Absolute Electric of Tampa Bay Inc

Founded 2004 • With Angi since November 2004

At Absolute Electric our goal is to provide you with superb electrical workmanship backed by over 20 years experience! We are family owned, operated, licensed, bonded and insured. Go ahead and give us a call to discuss wiring your new home, rewiring, troubleshooting, electrical designing, lighting, and much more. We specialize in all aspects of home wiring, including recessed lights, under-cabinet lighting, up-lighting, etc… Our excellent reputation, reviews, and long list of satisfied clients attest to our superior craftsmanship, attention to detail, clear communication, honesty and integrity. Feel free to ask for our client reference list! Call us for a free estimate today!...

electrician (363)lighting (69)ceiling fan installation (47)water heaters (5)home remodeling (2)pool cleaning (2)home theater installation (1)HVAC Companies (1)

10/20/2021

Anne B.

I have used Bernard for all my electrical needs for 13 years. He is very knowledgeable and does quality work at a reasonable price. I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 11/18/2021

10/20/2021

Dave L.

I Have used Absolute Electric and they are Great ..Great work at great prices...I highly Recommended there services A++++

Description of Work
Electrical

Work Completed On 10/20/2021

05/26/2020

Douglas O.

Project scheduled to start June 5, 2020. Completed June 5 2020 Neat and clean installation

Description of Work
Generator transfer switch

Work Completed On 06/05/2020

04/30/2020

Darren G.

It went great. The switch couldn't be installed where I wanted it (apparently because it's a "half wall") but the lights look great and most importantly, they work.

Description of Work
I wanted two lights installed on either side of my garage and a switch to turn them on and off.

Work Completed On 04/20/2020

01/18/2020

Trevor B.

Very prompt figured out everything that need to be replaced and took care of it very quickly. Excellent service would absolutely reccomend

Description of Work
Troubleshooting and fixing my outdoor outlets were no longer working

Work Completed On 01/16/2020

06/26/2019

S R.

Bernard did a great job. Was punctual and very professional, cleaned up, did the job right, fast and for a good price. Very nice guy and will definitely hire again! Replaced a ceiling fan, diagnosed a problem with an outlet not working and fixed it, replaced four old outlets with new GFCI outlets.

Description of Work
ceiling fan replaced, four outlets replaced, diagnosed electric issue

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 06/26/2019

05/14/2019

Mario M.

Bernard arrived on time , behaved in a professional manner , (without being overly formal either ) , performed excellent work, and just as important ; did the work neatly ! This was done for what my Dad and I feel was a very reasonable , and competitive price . I mention my Dad , because the work was done at his house.

Description of Work
The house is under contract to sell ; and there were several electrical items noted in the inspection report , that needed attention. Several GFCI 's were needed in the kitchen, and garage areas . 1 dedicated outlet for a gas stove , and a dedicated line to a dishwasher.

05/03/2019

Jamie S.

Another stellar job from Bernard. On time, done right, and for a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Outlet and fixture repair, mount ceiling fan.

Category electrician, lighting, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 04/19/2019

02/16/2019

RITA AND ANGEL V.

Barnard has done many jobs for us in the past and we know he is great at listening and finding solutions. His top concern is always safety. We don't call anyone else for electrical work!

Description of Work
Exterior floodlights

Work Completed On 02/16/2019

01/27/2019

Steven C.

I called, they responded, came the next day. It was a challenging task and it took about an hour. Apparently, whomever built my house used this box as a junction box for the entire room - there were a lot of wires in there that all had to be ripped out and a new box needed to be installed (box was physically broken). Punctual. Called with updates on arrival. Very polite and knew what he was doing. Would and will definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Replaced 3-gang junction box

Work Completed On 12/28/2018

10/25/2018

Barbara B.

Great they were very good and helpful.

Description of Work
Installed ceiling fan in new screen patio and also outlets

Category electrician, ceiling fans

Work Completed On 08/21/2020

09/28/2018

Richard P.

Bernard Planas was great. He knew exactly what to do and his price was extremely fair for all the work he did. He was on time and professional. He even did a little extra work for me as well. I could not have asked for more. The specific job was to install a generator lockout kit for my portable generator. I would highly recommend him to anyone and he has now become my go to guy for any electrical work that I need done.

Description of Work
Electrical wiring installation for a portable generator

Work Completed On 10/13/2018

08/27/2018

Jeffrey S.

We called them at 3:30 on a holiday weekend. They had the problem fixed by 4:45. They were outstanding.

Description of Work
Replaced and rerouted several circuit breakers.

Work Completed On 08/27/2018

05/18/2018

Jason J.

The installation and work was great and at the price that was presented during estimate.

Description of Work
Generator receptacle and manual transfer switch

Work Completed On 06/05/2018

04/24/2018

HEATHER D.

He arrived right on time and did a great job moving the switch and installing a new outlet. Very nice and professional and fair price.

Description of Work
switch moved/new outlet installed

Work Completed On 04/23/2018

01/08/2018

Charles D.

Great! The electrician was on time, friendly and did the work to my total satisfaction.

Description of Work
We had an electrical outlet go bad, almost started a fire.

Work Completed On 01/05/2018

12/29/2017

cautrese A.

Absolute came out the same day, was very professional and really got the job done. I thought it was a box issue. When I explained the problem I was having to the two guys that came out, they never went into the laundry room and checked the electrical box. I started thinking to myself, oh my god, how is this going to go. I admit at the beginning I was a little worried after that. But mid way, they were working very hard and efficient. They appeared competent, knowledgeable and experienced. The only problem I had was that I forgot to ask them did they want a bottled water the entire time they were in my home. Bad manners on my part that day, I gave them a tip.

Description of Work
Rewired outlets in several rooms

Work Completed On 12/05/2017

12/27/2017

Phil H.

I enjoyed working with Bernard. I needed an electrician quickly and he was able to come out the same day. Good communication to let me know when he would arrive and the work was done professionally - no problems passing the city inspection. Thank you!

Description of Work
Install a new junction box, check and repair an outlet installation

Work Completed On 09/28/2017

12/14/2017

Laura G.

Perfectly. I hired Absolute Electric several years ago and was impressed with the owner's competency and professionalism. Luckily, I was able to dig out the company information from when I called previously (around 2007/2008). I received the same excellent service and was very happy.

Description of Work
Minor work related to concealing exposed (exterior) wires. My 60-year old home had numerous wires hanging along the walls, with several insignificant wires that could simply be cut. Since I had no idea which were live or dead, Absolute Electric stepped in and helped in securing the needed wires and removing those no longer necessary.

Work Completed On 11/01/2017

08/22/2017

Fran G.

He came sooner then expected, because , he said it was an emergency....being that we had no light in our kitchen. the job was done right, and it took less time than I expected. The price was lower than I thought it would be. I will certainly use this company again if the need aris

Description of Work
Bernard replaced the light in the kitchen.

Work Completed On 08/22/2017

08/12/2017

Michelle H.

Bernard is an amazing business owner who is punctual and professional, and quite hilarious to top it off which makes you feel at ease with him being in your home. He spent so much time checking our home and explained everything in detail. I would absolutely without a doubt hire him again for any electrical work that needs to be done to our home in the future. I've already been telling friends and family about him and his company because it's not very often these days that you find someone so trusting in this line of business. He mentioned one thing about our grounding rods being buried the way they are and told me what he would do if I hired him for that type of job in the future, but he wasn't pushy and he gave an amazing price to fix the rods in the future which we absolutely plan to do using him for the job of course. I can't say enough wonderful things about Absolute Electric and the amazing man who owns this company. If you ever need anything done Bernard and Absolute Electric is your man!

Description of Work
We had lightning damage that destroyed three TV's and two fridges so I hired an electrician to make sure nothing was wrong on our end since we had to make a claim against our homeowners insurance. Bernard the owner of this amazing company came out and checked our meter to make sure all screws at the meter were tight, grounding electrode and ground rod connections were good and checked our main breaker panel to make sure all screws were tight and breaker connections.

Work Completed On 07/13/2017

07/28/2017

Cal H.

It went well, I called the power company and they came out and fixed my problem

Description of Work
Lost a 240 Volt elec.phase coming into my home, no work was required other that checking the Elect. circuit.

Work Completed On 07/28/2017

07/26/2017

Dave P.

Excellent; we will have him return to replace a new light we would like to also have that illuminates the back yard.

Description of Work
Landscape lighting was not functioning after a severe thunderstorm. Lights are also used to light up portions of backyard so we can see dogs when they go out at night. Electrician was able to diagnose and fix problem. He was knowledgeable and precise in his work.