Bath Medic

Founded 1991 • With Angi since July 2004

PO Box 911

Lutz, FL 33548

2 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the condition of surface & volume. Additional address: 18615 Barton Drive, Lutz, FL 33549-3976.

06/04/2018

cathy M.

Bath Medic is great, and this review is long overdue! I own two rental homes in the Tampa area, but I live out of state -- so it can be difficult finding honest, reliable help from afar. The first time I contacted Bath Medic, John went out to view the tub and told me he would Not be able to fix it. I was disappointed that I had to replace the tub, but I am so grateful for his honesty! When the tenant in my other property told me there were 2 cracks in the tub, I contacted John again. This time he was able to fix the tub. (There were actually 4 areas that needed repair, but John honored his quote.) My tenants were very pleased and said that the tub looked like new! John and Carol Buck are both delightful people who respond quickly and provide a great service!

Description of Work
repair cracks in bath tub

04/11/2017

Cara B.

Did excellent job, love the new look! The smell was extremely strong and did linger for a week or two but is still worth it.

Description of Work
Reglazed bathtub and old yellow/orange wall tile to white.

04/04/2017

Ron R.

The glazing peeled in less than two years and they did not warranty it. They did not even offer to see it.

Description of Work
They reglazed a bathtub.

10/31/2016

melanie C.

It went very well. They were on time, very professional and courteous and did a great job

Description of Work
bath tub and tile refinshing

01/06/2016

Luz M.

I can not say enough good things about Bath Medic,John and Carol are both wonderful people.They are very professional in their work,showed up exactly when they said they would be there ready to work.Once finished the tubs looked brand new.There was no over spray,no dust,everything was left in better shape than they found it.I could not believe how good the tubs look,better than new! I highly recommend this pair,they will do a great job and the price is very reasonable.

Description of Work
We had two old green tubs that needed to be replaced or refinished,we decided to try refinish

09/30/2015

Jorge G.

Outstanding from start to finish. Excellent work and price. John and Carol took around 2 hours to strip, clean, prime and paint Job, also replaced the old caulking. They informed me about the strong smell of the primer and paint and uses a vent and fan to the outside to minimized the strong smell inside my house. I'm very happy with John and Carol job. They are very knowledgeable of what they are doing. They explained and gave me writing instruction on how to take care of my bathtub. Excellent price, very punctual and they are people that you can trust on what they are doing. I won't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Description of Work
John & Carol refinished my 12 yrs old bathtub.

09/17/2015

Robert G.

Fantastic from start to finish! Quality work for a good price! Very easy to deal with! Always returned my phone calls! Took time to explain the process and answer all my detailed questions! I had 4 companies give me estimates to reglaze my bathroom tub and tile surround. I chose John and Carol Buck of Bath Medic because of their good price, excellent product and fantastic customer service. Prior to hiring Bath Medic, I spoke with John on multiple occasions getting a price quote and asking questions. He never responded negatively or talked down to me because I was unfamiliar with the process. He was thorough in describing what he would do and each step of the process - strip, clean, prime and paint. The project took 2 days and they arrived promptly on both days. They told me that the primer and paint does have a strong smell. They mitigated it as best they could with a vent and fan to the outside. They told me that the smell would eventually dissipate as I have the air conditioning on continuously. They worked tirelessly on the first day meticulously stripping and cleaning the tub and tile surround. On the second day they finished prepping the tub, tile and room for the spraying of the primer and paint. They took their time in applying adequate coats of the primer and the paint. As John explained it to me, they put on enough primer and paint to ensure that they cover the tub and tile completely (each job is different and may require more/less coats). They cleaned the area thoroughly and removed all of their own trash. After they finished, we gave me a sheet with care and cleaning instructions for the tub and tile (which by the way are the same instructions for brand new tubs and tiles) and spent 20 minutes discussing the instructions and answering all of my questions about what we can, can't and shouldn't do with the tub and tile and what would void their 5 year warranty (no soap left on the surface, avoid dropping bottles onto the surface, no rubber mats with suction cups). Bottom line is that my tub and tile look sparkling new! I am thrilled with the work they performed! Without hesitation I recommend Bath Medic for any of your reglazing needs!

Description of Work
Bath Medic stripped my bathroom tub and tile surround, repaired any cracks or holes in the tile/tub/caulk, primed the surfaces and applied white coating to the area.

12/10/2014

Jan T.

I knew from other Angie's list reviews and also from talking with John on the phone that this was the company to hire. John and Carol are very personable and knowledgeable about their craft, and they spend time explaining what they are doing and then how to care for your tub after they are done. We thought we would need to have the tub reglazed, but Carol cleaned the tub and John wet sanded and polished it back to nearly new. Our tub is 33 years old and probably has never been cleaned like this. I am very happy with the result and plan to maintain the tub as they suggest. It looked so good that I asked them to clean the tub in our second bathroom. I appreciate that they took the conservative route and saved us a little money. In addition, they are very responsive to phone calls and made an appointment to do the work within a week from my first phone call. They spent about 2 hours doing both tubs and cleaned up after they were done. Thank you John and Carol for an outstanding job!

Description of Work
Clean two tubs of hard water residue, wet sand the scratches, and polish both tubs.

03/19/2014

Patricia C.

Very happy with service! Took a 1970's yellow bathroom and transformed it like new! The husband and wife time were on time, did a great job and cleaned everything up after. Would not hesitate to call them again.

Description of Work
Refinish tile, tub & sink

03/10/2014

Marilyn S.

John and Carol Buck initially refinished my bath tub in late 2013. After that I installed a glass shower door. During the installation, I chipped the tub finish in more than one place. I called Bath Medic and asked them to please fix the problems I created in the tub's finish. John and Carol fixed my chipped tub and refused to accept any further payment for their work. I highly recommend Bath Medic for your surface restoration needs.

Description of Work
Bath Medic returned, at my request, to repair chips on my refinished bath tub.

02/03/2014

Terry K.

they are good people and do nice work

12/16/2013

Marilyn S.

When I called Bath Medic to schedule my bath tub work they were filled up through Christmas. I mentioned that this was our only functioning shower/bath-tub and John Buck was able to reshuffle his schedule and fit us in earlier. John called to confirm the work on the evening before the work. John, and his wife, Carol arrived on schedule and immediately went to work. Carol and John were very friendly and explained everything they were doing. They took a little more time than originally estimated because the silicone used around our tub was old. They had to put extra coats of tub coating on to compensate. This caused the curing time to go to 48 hours versus the original 24 hours. To get the extra coatings it is worth the wait. Bath Medic was very reasonable in price and the finished produce looks excellent. Time, and my wife's and my ability to properly care for the tub,will show the true worth of the refinishing. I would recommend Bath Medic for tur refinishing.

Description of Work
Refinished an old bath tub.

11/04/2013

Katherine W.

Update: I had my tub refinished a year & 1/2 ago. It now looks like it needs to be refinished again. I don't know very much about refinishing tubs but I can't get the dirt off of it and it looks like its starting to peel or chip off. I think the company did a good job for the price but the product has not held up well. They were professional and great. They were very friendly and did a good job.

Description of Work
refinished bathtub and resealed

09/23/2013

Sister Carole M B.

See above. The work IS TO BE DONE...NOT DONE...PREMATURE

Description of Work
I am having other work done which would interfere with the job he has to perform. He explained how much it would cost and to give him a week lee way once my initial job is finished. I was very impressed with his promptness and the clarification re the job to be performed. I can hardly wait for him to come. My bathroom will be done.

09/23/2013

Nancy T.

If you're looking for an alternative to replacing your tub, this is the way to go. I saw a segment on HGTV that talked about reglazing instead of pulling out your tub. I thought I really didn't want that mess, so I went with reglazing. I found the perfect team to go the job! At 9am sharp, as promised, they were here and ready to start work. They are a husband and wife team that are professional, friendly, and very talented at what they do. Our tubs look brand new and their 27 years old. Although the smell is kind of potent at first, it does clear out after a while. I'm very pleased with this team and would recommend them to anyone wanted the "easy" way to a brand new tub. The price was $200 a tub ... very well worth it. The laughs are just an extra bonus from this delightful pair!

Description of Work
glazed and refinished two bathtubs.

05/23/2013

Carl C.

Wow, our tub looks like new. John and Carol are maticulous professionals, also very informative about their product.

Description of Work
Repaired a chip in the tub and resurfaced the tub.

05/16/2012

Larry B.

John and his wife, Carol, did an outstanding job. All I could say was WOW when I went in to inspect their work. Excellent communicators and very timely. They have been doing tub refinishing for over 20 years and they know how to please their customers. We scheduled a week prior and John called when he said he would and even arrived 30 minutes early to complete the work. My wife and I are very pleased and would use Bath Medic again and will also recommend them to our friends and Neighbors.

Description of Work
They cleaned the bath tile walls, tub and bathroom floor tile. They then refinished the complete tub including 1 dime size chip.

01/19/2012

mark S.

prompt and timely..performed the job in under 2 1/2 hrs. courteous man explaining in detail what will be done. would use him again.

Description of Work
crack in shower pan and sealed grout line between tile and pan.

10/26/2011

Chad O.

Great job, great price, clean, prompt, very friendly.

Description of Work
Glazed an old cast iron sink and tub.

10/04/2011

Henry F.

It went really well. They were responsive and timely. They were very good and we had no problems so far.

Description of Work
I hired them to refinish my bathtub.

09/01/2011

NANCY K.

They responded right away, arrived on time, told us what they could do and then did it. It was totally professional.

Description of Work
They repaired a fiberglass shower pan that was cracked. I had been told that the only way to fix it was to remove it and one row of my 18 inch tiles. The folks at Bath Medic came in and put a slip proof fiberglass surface that looks great. They told me that if that didn't work that they can have a liner made, but to try this first because the liner would be more expensive.

12/09/2010

Charles S.

It looks pretty again. They did an excellent job. It has been a year since the work was done and the bathtub still looks great. They were professional and came back the next day to make sure everything done was completed correctly. They worked quickly and efficiently and they did a great.

Description of Work
They sprayed our bathtub.

12/08/2010

John L.

Husband and wife team, good attitude, intelligent people - they had ability to listen. Well organized, professional skills. My experience was very good.

Description of Work
Bathtub refinish & cultured marble countertop refinishing

Category bathtub refinishing, countertops

09/29/2010

Diane B.

Description of Work
Refinished both tub and surrounding tile - It came out beautiful......very professional, vented the smell of the paint, very, very clean.

01/03/2010

scott G.

I had used this couple in May to refinish a bathtub. I'm very happy with both the bathtub and now the shower stall. They're very friendly, professional, courteous and prompt. They work fast and clean up when the job's done. I would recommend them highly to anyone.

Description of Work
Refinished an old harvest gold fiberglass shower stall

Florida Bathtub Refinishing

With over 10 years of experience. Florida Bathtub Refinishing Corp is your solution for all your Bathtub Refinishing needs. We take great pride in our extreme professionalism, timeliness and superior customer service on every job. We make sure to develop a lasting relationship so that the next time service is needed there will be no question on who to call. Call us today! Satisfaction guaranteed!

Luxury Bath of Tampa Bay LLC

Luxury Bath Tampa Bay offers Bathtub & Shower remodeling services and has an A+ rating with Angie's List and the BBB. We are licensed plumbers and general contractors, and we use our own employees to do all the work (no subcontractors) with the exception of major electrical work that requires a licensed electrician. We specialize in remodeling showers, bathtubs, and safe & accessible options such as Walk-in tubs. We believe in delivering high-quality products with exceptional service to each and every homeowner. Call Now & learn all the beneficial ways Luxury Bath, your Affordable Bathroom Remodeler, can help you!

Offers Coupon

Surface Spark Refinishing

Surface Spark Refinishing is a fully licensed and insured refinishing company servicing all of Alachua, Marion, Citrus, and ALL surrounding counties. ​ Surface Spark Refinishing will reglaze & repair porcelain tubs, fiberglass tubs, ceramic tile, formica counters, and cabinets, to make them look brand new. We also repair chips & cracks and  can even change colors for you and we do this at a fraction of replacement cost.

Resurfacing & restoration of bathtubs, sinks, showers, tile, fiberglass, tubs & enclosures.

Plumbing.