J & B Home & Business Improvement Services Inc

Founded 2008 • With Angi since January 2011

911 N E 199th St Ste 101

Miami, FL 33179

Handyman Specialist. Award winning. jim@jbhandymanspecialist.com...

06/25/2022

Roxana C.

From my first initial call to Jim, he was very responsive, courteous, professional and accommodating. As soon as I explained the issues I was having with my AC wall unit, he quickly started problem solving and came up with ideas for possible solutions. Jim decided it would be best to reinstall my AC wall unit which originally had not been properly installed by another handyman and this was causing a leak onto my neighbor’s ceiling. He also made a very nice wooden frame to put around the AC which gave it a more polished look. I am very happy with the results. He also did a great job in repairing my neighbor’s ceiling due to the leak from my AC. No task seems impossible for Jim. He is a true problem solver going far and beyond to get the job done.

Description of Work
Proper installation of AC wall unit and ceiling repair from a leak

05/25/2021

Raymond H.

Jim Vogler to the rescue once more. I called, he came ASAP and then very efficiently & professionally installed my new light fixture. Jim is a gentleman, well qualified and a true pro. This is the second time I have used him. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Replace on old hanging lantern on the front porch

Category electrician, lighting, dryer vent cleaning

05/12/2021

Elizabeth B.

I had the pleasure of having Jim do a home remodel project, and I was very happy with the outcome. Jim has a great work ethic, years of experience and amazingly fair prices. I highly recommend him for your projects and I would definitely hire him again.

Description of Work
BathRoom Remodel

Category handyman service, remodeling, home remodeling

01/14/2021

Peter F.

Went perfectly. He's reliable, reasonably priced, an expert in anything you need done in your home. I can't praise Jim enough!

Description of Work
Handyman services: install grant bars, lighting, put up bedrail and other misc home improvements

10/19/2020

Sharon A.

Great job again by J&B! Our gate door never worked so smoothly! We love it! New kitchen faucet works perfectly. We will always consider Jim our first choice for anything we need done in our home.

Description of Work
Change out of kitchen faucets, toilet repair, fence door repair

Category contractors

05/07/2020

Sharon A.

The job went great. The project turned out to be a lot more extensive than we had originally thought it would be, due to the size of the new doors we purchased. But Jim made it work, and did a VERY thorough job. He was very up front with us about what would be involved. We had to have a lot of the surrounding doorway wood removed and replaced. But the result was terrific, and now we know we have a good, strong wood foundation surrounding the doors and frame. If you want the job done....and most importantly, done CORRECTLY....then Jim is your guy.

Description of Work
Removal and Replacement of Exterior Double Doors and Frame.

Category doors

11/09/2019

Nancy K.

Jim did a great job. He was quick, friendly and price was very reasonable. We were going to replace the closet doors, but they were in very good shape, so decided to see if could be repaired. He said no problem, could fix them easily. Replaced the hardware, and adjusted everything that needed adjusting. Very happy, would definitely hire Jim again for 'stuff' in the house.

Description of Work
Closet doors were off track, and off center and could not close.

Category handyman service, doors

06/25/2019

Joe T.

Business owner Jim was very punctual, which is a novelty with South Florida contractors. He did excellent work at very reasonable prices.Jim cares very much about his customers and it is evident in the quality of his work. I will definitely be calling him anytime I need work done on my home from now on.

Description of Work
Repair Work on various areas of my house

01/03/2019

Peter F.

It went extremely well. We used J&B 3 years ago and found Jim very capable and attuned to what had to be done. This job was more extensive, repairing walls that had been damaged, and the finished product was excellent--there is no longer any sign of the damage.

Description of Work
Repair of extensive damage in condo unit from roof leak

Category drywall, handyman service

11/20/2018

Mariana M.

Great! Very affordable and excellent quality. 5 Stars

Description of Work
Electrical and bathroom remodel

Category contractors, ceramic tile, handyman service, lighting, woodworking

10/01/2018

Michael T.

Jim was punctual and professional. He began working immediately. (He added new shelves in linen closet and bedroom closet.) Ran Water line to refrigerator) (Sealed baseboards with caulk)(installed new kitchen cabinet shelves and painted new bedroom door. Also mounted new bathroom fixtures. “Very satisfied with the work performed”.

Description of Work
Jim was punctual and professional. He began working immediately. (He added new shelves in linen closet and bedroom closet.)Ran Water line to refrigerator) (Sealed baseboards with caulk)(installed new kitchen cabinet shelves and painted new bedroom door. Also mounted new bathroom fixtures. “Very satisfied with the work performed”.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, interior painters

04/18/2018

Katherine S.

Jim is the ultimate handyman! He is skilled in many fields, offers valuable suggestions, is super professional, and always maintains his sense of humor. Jim goes the extra mile to assist his clients.

Description of Work
Patching, painting, carpentry,electrical

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, woodworking, interior painters, doors

Thank you so much! My pleasure!

04/17/2018

ELAINE S.

Jim arrived on time and began work immediately. He had a tough time removing the old medicine cabinet because of a flange, but did it without damaging the wall tile. The new cabinet wasn't as wide as the old one, so Jim improvised with some leftover tile and wood and closed the hole. He worked steadily and carefully for 5 hours, and cleaned up any mess that resulted. So glad I called J&B Home & Business Improvement Services!!

Description of Work
Bathroom medicine cabinet and light fixture replaced.

Category ceramic tile, electrician, handyman service, home remodeling

02/22/2018

Pamela E.

Very well. Good workmanship. Good Communication. Extremely pleasant to work with.

Description of Work
various jobs-appliance installation which included cabinet modification, new pipes, painting, baseboard, modernizing kitchen ceiling, & more

Category electrician, handyman service, remodeling, woodworking, interior painters

Thank you so much! It was my pleasure!

02/21/2018

Raymond H.

Very well. Jim is very capable. Work was completed in a timely manner with nice, neat clean up. I will use him again.

Description of Work
Hang light fixuture

Category electrician, handyman service

09/18/2017

Mark R.

Jim got my call on a Saturday and was here on a Monday, critical given the gas company was scheduled for Tuesday. Had all the tools to 'measure twice and cut once' and the end product looks great. Very happy to have found him so nearby to my home - thanks Angieslist!

Description of Work
Cutting Countertop to fit Gas Cooktop

Category countertops, electrician, handyman service

03/11/2017

Arthi D.

Jim is an experienced, resourceful, and courteous handyman - he is our immediate go-to guy for household repairs. I think we've been calling Jim for the better part of a year now for various jobs at our new-to-us home. He's repaired countless things, sometimes having to come up with creative ideas to fix mistakes made by other service providers or the "flippers" who rehabbed our property before we bought it. We've even called him a few times for his professional opinion on things that he wouldn't be fixing (e.g. HVAC issues) but we knew he had a sensible, solid understanding of construction and could guide us with questions to ask other professionals. We are grateful for Jim's help! Will definitely keep calling him.

Description of Work
Install towel bars, hang large framed art, shower sealant, painting

11/29/2016

cathi G.

Excellent! professional smart individual was punctual, polite and did a fabulous job!,

Description of Work
hanging pictures, install hanging armoire, install headboard, repair stuck drawers, rehang bureau door

09/20/2016

MARJORIE H.

Fantastic . Jim is a professional and perfectionist. Work was impeccable and very clean. Has ideas when others say it won't. Thrilled

Description of Work
Wiring down the wall

Category electrician, handyman service

02/13/2016

Mariza P.

He was prompt to answer my call and told me that yes, he served the area where I live. I made an apt for yesterday and he arrived punctually. He is a mild mannered, soft spoken, receptive to your questions, gentleman. He knows his work and looks for means to help.He was resourceful in solving unexpected problems and worked in a clean and professional way. His charges were reasonable and fair. I will certainly hire him for other jobs and recommend him without reservations to other people.

Description of Work
He replaced a very old range hood (GE DeLuxe 36") for a brand new Broan Allure Convertible duct/ductless one.

11/26/2015

Peter F.

See above. Everything was done perfectly.

Description of Work
He fixed 2 broken chairs, he repaired grout in a bathroom, he opened 9 very hard to open shutters. As always, he did the work efficiently and at reasonable cost. With Jim Vogler you never have to worry about the repairs not lasting. To say he is terrific is understating his skill.

Category ceramic tile, furniture repair, handyman service, window treatments

11/04/2015

Andrew L.

Very professional and knew what he was doing.

Description of Work
Built a complete closet in 3rd bedroom.

Category contractors, woodworking

08/15/2015

Elizabeth G.

He was on time and professional and completed the work very efficiently and thoroughly. I would definitely hire him again if the need arises.

Description of Work
He asks for a 2 hr minimum at $45/hr. The work we needed done did not require that much time but it was still a reasonable price so we paid for 2 hours and went with him. He replaced a broken kitchen faucet, fixed some bi-fold closet doors and hung a picture.

Category handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, doors

05/01/2015

Reid N.

Everything was done in a professional and timely manner. Could not have been more professional.

Description of Work
A variety of things -- installing a hurricane window in a door, installing a window air conditioner, putting in place and securing security cameras, etc.

Category handyman service, replacement windows, hurricane shutters

04/20/2015

Gwen R.

Jim did a good job for our rental property. He contacted the tenant to arrange a time, and then he stayed in touch with me to keep me posted and collect payment and send an invoice.

Description of Work
Fixed a noisy bathroom fan and replaced a broken garbage disposal.

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing, ceiling fans

High Shine Marble Restoration

High Shine Marble Restoration focuses on providing the highest quality finishes across a wide range of marble surfaces. With over 10 years in business, the success of the company lies in the customer's satisfaction with the service it renders and the quality of our work is backed up with the guarantee that our customers will be completely satisfied with our services. There is no better feeling for us than finishing our work day knowing that we were able to put a smile on your face. Being able to make a dramatic change in somebody's life makes us happy and we look forward to bringing that same professionalism and customer satisfaction to you. Our services include any type of stones" floors, walls counters tops ,marble restoration refinishing cleaning, polishing, grinding, crystallizing for travertine, terrazzo and concrete floors. These are just a fraction of the services that we offer to our valued customers. Call us today, we look forward to serving you. https://highshinemarblerestoration.com/

Zoom Locksmith

Zoom locksmith can do it all. Fast and Reliable service. We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. Our team has quality experience in this industry, and we make sure our customers are happy before we leave. Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

Stone Floor USA Corp

28 Years of Experience Polishing Natural Stones. Marble Polishing, Terrazzo Polishing, Concrete Polishing. Tile and Grout Cleaning. we specialize in restoration of Marble, Terrazzo and Concrete Floors. 5% discount first time customer Call for free estimate 954-348-5240

Handymen. Carpentry. Ceiling fans. Deck maintenance, Decks & porches. Doors. Electrical. Fencing. Hardwood flooring. Furniture. Home, garage, sun rooms & patio enclosures. Painting -exterior & interior. Lighting. Plumbing. Ceramic tile. Windows. Water heaters. Countertops. Window treatments. Pressure cleaning.

Ask for details.