FLOORS DIRECT

Founded 1995 • With Angi since June 2007

3770 W NEW HAVEN AVE

Melbourne, FL 32904

Floors Direct is one of Florida's top flooring retailers. We offer wood, laminate, carpet, tile and area rugs. We are a large stocking dealer and we also import these products and sell them directly to the end user saving them lots of money. Installation is also offered at a direct price so be sure to come and see us before making any purchase. Mention Angie's List for a 10% discount on your next purchase....

01/13/2021

Jerry M.

The whole process went very well. Joan was our sales rep, and she was always available for questions and was instrumental in our choice of flooring for our home. The installation crew was very experienced and did a great job. We couldn't be happier with the result, and would absolutely recommend Floors Direct for your flooring needs.

Description of Work
Install porcelain tile in living room, dining area, Florida room and master bedroom

05/16/2020

Jerry M.

It was great working with Joan Abbott initially to pick out the flooring that we wanted. They have a lot of choices in their showroom. When the time came for installation, Alex did a great job and we receive quite a few compliments on our floors. We would definitely go back to Floors Direct with any future needs.

Description of Work
Porcelain tile throughout home

05/21/2017

Ruth S.

Excellent. Our interactions with the sales staff, installation and follow-up were all very positive experiences. In all cases we found employees to be knowledgeable, professional, courteous and helpful. Also. we had an occasion to deal with the owner, Kent. It was evident to us that he placed our satisfaction with the services and product at his highest priority.

Description of Work
Purchase and installation of: wood; tile; carpeting for all the flooring in our home.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

04/22/2016

Karen A.

Description of Work
I had my beach house's floors replaced with high quality laminate flooring that looks like driftwood colored oak planks. I was very pleased with punctuality, level of professionalism, quality of work and great communication. They were there when they said they would be, did quality work and finished when promised. | |They forewarned me that in a lot of older homes a new sub-floor is required. ( I thought to myself "here we go...") but much to my surprise, they told me the subfloor was in fine condition and didn't need to be replaced. I find that level of honesty is hard to find in today's market.

04/10/2016

Heather S.

Fantastic! Our salesman was Stan, and from the moment we walked in the front doors he was nothing but helpful. He wasn't an annoying salesperson, rather was helpful and informative and gave us our space to shop and talk over our options. We told him our budget and he did an excellent job keeping us within those parameters and explaining the pros and cons out of selections. I loved that we could take home the large samples; we ended up taking home six and putting them throughout our house in all different lighting. We ultimately chose an acacia engineered hardwood and were booked for installation quickly. The installation was completed by Howard Evarts and try were just as awesome. They recommended Mark join the installers and that made all the difference, since he has so much experience with hardwoods. They were all punctual, polite and VERY hardworking. I had to force them to take breaks and eat food! I would recommend them a hundred times over.

Description of Work
Sold engineered hardwood and completed install.

09/25/2015

Lewis L.

Very good. This was the third job these folks did for us. Their installers, Howard Evarts, are very good. They did all three rooms for us including two with wood/laminate flooring and this one with a glue down low pile carpet. We have one more room and will use this company again.

Description of Work
Carpet in porch/screen room

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

02/25/2015

Allen C.

We had previously installed wood flooring in our family room about 2 years ago. We purchased the flooring from Floors Direct and we decided we liked the flooring so much, we wanted to install it in other rooms in our house. We went back to Floors Direct to see if we could get the same flooring as we originally purchased 2 years ago and were told it was available in the same color, but in a slightly different pattern (it is a hand scraped engineered hardwood, but with slightly less chatter). After we took a sample home and compared it with our existing floor, we determined it was a good enough match. We then had Floors Direct send their measurement person out to verify the quantity of flooring needed and subsequently placed the order. Typically, according to Floors Direct, it takes approximately 14 days from order (when the material is not in stock and has to be ordered) to completion of installation. We ordered the material on 3 January, so we were expecting the job to be complete by 17 January. We got a call from Floors Direct on the following Monday indicating the material had to be delivered from California, so it might take longer than the 2 weeks. Floors Direct stayed on top of it, contacting the supplier several times to verify the delivery date and keeping us informed along the way. Once the delivery date was confirmed, Floors Direct put us on the installation schedule so we could make the necessary preparations for the installation (moving furniture, removing base cabinets in the kitchen, etc.). The installers showed up on time and completed the installation ahead of the modified schedule (tear out of the old ceramic tile began on 19 January and installation of the new wood flooring was completed on 21 January). Overall, we are very pleased with Floors Direct in their actions to get the material we wanted in a timely fashion and keeping us informed along the way.

Description of Work
Furnished all materials to install approximately 750 sf of engineered wood floor.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

11/16/2014

Laura A.

The flooring arrived quickly. I was able to choose a date for install to my liking. The subcontractors arrived on time and called when they were going to be late. They had a group of installers....all very friendly and professional. The install was efficient as they were done in two days. The job was removal of old carpet and baseboards and install of ~ 1000 sq. feet of laminate and new baseboards. Brent was my contact at Floors Direct. He is very helpful and knows the product. Note, they use a contractor to do the measurements prior to the purchase. The contractor showed when planned. This cost is $35 out of pocket. If you purchase from FD, the money is returned after completion of the job. I received my check promptly after completion. I will return to Floors Direct in the future when I am ready to install tile in my other rooms.

Description of Work
Floors Direct has the hardwood flooring of choice. They arranged the subcontractors that installed the laminate flooring and the baseboards.

Category carpet installation, ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

08/09/2014

BARBARA S.

The crew was punctual, professional, careful of my walls, provided information on how to best protect the floors. I was pleased with their work.

Description of Work
moved furniture , tore up the old carpet, laid the vapor barrier, laid the cushion, installed laminate floors, & put in new mopboard trim and moved furniture back into the rooms..

05/31/2014

Jane K.

The installation was fine; however, I might be going back to them because the porch carpet seems to snag and I'm not happy with the material.

Description of Work
Floors Direct re-carpeted two rooms and a porch.

Category carpet installation

We will contact this member to schedule a time to inspect the carpet and address this concern. This is an issue that needs to be addressed.

04/30/2014

Lewis L.

This is the second time I have used these folks. First, they did laminate flooring in my living room and linoleum in the kitchen. I was very pleased with the price and the work done by their installers (a separate contracted company). So, I went back to them to continue to redo the flooring in the house. - - when I first went to Floors Direct, I had shopped around the area and found these folks to my liking for both price and availability of the flooring that we wanted. We will use them again.

Description of Work
New Laminate floor in small bedroom.

04/02/2014

peggy L.

Clay was very helpful in helping us to decide which flooring to go with. He was able to order a similar flooring at less than what we were considering at less cost. There were so many choices, but we were given samples to bring home to see how it looked in our home's lighting, and that helped us to decide which one we wanted. We had to change the installation date to a day later, but that was no problem at all. The installers arrived right on time, went straight to work, and were done with half the day left. I thought it would take them the entire day, but they said they had another job to go to from ours! We actually had some materials left over which we received a refund check for a few days later, so we were very pleased over all with the company and the installers. We would hire this company again, for sure!

Description of Work
We had laminate flooring installed in our combined living room and dining room area.

02/07/2014

mary S.

they were very helpful. I had gone in wanting wood floor which was more expensive but I have dogs that sometime have problems wetting the floor.They let me know how to take care of the flooring to let me make an informed decision, even though I ended up spending much less. I still got the best service. When I go to get the rest of the house done, I will definatly go back to them.

Description of Work
bought tile for 1 room and it was also installed

11/11/2013

Lewis L.

Based on my measurements, his estimate was very close to what the final costs were after he sent a man to do the real measurements. They had the laminate we chose in stock but had to order the linoleum. The contractors arrived on schedule, and did the living/dining area on a Monday, then came back on Wednesday to do the kitchen. All went quickly and efficiently. The men were courteous and professional and did the work faster than I had expected. Both the store, it's salesman and the men sent out to do the installation were all great to work with. I plan to go to them at a later date to carpet two bedrooms.

Description of Work
We needed wood/laminate flooring for living/dining room and linoleum/tile for kitchen. We visited several local stores and due to Angie's List reports and personality, helpfulness, prices and products offered by Floors Direct we decided to buy here. We visited the store several times to shop, ask questions and decide on just what we wanted. We were helped by Steven and he was up front all the way, calculating prices each time we thought we'd found what we wanted.

07/31/2013

Lori S.

A very professional job. The house was rented out at the time, and it was difficult to coordinate with renter regarding measurements, etc. This delayed the installation. But once obtained, the installation was started and completed as agreed. Everything was cleaned up afterwards, and the result was excellent! The installer (Jose, I think was his name) can I highly recommend.

Description of Work
Removed wall-to-wall carpeting in whole house. Replaced with floor tiles. Floor tiles in outdoor patio. Replaced shower pan/tiles and wall tiles in master bath.

07/15/2013

Paul F.

Home Depot (Vero Beach) employee measured prior. He was on time and knowledgeable and explained in detail. Pad and carpet were installed by contracted installation group who were excellent in every way. We are happy with every individual at every step frm sales through instalation.

Description of Work
Measure and install new pad and wall to wall carpeting in 3BR/2BA condo.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

04/06/2013

mary S.

We worked with Steve, who gave great advice, He went over all our options and answered all our questions. When it came time for the installation of the ceramic tile, the crew that came out was prompt, polite and very professional the whole time they were here. The cleaned up everything before they left. The installation is beautiful. Will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
replaced flooring in bedroom and bathroon

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

03/28/2013

Phyliss & Terry W.

They were decent. The man that ran the crew advised me that he could quote me on a few extra spots we needed done. They never got back with me for the quote, then his worker quoted me a really high price for something he said was going to be easy to do. Two of the three crews I had from them were good, but I was not happy with the last set of people they had sent out as they were unresponsive and did not answer my questions. They did clean up though and took care of the old rug I was no longer needing. I just was not impressed that they did not get back with me about the extra work I asked them to do.

Description of Work
They put all of our laminate flooring in for a small room and two walk in closets.

Category flooring contractor

We spoke with (member name removed) and learned that she was not upset with Floors Direct, but had a problem with one of the independent contractor’s helpers whom she had asked about having some additional work done. This work was not discussed with Floors Direct and therefore we were not aware of the additional work that was requested. Upon learning of this issue Floors Direct contacted (member name removed) and got her in touch directly with the contractor. They will now contact Floors Direct and the independent contractor once she is ready for the work to be performed.

02/13/2013

Mary P.

They were very helpful. We have used them twice. Connie is very and very helpful

Description of Work
They installed our bedroom floor

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor, hardwood floor

02/01/2013

John F.

Good advice from Connie, beautiful floor installed by a professional crew. The guys were prompt, polite, and neat. They didn't miss a thing. The finish work is great - real craftsmen.

Description of Work
Purchase abd installation of Armstrong Grand Illusion laminate flooring in all carpeted areas - about 1,500 square feet.

01/29/2013

Myrna R.

Floors Direct had the lowest installation price and reasonably priced tiles. The saleslady was very helpful and professional. The installers were punctual, friendly and efficient. I'm happy with the end results.

Description of Work
Installed ceramic tile flooring throughout living areas of house.

12/15/2012

John F.

Connee was great in providing advice, estimating and handling sale of laminate flooring. Flooring was priced right and loaded wirhout problem. Returned excess - again with no problem.

Description of Work
Provide guidance on laminate floor purchase.

11/19/2012

Allen E.

We were helped by Connie who was very knowledgeable and helpful. The only downside was the lack of selection of colors.All colors in store are nuetral with no bold colors available. Installation guys were great.

Description of Work
carpeted one bedroom and restretched another bedroom carpet.

Category carpet installation

11/06/2012

george C.

WE STOPPED BY FLOORS DIRECT ON MONDAY THE 29TH AND MET WITH CONNIE. WE GAVE HER A PRICE RANGE WE NEEDED TO BE IN. SHE WAS ABLE TO MEET OUR PRICE NEEDS AND GET THE CARPET INSTALLED THE SAME WEEK AS WE NEEDED TO GET BACK TO OHIO. THE INSTALLERS WERE ON TIME AND DID A GREAT JOB , CLEANED UP THERE MESS AND VACUUMED BEFORE LEAVING. WE WOULD USED DIRECT FLOORING AGAIN.

Description of Work
WE PURCHASED WHOLE HOUSE CARPETING + INSTALATION.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

05/18/2012

Larry M.

Floors Direct installed Florida Tile high definition porcelain tile in our dining room and living room. The price per square foot for the tile and installation was very competitive. The tile was ordered and ready for installation in just a few days, and the installers arrived to do the installation within a day or two. We were pleased with the installation in the living room, but there was a problem with the dining room. We got in touch with the store, and we were told that the store owner, Kent Copeland wanted to come to our home and look at the installation. Upon examination, Mr. Copeland agreed to replace the tile at his expense. Mr. Copeland kept us apprised of the delivery status. He checked with us during the installation and again when the installation was completed. We were extremely pleased with the end result. For any future flooring needs, we will definitely go back to Floors Direct.

Description of Work
Floors Direct provided tile and installation services for my dining room and living room.

Category ceramic tile, flooring contractor

RGF Services - Tile Renovations

RGF All Services, LLC values not only precision and high quality work, but doing all we can to make our customers 100% happy with what we have to offer! We take the time to meet your home needs to make your vision a reality. RGF All Services, LLC has 21 years of expertise in bathroom renovations, kitchen backsplashes, ceramic/stone fireplace installation, and floor installation (tile, vinyl, and wood). With your trust in us, we will work together as a team to make your home how you imagined it!

ENB General Services

We are a Family owned and operated tile installation company based in Brevard County, Florida. Licensed & Insured PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATIONS OF: -Flooring -Bathrooms -Backsplash -Accent Walls We pride ourselves in quality , efficiency and cleanliness. FREE ESTIMATES Enbgeneralservices.com

VICTOR DEMICK TILE INC

I am A 2nd generation tile contractor with 45+ yrs in the tile & marble industry. I take great pride in my work and will do everything I can to make my customers happy with the finished job. There is no fee for estimates. We alway offer our customers A full contractors discount, with free delivery within our work area.I don't have A showroom ,I will refer you to one of my suppliers in the area. By keeping down my overhead I pass on that savings to my customers. .We remove old tile and any demolition that is required to complete the remodel of your home. I look forward to helping you complete your remodeling projects. I am A Honorably Discharged veteran. I served 16 months in Viet Nam as A flight engeneer on A Skycrane helicopter. I take pride in my service to our country. I also give discounts to Seniors, First Responders and Active Military. One of my passions is flying for pleasure. I have A pilots licence since 1971 Best Regards Vic Demick

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

SALE & INSTALLATION OF CARPETS, CERAMIC TILES, AREA RUGS, LAMINATE FLOORS, TILE, UNDERLAYMENT, VINYL, & WOOD FLOORING. BEST BOTTOM LINE PRICE GUARANTEED!!