Sun Plumbing

Founded 1974 • With Angi since June 2007

820 E Seminole Ave

Melbourne, FL 32901

Additional Address - 820 E Seminole Ave, Melbourne, FL 32901, (321) 725-2460. Award winning. 24hr emergency service available....

02/08/2022

Anne W.

They are very prompt as well and professional

Description of Work
Plumbing

10/26/2020

Gina R.

Sun Plumbing is the BEST and I would recommend for any and all of your plumbing needs! They are professional, courteous, trustworthy and always go above and beyond to help. Truly a pleasure to deal with and you can feel confident that the job is done right. Thank you Steve and Al for making our plumbing challenges such a positive experience!

Description of Work
New construction - all plumbing !

Category plumbing

Thank you so much for your kind words. We appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us - and we agree, Steve and Al are excellent. We count ourselves lucky for customers like you and look forward to serving her again in the future.

02/28/2020

Linda M.

They are excellent, they respond quickly, they explained the process and recommend helpful options and they went above and beyond.

Description of Work
They repaired a leak on the wall.

02/20/2019

Robert T.

Sun no longer provides this service.

Description of Work
Septic tank pumping

Category septic tank

10/05/2018

Christine F.

They were excellent, i called them after hours for a family emergency, they were professional and timely, reasonable price. They came fully prepared to do the job right the first time.

Description of Work
Emergency plumbing service to the refrigerator water supply

05/06/2018

Paul R.

Had an issue at midnight Friday night before we were hosting a birthday party at noon Saturday. Called at 8:00 am and asked if someone could get out by 10:00 am. The person who answered took my information, and said she'd be able to help. She called back promptly and said Mark was on his way. Mark was very professional, evaluated the situation, and was able to remove the blockage by going though the vent stack on the roof. The cost was very reasonable and the whole process was professional. You couldn't ask for more from a plumbing service. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Resolved water back-up in spare bath

Category plumbing

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I will pass your kind words on to Mark and his manager. Thanks for choosing Sun as your plumber!

08/02/2017

cory J.

Bill Holler responded to our emailed question within an hour (3:16pm). He replied that different waste management systems have different rules and he would research the issue and get back to us. By noon the next day we had a reply that the check valve was not permitted by ordinance. While we will have to address the issue in a different manner, I really appreciate the responsiveness of Sun Plumbing and will certainly keep their # handy.

Description of Work
We were looking to install a 1-way check valve to keep rats from coming up the main sewer line.

Category plumbing

Thank you for your kind words. I will pass this along to Bill and Steve, the owner. Thanks again for contacting Sun.

07/05/2017

Larisa C.

Not good. Awful, just awful. Sun Plumbing, absolutely irresponsible, rude. They’re the worst. They didn’t know how to do it, did a horrible job, overcharged me. I had to phone for them to come and fix something and they didn’t. It was just an awful experience. I paid $590 in one day and it was absolutely wasted money. I had to call somebody else and they didn’t want it so that was a saga.

Category plumbing

Ms. [Member Name Removed], I am sorry you were not satisfied with your service from Sun. Our tech went to your house to install your owner supplied bidet and parts. Since Sun did not supply any of the parts, we can not warranty them. Some of the bidet parts were defective which caused you to get replacements. Again, Sun can not do that for you as the parts did not come from us. Next, you wanted the water in the bidet to shoot up 1.5 feet over the bidet rim. Bidets are not made to shoot water up that high above the rim and could not be done with what you supplied our plumber to install. We came to your house a couple of times, for free, to try and make you happy. I'm sorry our attempts failed. I hope you are able to find a plumber that can satisfy all your needs. Thank you for giving us a chance.

05/31/2017

Russell B.

Everything went amazing. While cleaning the septic tank, there was a mishap and the company took full responsibility. I was pretty impressed with the level of customer service.

Description of Work
Fixed 2 toilets that were leaking, a leak in the wall, and found some other pin hole leaks, cleaned out pipes and septic tank.

05/25/2017

Karen H.

They did a good job. There was controversy between the insurance company. Conflict on who did what. When they did things, they would not confer with me or tell me what they were going to do. Paul, the man in charge seemed to be very nice.In negotiations and everything, he was always very kind. He was a nice man. We called in June, and they couldn't come until August. If there is a mammoth job, and they are the only ones to do it. I learned the insurance company pays for the restoration, not the plumbing. I did not know this as an home owner.

01/30/2017

Georgia B.

They did a good job. I’ve got to get them over here pretty soon too.

Description of Work
I used Sun Plumbing. I had a new hot water heater put in.

01/30/2017

Georgia B.

It wasn?t very much. We had a big leak in the garage and I thought it was the hot water heater, but it was not. They fixed it. Was very fast. The guy was so nice when he came in. He said, ?do you have a telephone directory!? I hardly ever use a telephone directory, but I happened to have one. He looked in the Yellow Pages, and he said, ?there should be a coupon in here!? He even found the coupon and gave us a discount.

Description of Work
We used Sun Plumbing. What they came for was the hot water, but it wasn’t the hot water that was the problem. It was the water softener.

Category plumbing,water heater repair,water softeners

09/20/2016

Marcia K.

Horrible. We have been using them since the 1970s in at least 3 homes and they werealways great. This time the technician did nothing but charge me $60. And I had to wait 3 days for an appointment.

Description of Work
Shower and toilet backing up

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

Ms. [Member Name Removed], I am sorry to hear that you didn't have a good experience with Sun. Let me give you an explanation as to why you were charged a diagnostic fee. Whenever a house is backing up the first thing the plumber must do is find out where the stoppage is located. Doing that saves the customer time and money. Upon arriving at your house, the technician went about finding the location of the stoppage by testing all fixtures with water to make sure they were draining, flushing the toilets with paper many times, filling up the kitchen sink and draining it and running the washer and draining it. During this process, which took approximately 45 minutes, the technician could not find a back up. Our techs are trained to be honest and up front so he advised that there was not a drainage problem in your house at that time. Normally we would charge our hourly rate plus a service charge. But since you are a loyal customer we only charged you the diagnostic fee (that gave you a 50% discount). Again, I am sorry you were not happy with your service. I hope you will consider us again in the future should you have a plumbing problem.

06/15/2016

leslie F.

They were super! They paid attention to every last detail as they worked and in preparation of the job itself.

Description of Work
Installed new septic tank and drain fill.

Category septic tank

04/15/2016

Diane K.

Excellent & prompt service. Friendly and efficient technician. Very, very fast work & super duper price. Will definitely use them for all my plumbing needs in the future.

Description of Work
Repaired copper pipe leaking under the slab.

04/12/2016

Leigh C.

When our old water heater started to leak, I called Sun and scheduled service for a replacement. The appointment was scheduled for two days out. However, the next morning, they called and said that they could come out now if that was okay. I was thrilled. Of course, I said "yes!". The new install was done very quickly. They cleaned up the water in the garage that had leaked from the old one (It was a mess!!) and loaded up the old heater to haul it away. We had hot water again before lunch! Based on my experience, I whole-heartedly recommend Sun Plumbing.

Description of Work
Replace water heater

Category plumbing,water heater repair,water softeners

03/31/2016

Terry K.

We were having an inside problem that we were told was probably septic related since the house sat vacant for so many years. Sun Plumbing came out the 1st day, located the septic tank but was unable to access due to no opening in lid. They had to come back the next day with the proper tools to cut a hole. According to the technicians, the tank did not look bad but they went ahead and drained what was there. They were very personable and professional. We had no issues with them. My issue came when I contacted the company the next day and indicated I was not given the Angie's list discount. I was told I could have been charged more for something that was provided (don't remember exactly what the female stated). However, I was charged $160.00 service call for each day they came out. I was told the 1st $160 would be applied to whatever work was performed. I did not realize I was going to be charged another $160.00 until after the fact and should have argued it. It is NOT our fault that the technicians did NOT have the proper tools on their truck to cut open the lid and had to make a second trip.

Description of Work
Located septic tank, cut hole in lid and drained.

Category plumbing,septic tank,sewer cleaning

Can you provide us with more information? I can not locate you in our system - either by address or name and we do not offer an Angie's List discount. Are you sure you have the correct company? Thank you.

03/06/2016

Michael L.

Went smoothly. Have used them for years for various projects - always satisfied.

Description of Work
Snaked a drain at clean out

Category plumbing,sewer cleaning,drain cleaning

03/01/2016

John C.

I initially called them but they could not come out until the evening. So I began to call other plumbers and no one could come out until later in the week. We were without water. Sun Plumbing called me back and stated that they found a crew I could come out quickly. Stated they did not want us without water. They dug up and replaced the line, placed back the landscaping very neatly, and cleaned up after themselves. The two men were very courteous and professional. Have used them in the past and will continue to use them in the future. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
Another contractor had run over our main water line to our house and it burst. Sun Plumbing replaced and repaired the line from the meter to the house.

Category plumbing,water softeners

02/23/2016

CAROLYN H.

Repairman was punctual and professional at all times. He replaced the intake valve at the base of the toilet; most of the charge was for service/ labor. He also checked the main water valve for my house, and explained that it was in good working order. When I asked, he explained to me how to shut the water off in the event of an emergency. He did not charge me for checking the main water valve. The repairman checked the toilet intake valve in my second bathroom (at no charge) also. I will definitely use Sun Plumbing again!

Description of Work
Repaired intake valve at lower base of toilet.

Category plumbing,water softeners,home remodeling

02/01/2016

Leslie M.

They were just totally perfect. The bathroom remodels were really good. I'd grade them A plus.

Description of Work
They did two bathroom remodels for me two different times. Other than that, just minor stuff.

Category home remodeling

02/01/2016

Leslie M.

I think they're a great plumbing company. They're a big company and they're expensive but they do a good job. I've always been happy with them until this last time. My pump stopped pumping, no more bubbles in the Jacuzzi. It's just awful. They came and took the pump out and tried to tell me it's going to cost two grand to fix it. So I went and got the pump back and went to a local pump company to change the capacitor and for 60 bucks, it was fixed. It makes you wonder. They did come out and take the pump put and I had them install it again. I'd still give them an A. They're good people. This is the only time I have gone "what the heck is going on here" and they said they don't work on pumps. My thought process was; why didn't you tell me it was the capacitor, somebody else told me. Actually the guy that came that was going to put it back in not working, he said I don't understand this it seems to be the capacitor, that's a cheap part and we just need to get that changed. That is what made me take it to the plumber and sure enough that's what it was. I think it was a fluke that I heard it from the employee, not the way I would have expected it. I've used them for years and it's been topnotch. When our hot water heater flooded the garage, they were here right away. They're very responsive and quick. When you're really in trouble, they're right there.

Description of Work
I have used them a couple of times. The last time was to repair my Jacuzzi.

Category pool cleaners

01/22/2016

Michael J.

Arrived early, first thing instead of an afternoon appointment. Removed the old hot water heater which was leaking. Installed the new heater plus overflow tank. Made sure all was well and then also installed a new faucet in the kitchen. Checked all work before they left. Nice job, clean and professional. Justin did a great job. Would definitely recommend SUN to anyone. High quality Rheem hot water heater installed, one price... not by the hour. Great service overall!

Description of Work
Installed gas hot water heater and kitchen faucet

01/15/2016

Susan G.

Not the fault of the appliance and no one wanted to admit that the installer did not do it properly. Tried another plumbing service and the problem continued. They were a recommendation from a lovely lady in my small christian group. Listen to your sisters!

Description of Work
Fixed the unfixable leak in the dishwasher.

01/04/2016

Patricia M.

They were very punctual, professional, and friendly -- a pleasure to deal with. My only complaint is that the new tank is green instead of white, but it's in the garage so I'll just try not to look at it much!

Description of Work
Replaced a leaking hot water tank.

Orbit Water Solutions

Orbit Water Solutions has been in the business of water for over 70 years and will continue to be in business once the current Covid-19 virus situation is under control. We are practiced and trained to adhere to all CDC recommended protections. We are a family owned business; your home is our home. We are considered an essential business and we are ready to help you with your home water needs NOW. If you wish to wait, we highly recommend you call us and get on our schedule now for the near future. It is our objective to educate our neighbors on the quality of their water and assist them in choosing the most effective way to make their home a pure water environment.

Burton Plumbing

We are a family owned and operated plumbing company. We offer full service plumbing. We have 23 years of experience in residential and commercial settings. Burton Plumbing take care of all your plumbing needs. From replacing a toilet to repiping your house we are there! We offer a variety of services from residential to commercial, remodels to water heater replacement, water repipes and cast iron replacement, we are there for it all! Our goal and main concern is to provide the best plumbing and customer service. We offer discounts for seniors, veterans, and first responders.

Water Guys

CONVENTIONAL SOFTENERS--WHOLE HOUSE TREATMENT--IRON TREATMENT--SULFUR TREATMENT--WHOLE HOUSE REVERSE OSMOSIS--WE DO IT ALL . An expert does your water testing and gives you his opinion of what you need and a price. Water tests are always free unless we are doing bacteria and then there is a minimal charge. Every person you meet is an owner, a water professional. We base our company on service and the idea everyone deserves to be treated as we would like to be treated. Our water professionals know your area because that is where they live and specialize. NEVER A SERVICE CHARGE AND NICE PEOPLE TOO

Offers by Water Guys on Angi

CFC057934
    State of Florida Department of Professional Regulations
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Residential and commercial Plumbing, drain cleaning, remodeling - kitchen and bathroom, sewer cleaning, water heaters & softeners.

We no longer offer septic services or installations.