Atlantic Shore Home Improvement

Founded 1991 • With Angi since February 2007

15664 89TH PL N

Loxahatchee, FL 33470

We are renowned throughout Palm Beach County for the highest quality work at far prices. Our specialties are bathroom and kitchen renovations, custom carpentry, water & fire restorations, ceramic & wood flooring, modifications for the disabled from wheelchair ramps to tub/shower improvements or installations. ...

07/25/2020

Armand D.

Honestly I was shocked at how smoothly this project went especially when compared to some of the other contractors we had worked with. Anthony and his team showed up every morning on time, got straight to work and were meticulous with everything they did. Every day I was given daily updates before they left on what was completed and what was coming up. I’m kicking myself for not working with them sooner. Over the years I must’ve reached out to at least a dozen or so professionals on here & Anthony is by far the best. You owe it to yourself to give him an opportunity. Also, if you’re concerned about price they were within $250 of pretty much everyone else - not the cheapest & not the most expensive, but definitely the best! Pros: Attention to detail Showed up everyday (amazing how so many others can’t seem to do this) Finished on time Meticulous attention to detail Very neat job site Great communication Cons: I’ll have to make something up...

Description of Work
Complete master bath remodel

Category ceramic tile, drywall, lighting, plumbing, water damage restoration, home remodeling

03/02/2020

IVAN L.

We had a small bathroom totally remodeled including walls and floor tile, plumbing, vanity, and mirror. Atlantic did an excellent job at a reasonable cost. One wall around the tub shower needed to be rebuilt. A few unexpected things came up in the process and they were handled excellently while remaining on budget and on time. The project took two weeks and was done by one person full time and a second about half the time. The labor cost was $5500 plus $1000 for supplies. We selected and paid separately for all of the tiles, vanity, plumbing fixtures, mirror and hardware. The tub was recoated by a separate company after the bathroom had been remodeled.

Description of Work
Remodel bathroom

Category ceramic tile, countertops, plumbing, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling

01/12/2019

Michael H.

Anthony did an amazing job from start to finish. He is meticulous with his work.....I have never seen a contractor work so clean! He addressed every detail of the job and his suggestions were on point. He not only showed up everyday until the job was done and I could have also set my clock to him. The only issue is that I now what to do the rest of my bathrooms! I could not suggest him any higher....you will not be disappointed by his work, he is a professional by every meaning of the word.

Description of Work
We needed a complete bathroom remodel

08/29/2018

Judy F.

Anthony quickly responded to my inquiry and scheduled a consultation to discuss the work that needed to be done. He arrived on time, provided an estimate, and we scheduled the work. He showed up a little early the day the work was to be done. It was a difficult job but he tackled it like the pro he is. He even completed the work quicker than he anticipated. We have additional plumbing work that we plan to have done in the future and Anthony at Atlantic Shore Home Improvement is first on my list to call. I wouldn't hesitate to use his services again and I highly recommend him.

Description of Work
Converted a garden tub to handicap accessible space

Category plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling

05/07/2018

Allen F.

Things went very smoothly and Anthony is a true professional who accomplished a lot in a short amount of time. Anthony had to cut down an elevated granite countertop and prepared the new height to receive Quartz countertops. He also had to extend that Island to accommodate a wine fridge for a built in look. He installed all new base molding and was able to match the existing molding in the kitchen ! Lastly he installed over 13 new Decora electrical outlets in the kitchen area . Anthony will return once the quartz countertops are installed and install sink, faucet and disposal and reattach molding to the bottom of the cabinets . One thing that really impressed me is that I gave Anthony cash to purchase all the materials needed to do the job and he only charged me for the actual cost of those materials and furnished a receipt . Most contractors that I have dealt with always have an upcharge for fetching materials. Just a nice surprise ! I would recommend Anthony for all your construction needs.

Description of Work
create a countertop knee wall and extend Island /install baseboard molding/ install Decora outlets.

02/14/2018

Carolyn F.

This went great! The bathroom looks beautiful and will definitely hire this company again.

Description of Work
Bathroom tile

Category ceramic tile, home remodeling

01/26/2018

Lisa M.

Whew! Thanks to Anthony and his stepson, we finally have our new microwave installed. I spoke with several other handymen, who were all stumped about how to deal with the light bar beneath our cabinets which stuck out so that you couldn't simply lift the old micro straight down, nor lift the new micro straight up in order to install it. These other handymen either bowed out of the project because they thought it would go badly, or they said they would saw off the edge of the light bar and then glue it back on after the install. Yikes! After also seeing the pictures that I sent him (which I'd sent the other prospective handymen, too), believed that he could simply remove the light bar in it's entirety and then put it back on after he installed the micro. Bingo! He also had to trim off some of the existing tile backsplash (because the new micro was a bit taller than the old one). After nearly 3 months, we finally had our new microwave installed, and our light bar (a piece of wood at the bottom of the cabinets) replaced without being damaged. Thank you, Anthony! A very small piece of the tile on the backsplash separated/broke during the trimming, but you can't see it much. We're still very happy just to have the micro in and with no damage to the light bar. It would have been nice if he'd mentioned that little problem with the tile, rather than having me notice it later. Still, all in all, a very good job and we are happy. He charged $150 for 2 hours (he and his stepson), which included replacing the microwave, fixing a loose towel bar, patching and spacking a hole underneath a light fixture, and some other small things. AND, he came out the very next day after I spoke with him to do these repairs - the Friday before Christmas! Definitely pleased.

Description of Work
A tricky microwave replacement (including trimming a tile backsplash), and several other small tasks

Category handyman service, home remodeling

01/24/2018

Lori B.

I don't even know where to begin. We've used Tony and his company a few times now and can't believe he doesn't have his own show on HGTV. I'm serious, this guy is a treasure! I will add photos later, but trust me when I say - TONY IS UNDERPAID! First of all, you will never get a more honest and hard working person than Tony Palermo. I swear on my children's lives. He and his son (who is a real sweetheart) came in a quietly and quickly removed gross moldy shower tiles and floor and replaced them with gorgeous tile and hardware to match - AND IT LOOKS TERRIFIC! We have a massive master bath and shower and Tony advised us how to do it inexpensively (we were unemployed at the time) and he made everything look like a million bucks! He knows what he's doing, he has vast knowledge and experience and he's prompt. Let me clean up my showers and get a couple of photos - you'll see what I mean. It's beautiful (he will even give you design ideas (which we took of course!) and it didn't cost us our first born. Look, Tony is really good, or great I should say, he's talented, he keeps the areas clean and he is quiet and polite. He is a true master of his craft. Oh, and did I mention he was REASONABLE beyond words? Get him now while you can, because he's a rare breed. We'll be calling him again very soon to save us once again!

Description of Work
We had three showers replaced and faucets and other cosmetic stuff done around the house.

Category ceramic tile, handyman service, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, drain cleaning

12/15/2017

Paul M D.

We absolutely can recommend Anthony Palermo and his Atlantic Shore Home Improvement for any work in the way of home improvement to be done. The plumbing , of course, was done by a plumbing company and was a separate cost.

Description of Work
Atlantic Shore Home Improvement does superb work whether big job or small. We have had them for both. This time we had a leak in the slab underneath our house and the plumbers had to re-route the pipes through our walls. There were 7 holes that had to be closed up, replastered, sanded and painted. This was a lengthy job and time consuming. Terry, employee of Anthony Palermo, did an absolutely outstanding job. No one could tell now that there were ever all these holes in the walls! We also had him put up 3 vertical blinds.

Category drywall, handyman service, home remodeling, interior painters

05/18/2017

Ruthie G.

Let me start by saying my husband is VERY particular ! Anthony exceeded all of our expectations . Our master shower and garden tub surround are perfect ! Every single tile is meticulous with PERFECT placement . When he finished for each day it was almost like they were never there . They cleaned up and supplies were left neatly organized . Prices were very fair . Would highly recommend him and we will definitely be using his services again!

Description of Work
two bathroom showers retiled , baseboards replaced and walls repaired , re grouting floor tile , frameless shower door installed

05/01/2017

Paul M D.

They did an excellent job and we will definitely hire them again. Their fees are fair and you won't be disappointed! The flooring was $4000.00 from Home Depot. Atlantic Shore fee was $3000.00.

Description of Work
We had engineered hardwood flooring put in our large living room and dining room. Atlantic Shore did a wonderful job. We have had them do work before and they always come through for us. They always come when they say they are going to come and they work very hard when they are here. They are always reliable and they do outstanding work. We will definitely hire them again.

Category flooring contractor

04/25/2017

Christopher W.

Anthony is a true professional honest and trustworty to do the job right

Description of Work
Remodeled master.bathroom and fixed various items throughout the house

Category ceramic tile, plumbing, home remodeling

04/05/2017

Brendan C.

Anthony and Steven Palermo of Atlantic Shore Home Improvement completed major bathroom renovations for us. They were outstanding: 1. The quality of their work was excellent. 2. They told us when they would start and how long it would take. They finished ahead of schedule. 3. There were no "surprises" or additional expenses. 4. They kept the worksite clean and free of clutter. We are glad we found Anthony and his company.

Description of Work
Master and guest bathroom renovation.

04/02/2017

Caitlin J.

Amazing again. He is our go-to guy. Responsive, on time, trust worthy and very knowledgeable. Thank you again!

Description of Work
Faucet installation, garbage disposal replacement, closet door install, plumbing.

Category handyman service, plumbing, home remodeling, doors

03/24/2017

Caitlin J.

Fabulous. Entire kitchen remodel... and it was a big one! Anthony and his son, Steven, were here EVERY day! No sub contractors or promises they didn't keep. He told me 3 weeks, he finished in 3 weeks and 2 days (I added a few things including a water heater replacement). We have had incredibly bad experiences in the past and this was the absolute opposite. His workmanship was detail oriented and a true craftsman. He made recommendations that saved us money and that we couldn't be more happy with. Each day we came home, it was like a birthday surprise to see what they had done. They cleaned up after themselves every day, helped out with my dog, and made themselves our go-to people for any future renovations. I've already had several people as for their info after seeing my kitchen. Hire them because you won't be disappointed.

Description of Work
Huge Kitchen remodel, water heater replacement, raised roof, carpentry, plumbing

Category drywall, flooring contractor, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, home remodeling

02/27/2017

Gary K.

Exceptional work. Clean and neat. Always a joy to watch a craftsman and perfectionist that takes pride in his work.

Description of Work
Removal of existing bath tub and marble wall covering and convert to shower

Category contractors, ceramic tile, drywall, plumbing, home remodeling

01/13/2017

Lisa B.

First had scheduled a meeting date a month ahead of time. Day of meeting, he changed it and we had to reschedule our plans just to do so. Secondly after a new time was made he showed up 45 minutes early and we were not prepared for that. Spent time going through the extensive time to go over what we wanted done which was a large job throughout our place. After all that he never even bothered to send us a quote. What a waste of time. Also he recommended a painter that works with him. Took the time to have the painter over and he never submitted us a quote. Lousy customer service so would never use.

Description of Work
a lot of renovating of our townhouse

Category remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

I'm sorry for not getting you the quote I have to do quotes everyday and yours must have got misplaced I am sorry you should have called me to see what was wrong and then we could have solved the problem thank you

01/07/2017

BARBARA R.

Fantastic. Anthony gave us an assessment and quote before starting the work and stayed within the agreed price and timeframe. The work was done professionally and results exceeded our expectations. Will definitely contact Anthony again when we are ready to remodel our bathrooms.

Description of Work
Had a wall/room divider removed and new lighting in kitchen.

12/12/2016

Mauricio B.

Anthony was awesome !!!! he is a perfectionist. Job well done. Trustworthy and helpful.

Description of Work
He totally rebuild my kitchen cabinets the way I wanted and made them look like new.

08/22/2016

Judith K.

Excellent. Mr. Palermo came out on time, gave us an estimate, returned the following week and replaced the wall. We've used him before due to his skilled craftmanship, fair price, and coming on time.

Description of Work
Replace drywall which had to be torn out to fix a leaky pipe.

Category contractors, drywall, home remodeling

05/17/2016

Mindy R.

Very well. Anthony's employee Ben did most of the work. Nice guy. Worked fast. Trustworthy. Seemed to be a perfectionist. Anthony completed the work. He is detailed oriented. Pleasant. He also took care of some handyman stuff. Steven, Anthony's son also worked on the kitchen. I don't know how much he did, but I am sure he was a help.

Description of Work
Knock down old kitchen cabinets. Remove old tile floor. Replace kitchen cabinets and retile floor

Category flooring contractor, handyman service, lighting, remodeling, home remodeling, cabinet refacing

05/05/2016

Norman O.

Anthony helped us install the audio wiring over the ceiling, add a new line of HDMI wiring, changed lights in the garage, replaced sombre breakers from the panel, fixed our dishwasher's door, installed the brackets for our awning in the pool deck, also installed a 5 piece art on the wall, fixed our vent in the master bathroom and also the jets in the bathtub.

Description of Work
The provider did a lot of work at my house. He is fast, efficient and professional. He did more than I was expecting. They do a great job.

Category contractors, drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, remodeling

04/30/2016

Thomas C.

Anthony and his son Steve are a pleasure to work with. He's a stand up guy who does what he says and is a pleasure to be around. Second time working with him and hopefully will have the opportunity again in the future.

Description of Work
ceiling fans, lighting, doors, plumbing work, bathroom remodel, exterior wood repair, mount TVs

Category contractors, electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, ceiling fans, home remodeling, doors

04/21/2016

Catherine F.

I found Anthony on Angie's List. The $8000 bid from Anthony was for the labor. Two other bids I received were higher and wanted 6-8 weeks to complete the job. The other contractors would fit my job in among others and hire subcontractors for some of the work, but Anthony dedicated his time just for my project and is licensed to do the entire job . That is so important! Before the start date, we compiled a list of items I needed to purchase. It was my responsibility to pick out tile, tub, toilet, cabinets, countertop, mirrors, lights, towel bars and faucets. Anthony assisted in measuring and determing square feet for the tile. Many things were delivered to the garage before he came, but he was willing to pick up anything ordered. I liked being in control of the cost of the materials I chose, and I shopped it. I saved over $6000 on the overall project by doing it that way. In any project there are adjustments and changes I added...Anthony did every little thing I wanted. THANK YOU ANTHONY AND STEVEN. I highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Anthony totally remodeled my bathroom in 2 weeks. It was old and outdated and now looks classic contemporary. I love it. Anthony and Steven work quickly and in harmony. They are a pleasure to have in my home. Anthony is a man of his word and a perfectionist. Just what I needed. He answered the phone promptly, came and gave an estimate. We set a date and started. Anthony and Steven show up everyday at 8 and when they leave each day the area is clean. They take great care with the house.

Category remodeling, home remodeling

10/12/2015

William S.

Mr. Anthony Palermo is a Master Craftsman not merely a "Handyman" as his business card modestly states. He, together with his son Steven, worked efficiently and professionally all without subcontractors! Problem solving and staying within budget were greatly appreciated (raising the shower floor to match the level of the room floor & expanding the tiny stall shower footprint without changing the plumbing lines was creative). Installing a pocket door alleviated a tight space from the existing in-swing door. LOVE the extra square footage Anthony -- job very well done! With highest recommendations, Lisa 35

Description of Work
Master Bathroom Remodel including: demolition & removal of existing tub, vanity and fixtures. Raised the shower floor, installed new - floor, shower, vanity, lighting, tiling. 34

Category ceramic tile, electrician, flooring contractor, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, doors