Vila Builders Inc.

Founded 1996 • With Angi since October 2011

2900 SW 121 Ave.

Miami, FL 33175

Your roof is one of the most vital structures of your home because it provides protection for you and your family against the rain, heat, cold, and other elements. When there is a problem with your roof, you need the prompt and professional service of a reputable Miami roofing company. For over

01/08/2020

Nicolas P.

Despite their photographs on Angie's List, the company representative claims they do not work on gable/slanted roofs.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

I don't understand your comment. Most of the work I do is on pitched residential roofs. The gable does not affect the roof. Please let me know, if I can be of assistance.

08/21/2019

Jose P.

It was a very smooth and quick project. John walked us through the entire process and his recommendations were great! His onsite supervisor was excellent! The crew worked non-stop and made great progress everyday. The finished product is excellent! John followed up with me after every inspection to let me know that we passed and what the next phase of the project would be and made sure everything was done to our satisfaction. It is great to find a passionate, respectful, experienced contractor who takes the time to personally make sure his customers are happy with the work being done.

Description of Work
Replaced roofing of house

07/22/2019

Miguel S.

They did an outstanding job. Very professional and courteous. The roof was done on time even with all the rain. Mr. Vila was in contact at all times, always answered my calls and text. Never had any issue with him, his company or any of the workers. Thanks Mr. Vila for a perfect experience.

Description of Work
New Metal Roof

11/07/2017

kc N.

Great. No complaints. Besides the A grades in the listed categories, we appreciated Mr. Vila's candidness and cordiality, and the cordiality of his on site crews.

Description of Work
Replacement of an old tile roof with a new metal roof.

08/14/2017

Ruben T.

bad since they did not respond

Description of Work
Never send quote and/or call

Good Morning, You contacted Vila Builders through the Angie's List message center. I responded using the same system that I would not be bidding your job due to the high leak repair work load. Please see our communications below: ------ You: Got a leak in the garage and we'd like to have a quotation please call me to make an appointment - my cel is [Member Information Removed] ------ Me: Good Morning Mr. [Member Name Removed], My leak repair crew is backed up for several leaks. I will not be able to bid your job. Thank you, John Vila 305-992-7999 ------ Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thank you, John Vila 305-992-7999

06/27/2017

Iraida L.

Initial meeting for estimate went very well Mr. Vila explained step by step from materials, manufacturer, warranty, permitting, labor and timeframe, financing options and answered all my questions. Estimate was within reason compared to others. Decided to proceed with Vila Builders for new roof replacement, was extremely pleased with the turn around time, quality, punctuality and professionalism of crew. I would most definitely recommend Vila Builders to anyone looking for honest, reliable, quality roof work. It was totally a complete and easy process without any issues or stress. Ilopez

Description of Work
Replacement for New Roof

01/17/2017

Jason F.

When they came to give us the estimate, they were respectful and explained everything very well. The project took about 15 days because we had to deal with rain. The took care of every detail and our roof tile looks great. Recommended roofing contractor.

Description of Work
Attentive personal and high quality work. One of the things we were looking for when we started receiving estimates for the roof was that the company worked fast and good, neighbors recommended this company and we decided to try them on. They are fast and clean, so you wont' have a problem with messy worksite like I have seen around in other homes. They are a little bit price but it's worthy.

11/15/2016

Phyllis H.

Still pending

Description of Work
Just went through inspection

08/18/2016

lourdes B.

Description of Work
John was excellent, he delivered as promised. They worked in a very professional, courteous and efficient manner. Couldn't be happier and satisfied with the roof, it looks beautiful. Would highly recommend him.

07/10/2016

H Lawrence B.

John oversaw the project from start to finish and was always responsive to queries. Unlike the two other contractors who gave us estimates, John was able to finance it, which really helped. When the weather permitted, his crew was ready to go and got the roof mostly done in two days. The only glitch was that the inspector required the AC unit to be lowered, which meant we had to get an AC guy to do that. In any case, the job was well done and we are happy with the results.

Description of Work
Replaced the flat roof and gutters on our townhouse.

06/23/2016

Kevin H.

I contacted the company for a roofing inspection. They immediately tried to upsell me a new roof which i know it is not required at this moment. They claim is that the roof is 18 years old and therefore needs changing. However this is not necessarily true as not 2 scenarios are the same. The company declined offering services unless i changed the roof period without a prior inspection etc. This is after exchanging several communications. I think the way the problem was approach was not good. Even if they come back and decide to do the inspection as requested I feel they will most likely say the roof is in bad shape just so they can get a $30,000 work completed. My 2 cents not saying they are bad performing work, or saying they are expensive but I just don't a new roof just the inspection.

Description of Work
Roofing inspection

Hello [Member Name Removed], Our communications were professional, positive and cordial, see below in reverse chronological order (first communication is on the bottom). I expressed my concerns about issuing a roof certification on my first email. A roof certification is a signed statement stating the roof age, remaining useful life and permit history. The information you gave me on the roof being from 1998 (18 years old) and having no permit history made it impossible for me to issue a certification. As a state licensed professional, I have to be honest and ethical with you and your insurance company. I did not quote your roof and do not know anything about the $30,000 quote. John Vila Vila Builders, Inc. 305-992-7999 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jun 22, 4:57pm You replied: Hello [Member Name Removed], The roof is 18 years old, depending on the system used it may be at the end of the life expectancy. I would not be able to write a roof certification without re-roofing (full replacement). I do offer financing when you are ready. Best Regards, John Vila Vila Builders Inc 305-992-7999 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jun 22, 4:35pm [Member Name Removed] wrote: Hi john. Roof is from 1998. I assume it's required since the house was foreclosure. The wind mitigation said it was in decent shape. I'm not looking to do a roof at this moment -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jun 20, 6:17pm You replied: Hello [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your question. Florida insurance companies sometimes ask for a roofing certification to determine the remaining life expectancy of the roof. Before they ask for the certification they look at the permit history of the home and/or by a field inspection. In other words, most of the time they know the roof is bad. A licensed roofing contractor would be hesitant to issue a roofing certification for a roof that is beyond its life expectancy or in bad condition. If your roof is older or in need of repair, would you consider re-roofing? I would be happy to give a free quote. Best Regards, John Vila 305-992-7999 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jun 20, 3:15pm [Member Name Removed] wrote: What is the cost of a roofing certificate by a licensed roofer. It's an request from my insurance company.

06/15/2016

Susan D.

John Villa is head and shoulders above any roofers I used in the past. He answered our many questions about materials, procedures, the contract, warranty and remained available throughout the job. He was concerned about any disruption to us and our pets. His workmen were considerate and polite and cleaned the yard of debris every day--no flat tires. Once we selected materials, he went on line for a few minutes to secure a low interest loan for us to help with the cost. No payment was accepted by him until after the permit was closed. So you know the work will be completed correctly and timely and you won't get stuck with extra cost later to close an open permit. Our roof has a lifetime warranty from the materials manufacturer to withstand winds up tp 209 mph-that's more than a category 4 hurricane. Since John is certified with GAF, the warranty covers labor as well as materials. Yes, it still sounded like we had elephants dancing on the roof, but that is much better than listening to a hurricane wondering if the roof will stay on. Now that the roof is finished, John is helping me find a certified inspector to secure a premium discount with the insurance company. I have had the misfortune of having to take any roofer available after Andrew and Wilma. Believe me, working with John Vila was a real pleasure! If we are fortunate enough not to have any hurricanes here for many years, just the peace of mind afforded is well worth it.

Description of Work
Removed old roof materials, replaced all rotten wood, installed new shingles with secondary water barrier, replaced flat roof in Florida room adding 2 extra layers of wood, obtained permit and inspections, provided large dumpster, removed all debris from premises, cleared premise daily of all debris, provided protective covering for koi pond, basically everything needed to install new roof.

04/18/2016

James D.

John Vila is a true professional and will truly win over your business once you can see the good old work ethic that many contractors lack in the Miami area. John was on time and prepared when he visited my home for a quote. John provided us with options to replace my roof that are affordable and accessible. John offered us a financing option through his company and Wells Fargo Bank. I agreed with John that the work had to be done eventually but while I made up my mind I asked him to please complete some HOA forms on my behalf. John is fully licensed and insured - later the next day John forwarded the docs to me in a nicely executed proposal attached with all the credentials the HOA requested. Shortly after the association emailed me to please send them a sample of the tile. I simply sent the message to John without even reading it and before the hour he went to the HOA office to drop off the sample. After everything John did I knew he was the professional I would work with. At this time I did not replace my roof; however John did repair the leaks. John stands by his work 100% and did not charge me a dime until the roof was tested by spaying water with a hose and waiting for rain to come. It's difficult to find individuals like John in general- John my not be the cheapest but he is the best quality- remember you always get what you pay for.

Description of Work
Repair leak

04/03/2016

ALLISON M.

In need of a roof replacement, I contacted 3 roofing contractors for estimates, 2 of which were prompt in responding to my calls. John Vila arranged for a free estimate around my schedule and was very patient and informative with the questions I had concerning a tile roof versus metal. After John explained the advantages of both, and quoting a very competitive price, I decided to hire Vila Builders and go with the metal roof. I have not regretted either decision. From the very beginning, John Vila was very responsive to my questions and concerns, and was always punctual and professional in our meetings. From contract to finish, the job took a little over 2 weeks, and another few days to arrange for gutters to be installed as well. I was very pleased with the entire process and would highly recommend the services of Vila Builders for any roofing concerns. I would rate John Vila and Vila Builders a solid 10 out of 10!

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Thank you so much for the positive review. It was a pleasure working with you.

02/13/2016

Kay A.

1. From the time that we began talking to him in regards to replacing our roof to the time of completion and after. he has been very helpful in his guidance as to what was best for us 2. He took us through the entire process of what would be involved. He told us what was required of us, showed us both pictures and samples of materials etc, and gave us some guidance as regards to colors that are currently trending. He also told us what was required of him and what would be delvered at the end. 3. He assisted in arranging finance for the project hassle free. 4. His workers were polite professional and was always ready to answer questions or explain. If they felt that more information was needed either they called someone and had them speak to us or they came to the site. 5. He completed the job within the time frame even though we had quite a number of days when rain poured. 7. I was extremely satisfied with the service that he provided and the way the project was executed. I was informed every step of the way what was going to be done next. 8. They did a thorough cleaning of the site during and after the project. No debris or unused bits and pieces were left behind. 9. I would certainly recommend his company to anyone who is seeking a roofing company. N.B. Since the project was completed in December, two of my neighbors have asked for Vila's contact information because they are interested.

Description of Work
Replaced the roof and gutters on my house

Thank you so much for the positive review. It was a pleasure working with you. Please don't hesitate to ask if I can be of further assistance.

01/14/2016

Lingshan X.

John is very nice and always responsive by answering the phone. Although my roof was exactly 25 years old in 2015 and I had the plan to replace my entire roof around January this year, it worked fine without any leaking until Dec 5th when half a day unstoppable heavy rain made my garage roof leaking on a few spots. I had to deal with it immediately and scheduled assessments with a few roofers. The first one came, only checked the roof in vision yet any measurement, and joked about using Google Map for advanced measures. They only mentioned about repairs but always avoid answering my request of rate for replacing the whole roof. His estimate is very expensive, and required to pay half at the beginning of the project; the second roofer is professional and honest. He carefully measured my garage roof inside out, provided me an estimate for repair, and told me their price for replacing would be expensive due to the fact that their services and resources are Broward based. He kindly suggested local roofers for better price, and all the payment is required when project is done. If I would have decided to do repair only, I would choose this company. Then John showed up, measured as well, and directly suggested us to only do replacement. Same as the second roofer, he only requires to pay the full amount when the project is finished, and he could also assist customer get home project loan from Wells Fargo. We compared the attitude, price, suggestion and plan that they provided, and we decided to go with John. The project actually started on Wednesday, Dec 30th, due to delay by HOA and county permit approval in holiday weeks. It took a day and half to finish intermediate level and got approved by county inspector. Friday is New Year so they took a reasonable day off. But they came back and work on Saturday, really taking the customer as top priority. Unfortunately the coming week from Monday through Wednesday we were bothered by rains so the project was on and off. But during that time, John helped s and referenced a few reliable contractors for my plumbing issues. Finally after a few re-schedule, the inspector came on Thursday and gave the final approval. I have a brand-new and beautiful roof, and sincere appreciation goes to John! Thanks, Hill Xiong

Description of Work
Replaced the entire roof on my 2-story roughly 2,000 sqft house, including dimensional shingles on roof of second floor and garage, and flat roof on patio.

Thank you for the review. I enjoyed meeting with you for the project updates.

10/06/2015

Kenneth B.

09/23/2015

Michael H.

It was a deal for a roof inspection. It went okay but in the end it was just an estimate for a new roof.

Description of Work
I had a roof inspection done.

07/16/2015

M David M.

The crew were professional and the contractor was always responsive and communicative. They needed to coordinate w/ screen enclosure people and that went well.

Description of Work
They installed an entire galvanized steel roof.

Thank you. It was a pleasure working with you and [Member Name Removed].

06/22/2014

Linda W.

The job performance went well. The workers were on time. Materials were delivered promptly. The owner was available to answer all my questions. The owner was patient and good with returning phone calls. Information was clearly informed before services rendered.

Description of Work
New roof construction

Thank you. I appreciate the business. I feel communications are essential for customer satisfaction. I appreciate you giving me the opportunity to respond to your questions.

06/13/2014

Lourdes R.

The work by Vila Builders was very well done. Mr. Vila is a very nice and professional individual. His workers are very good, they know their work. Overall a good experiance.

Description of Work
Repaired leaky roof

Thank you for the recognition. We strive for excellent customer satisfaction. We look forward to being of service in the future.

06/11/2014

Tonya V.

A large dumpster was delivered. Then a crew stripped the roof, replaced rotten wood, and water proofed the roof. All inspections passed with no problem. Metal roof is wonderful.

Description of Work
A metal roof was installed.

Category contractors, roofing

Thank you. The metal roof was a great choice. We were happy to respond quickly to waterproof the roof.

06/06/2014

Ruben R.

Vila Builders did an excellent job. My neighbors have commented on how good my roof looks. They kept me informed from beginning to end. The workmanship was superior. They used quality materials made in the USA. I used their financing program.

Description of Work
Replaced my roof

We are happy the financing program was of assistance to you. This is something we offer all our customers. Thank you.

10/23/2013

Christopher F.

Called to ask for estimate got voicemail. Received a callback about 2 hours later and set up an appointment to get an etimate for my roof for the following week. Due at 10am never arrived never called me. Called him at 1130 and he said he would come by between 330 and 430 pm. Didnt show up again and again didnt have the courtesy to call saying he couldnt make it. This is extremely unprofessional and absolutely disrespectful of someone elses time. I will never call this company again, and will never refer them to anyone I know.

Description of Work
Never showed up after 2 calls for estimate. Never called to say he wouldnt be able to make it.

The morning of the estimate it was raining. For safety reasons we do not work or do estimates in the rain. I called you to reschedule our morning appointment. You said you were not available until later in the day and I asked you to call me when we could meet. We did not have an afternoon appointment. You called after we were closed for the day. I have evening and weekend appointments, but they need to be scheduled ahead of time. [Member name removed], I apologize for any inconvenience I caused you.