We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

Mermaid Engineering

Founded 2002 • With Angi since November 2014

4.4

2245 Queen Ann St

Merritt Island, FL 32952

Mermaid Engineering provides a wide range of simple to complex odd jobs for individuals or groups at residential or commercial locations. We Do NOT DO BUSINESS VIA TEXT. YOU MUST CALL . 305 942 1371 Billed by time and material. charge

10/15/2020

Lori K.

Very responsive to our needs and messages.....fixed my drain issue that we could not fix on our own...we will definitely rehire for future projects.

Description of Work
Drain Cleaning

Category drain cleaning

it's a pleasure to be able to help you in a time of need please keep us in mind for the future and visit our website mermaid - engineering.com

09/17/2018

Melanie K.

Hired over a month ago, estimate said all materials included. Not so.! I had to purchase all the paint and to date, still not finished!

Description of Work
Drywall replaced and painting.

Category drywall, woodworking, interior painters, doors

08/04/2018

Kyle U.

Horrible doesn't even begin to describe it. Where do I start? Did a good job taking the railing down and being flexible with dates. Then it all went bad. He miscut a $40 oak board right off the bat. Had to redo several hours of work (being paid hourly) because he couldn't even measure the space between spindles. I was even willing to sacrifice quality and poor workmanship just to get it done so my family could move back in. I let him cut off the spindles and sand / stain the plate. For the half he has done, spaces between spindles range between about 1.5 to 3 inches (see attached pic for an example). The structural integrity is ruined and now I have to find someone to attempt to recover the entire railing system (about 30' in total length) so my one year old son can safely stay in our house. It's likely a complete loss and going to cost me thousands, on top of the 20 hours he implored me to pay him for. Disrespect for my property - blaring music, cigarette butts galore, just being a slob altogether. Inviting random people to stop by my home without permission. Drinking on the job - yes, I saw the half a six pack in the fridge. Complete abandonment of his work. I could go on and on about this clown. I have no idea what all these other folks have had him do, but I wouldn't pay this guy to take out my garbage

Description of Work
Railing disassemble / reassemble

Category handyman service, woodworking

I'm sorry that you didn't get what you expected from me, I hope there is a way I could make you happy but the truth is that I can't be perfect on every job . The epoxy I requested to install your abused staircase was Never purchased or used because cost was a major issue to you. The fact that you changed your start and finish date to expedite the job while several other workers continued to handle your hand rail every time that they went up and down the stairs may be a majority in the reason for the structural integrity to be lost. I am truly sorry I didn't please you . God bless you and your family.

06/24/2018

Arvind J.

Excellent!!!! When I first heard how much the hourly rate was, it was a little higher than average, but what an excellent job on all projects!! He made my bathroom look like new and got to the source of all problems. Knew exactly what he was doing and very very efficient. Never charged me for hours he was waiting on things - like paint to dry etc. In the end he found the cheapest way of fixing the problems. My deck looks brand new, and sturdy - will last a few years. Most importantly he was so trustworthy! I’d leave him at home and when I got back all the work would be done. I’m also extremely cautious with who I let in the house because I have foster kids, but he treated my daughter like his own. Built her a swing and me a hammock for free too. Great guy this Paul! Highly recommended.

Description of Work
I had a whole bunch of issues with the house. Leaks, deck was rotted out in a few areas, water in basement from the downstairs bathroom, and several other issues.

Category drywall, handyman service, woodworking, house painters, doors, drain cleaning

Thank you for the opportunity to help you with so many different types of projects and your very kind words. Please let me know if you need anything else. God bless.

05/21/2018

Ginny F.

He came very quickly and found my main water line was leaking. I am hiring him to replace a water faucet next and will write a review on his pricing and quality of work. If it this is an indication of his work I would highly recommend call this handyman!

Description of Work
Thought I had a bad water heater

Category handyman service, drain cleaning

Thank you for your kind review , I am glad when I can save my clients money.

05/17/2018

Todd B.

It was an awesome experience. I needed help to get my 35 foot Sailboat from Maderia Beach to Ft Myers Beach, FL. Paul Wilkerson came down to Madeira Beach and we boarded my boat. He immediately noticed a few things that needed attention. So before we even left, he climbed up the mast to fix some wiring. He also checked out other systems. We left Maderia Beach on a Saturday morning. We dropped anchor in Venice that night. Then the next day we hit lots of bad weather before arriving in Ft Myers Beach FL. He was giving me sailing instructions the whole time. He knows how to handle a boat in rough seas and made me feel safe. Also I learned a lot from him. We tore a mainsail on the way in, and he also helped with getting that to a repair facility. I would say that was above and beyond the call of duty. I would recommend Paul to anyone who needs to have a boat moved. In fact when I move the boat to the keys, I will call on his services again.

Description of Work
Sailboat delivery and instruction

03/16/2018

Charisse L.

They did a great job. Julie in particular was very focused and aimed to please the customer. They were very enthusiastic and professional. I would definitely use them again. They were top notch and I would highly recommend them as well.

Description of Work
They cleaned my house and did some errand running. They also did some repairs around the house as well.

Category handyman service, house cleaning, errand service

01/27/2018

Charisse L.

Paul was very professional and courteous. Work was performed in a timely manner. I would definitely utilize his services in the future. My son is very happy with his Portable kitchen island!

Description of Work
Kitchen island assembly

Category handyman service

Thank you very much for your business.

12/17/2017

Jeff W.

Paul was very easy to work with and is professional to the core. His responsiveness and communications are excellent, and he delivered quality work at the estimate he provided. He is also a very nice guy, and I look forward to working with him on future projects no doubt.

Description of Work
Minor electrical wiring repair and installation of a new lighting fixture and wiring in the basement storage area.

01/12/2017

Kimberly W.

Way above average. We are very satisfied with his skill-level and competence.

Description of Work
Over three years, we have employed Mermaid Engineering to provide handyman services ranging from electrical work to carpentry and painting. For example, he has built IKEA furniture, troubleshooting electrical light failure, built a dining bench, and refinished our outdoor teak furniture. All the work was completed, done very well, in a short period of time. We plan to hire Mermaid Engineering again - and recommend that you do the same!

09/26/2016

Joanne P.

A pleasure He showed up on time, assessed the situation, went to get supplies, and came back and got it done.

Description of Work
Custom make and install screens on 2 windows. Custom make and Install a drainage system for my A/C unit on porch. Hang utility hooks.

Category handyman service

We really enjoy keeping our customers happy so we can continue a safe , responsible , reasonably priced service that will continue to gain our clients trust , confidence and repeat use of Mermaid Engineering's Handyman/property management services . God bless you. Sincerely , Paul Wilkerson

09/25/2016

Samantha L.

I owned a bar in a historic building that constantly had issues. he has done everything from building bar tops to building seating areas Plumbing and putting in and ice maker painting and building a whole entire liquor cabinet. As well as he works extremely fast but it is still amazing quality. he always work within my budget and would have warned me ahead of time if I was going to go over budget and offer me other routes.

Description of Work
Extremely reliable. Works very efficient and always has a solution to any situation. I don't think there is anything he can't do.

Category handyman service

Thank you very much for your compliments. Working for you was a true pleasure and I hope to work with you again in the future. Your Key West bar was one of the best ever established on the island.

09/19/2016

Kristina J.

Was on time. Examined what needed to be done. Left for work by time was home work was just finishing up. Best clean up job by a contractor I have seen to date!

Description of Work
Fixed and painted deck

Category handyman service

Thank you for you business , I hope you have many enjoyable memories on your deck .

09/01/2016

Wendy K.

Recently Paul transformed my old attic space into a beautiful master bedroom with an ensuite/private bathroom which has a custom window built in! In addition he added much needed storage space and a show stopping light fixture at the entrance! He is professional, knowledgeable and very creative! His skill level for plumbing, electrical and construction exceeds all expectations! I would highly recommend him for virtually any type of job for home or business. It is evident that he is a professional and takes pride in his work. You can definitely hire him with confidence! It's great to find someone who is so reliable and competent!!

Description of Work
Remodeled and updated attic used for storage and turned it into modern bedroom with private bathroom

Category handyman service

Thank you very much Ms. [[Member Name Removed]], I truely enjoyed working on your home and hope you continue to enjoy your new bedroom and bathroom for a life time.