Guinn & Sons Hurricane Protection

Founded 2005 • With Angi since September 2013

Family owned and operated Hurricane Protection company the specializes in the Installation of Impact Windows, Doors, Garage Doors, Accordions, Panels and Roll Down Shutters. From start to finish, we prove to be the best choice of hurricane protection companies. We set a very high standard that we take pride in achieving on each and every job. We strive to provide our customers with the highest quality hurricane protection products available in a timely, professional and affordable fashion all while implementing a strong foundation of family values. We service all of South Florida, from West Palm Beach to Key West. Contact us today for a free estimate! We offer Impact Windows, Accordion Shutters, Hurricane Panels, Impact Doors, and Roll-down Shutters. We accept any form of payment. To contact the office directly please call the office at 305-781-3909!...

Two-story Home with Impact Windows (Broward County, FL)

+4 more images

hurricane shutters (74)window replacement (29)door installation (23)window treatment (14)garage doors (6)window security film (4)general contractors (2)egress window (1)

08/24/2022

Cheryl E.

They were very professional and very good. They went beyond and exceeded my expectation. I am very impressed with their service. I recommend them to everyone.

Description of Work
Put up shutters

Work Completed On 08/24/2018

05/25/2021

Melanie R.

I received an estimate for shutters for my home by Matt Guinn. It was in writing. However, when I told him I was ready to submit a down payment, he sent me a text raising the written estimate over $1,000. I have both the written estimate and the text with the price increase upon request. Buyer BEWARE....This man inundated me with texts/phone calls during work hours and as early as 7 in the morning. He has no boundaries. He also believed that he could coerce me into the job by telling me the price of metal will be going up higher June 1st. Even though he claimed to measure the windows (I was home when he walked my home and sent me incorrect measurements), upon my request he sent a man out to explain the installation process who measured precisely. Then when Guinn reviewed the actual measurements, he increased his price over $1,000.00 on the previously agreed written estimate. Guinn does business in a very disingenuous manner.

Description of Work
Install hurricane shutters

Work Completed On 05/24/2021

05/28/2020

Lori H.

Guinn was a pleasure to work with. Fair pricing, quality product and a friendly team. Definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Accordion Hurricane Shutters

Work Completed On 04/10/2019

05/13/2020

Jacqueline H.

I was not pleased. When he came he was not prepared. I did not care for how he spoke with me, he said it was going to take several days to get an estimate (which was good in an of itself) and will not be going with their company.

Description of Work
Install Accordian Hurricane Shutters to 10 to 12 standard windows and 3 custom windows.

Work Completed On 05/13/2020

04/29/2020

Lynley C.

Guinn & Sons replaced all of our windows and doors with impact at my house. I am pretty picky so they took the time to explain the options and products to ensure I was happy. Very communicative from start to finish and we love how everything turned out. They kept everything clean during installation too. I’m a realtor in Miami and I refer all my clients to them, and everyone has been very happy! I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Replaced all doors and windows with hurricane impact

Category replacement windows, doors

Work Completed On 01/31/2019

Review for Guinn & Sons Hurricane Protection - 12491 SW 134th Ct, Miami, FL - 38530020

11/20/2019

HORTENSIA A.

I have hired the services of Guinn & Sons hurricane protection by December 2018. The accordion shutters were installed in January 2019. At the time of service, I felt very uncomfortable with the staff members of the company which had poor manners. I addressed this with the owner Matt Guinn who was my first acquaintance. He said he never had a problem with them. Once shutters were installed Mr. Guinn was on a hurry to get paid. I asked for an inspection of the shutters installed to learn how to properly close them and lock them since I am a widow with a 16-year-old boy in the house which was my only man power. An employee came and showed me how to close a few of the shutters. Now, 10 months after and due to Hurricane Dorian I had to learn that the shutters were not properly installed. At the time of hiring Mr. Guinn’s services, he said he is a Licensed Contractor and that he will do everything up to code. Here we are 10 months after and if the hurricane would have come here, I don’t know what would have happened. I have reached out to Mr. Guinn through phone, email and text. I have emailed him several times to the email from where he has sent me the contract back in December. The emails bounced. I had asked him for his email address to confirm and he sent me another email address. On Friday, November 1st, an employee came to inspect the shutters. He acknowledged the poor work and he also mentioned that the employees that did the work at my house have given them problems with other clients. On the first basis when I complaint to Mr. Guinn about those employees he said he never had a problem with them and that I was the only one who had an observation about them. I told this last employee to have Mr. Guinn contact me accordingly to arrange an appointment to fix the shutters, I also told him that I want to be present at the time of his employees being in my house and that I want the proper inspection of the shutters working correctly. Today, Wednesday November 20th at 8.50 am an employee of his knocked on my door saying he was coming to fix the shutters. I was in shock and I couldn’t believe his lack of professionalism. I explained that nobody has given me notification of him coming to the house. The situation is absurd. I was getting ready to leave to work and they pretended for me to simply be available and let them walk into the property. I am still in awe for the lack of respect and consideration. Not only that, but the employee answered me with an attitude when I told him that I was not informed of him coming to fix the shutters. I immediately called Mr. Guinn but he didn’t answer. I proceeded to email him. Once I sent the email, I received a text message. The message was childish and unprofessional. Mr. Guinn claimed and demanded that I should have been available to allow his last-minute show-up employee to the property. His text also repeats that he won’t be around for a while, implying that now I must wait. I am alarmed. I asked him to please communicate by email from now on accordingly to arrange an appointment. He sent me another childish text repeating that I should have been available and that he doesn’t know when he is going to be able to fix the problem. Why do I have to wait and be available for him when I have hired and made the payments according to the contract? He hasn’t delivered the work and he is still in an unprofessional and immature position to deliver expertise.

Description of Work
Job done deliberately. Accordion Shutters were installed incorrectly and they don't lock. They serve of no protection at the time of a hurricane.

Work Completed On 01/10/2019

07/01/2019

Janet B.

We did receive serval quotes and found this to be the best. This was our first time having to get our association approval to add shutters, they took a long time. But once the approval was received our shutters were up in approximately 4-5 weeks. They did an excellent job. If I ever had any questions they were immediately answered. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Accordion Hurricane Shutters

Work Completed On 05/22/2019

06/18/2019

Becky V.

Guinn & Sons provided an excellent price to replace all my windows, doors and garage door with impact resistant windows and doors. The process was simple and the staff helped by leaving the work area clean each day. The only difficult issue was that the installers did not speak English but Guinn & Sons staff was available to interpret when it was necessary and everything worked out well. I am very happy with the ECO windows and doors they installed.

Description of Work
Hurricane windows

Category garage doors, replacement windows, doors, hurricane shutters

Work Completed On 06/18/2019

05/15/2019

Omar D.

They were great. Great price great service I will use them again.

Description of Work
Hurricane Proof windows

Work Completed On 05/07/2018

05/14/2019

Paul C.

Extremely satisfied with the overall service. Very professional staff who was always available whenever I reached out. No matter the day or the time, I could always call and get an answer to my questions. I love the end product and I am so happy that we finally purchased this necessity which we kept putting up. I would definitely recommend Guinn & Sons to anyone who is considering to purchase Hurricane protection.

Description of Work
Accordion shutters and impact doors

Work Completed On 05/10/2019

02/26/2019

Sofia B.

Excellent company. Very professional. I will recommend to my friends.

Description of Work
Hurricane shutters and front door

Work Completed On 02/26/2019

12/12/2018

Natalie A.

We hired Guinn and Sons to install our hurricane panels. The process was smooth and they were transparent and communicated throughout each step of the project. They offered us a fair price and provided a great quality finishing product. Thank you, Guinn and Sons!

Description of Work
Installation of Storm Hurricane Panels

Work Completed On 12/12/2018

12/11/2018

ma B.

The service was amazing they were very professional. The quality was superb.

Description of Work
Accordion shutters

Work Completed On 06/11/2018

11/21/2018

Victor G.

Andrew helped me from Guinn and Sons and he was awesome. I originally just did one door with them and called them back a few months later to do the whole house. Product is beautiful and service is perfect. No complaints on my side which is rare when dealing with contractors!

Description of Work
Impact windows and doors

Category replacement windows, window treatments, doors, security windows

Work Completed On 07/01/2018

11/17/2018

Beatriz B.

It went really well from beginning to end. They quoted me a very reasonable price. They performed the job within the time frame they gave me. Roberto and his crew showed up exactly when they said they would and finish the job in 2 days. Very clean, very professional. I definitely recommend!

Description of Work
Hurricane shutters

Work Completed On 11/15/2018

11/16/2018

jennifer P.

Great-- Company was very responsive, which is rare in South Florida! David Sr and David Jr did a great job repairing the wood around the frame and carefully installing the new door. Company owner Matt checked in with every step of the process. Everyone I dealt with was very friendly and professional, would absolutely hire again and recommend to others.

Description of Work
Replace side door with hurricane impact rated door, make minor repairs around frame.

Category doors

Work Completed On 11/16/2018

11/14/2018

Daniel M.

Guinn & Sons did an incredible job installing my impact windows. They were professional and efficient. I highly recommend them to everyone.

Description of Work
Installation of impact windows

Work Completed On 07/20/2018

11/14/2018

Lyli M.

Excellent !! From the moment they took my call , arrived on time for our intial estimate appt , Mr. Guinn took his time to explain my options and clearly set my expectactions. The installers were so professional and did such a great job cleaning up after. It’s been a year already and I have no complains. Not only did they offer the lowest prices in town but they did the job right I couldn’t ask for more. Thank you so much the Guinn Family for taking care of me .

Description of Work
Hurricane Impact Windows

Work Completed On 10/18/2017

11/13/2018

Chris A.

I completed my impact window job with Guinn & Sons after my brother reffered me to them. Everything from the initial visit to the installation to the city inspections went very smoothly. I would definetly recommend this company to anyone looking for hurricane protection.

Description of Work
Impact Windows

Category replacement windows

03/23/2018

Flor de Lis V.

After requesting four estimates for the accordion Hurricane Shutters, I learned that it is important to request the name of the material as many of the quotes didn't have it and the difference in quality is noticeable. The estimate from Guinn and Son's of the HV Bertha was the best price. Now in regards to their service, Andrew is very professional and responsive. Also Wayne, the installer was kind, punctual, and professional too. They were fast and left everything spotless. We are very pleased with their service and the shutters look really discrete. We would be glad to recommend them to anybody.

Description of Work
Accordion Hurricane Shutters

Work Completed On 03/23/2018

01/18/2018

Richard R.

I wanted casement windows for the front of my house to replace very old awning windows. Other installers were reluctant to install casements, and recommended a combination of different sized sliding windows (neighbors in similar houses who have updated, have variations of slider configurations). Matt agreed that casements would look great and indicated that he could install them. Once the windows arrived and installation was begun, it wasn't long before he ran into 60 year old iron posts connecting to my tie beam that complicated the installation. There were a few ways to proceed, but Matt decided that the best looking and most economical way to complete the installation was to frame around the poles, then cover them with white aluminum covers that matched the windows. The work is completed. It's beautiful and one would never know that there was any issue. Matt did install sliders in the back of the house, as planned, replacing older single-hung windows, and they are perfect. He was able to preserve those window sills and molding. The front window sill, the original from when the house was built, already chipped and marred from years of abuse, received more damage during the re-configuration of the framing. It was to be expected and I had all along planned to replace the window sill myself following the completion of the window installation. Matt felt that his work caused a bit more damage to the tile sill and informed me that he felt he should replace it. There was no talking him out of it! I now have great looking windows and a nice new tile window sill. Much of the work on my windows was completed when my wife and I were at work and no one was home. The house was left neat and clean, and there were absolutely no issues. If there was any problem, I'd say it had to do with communication, but primarily in regard to what time work would begin in the morning, and what work might be planned for the day. I am extremely satisfied with the work that was provided, the cost of the installation, and the high quality of the windows that Matt recommended.

Description of Work
Window replacement

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 01/16/2018

Thanks Mr. [Member Name Removed], It was a pleasure working with! Thanks for the business and the great review!

01/12/2018

Manuel C.

DO NOT USE GUINN AND SONS. THEIR SUB STOLE A $5000 CHECK FROM US. Not only did Guinn and Son's not care that their sub stole a check from us, they demanded a second check immediately for the same amount. The windows where installed incorrectly, and they will not come out to fix them.

Description of Work
Impact Windows throughout the house

Work Completed On 07/01/2017