a problem with some loose bolts. He checked the unites inside and out. It took about an hour. He did not try to sell additional service.

Description of Work
Cleaned and checked operation of heater and air conditioner. Inspected ducts in attic.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, air duct cleaning

12/24/2014

richard P.

Very well and was very pleased

Description of Work
They did a 20 point inspection