The Closet Doctor

Founded 1989 • With Angi since April 2011

5199 NW 15th St Suite B5

Margate, FL 33063

The Closet Doctor Rx, a locally owned and operated business, has been serving South Florida since 1989. Whether you are looking for closet organization, office workspace, or shelving in your home’s storage area, we custom build to your needs. The Closet Doctor Rx offers quality services at a competitive price. Call to set up your free in-home design consultation and estimate today! We gladly work with all Residential Customers, Decorators, Real Estate agents, Contractors and Builders. We manufacture and build all our own cabinets, so there is NO MIDDLEMAN....

08/10/2021

Bonnie E.

Glenda & Bill (the owners) from Closet Dr designed & installed a complete closet system with drawers, shelves & hanging rods. Her design made use of every bit of space available. She took my needs & wants into consideration and the result was just what l wanted!! I love my new closet system!! The installation people were friendly, professional & neat. They left the area as clean as they found it!! The gray colored materials look great!! Virtually all of the hanging rods & shelves are adjustable which was very important to me because l am short & needed to lower the rods. I cannot say enough positive things about Closet Dr. Everything came out perfectly & their prices are very reasonable for a total custom closet system!! A big Thank You to Glenda & her team!!

Description of Work
I wanted a complete closet system designed & installed for 2 closets

09/16/2020

Lisa M.

This is the third time over the course of 15 years that we have had the Closet Dr build closets and office space in two different homes. Glenda's design skills and the builder and installers are very professional and do excellent work. Even in these difficult COVID times the were masked and took great care of my home.

Description of Work
Built in officecspace

06/04/2020

Nancy K.

I was very pleased with this company. The person that came out to give the estimate was great, and made several good suggestions that were better than what I had in mind. The installers were all very professional and did an excellent job. They cleaned up completely after the installation. Kathy was wonderful to work with, and she even called me when there was a cancellation so my closets were installed earlier than the projected date. I wouldn't hesitate to hire this company again.

Description of Work
four closets

08/21/2019

Michael F.

Excellent work and the fairest pricing of any of the estimates. Several friends also used them and everyone is happy.

Description of Work
Customized 3 closets and a pantry

06/18/2019

Barbara C.

This is the second time I have used The Closet Doctor, and again I am thrilled with the result. From a small storage/pantry/ coat closet where finding things meant hauling half the closet out, I now have a perfectly functioning closet. I love it. As before, Glenda could see what was needed, the work was done sooner than expected by absolute professions. Very highly recommended!

Description of Work
Small pantry/storage closet

06/18/2019

Barbara C.

I am so happy with the job The Closet Doctor did. I never thought my clothes would fit in my small master closet. Not only did they fit, I have room to spare. Glenda has the uncanny ability to see what would work best for me. The installation was professional and courteous. They absolutely knew what they were doing. I am now planning on doing another closet

Description of Work
Remodeled master closet

03/07/2019

Andrea U.

Glenda came out and measured our closets, the following day we met her in the showroom and picked out colors, styles and hardware. Glenda shared her drafts and in a month three men, two trucks came to install. Our two walk in closets look better than expected, they are just gorgeous & our lives are so much better organized. What we spent on shelving, we are saving on shopping, because we see what we have and don't need anything! Working with the Closet Doctors was a pleasure, and we would highly recommend!

Description of Work
Built in closets

11/02/2018

steve B.

Excellent, could not have asked for a better company, Glenda came out the day we called and did a full design plan and pricing on the first visit. She also focused on saving us money by showing us options and what types of design would avoid wasting money or space. We obtained 3 estimates from 3 companies and The Closet Doctor gave us the biggest return on our money. Her staff were on time and did a great job installing the units. They used very good quality material and proven installation methods that didn't require excessive drilling or cutting. They were knowledgeable and friendly and also quick, clean, and quiet.

Description of Work
install closet shelving systems in all three bedrooms

08/16/2018

Julie G.

Glenda is the best at helping me figure out what I need to do to maximize my closet space. Your guys are unbelievably fast in installing and everything always looks great

Description of Work
I needed to have a closet configured

07/24/2018

Bonnie Z.

Excellent. Highly recommend. They are professionals from the first appointment until the installation. There is nothing they could have done better from their communication to the quality of work. The installer provided an full explanation of how to change the shelving and that the company was always available if we needed help.

Description of Work
Closet Organizers

06/13/2017

Jason D.

From estimate to install, there was no issues. All appointments were on time. On install day the 02 man crew worked efficiently and professionally. Before leaving the job they took me on a walk through, explained the warrantee, and made sure the work area was clean. Would hire them again!

Description of Work
Large pantry Closet, 02 linen closets and utility closet

05/03/2017

Ellen S.

When the installers arrived and started the job everything was cut wrong and did not meet the baseboard or stopped at electrical outlets instead of around them. The installers agreed it looked like a homemade job. The guy in the shop Bob who handled the supplies was nasty. He said if you don't like them we will remove it and give back your money. In the end Glenda resolved the issue and the installers got new supplies and did the job the way we expected it to be done. Use this company. In the end it will be just what you want. That being said pay attention while they are working to insure you are getting what you expect.

Description of Work
We had two closets done. In the end they came out beautifully.

04/24/2017

Jeff L.

Perfect start to finish

Description of Work
This is the second time I have used the Closet Doctor and both times have been a 10. The first time I dealt with them was a few years while doing my own closets. I was short a few pieces of expresso board and could not find any company willing to sell me a few boards. Bill, the owner, took the time with me and sold me the boards needed to finish my closet. Just this week I used them again to complete some specialized cabinets and a custom bar, and just like the first time Bill delivered and installed them quicker then he promised. Not only that, I was told that the installation was easier and quicker than they anticipated and when it came time to pay he took off a few hundred dollars off the bill. What company does that? I would HIGHLY recommend this company and I plan on doing some additional work in the next few months and I will be calling the Closet DR. Use this company you will not be disappointed.

12/05/2016

Marialis L.

Great. The work was completed very quickly (earlier than expected) and after obtaining prices with various companies, they had the best price.

Description of Work
All closets.

04/09/2016

jacqueline churchill B.

See above. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Glenda came out and measured the walk in master closet. She has decades of experience and can quickly determine your needs. She does not try to sell you all the extras, just wants you to be satisfied. They are very busy, but accommodated my move in date. The closet is amazing. I could not have done this myself even if I had purchased at Home depot or IKEA etc. I checked....not worth it, and it will never be as nice as what they provided at the Closet Doctor. The workers were very polite and clean and there to answer any questions I had after installation. The installation was under 2 hours from start to finish. I now want to do my other two closets that are bending under that cheap Rubbermaid wiring.

02/25/2016

Miriam A.

The closets are beautiful,functional and easy to maintain. Wish I had this done years ago. I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Redid two closets to maximize the space

12/30/2014

Susan D.

They were excellent. Knew their stuff and how to make it work for your style.

Description of Work
Make my master bedroom closet a work of art and fully functional. Also my front coat closet and laundry room closet fully functional.

08/27/2014

Kevin F.

Very satisfied with everything about this company. Glinda showed up on time after my initial call and gave me a quote on the spot. We discussed my needs and she created a plan for me. Very accommodating to my schedule. Workers showed up right on time and everything was done perfectly. I would recommend this company. I had been researching other companies and chose this company based on my experience with Glinda initially as well as the office staff Cathy.

Description of Work
Installed shelving units in 3 closets

05/12/2014

T T.

It was a pleasure working with the team from the initial design process through to the installation. I dropped by the showroom several times and each time I was warmly received and all options were laid out for me. The installation was professionally done and the installer was punctual. He took the time to explain the terms of my warranty in case I need configuration changes in the future.

Description of Work
Installed custom shelving and hanging in entry closet.

08/14/2013

Jodi D.

Scheduling an appointment for an estimate was easy when I called the Closet Doctor RX. Glenda came out the next week to provide an estimate. She took the time to look both at the closet space and the amount / type of clothing intended for the closet. She listened to our concerns, and answered our (numerous) questions. Glenda then sketched a drawing to illustrate her ideas for the space, and showed us a portfolio of the various colors and styles from which to choose. We decided to include drawers in the closet, and Glenda made excellent suggestions to personalize the design through unique hardware options. At the end of the appointment, we scheduled the date for installation. I appreciated knowing exactly when the closet would be done. I received a reminder phone call 2 days prior to the install date, for confirmation. The installers arrived on time, and worked efficiently to complete the closet. The installers answered our questions, reviewed the warranty information, and left a beautiful closet in our home. Now my teenage daughter definitely has the best closet in our house!

Description of Work
The Closet Doctor Rx installed a customized design in my daughter's bedroom walk-in closet/

08/06/2013

Zuhre C.

Their installers were very professional and the condo we purchased had some challenges with the walls. We had too many walls that were solid concrete but the installation went without a hitch. The only weakness of their product is how they do the drawings of the closets. The drawings they submit with the proposal was too basic, like kids drawing. I had to do my own research, especially on houzz.com and give them ideas as to how I wanted the closets. I did one of the hallway closets as an additional storage for the kitchen and I got my ideas from houzz. Once I told them what I needed, it was very easy for them to implement.

Description of Work
Installed 5 closets

03/16/2013

Frank B.

These people are great. They make every effort to make sure everything is exactly the way the customer wants and needs. They listen to your specific requirements and work with you on the design until it is exactly what you want. After that they do a great installation. The clean-up is so nice you can hardly tell anyone was there. We used them at our prior home as well and have loved our closets and would definitely have them do any work we may need in the future.

Description of Work
We recently had this company install two bedroom closets, a linen closet, a hallway closet, a pantry and a set of glass front kitchen cabinets (they do closets and kitchens). They also put in all new doors on the closets and installed four new interior doors.

12/04/2012

Lawrence K.

Interviewed several companies and they were priced the best and customer service was excellent.

Description of Work
Built and installed 2 master closets and 2 bedroom closets. 4 in total.

04/11/2011

Carlton H.

She is very good. She owns the company, and she has been in the business for more than 20 years. She is very helpful. I had five people to give me estimates, and she was the one who gave me more information and suggestions. She also had better materials. She had knowledge of the functionality of closets. She knew what was the best and why that would fit that particular way. She was really good. She was very responsive, I emailed her in the night and she called me back the first thing in the morning. She was very punctual. She stayed for about 2 hours at the property. I went to her place of business to make sure she was for real. She was organized and her office was nice. She showed me her manufacturing plot. Her store has been there for number of years. I am pretty sure that I will be going with her. Even if she is more expensive I am sure it is worth going with her for few extra pounds.

Description of Work
I interactd with Glenda Cohea at Closet Doctor RX. I got a quote from her for $4000.

07/28/2008

Dorothy P.

The most important thing about this company is that they were about half as much as other companies I had contacted that were going to do the same work with the same materials! I would definitely use them again for more work in the future.

Description of Work
They organized two closets that we had. They put in racks and changed things around. This was the first time I had used The Closet Doctor. They did this work for me in May of this year.