Douglas Orr Plumbing, Inc.

Founded 1974 • With Angi since March 2006

We are providing emergency services to those who are in need! With COVID 19 extra measures are being taken by our service technicians to be readily available to those who may face plumbing issues. Stay home and stay safe! If you have any plumbing issues at all, contact the expert plumbers at

4.4

plumbers (705)drain cleaning (101)water heaters (62)drain pipe installation (22)sewer cleaning (14)appliance repair (9)well & water pump repair (7)septic tank service (6)excavating (5)gas leak repair (4)small appliance repair (4)handyman (3)

09/09/2022

Janett C.

Do not use these jokers. They will bill you 10x and not finish the job properly. They removed my sink disposal because they said it was in the weigh of my sink pipes. They also btriwd to bill me for their driving time, time to put together an invoice and talking to his wife. He then lied and said his wife, was someone at the office and was a nickname. He thought I couldn't understand Spanish. Stay away.

Description of Work
Sink faucet

Category appliance repair

Work Completed On 04/07/2022

10/04/2021

vIctoria K.

Darryl was just great. My shower head had was clogged and just needed to be soaked in CLR until it can be replaced. He charged me 80 dollars for less than a half hour work . When my credit card was charged. I was charged 160 dollars the standard fee for just showing up as explained to me when I spoke to someone in service.I was a little surprised. I am a senior and was not offered the senior discount. My family started out with Douglas Orr as our plumber in Medley in 1974. I think loyalty has it limits and it’s time for me to shop around

Description of Work
Check shower to see why it was intermittently dripping

Work Completed On 10/01/2021

06/15/2021

Terry K.

Called and booked an appointment for low water pressure in our Sunny Isles condo. Plumber was no show, no call, nothing. I called at 5pm and re-booked the next day (first mistake). Plumber came, asked my tenant a few questions and left. Diagnosis was I needed anew PRV (pressure regulating valve). Did a quick google search and found the valve could be adjusted, called to ask if the plumber could return and they agreed but would charge another $150. I filed a Visa claim and got a refund. Turned out when I hired a competent plumber the PRV was fine, I just needed new faucet cartridges in the two bathrooms. Two months later they submit another UNAUTHORIZED charge on my Visa which will also be refunded. This is a dishonest, incompetent operation. Buyer beware!!!

Description of Work
Low water pressure

Category appliance repair, plumbing

Work Completed On 03/23/2021

05/21/2021

Alexis N.

Plumbing was backed up with wipes. I call them and they were very responsive and prompt to arrive to perform the repair. Flushing down wipes even if they say they're flushable it's a big no no in our book from now on. Thanks for the service!

Description of Work
Plumbing clean up.

Work Completed On 04/12/2021

02/25/2021

Ronald B.

He took a 20 minute job and turned it into almost a days work. He would have if I hadn't told him to just go. Getting the invoice ready took 45 minutes. I complained to the supervisor and so it only cost 450$ instead of 600.

Description of Work
Simple pvc pipe

Category appliance repair, plumbing

Work Completed On 02/25/2021

12/28/2020

Shawn T.

Called afterhours, Sunday, and followed prompts for emergency and left a message, was quickly called back and the person gave me good information and quote, I agreed and she put me in the queue, two or three were ahead of me so took about 4-5 hours, Ryan called on his way and again when he got there. He explained all my options and we agreed on what work to do for now to stop the leak. Took about an hour and cost was very reasonable considering work on Sunday. My second time using Douglas Orr and will use again for sure. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Dishwasher leaking when not in use

Category

Work Completed On 12/27/2020

08/13/2020

Bruce K.

Amazing service and responsiveness. I would use them again and again without hesitation. Old fashioned, good service with an eye to saving a client money, not run a never ending bill. Thank you!!!

Description of Work
Found and fixed leaking outside line break

Category excavators, plumbing, drain pipe

Work Completed On 07/22/2020

02/18/2020

Francisco C.

Omar did a great job. He showed up on time and fixed the sink disposal at my dad's condo. I also had him change the flush mechanism in both toilets. He fixed everything right and was fast.

Description of Work
Change/repair sink disposal, fix toilet tank mechanism

Category plumbing, small appliance repair

Work Completed On 02/17/2020

02/13/2020

Morayma Del H.

Great job, very puntual in the appointment, super clean job and excellent customer service.

Description of Work
Disconnecting and reconnecting plumbing for a new kitchen countertop

Work Completed On 02/13/2020

12/27/2019

Andrea H.

First, Mary Jo asked if my machine still worked, and if so, was there rust or leaking. Although old, my heater looks new. She asked if we preferred to have someone come out to see if it just needed new thermastat and element. Good idea! Billy came to the house; he's been here before. He is always professional and very nice. Heater was perfect. He investigated and believes it is a cartridge that needs to be replaced in my Kohler single lever bath tub fixture. Since it had to be ordered, I asked if I could do it myself: He showed me the 3 places to unscrew it, and advised me to turn off the house water when changing. He showed me the part number as well. This company has always been terrific. I've had others but these people are honest, prompt, very pleasant, and do beautiful work.

Description of Work
Thought we needed new water heater

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 12/27/2019

12/11/2019

Yvonne G.

I will never use Douglas Orr Plumbing again because of the following unconscionably bad customer (dis)service experience: I scheduled a non-emergency service call for the replacement of 4 existing faucets (3 bathroom, 1 kitchen). I was given the window of 11 - 3 for arrival of the plumber and was told that the plumber would call 30 minutes in advance of arrival. I unpacked each faucet, cleaned out the cabinet under each sink and turned off the water. I started calling at 2:30 p.m. to find out when the plumber would arrive. I was told he was running behind because of "an extremely busy plumbing day" but that he would arrive close to 3. The last time I called for an ETA I was told I'd be charged overtime for the service call. I spoke with Mary Jo, Assistant Manager, and she agreed that OT would be inappropriate given the fact that the delay was due entirely to Douglas Orr. Luis finally arrived at 4:30 p.m. and told me it would take 6 hours (!!!) to install the 4 faucets but that I would be charged overtime only after 6 - as a courtesy! We spoke with Mary Jo again who told us that her boss had mandated that I pay overtime and had then left the office. I asked to speak with both the President and owner but, conveniently, neither was in the office. I then asked Luis to leave. So, after waiting at home all day I still have 4 faucets to install. I would strongly recommend against using Douglas Orr Plumbing.

Description of Work
Faucet replacement

Work Completed On 12/11/2019

[Member Name Removed], I was made aware of the situation last night after I saw your online review and responded that I would be in touch with you this morning. After our conversation, all I can do is offer you an apology. I met with our Service team this morning and found out what happened. We made a mistake by not scheduling this job early in the morning since it was going to take some time to finish. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Thank you - Kevin

11/04/2019

Ursula B.

Even though Ricky did not have the leak detector with him (was not informed of this in office), he was able to determine that we did not have a leak at all. It appears to be a faulty meter.

Description of Work
Checked for leaks

Work Completed On 11/01/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review. I apologize for the miscommunication for the leak detector, but I am glad that Ricky was able to determine there was no leak.

11/01/2019

Myron R.

Great. Found the problems and corrected them, No more noise.

Description of Work
Find a pipe causing a noise when faucets were turned on.

Work Completed On 10/31/2019

Thanks [Member Name Removed], glad we found the noise. Sometimes it takes a long time to find them ghost noises! Kevin

10/29/2019

Lazaro C.

These guys are very professionals, arrive on time and do amazing work. They've been my plumbers of choice for a few years now. Would recommend in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Toilet Repair

Category plumbing, water heater repair, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 10/28/2019

Thank you [Member Name Removed]. I will pass on the good news to my Service staff - Kevin B

08/19/2019

Pamela P.

Douglas Orr Plumbing sent out a technician to us, his name was Johnny and he did a wonderful job, he clarified everything for me and wrote everything for me as well, he was the nicest guy in the world, he was a shining light on a gloomy day, he was just nice and a polite fella. The lady, Mary Joe from Douglas Orr Plumbing was very informative and accommodating, she was informing me on when they were coming and always updates me on where they were. Their pricing was very fair.

Description of Work
Water Heater Installation

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 08/12/2019

07/27/2019

Mario P.

Punctual in arrival. Analyzed the issue and identified the problem and it was fixed.

Description of Work
Water heater was not working. It was due to am electrical problem.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 07/27/2019

06/27/2019

Josh G.

Matt was perfectly punctual and handled the job as I hoped. Good works hat can be trusted and is reliable is not an easy ask in Miami. So glad I have a Plumber that we can rely on. Thanks to Mary in the office as well. Her coordination and confidence in Matt had me convinced with Douglas Orr - project DON! Issue remedied.

Description of Work
Drain clog - bathroom sewer line

Work Completed On 06/17/2019

05/06/2019

Jeffrey G.

It went fine. They were on time and professional.

Description of Work
They did some plumbing work.

Work Completed On 03/06/2019

04/22/2019

Alex M.

after the Service was completed, I had no ice and the hot and cold water was backwards. I called the office and they sent another technician and he quickly diagnosed the situation and flipped the hot and cold water and found the water had never been hooked up to the fridge line.

Description of Work
Install new kitchen sink and faucete

Work Completed On 04/22/2019

08/27/2018

Andrew J.

The company ended up selling me a new garbage disposal. When installing it, they cracked the sink, which then had to be replaced.

Description of Work
Sink leak needed to be fixed

Work Completed On 05/15/2018

08/26/2018

Rachel S.

He gave honest answers to all questions concerning replacement of shower faucets and pipes. He felt it would be way to expensive to go into the condo wall to find cold water partial block. He came on time and did quality work.

Description of Work
Faucet flapper, relined shower handle threading and sink drain relined

Work Completed On 08/24/2018

08/24/2018

Ben S.

We had a slow leak in our bathroom faucet from the hot tap. First they were late. Then they broke the existing faucet when they removed it and told us the replacement we had bought didn't fit. Rather than trying to solve the problem they just left. When they left we had no faucet at all. Not even a working drain. I understand when jobs are more complicated than anticipated but just leaving after making our only bathroom sink unusable I cannot understand. Plus they tried to charge the full price! When I complained they took 10% off the labor. We paid them to have everything much worse than when they arrived. I grew up in Miami Springs and respected Douglas Orr but this is a travesty. I could never recommend this company to anyone again. The picture is what it looked like after they said they were done and left.

Description of Work
Replacing bathroom sink faucet