Roofer Mike Inc

Founded 2006 • With Angi since March 2011

473 Plover Ave

Miami Springs, FL 33166

Roofer Mike Inc is a licensed and insured roofing company in Miami Springs, FL. With over 20 years of South Florida roofing experience Mike earned his Florida Certified Roofing Contractors License and incorporated in 2006. Beginning as a referral driven contractor in Miami Springs our service area now includes most of Miami–Dade County and South Broward County. We specialize in residential roof replacements, roof repairs and maintenance. Combining technical expertise and attention to detail, we listen and offer options based on each client's needs. -- ABOUT YOUR ROOF -- Home ownership is probably the biggest long term investment most of us will make. As one of Miami’s best residential roofing contractors Roofer Mike Inc can help protect that investment, maintaining your roof as cost effectively as possible. -- ROOF REPLACEMENTS, REPAIRS, & MAINTENANCE -- All roofing systems will eventually require repairs or maintenance. Roofer Mike is a residential roof repair and maintenance specialist including the application of elastomeric roof coatings. Unfortunately, when a roof is too old and worn for maintenance or repairs to be practical, it must be replaced. We offer expert installations of shingle roofs, concrete tile and clay tile roofs, metal roofs and various flat roof applications. -- ENERGY EFFICIENCY -- South Florida residents are increasingly aware of the energy efficiency of their homes. We endorse Cool Roof concepts such as ventillation, insulation and reflectivity in residential roof designs which reduce cooling costs as well as extend the life of the roof. -- WHY ROOFER MIKE? -- Referral based roofing companies don't take shortcuts. Roofer Mike Inc strictly adheres to the Florida Building Code and pulls permits according to local building departments. We offer one of the the strongest workmanship warranty programs in the Miami roofing industry because of the confidence we have in our installations. When you require the services of a roofing company, Roofer Mike Inc is happy to answer any questions about your roof. -- WORKMANSHIP WARRANTIES -- Shingle Roofs/10 years - Flat Roofs/10 years & up - Tile Roofs/12 years - Metal Roofs/15 years - Elastomeric Coatings/5 years - Roof Repairs/3 years - Tile Roof Clean & Seal/7 years...

07/14/2018

Alison R.

I am very satisfied with the work performed. It took a little longer than anticipated but there were some problems with a permit. Mike was easy to reach by email and quickly responded to questions and problems that arose. His price was much better than other estimates I received. I would highly recommend him.

Description of Work
replace shingle roof

Category roofing, skylights

05/24/2018

Lidia R.

Perfect, every person that go up and see it said what a good job have been done on my roof

Description of Work
Replace and repair a flat roof

02/20/2018

maria M.

great work. Very responsive company and excellent service Price was fare. work was done in two days.

Description of Work
replace several roof tiles.

09/28/2017

Sharon G.

I called him the morning of 9/28/17 and left a message describing what I needed and left my cell#. Mr. Mike returned my called that afternoon. I reiterated my problem(as described above). He asked me my address which I gave him. I live in the area of NW 59 Street and 8 Avenue. He said he has had a high volume of calls coming in for service since the hurricane (about 25 a day) therefore he is only servicing people who live in Miami Springs. He gave me no idea when this policy would change. He was cordial. I thanked him and hung up. Since I contacted him based on him being listed on Angies List and reading the reviews and I feel that if he is restricting his service to Miami Springs area at this time it should be noted on Angies List. Would you hire again is N/A since I was not offered the service.

Description of Work
I needed my roof inspected due to leaks caused by Hurricane Irma. I wanted to get a second report for my Insurance. I also needed a Tarp put on in the areas that leaked(my dining room, den and family room) so that there would be no further damage before the roof was fixed.

04/05/2017

Pedro P.

I called Roofer Mike based on Angie's List reviews and because he was one of the few that advertised application of Somay Mastic to augment roof protection on the flat roof. As he is a working contractor, it was a bit difficult to reach him via phone or receive a return call if leaving a message due to a busy schedule, but emailing proved to be the best bet. It's also worth noting that he's busy because he has a lot of work, and he has a lot of work because he's good at what he does. Mike is extremely knowledgeable in his work and the products involved in repairing, restoring and preserving as he has been in business for quite some time. When we first spoke about the job and what I wanted, he explained various ways to accomplish the job and how he would approach it – again, based on his experience, which was very evident. I was especially impressed by a high-tech move in a (let’s face it) basically straightforward, physically demanding job that I’ve never seen another roofer or contractor do: While we were on the phone speaking about the job, he asked for the address where the work was to be performed, brought up the property on Google Earth, asked details about the views he was looking at and was able to provide a price for the job since he approximated the roof’s dimensions just by the overhead images! After engaging in the service contract, Mike kept in touch to tell me when the job would be started, what the next step(s) and dates to continue would be and what he found while on the roof. He even included the corresponding area of the large A/C ducts and tubing when he coated the flat roof with Somay just, as he explained, for the extra protection as well as the aesthetic look. After it was done he also emailed photographs showing the completed job. I would highly recommend Roofer Mike and would definitely use his services again.

Description of Work
Clean tile and flat roofs, remedial repair work to A/C ducts, application of anti-bacterial treatment to tile roof area and application of Somay Roof Mastic (two coats) to flat roof.

09/19/2016

Albert T.

Mike gave me an estimate using an aerial view of house off the internet. He was thousands less than the other estimates i received. I had gotten an estimate for Shingle at 9K so when he quoted 15,900 for Metal I was very happy. What really convinced me was his YouTube Channel were i got to see the quality of his work. He had an easy payment structure. !K DEP, 5K Start, %K at Inspection and 5K at Final. His crew was efficient, professional, respectful and made sure to not damage the property. They tore off the roof in sections since we are in the rainy season. Overall it could not have gone any better. Here is a link to his videos [*** Link removed ***]

Description of Work
New Metal roof

10/14/2014

Paul B.

Roofer Mike was extremely professional during the process of removing my old roof and applying my new roof I would recommend his services to any and everybody I will be using roofer Mike in the future

Description of Work
New Roof

02/20/2014

CARI Y.

The jobs were completed on time and as promised. Overall a very positive experience. I recommend Roofer Mike and his work.

Description of Work
Roofer Mike repaired a tile roof and a two flat roof leaks. He also applied protective paint on the flat roofs.

12/24/2013

Hugh G.

During the height of the summer deluges, Roofer Mike found time to come to our aid. The expanse of roof he had to replace was much larger than we had imagined. Mike handled all permits, walked (actually talked) us through the process, completed the work in a timely manner given it was the rainy season making repairs difficult. Would absolutely call him again for roof work.

Description of Work
Repaired roof leak

07/02/2013

Alfred J.

It took too long, Mike's guys didn't always show up when I had reason to think they would and should, and Mike is more chatty and unrestrained than I wanted, but he was very responsive when I had a problem along the way, the job looks terrific, and my roof no longer leaks. I trust Mike. I would definitely recommend him.

Description of Work
Whole roof replacement

05/11/2013

r jason W.

My only frustration was the length if time it took the city to allow us to begin the project. But, that's Pinecrest.

Description of Work
He removed and replaced damaged roofing, repaired leaks in the roof and replaced damaged wood overhangs. The whole crew did a great job of keeping debris out of the pool and leaving everything neat and clean

04/14/2013

JOSEPHINE N.

It didn't go well. First of all, Roofer Mike does not answer calls or return them in a timely manner. If you call him during the day, he doesn't answer the phone and doesn't return the call until the evening. In our particular case, we agreed to work with him on the condition that he put the tarp up to cover the leak and protect the kitchen. He promised to comply with our request but it rained quite h****** two occasions and Roofer Mike was not available to answer our calls and put the tarp up. After the first rainfall, he promised to put up the tarp before it rained again and he did not. Fortunately for us, we were about to sign the contract but didn't when we realized this roofer does not keep his word. We ended up having our handyman put the tarp up. Now we're going to look for another roofer.

Description of Work
We got an estimate from Roofer Mike that was reasonably priced, $5,250.00, to replace a shingle roof of approximately 1,000 sq ft. Before we signed the contract, we asked him to please put a tarp up on the roof to cover a leak that was damaging the kitchen. He promised he would place the tarp on the roof before it rained again. We made it crystal clear to him that the most important issue to us was to get the tarp up and protect the kitchen. After that was done, we wouldn't mind if he took a few weeks to start the roof replacement.

I am very sorry you were dissatisfied with your experience with Roofer Mike Inc. I am a hands-on contractor and if I am on a roof or on the road, I cannot always answer phone calls during the day. Though we did not have a signed contract, I agreed to tarp the roof. Customers under contract required my attention and we were unable to tarp the roof as soon as we would have liked. As soon as I was available I left a message saying \we would be tarping the roof the next day and called again when we were on the way. You said your handyman had tarped it the previous day. Again, I apologize for your inconvenience.

03/17/2013

Vaughn N.

Mr Slattery told me details about the job. and the work was started a few days later. We did have a difference of opinion,about how many coats were applied. Mike came back and put one more coat down even tho he said it was already three coats on the roof. He was very pleasant and polite, even after I accused him of wrong doing.I do believe Mr.Slattery is a honest and hard working man.

Description of Work
waterproofing a flat concrete roof, Pressure wash entire roof using a chlorine solution. use a primer coat, and a wb pink coat, and two coats of sealoflex finish coats. and a layer of reinforcing fabric at the front and back ponding areas.

02/16/2013

Marcos M.

Roofer Mike Inc., performed a repair on our flat roof and did an exemplary job. We had several contractors inspect the flat root due to a leak that we noticed and they were all over the place. One wanted to replace the whole roof and the other did not even want to touch our roof. Mike was very professional, answered all of our questions, and provided good advise based on his expertise. He was punctual and always did what he said he would do. When the time comes to replace our roof, we’ll definitely call Roofer Mike.

Description of Work
Roofer Mike, performed the following work: pressure washed flat roof with 50/50 chlorine and water solution. Remove tile from flat roof/tile roof transition near valley and replaced damaged insulation in repair area. Reinforced flat roof seams with 4” fabric and applied 2 coats SOMAY 814 solvent based elastomeric coating. Reinstalled roof tiles.

Thank you for the kind words. Your roof was a bit of a challenge but not unusual. Flat roofs benefit from maintenance more than any other system. Many Miami roofers will shy away from a roof in fair condition as their agenda is to replace the roof, not repair or maintain it. Roof replacements are fairly straight-forward while roof repair and maintenance applications require diagnostic and design skills. We are confident the work we did will extend the life of the flat roof to that of the tile roof, and are happy to be of help. Regards. "Roofer Mike" Slattery

01/24/2013

BILL M.

He had trouble getting the final done, but that wasn't his fault. I was very pleased with the work.

Description of Work
I hired them to do a roof repair. The job started on 11/21/12 and finished on 12/10/12. There was a leak, so they removed tile, repaired the roof, and then reinstalled the tile.

01/07/2013

Anne P.

Mike came and gave me an estimate. He was very professional. He had all the appropriate licenses and insurance coverage. The work took a long time to get started. This was primarily due to having to get the Homeowners Association's approval and due to the weather. Once the work started, it went quickly. My only complaint was the clean up. the screen covering my pool had nails and roofing materials left on it. It really needed to be blown off the screening.

Description of Work
Mike replaces my flat roof. He got all the permits, arranged for inspections and ordered all of the materials

11/25/2012

Cindy D.

Roofer Mike was punctual, conscientious, and hard working. He was very knowledgable about proper roof installation techniques and roofing materials, and has 20 years of experience installing roofs in Miami-Dade County. He priced several different options for us, and took the time to explain the advantages and disadvantages of each option. His prices are reasonable and his work is guaranteed. We are confident that the roof repair will last and we highly recommend Roofer Mike.

Description of Work
Roofer Mike inspected, assessed and repaired a 4-year old flat roof that was installed improperly, resulting in water intrusion and collapse of a portion of the interior ceiling.

11/21/2012

Jacqueline S.

Mike the roofer did a superb job diagnosing and repairing a leak which had been unsuccessfully noodled with by another roofer. Mike was personable, courteous and a great communicator. We are hoping to clone him in our laboratory.

Description of Work
Roof repair

11/20/2012

Patricia W.

My homeowners association gave me a violation for a dirty roof. Mike worked with me to get the roof cleaned. He did an excellent job even cleaning the neighbors sidewalks and my driveway of any residue. He then returned to seal the roof when weather conditions improved.

Description of Work
Roofer Mike cleaned the roof. He then sealed the tile roof preventing mildew warranty for 7 years.

09/16/2012

Robert P.

I feel he has high integrity and I will defintely use Roofer Mike again.

Description of Work
Fixed roof leaks, when a new one popped up after initial repair weeks later, came back immediately, fixed and did not ask for extra $.

08/10/2012

Blanche S.

After my mother passed away, we had the sad job of preparing her house for sale. Needless to say, this was a difficult time for the family and finding that we would have to replace the roof before the pending sale added another level of frustration. Of the 3 estimates we received for the work, Roofer Mike was substantially less than the other 2 companies - for the exact same work and materials. Owner, Mike Slattery, was professional and thorough and kept me informed of the progress of the job - particularly in light of a difficult problem we had to resolve at the junction of the house roof and porch roof. His crew members were courteous and on time. Within the predictable limitations of Miami summer monsoons, the job was done without delay. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Roofer Mike to any potential customer who wants a good job at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Roofer Mike, Inc. replaced a 19 year old shingle roof on a one-story house in Miami, FL The roof replacement included bringing the new roof up to the current Miami-Dade County code, so that it would pass the rigorous inspection of the County before approval was granted. The work was done on schedule and exactly on budget and received the required approvals.

05/24/2012

Anne P.

The process took a little more time than I had originally anticipated but this was due to many factors- time for permits to be pulled, HOA approval, and, of course, weather delays. All in all the job went very well. Mike and his crew cleaned up extremely well

Description of Work
Mike pulled all the necessary permits, ordered the materials, got a great crew, had the job inspected by the City of Doral twice. Once at roof pull off and once at job completion. Mike also added insulation to my roof. He then sealed the roof tiles to protect them from mildew. He also sealed my driveway and patio.

05/21/2012

Pedro B.

Mike provided exactly the service that I was looking for and at a reasonable price after looking at two other estimates. The great part was that he is a great communicator and all questions were answered in a clear, straightforward manner. Coordination of the work was smooth. The leaks were repaired and he even cut back some branches over the detached structure. He was conscientious and came through for me and I would most definately would use him again and recommend him to anyone.

Description of Work
I own an office building and the roof on a detached structure housing some important equipment developed a leak along with 3 leaks in the main building. I didn't want to spend a lot of money.

08/19/2011

One of the easiest transactions that I have ever done. I really trust Mile

Description of Work
I called Mike on this past Monday afternoon. This is Friday and Mike was able to both assess and fix my roof Mike observed that I really did require a new roof, but he was able to stop my leaks until I could afford the new replacement roof. I find Mike to be honorable, sincere and very accommodating. He is interested in doing good business and in taking care of his customers. IamI extremely well impressed with Mike.

03/06/2011

KATHY B.

Can't say enough about our experience with Mike from Roofer Mike Inc. He had done work for us in the past on other properties and his work has remained the same high quality and reasonable price. He always gives options for the work needed to be done. Four years ago, we thought we needed a total re-roof, and Mike suggested we just patch at that time and plan for a new roof in five years. That gave us time to plan. The work was done in a timely manner. He was always there when he said he would be and inspection was a breeze. The property was a rental and when he was working on it 4 years ago, he called to let us know we should check on our tennents, that he tought they were not maintaining the property. Thanks to Mike, we did not renew the lease. He went above and beyond our expectations.

Description of Work
Total re-roof of a barrell tile roof on a two story home with multiple levels.