Bob's Plumbing Co

Founded 1958 • With Angi since March 2006

4055 SW 89th Ave

Miami, FL 33165

Additional contact name - Robert L Blosser Jr....

04/27/2022

Elaine S.

What a pleasure to deal with a company that has friendly, skilled technicians, responds promptly to your needs and charges a fair price for the work done. I had a mystery leak resulting in massive water bills and they were the only ones who could locate and repair it. I would never consider using any other plumbing company. I have complete confidence in Ross, John and Kenny (the leak whisperer) for all future plumbing needs.

Description of Work
find hidden water leak

01/31/2019

Ken M.

Scott arrived as scheduled. Polite, professional and efficient. He snaked out the main line from the stack to the septic tank. Very pleased with the service. I will call Bob's Plumbing for any future plumbing needs.

Description of Work
The main drain line needed to be unclogged.

06/25/2018

David S.

They are very quick to respond, prompt and courteous, and got the jobs done. Also discovered a leak which MDWSD then repaired for free, saving us lots on our water bill.

Description of Work
Removed a deceased cat from behind the Diswasher (really!) and replaced an outside hose faucet.

04/06/2018

RORBERT B.

Of all the plumbing company I have worked with over the years, the only one that I now use exclusively is Bob's Plumbing. They are honest, reliable, friendly and alway go the extra mile to do the job right. This company operates like an old fashion business; they provide excellent service and fair prices and strive for loyal customers. So many other companies just want to do the job, get paid and move on. Loyalty means nothing to the others. Bob's Plumbing is loyal to its customers and we are loyal the them.

Description of Work
Multiple plumbing repairs and installation work over the years.

Category plumbing, water heater repair, drain pipe, home remodeling, drain cleaning

01/05/2018

Michael C.

I recently installed a dual fuel (gas stove top, electric convection oven) range in my kitchen , which required the conversion from the old all electric range, and the installation of a new gas line, and other components to connect the gas portion of the new range. I had used Bob's in the past for several projects, and have always been pleased with their work, their prompt arrival and their kept promises. As a licensed plumbing contractor, they are properly licensed and qualified for gas line installations. John told me about how much it would cost, and I agreed to have them install it on a time and material basis, including the permit cost. They did a top notch job, were prompt when they committed to the project, and assisted me in the installation of the range. I will certainly use them again for other projects in their trade.

Description of Work
I recently installed a dual fuel range in my kitchen, requiring a gas line installation.

Category plumbing, home remodeling

08/17/2017

Jay B.

He gets an A on price and A on work. My wife has been dealing with him, but I have heard no complaints.

Description of Work
general plumbing, shower valve

06/16/2017

Javier S.

Not well since, he never showed up.

Description of Work
He never showed up.

04/12/2017

Michael C.

The plumber that was sent out, Mark, found the problem right away, and went about to repair it. It was done in short order, and very professionally. He was neat and orderly and left me a wall that was neatly cut and easy to repair after he was done with the plumbing portion. He cleaned up the debris and only billed me for the time spent on the repair and obtaining parts, (which was very fast). I was very pleased with their work.

Description of Work
Repair of pipe inside wall

04/07/2017

Marta J.

The problems were taken care of. He was on time, professional, installed new [can't remember the name of what was installed :-) ] didn't waste any time. Would hire again for any plumbing issue.

Description of Work
There were two different issues with the toilet.

02/17/2017

Clara M.

I've had them for years. I've been very happy with them. I've had very good experience with them. They're a little pricey.

Description of Work
I've used Bob's Plumbing.

12/13/2016

Leticia D.

It was great. Everything was an A. I didn't look for the price of other companies. Quality, responsiveness and punctuality were excellent.

Description of Work
I used Bob's Plumbing. I had a pipe leak.

09/21/2016

Javier R.

Communication was great. They made it clear on the first call I made that they may not get to me same day so I opted for the next morning. They called early the next morning to confirm and arrived on time. They quickly assessed the problem and got to work. Took just over an hour and made recommendations to prevent reoccurrence.

Description of Work
Clear a main line stoppage that was backing up the shower and toilets

08/18/2016

Scott L.

It went great. Plumber was on time, diagnosed the problem and resolved the issue.

Description of Work
low water pressure in kitchen sink

04/13/2016

Thomas W.

Overall very good experience with a complicated and difficult construction period. John and Gordon were experts with the build and install of all new plumbing for the house. There were a few glitches here and there, but they were able to address and fix everything. Thoughtful work and were able to address and adapt to changes that occurred in-the-field without issue. Quality work as well!

Description of Work
New water and plumbing for gut rehab

04/06/2016

Catherine P.

Leo was great. Fun sense of humor and happy to teach me a couple things about the process. $150 (90 min labor) + $52.00 (parts) = $202.00. Parts were probably a little pricier than necessary but that's sort of the game if you aren't DYI.

Description of Work
Unclogged and reset toilet with new fixtures in tank.

02/11/2016

Yudong G.

I'm not sure about the quality of the work they do, but I can assure you the customer service they have is the worst you can expect. I called them and the lady who picked up the phone was apparently not in a good mood, she was very impatient and very rude.

12/05/2015

CAROL G.

Scot came at the agreed upon time. He was energetic and efficient. He cleaned up the mess and took the rest away.

Description of Work
He removed a rusty old kitchen faucet system (faucet, sprayer, handle, soap dispenser) and replaced it with a new one.

10/22/2015

Sherell M.

Called them to see if what's wrong on my sink. Because on what I can see, the sink is clogged. They send a plumber to see if they can fix the problem, they inspect under the sink and saw some leaks on the pipes. They opened the pipes and because it was very old, there's a lot of waste inside. That is why the sink was clogged. They replace the pipes under the sink, it was nicely wrap, kinda liked how they remodeled the pipes under the sink. I'm grateful to these guys.

Description of Work
Replace some pipes

Category plumbing, remodeling, drain cleaning

09/21/2015

Lisa B.

We called Bob's Plumbing and explained (albeit likely badly) the issues that we were having at our house. They were very quick to set up a date and time to come out based on my availability. When the plumber, Mark, arrived he started with the smaller things and worked his way up to the larger issue. He replaced two flush valves that were leaking and also repaired our 1957 handles in the only bathroom that hasn't been updated. When he moved on to the mystery leak Mark was able to find that the leak was coming from the kitchen line to the septic tank. This turned out to be a major plumbing problem!!! The original cast iron line that went from the kitchen to the septic tank (under the slab in the part of the house without an accessible crawl space) had a gash along the bottom and all the water and detritus from the sink and dishwasher was just flowing into the tiny crawl space under our house. The original owners of the house had apparently tried to repair it before we bought the house (via the front wall of the house) and the job was not done correctly. John, the owner of Bob's Plumbing, came over and he and Mark came up with a solution where they would run the plumbing outside the house rather than ripping up our house. This made me VERY happy as we have 1957 terrazzo floors throughout our house. The job took 4 days to complete but we now have a new septic hook up for our kitchen, as well as a line for the washing machine and the necessary connection for when we have to do our third bathroom that happens to be on the same side of the house as the kitchen (we live in a split level house). Everyone who was on site was extremely courteous (not always seen in Miami), knowledgeable of exactly what their part of this complicated puzzle was, and cleaned up after themselves. Every step of the way was explained to us, everything was shown to us as it was completed, and they even have a person who repairs any damage done to the house (patching, drywall, etc.) John or Casey (John's brother) came by the site everyday to ensure that everything was done correctly and to our satisfaction. I would recommend Bob's Plumbing with my eyes closed, they were that good! They offer something that isn't common, or at least not for me. They offer complete service, from start to finish, without issue and with an attitude that is commendable. They deserve every accolade that I can think of and more.

Description of Work
We had minor things to do in the house plus a mystery leak in our kitchen that ended up being the line that feeds into the septic tank.

09/01/2015

Dennis M.

It went very well. The backup was resolved and everything's been well ever since.

Description of Work
Ran a K60 snake through the duct in the roof to clear a clog in my drain line. They were courteous and professional.

04/24/2015

Alejandra F.

We made an appointment and they never showed up. When we called, they said a big job came up. We made a second appointment and they never showed up. When we called they said there was an emergency. We are not calling them again.

Description of Work
Nothing

02/11/2015

Gined V.

We have had a lot of issues with our plumbing over the past two years and therefore we have met a number of contractors who have completed work on our home. Overall, Bob's plumbing has been the best provider in every aspect of service, from the estimates to the actual repairs. Actually, this company did their best to go above and beyond our expectations, and they succeeded. For instance, they repaired a pipe that was poorly placed outside the drywall by another contractor at no additional cost. We enthusiastically recommend this company as a "best of Miami", and we are pleased to say that our plumbing troubles are over.

Description of Work
repaired drain lines in our home

06/16/2014

Donna D.

He got the water running freely by running a cable from the kitchen to bathroom lines to unclear stoppage, primarily in the kitchen sinks where water was not draining; he went up on the roof. He also worked on our filter system, capped off the lines to the defunct ice maker and installed new flappers in the bathrooms (while he was here). I have been using Bob's Plumbing for more than 25 years for our home and some rental properties, and John is always very accommodating and professional.

Description of Work
Mainly, cleared a stoppage in the kitchen sink.

05/21/2014

Pilar L.

He was great! I called him and he was here 15 minutes after that. He was very fast and was organized. I was very happy with him. The pricing was great. I will definitely use him again.

Description of Work
I had a broken valve on the refrigerator and Bob's Plumbing Co. came right over and changed it.

05/09/2014

Greg P.

They arrived on time, were true to estimate, however, the estimate said it was a 4 hour job. The plumber was here only 2 hours, which included 1 hour shopping for a dryer vent. The job was extremely expensive for what was requested. I believe it should have cost half as much, as their standard labor rates are $100 per hour. I'm very dissatisfied.

Description of Work
They installed my washer/dryer. They had to create a dryer vent and hooked up the washer.