Mr. Honey-Do

Founded 2002 • With Angi since December 2006

23110 State Rd 54 # 178

Lutz, FL 33549

We are a complete home/office repair service. We have been in business for well over 10 years. We are licensed and insured and handle your project as if it were our own. We look forward to hearing from you soon....

11/27/2021

Praveen E.

It was done very well. The crew is very professional . They finished the job as expected.

Description of Work
Installing storage cabinets in garage and overhead storeage space .

Category custom cabinets, drywall, handyman service, cabinet refacing, doors

12/10/2020

Haseeb K.

he did a good and effective job.finished it on schedule

Description of Work
drywall paint leak protection

Category handyman service

We appreciate the review. Thank you.

11/10/2020

Olympia C.

I have used Mr. Honey Do before so I was really happy that they were available to come and do the rebuild after major damage to my father's condominium. I can't speak highly enough about this company. They do what they say they are going to do when they are going to do it. There is a great attention to detail and there were recommendations that were very much appreciated and made the finished product that much better. It was such a stressful thing to see all the damage done and how much needed to be repaired, but working with Mr. Honey Do was the easiest part of the process. The job included new vinyl plank flooring, new tile flooring, painting and new bathroom cabinetry. I would recommend Mr. Honey Do and I would use them again.

Description of Work
Rebuild after water damage

Category custom cabinets, flooring contractor, interior painters

03/05/2020

Marivie G.

Farshad was very accommodating to my schedule. He came prepared and fixed the door (as well as another door and leaking sink) efficiently.

Description of Work
Front door was sticking

Category handyman service, plumbing, doors

Thank you for the feedback and the positive review.

12/05/2019

Denise L.

Farshad and his helper arrived on time and did an amazing job of cutting down the vent to fit a tight space. They had previously cut and installed a wooden beam for me on the Lanai, so I knew they very well, they proved to be skillful carpenters. They cut the wood off the neck of the chimney vent very accurately so they were so exact with their measurements that they were able to place it exactly 1 1/2 inches above the medallion and center it perfectly. The metal plate that came with the vent did not fit the area properly. It would have interfered with the Lumadome lighting fixture. So they solved the problem by cutting the metal plate back and drilling new holes in it to customize it to fit. They were very careful to protect the medallion and new cabinetry while positioning and securing it to the ceiling and wall. The exhaust fan and light weigh 76 pounds. Even as heavy as it was, they took special care to ensure it looked good in that location. I am so happy I chose Mr. Honey-Do for this job. I will definitely be using them for future projects. They are skillful carpenters.

Description of Work
Installed large hood vent over stove

Category custom cabinets, electrician, handyman service, lighting

Thank you for that amazing review. We appreciate the feedback. It was a fun project and it came out looking fantastic. We always strive to complete the projects for our customers like it’s a project in our own home. Thank you again for the opportunity.

08/26/2019

DANA H.

We were thrilled with the responsiveness, professionalism and broad expertise on a range of maintenance and repair issues provided by Farhad of Mr. Honey-Do. Proactive recommendations and guidance we received from Farhad were also greatly appreciated. We highly recommend Mr. Honey-Do.

Description of Work
We had the happy crisis of selling our home in one day, eliciting a varied list of maintenance items that required attention prior to inspection.

Category gutter cleaning, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, doors

Thank you very much for the kind words and the positive review. We are a firm believer in relationships being a huge part of our business success and are always happy to provide feedback and alternative ideas to our customers.

07/23/2019

Randall W.

Contacted company in mid June 2019, described the job, and they responded it would be mid July until they could get to it. I said OK, and then followed up the third week of July. They wanted to set up an appointment for the next week, which I said OK. Then followed up with them to confirm appointment, and they said sorry they were too busy. So I waited 6 weeks when I could have found someone else. Polite or not, it is unprofessional, and I suggest you find someone else, as this conduct probably reflects their work.

Description of Work
minor carpentry repair

Category handyman service, woodworking

As is often the case, there are multiple versions surrounding the events that took place. It is true that we had been in contact with the customer since late June (thats 4 weeks not 6 like the customer stated) but what he fails to mention is that he had a family emergency and said he would be back in touch with us when he got back in town. Fast forward to this week which was a convenient time for the customer, our schedule is currently full, which is what was communicated to the customer. We work hard to provide all of our customers with quality work and excellent customer service. These are the reasons why we have so many positive reviews on Angie's List.

04/17/2019

Bonnie R.

very well there were a few problems but he came back and corrected the issues, Mom loved him felt she was valued and I felt safe with him in her house

Description of Work
eletrical and grab bars

Category electrician, handyman service, plumbing

Thank you for the review and the opportunity to serve you and your mom. We appreciate it.

10/18/2018

Evelyn S.

Fahad, Brian, and Samuel did a fantastic job making all the repairs I asked them to do. They were very professional, respectful of my home, cleaned up any mess that they made and left my home well repaired looking beautiful again. Thank you so much Mr. Honey Do ! I will use your service again in the future.

Description of Work
I had a variety of work done by Mr. Honey Do. Most important he removed and replaced rotted fascia on the front of my home then painted it. In addition, he painted the molding around a double front door, painted the outside of my pool bathroom, painted areas of the walls that were scraped during a remodel of the tile placed around my pool, installed an air-conditioner vent that kept falling down from the ceiling in my game-room, had the carpeting in three bedrooms stretched, replaced the bulb in my garage door opener, and last but not least he replaced seven air-conditioner filters plus dusted the vents.

Category carpet installation, handyman service, woodworking, house painters, dryer vent cleaning

Thank you very much for the feedback and the positive review. Mr. Honey do

08/20/2018

Lary H.

Both were completed professionally and to the satisfaction of the homeowner.

Description of Work
Two jobs that we required; 1) installation of attic stairs in the garage; and 2) installation of book shelves in a home office.

Category handyman service

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate the feedback.

08/12/2018

Dayo J.

They showed up on time to provide a quote and I had the a good conversation with the gentleman about the services I needed. I asked for a written quote but I only received a quote via text. I decided to not make a big deal about not receiving a document or email quote. I responded that the quoted price was rather high for a rather simple set of tasks especially as compared to other contractors. I also asked for a simple sketch of the layout for a set of garage shelves. I requested this so that I would know what I was signing off on. I never received a response. This is not professional and they clearly do not care that I won't call on them again.

Description of Work
Collection of repairs to doors, walls and garage

Category handyman service

We are blessed to have a lot of customers requesting our services. I visited with this customer for a lengthy time and explain our suggestions in person , i also explain that we text our estimates . once he said our price was higher than others (and price was his main concern) I did not feel we should invest more time and effort into the project , not to mention we are not equipped to do drawings on a shelf in a garage project .

06/11/2018

Steven D.

Very well. He completed the work in a reasonable time

Description of Work
Door westherstripped and strike plate adjusted

Category handyman service

We appreciate the review. Thank you for the opportunity.

03/19/2018

Efrain R.

The work went smoothly. They did an amazing job.

Description of Work
Removal of medicine cabinet embedded on the wall, repair the hole on the wall to match existing, removal of toilet paper holder, 24 in towel bar and ring towel holder and installing three new tower holders.

Category drywall, handyman service, interior painters

Thank you for the positive feedback.

02/27/2018

John A.

From $375 to repair the drywall went up to $1525 on the day we agreed to start the project.

Description of Work
Drywall Repair

Category drywall

Our work is local. We have been providing quality repairs to our customers for nearly 15 years and this review is not how we do business nor is it a fair review of what took place. On the surface it seems like we provided a low quote to get the job only to hike up the price after getting approval. However, in an effort to be efficient and allow us to serve as many customers as possible, we asked this customer, as we do with many of our initial contacts with potential jobs, to text/email pics of the repairs. This customer texted us pictures of the repairs. We received two pictures of some minor drywall work that needed to be complete. Once we arrived the customer pointed out that he had to have some pipes replaced throughout the home. This caused drywall repairs in numerous spots throughout the house. A lot more drywall work than the original pictures depicted. That was the reason for the price change.

02/06/2018

Daniel L.

short, efficient, no drama as stated, installation was done in several hours, excellent!!

Description of Work
attic floor and steps

Category handyman service

Thank you very much for the positive review and the feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to write about your experience.

01/31/2018

Lisa A.

He was on time, friendly, and extremely helpful. He came out to give us a free quote and ended up telling us how we could do our project easily by ourselves instead! We got it done that day thanks to him and saved the money it would have cost for him to complete it. I was so thankful for his help!

Description of Work
We called them to help replace the vent fan in our bathroom.

Category handyman service

Happy to help. Thank you for the review.

10/04/2017

Jeneice S.

The company provided estimates and was very easy to work with. The work was done in a timely and professional manner. In my opinion the price was a bit high for the length of time at the work site; however, two men were here so projects were quickly completed. Quality has been rated a "B" because one of the filters lifted and required re-installation by an a/c professional who was called when a noise developed.

Description of Work
A variety of handyman and maintenance services including venting a bathroom, removing a section of pool screen protector, cleaning a gutter and exterior fans, and changing a/c filters.

Category handyman service

Thank you for the feedback and the positive review.

09/15/2017

David C.

Done well, done right. They pressure washed, sprayed sealer, caulked and painted. In addition, they noticed that squirrels had eaten some of the flashing around the vent pipes and resealed them with material that squirrels do not eat.

Description of Work
The team painted my house, which is fairly large (3300+ sq. ft). Did a very professional job and did it quickly.

Category gutter cleaning, handyman service, stucco, house painters, doors

Thank you for the nice comments. We always strive to do our best for our customers

08/28/2017

Dianne D.

Great he did a complete job and quick. Will use them again.

Description of Work
Fire battery replacement

Category electrician, handyman service

Thank you for your business and your comments.

07/20/2017

Pat L.

Their work was top quality. They did an excellent job on everything we asked them to do. They were prompt, respectful, diligent in their work. We actually asked them to do another project (install a new door) for another time. We would highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Farshad and Brian did some ceiling painting, moved a piece of heavy furniture, cleaned the gutters, fixed one set of closet doors and installed a whole another set of closet doors.

Category gutter cleaning, handyman service, hauling services, house painters, doors

We appreciate the review and all the kind words. Thanks again and we look forward to assisting you in your future projects.

07/14/2017

Dennis M.

Excellent! Farhad and his team were very knowledgeable professional timely and kept a very clean and safe workspace while there. His team goes above and beyond and are very reliable. It's rare these days to find a company that cares about the quality of their work as much as the Mr. Honey-do team. I'm calling them today for some help at my residence on things that my husband " hasn't gotten around to."

Description of Work
Pressure washing and building repairs such as small roof leak, replace weatherstripping around doors. Exterior office painting and gutter cleaning.

Category gutter cleaning, handyman service, siding, pressure washing, house painters, doors

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review. We appreciate the positive feedback. We always strive to not only meet but to surpass our customers expectations. Thank you again and we look forward to assisting you in all of your future repairs.

06/18/2017

anita L.

I contacted him on Angie's list responded promptly. Then spoke to him on the phone, wow very condescending. I am the paying customer and will not work with someone that! I'm sure he does great work because he said he was busy.

Description of Work
Multiple things, plumbing, painting, and fence work..

Category handyman service

I (Farhad) spoke to this customer and explained that our schedule was full . She wanted to make an appointment as soon as possible . I explained that paying jobs come first and the free estimates are done in between jobs as we can make time , since we do not have a sales force . I also mentioned that she was far from us and it may take a few weeks to get to her , I am sorry if she was not happy with my communication with her.

06/14/2017

Gerald H.

Good. Had to replace a wheel. Did a good job.

Description of Work
Pocket door off track

Category handyman service, doors

We appreciate the review. Thanks.

03/13/2017

Mark B.

Have not yet performed the work, but he was very pleasant and professional. Looking forward to working with him.

Description of Work
Needed quote for ceiling repair (paint and texture matching). He knew exactly how to make the repairs and explained everything clearly.

Category drywall, handyman service

Thank you for the positive review.

03/02/2017

Jimmy V.

I left a message and got a call back. Farhad said he was busy that week and if he could come out next week to provide a quote. He followed-up with a phone call on when he would be out. He came out provided me a quote and I hire him on the spot. Universal closet doors never fit 100%, so Farhad cut the track a few times to ensure they fit properly. Top notch job, quality work, and they fit and work perfect.

Description of Work
Installed closet mirror doors

Category handyman service

We appreciate the opportunity and thank you very much for the positive review.